Is the Electric Universe a Fractal Too? Signs Point to Yes!

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

webolife

Re: Is the Electric Universe a Fractal Too? Signs Point to Yes!

Unread post by webolife » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Back to "finite" versus "fractal".
My view supports both, ie a "finite fractality", with this proviso: There is a largest fractal dimension, I suggest it may be on the order of "supergalactic strings", as well as a smallest, I suggest on the order of the atomic nucleus... there is in other words both a largest and smallest entity. Within this scope I envision several orders of fractal dimensionality. JL, I don't think this is your definition of dimensions here, so no argument is being sought. "Planck's distance", which, if there is such an actual measurement, I don't really understood, suggests a smallest section in the universal fractal array, while the superstructure of galactic clusters, or perhaps Einstein's 10^80 suggests the largest "section".
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:07 am

G'day from the land of ozzzzzzz

This paper maybe of interest

http://arxiv.org/abs/0810.0162
Field Fractal Cosmological Model As an Example of Practical Cosmology Approach

Authors: Yu. V. Baryshev (Astron.Inst.St.-Petersburg Univ.)
(Submitted on 1 Oct 2008)
Abstract: The idea of the global gravitational effect as the source of cosmological redshift was considered by de Sitter (1916, 1917), Eddington (1923), Tolman (1929) and Bondi (1947), also Hubble (1929) called the discovered distance-redshift relation as "De Sitter effect". For homogeneous matter distribution cosmological gravitational redshift is proportional to square of distance: z_grav ~ r^2. However for a fractal matter distribution having the fractal dimension D=2 the global gravitational redshift is the linear function of distance: z_grav ~ r, which gives possibility for interpretation of the Hubble law without the space expansion. Here the field gravity fractal cosmological model (FGF) is presented, which based on two initial principles. The first assumption is that the field gravity theory describes the gravitational interaction within the conceptual unity of all fundamental physical interactions. The second hypothesis is that the spatial distribution of matter is a fractal at all scales up to the Hubble radius. The fractal dimension of matter distribution is assumed to be D = 2, which implies that the global gravitational redshift is the explanation of the observed linear Hubble law. In the frame of the FGF all three phenomena - the cosmic background radiation, the fractal large scale structure, and the Hubble law, -could be consequences of a unique evolution process of the initially homogeneous cold gas. Within field gravity fractal framework a new qualitative picture of the structure and evolution of the Universe has emerged, with some quantitative results that may be tested by current and forthcoming observations.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Very interesting. The FGF fits reasonable well with RASmith's "punctual field" concept.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.