[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - EmDrive

EmDrive

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: EmDrive

Unread postby Keith Ness » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:36 pm

...and my apologies for littering this thread with as much rubbish as I did. As an amateur, I've been very careful in the past about doing research before speaking, but lately I've been slipping up. Hopefully I'll keep my wits more about me going forward.
Keith Ness

Unread postby WLMorgan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 am

The experiment was badly designed since they had to shoe horn the apparatus into a very small vacuum chamber. That the proximity to the vacuum chamber doesn't affect the experiment is a dubious claim at best. This experiment needs to be performed in space. Perhaps the Chinese will do it.

Their article, published nearly two years ago in a fringe journal, is interesting but it's not clear what bearing it has upon this experiment.

Their error analysis of the experiment is lousy. I calculated their error bars, which are shown in the graph. There is essentially no information in their data. Perhaps with 10x as many measurements they might have something but there's still the issue that it was a badly designed experiment.
Attachments
ENDrive-1r.JPG
calculated error bars (1 sigma) on EM drive experiment
WLMorgan

Unread postby Keith Ness » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm

My eyes are too tired to study this for the time being, but they are on page 165 of thread 9 of the main EmDrive discussion, viewed about a half a million times, over at nasaspaceflight. People are actually independently building and testing models, communicating with the study authors, and travelling to China in that thread...

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index ... 41732.3280

Hopefully someone can someday clue me in to how people read so much video text without going blind... :)
Keith Ness

Unread postby allynh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:36 pm

allynh

Unread postby ja7tdo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm

hi,

I think principles of emdrive is electromagnetic mass.

https://translate.google.co.jp/translat ... edit-text=

so , if adding vias voltage to cavity, much thrust power produced.

also principle of emdrive produce gravity on Earth.

gravity on Earth is very very complex. who made this system?
ja7tdo

Unread postby allynh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

In November last year I posted an article from Motherboard about the leaked NASA paper on the EmDrive.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16507&start=15#p116113

Somebody pointed me to the link of the NASA paper.

Measurement of Impulsive Thrust from a Closed Radio-Frequency Cavity in Vacuum
https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/1.B36120

This is the pdf.
https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.B36120

These are two papers discussing the EmDrive. They have links and references, so follow up on what is inside if you like.

Overview of the Current State of Understanding of the EMDrive
https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/view ... t=smallsat

A POSSIBLE EXPLANATION FOR THE EM DRIVE BASED ON A PILOT WAVE THEORY
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pa ... THEORY.pdf
allynh

Unread postby allynh » Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 pm

allynh

Unread postby WLMorgan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:17 pm

from Ars-technica (https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/05 ... -thruster/)

SHIELDING—IMPORTANT, MMKAY? —
NASA’s EM-drive is a magnetic WTF-thruster
Test reveals that the magic space unicorns pushing the EM-drive are magnetic fields.
CHRIS LEE - 5/21/2018, 10:34 AM

as i stated in March of last year, it was a crappy experiment.
WLMorgan

Unread postby Robertus Maximus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:32 am

The Dipole Drive: A New Concept for Space Propulsion

Dipole Drive or Double Layer Drive?
Robertus Maximus

Previous

Return to Electric Universe