New "UFO" Footage looks like Plasma Phenomenon?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

KeepitRealMark

Re: New "UFO" Footage looks like Plasma Phenomenon?

Unread post by KeepitRealMark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:37 pm

For the past four years now I have believed that most sightings referred to as UFO’s are just a Plasma energy condition reaction in the atmosphere.

NOW… consider this. It took us about a few million years to evolve to where we are. It took thousands of people to design our own spacecraft. It took many various materials that we have CREATED from our natural resources. Such as glass and rubber and alloys. It took thousands of people working in harmony to build our spacecraft… as simple as it is. We have barely left our own atmosphere, and can’t stay away too long. We have no real chance at exploring any further except with satellites and other information collecting tools. There is not the tiniest bit of credible evidence that any life form has ever landed on this planet. No aliens managed to navigate through all the space debris from light years away, just to crash land on a power pole in Roswell N.M. No aliens have ever abducted any farmers from Wisconsin, just to do a Rectal exam on them and then leave. No aliens have come here just to copy us humans making Crop Circles in a hay field in England. No alien is ever going to find the gold album we sent up in space and play it on their Victrola. I agree with Don Henley from ”The Eagles” when he said… “Their not here, their not coming”. Aliens are like Ghosts, when you see a real one, bring him over to my place, I’ll have some questions to ask them.

We must except the fact that we are here on planet earth… and won’t be getting any visitors from outer space.

Call us… Lucky to be here.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm

KeepitRealMark wrote:It took us about a few million years to evolve to where we are.
How do you know that?
KeepitRealMark wrote:It took thousands of people working in harmony to build our spacecraft… as simple as it is.
Yep. But "simple??" Compared to what? :shock:
KeepitRealMark wrote:We have barely left our own atmosphere, and can’t stay away too long. We have no real chance at exploring any further except with satellites and other information collecting tools.
Says who (other than yourself), and why?
KeepitRealMark wrote:There is not the tiniest bit of credible evidence that any life form has ever landed on this planet. No aliens managed to navigate through all the space debris from light years away, just to crash land on a power pole in Roswell N.M. No aliens have ever abducted any farmers from Wisconsin, just to do a Rectal exam on them and then leave. No aliens have come here just to copy us humans making Crop Circles in a hay field in England. No alien is ever going to find the gold album we sent up in space and play it on their Victrola.
Again, and again, and again, according to whom, exactly. . . other than yourself? :|
KeepitRealMark wrote:We must except the fact that we are here on planet earth… and won’t be getting any visitors from outer space.
And, yet again, WHY must we? Because, from behind the filters of your personal, ever-changing perceptions you proclaim it?

You're-a starting to sound-a like-a da Pope. . . or-a Stephen-a Hawking (same-a thing)! :?

Please understand that I'm not the least bit invested in arguing the "alien" case either way. I'm merely pointing out the subjective ambiguity of your current cherished version of what's "real" and what's not. . .

. . . as I perceive it. 8-)
It's all about perception.

Nitai

Unread post by Nitai » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:59 pm

StevenJay wrote:
KeepitRealMark wrote:It took us about a few million years to evolve to where we are.
How do you know that?
KeepitRealMark wrote:It took thousands of people working in harmony to build our spacecraft… as simple as it is.
KeepitRealMark wrote:We have barely left our own atmosphere, and can’t stay away too long. We have no real chance at exploring any further except with satellites and other information collecting tools.
KeepitRealMark wrote:There is not the tiniest bit of credible evidence that any life form has ever landed on this planet. No aliens managed to navigate through all the space debris from light years away, just to crash land on a power pole in Roswell N.M. No aliens have ever abducted any farmers from Wisconsin, just to do a Rectal exam on them and then leave. No aliens have come here just to copy us humans making Crop Circles in a hay field in England. No alien is ever going to find the gold album we sent up in space and play it on their Victrola.
Again, and again, and again, according to whom, exactly. . . other than yourself? :|
KeepitRealMark wrote:We must except the fact that we are here on planet earth… and won’t be getting any visitors from outer space.
And, yet again, WHY must we? Because, from behind the filters of your personal, ever-changing perceptions you proclaim it?

You're-a starting to sound-a like-a da Pope. . . or-a Stephen-a Hawking (same-a thing)! :?

Please understand that I'm not the least bit invested in arguing the "alien" case either way. I'm merely pointing out the subjective ambiguity of your current cherished version of what's "real" and what's not. . .

StevenJay,

I think you bring up good points. That is the difference between the mind of someone seeking truth and seeking personal satisfaction.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

KeepitRealMark

Unread post by KeepitRealMark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am

Nitai wrote:
StevenJay wrote:
How do you know that?

StevenJay,

I think you bring up good points. That is the difference between the mind of someone seeking truth and seeking personal satisfaction.

Hello
Respectfully...
I seek only the truth. It is not a personal thing for me. I don’t care in the slightest if I am perceived as correct. I seek your answers to the questions related to my comments. I am very happy to “Stand Corrected”… as long as it is with the facts. I am a Humble man with humble thoughts. Seeking better ones to believe. That will satisfy me more than any acknowledgement of me being right.
That’s why we are all here… right?

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 am

KeepitRealMark wrote:For the past four years now I have believed that most sightings referred to as UFO’s are just a Plasma energy condition reaction in the atmosphere.
I'm comfortable with this. But I'd go farther and suggest that some of the plasmas cavorting as UFO's are able to interact with human consciousness, to morph into various apparitions, and appear to have a purpose in their overall effect on humanity over time. Because I've seen them up close, studied the literature for four decades, and now have the benefit of plasma science, I'm quite sure we are dealing with an highly evolved and organized "alien" intelligence based on ionized dust and not flesh and bone. It'll take a long time for us humans to wrap our anthropocentric minds around this, but truth is in no hurry.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

KeepitRealMark

Unread post by KeepitRealMark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 am

Dotini wrote:
KeepitRealMark wrote:For the past four years now I have believed that most sightings referred to as UFO’s are just a Plasma energy condition reaction in the atmosphere.
I'm comfortable with this. But I'd go farther and suggest that some of the plasmas cavorting as UFO's are able to interact with human consciousness, to morph into various apparitions, and appear to have a purpose in their overall effect on humanity over time. Because I've seen them up close, studied the literature for four decades, and now have the benefit of plasma science, I'm quite sure we are dealing with an highly evolved and organized "alien" intelligence based on ionized dust and not flesh and bone. It'll take a long time for us humans to wrap our anthropocentric minds around this, but truth is in no hurry.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini
Hi.. Interesting idea you have there. I am not sure that any kind of "dust" can form thoughts with a purpose in mind. It first requires a Mind for this to occur. A brain is the vehicle for the thoughts.
No brain… No thoughts.
I may be entirely wrong.

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:50 am

KeepitRealMark wrote: Hi.. Interesting idea you have there. I am not sure that any kind of "dust" can form thoughts with a purpose in mind. It first requires a Mind for this to occur. A brain is the vehicle for the thoughts.
No brain… No thoughts.
I may be entirely wrong.
I'm going with the hypothesis that all points in space and time are connected. "Mind", or consciousness is universal. Twinned particles on opposite sides of the universe will instantly "know" when one has changed spin or charge. The Sun and planets all "know" where they are, since gravity acts with near-infinite speed.

Respectfully submitted, eager for correction,
Dotini

KeepitRealMark

Unread post by KeepitRealMark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 am

Dotini wrote:
KeepitRealMark wrote: Hi.. Interesting idea you have there. I am not sure that any kind of "dust" can form thoughts with a purpose in mind. It first requires a Mind for this to occur. A brain is the vehicle for the thoughts.
No brain… No thoughts.
I may be entirely wrong.
I'm going with the hypothesis that all points in space and time are connected. "Mind", or consciousness is universal. Twinned particles on opposite sides of the universe will instantly "know" when one has changed spin or charge. The Sun and planets all "know" where they are, since gravity acts with near-infinite speed.

Respectfully submitted, eager for correction,
Dotini
Well… I am no expert in the field…but, I don’t believe there is any conscious thought anywhere else in the universe except right here on Earth. I see no reason to believe in any Intelligent Design. No obvious awareness anywhere.
I see only rocks reacting to electromagnetic conditions.
I like to say… “Electricity Is The Unconscious God’

Of coarse it is only my opinion. For what it is worth.

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am

The question of plasma phenomena versus UFO's is all well and good but the video evidence presented in this thread is not convincing.

Put on your critical thinking caps and consider the vid GaryN posted recently:
Bright shape changing UFO, Moscow 18.01.2011
http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in- ... 2011-video
The first clue is in the description of the video: "Video taken from window at 20th floor in Moscow."
The quality of the image does look like it was taken from inside looking out a window. That would also be the cause of the "mirror flashes" just before the light "disappears".

Second clue is the camera is on auto-focus and actively trying to focus, which is obvious in the wide angle views, but the light in the sky is never in focus throughout the entire video.

Third clue is the 250x and 200x zoom labels toward the end of the vid. Those zoom levels are only possible with digital zoom since handheld camcorders do not have lenses that will achieve that much optical magnification. Ditigal zooms tend to create pixelation in the image.

Fourth clue is that Jupiter is low on the horizon in the SW a few hours after sunset and Venus is low on the horizon in the SE a few hours before sunrise. Jupiter, Saturn and especially Venus are often mistaken for "UFO's".

Conclusion: An out of focus highly magnified video taken through a window, of either Jupiter or Venus, which eventually seems to "disappear" behind a cloud. ;)

cheers
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:32 am

Dotini wrote:I'm going with the hypothesis that all points in space and time are connected. "Mind", or consciousness is universal. Twinned particles on opposite sides of the universe will instantly "know" when one has changed spin or charge. The Sun and planets all "know" where they are, since gravity acts with near-infinite speed.
AFor what it's worth, and at the risk of side-tracking this thread, an observation and hypothetical notion I've held for a while now, if I may:

Even though it's seen as the weakest force in the known universe, gravity still plays an important, even domminant, role locally, at least, according to EU Theory. In other words, it doesn't "shout" at a universal level, it barely "whispers."

Interestingly, human intuition - that quiet inner voice that is unaffected by our physical five-sensory apparati - seems to echo the same dynamic, in that it tends to whisper rather than shout.

Of course, if you're anyone other than me, you might think this is all a bunch of gibberish! :P

KeepitRealMark

Unread post by KeepitRealMark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 am

StevenJay wrote:
Dotini wrote:I'm going with the hypothesis that all points in space and time are connected. "Mind", or consciousness is universal. Twinned particles on opposite sides of the universe will instantly "know" when one has changed spin or charge. The Sun and planets all "know" where they are, since gravity acts with near-infinite speed.
An observation and hypothetical notion I've held for a while now, if I may:

Even though it's seen as the weakest force in the known universe, gravity still plays an important, even domminant, role locally, at least, according to EU Theory. In other words, it doesn't "shout" at a universal level, it barely "whispers."

Interestingly, human intuition - that quiet inner voice that is unaffected by our physical five-sensory apparati - seems to echo the same dynamic, in that it tends to whisper rather than shout.

Of course, if you're anyone other than me, you might think this is all a bunch of gibberish! :P

I have only been here a few days but haven’t seen anything I would call "Gibberish”
Although some here may think my ideas are simply that.
Oh Well… that’s the hazards of sharing ideas with no proof if they’re factual.
Only God knows for sure. And I don’t believe in any of them.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 am

solrey wrote:Conclusion: An out of focus highly magnified video taken through a window, of either Jupiter or Venus, which eventually seems to "disappear" behind a cloud. ;)
I would add that the morphology of the object was likely due to the refractive quality of various atmospheric layers. The setting sun often goes through the same visual contortions. Your analysis seems spot-on, solrey. :)

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Conclusion: An out of focus highly magnified video taken through a window, of either Jupiter or Venus, which eventually seems to "disappear" behind a cloud.
Oh for sure you could be correct solrey. There does seem to be a growing number
of observations of objects with complex and changing geometries though,
and EM/plasma and resonant hotspots (feedback in a tube) might explain many events
previously attributed to UFOs.(I wonder if I could get banned from a UFO forum for
proposing an EM/plasma solution to the UFO question? :-))
Time will tell, or maybe some more advances in imaging technology will show, if
indeed these odd phenomena are real or not. A pocket-size radar system would be dandy,
but this is the smallest so far I think. Wonder if they will ever squeeze one into
a smart phone?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm

GaryN wrote: There does seem to be a growing number
of observations of objects with complex and changing geometries though,
and EM/plasma and resonant hotspots (feedback in a tube) might explain many events
previously attributed to UFOs.(I wonder if I could get banned from a UFO forum for
proposing an EM/plasma solution to the UFO question? :-))
The physicist Harley Rutledge long ago made plasma an acceptable solution to some UFO mysteries in Missouri. The problem rests in explaining how and why the plasmas react to human observation/consciousness by changing shape, size, color or direction.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:17 pm

The British MOD released reports explaining that many UAPs were plasma, but
of course true believers call this a cover-up. On the other hand, is there a case
for the Government to promote the 'unknowns' idea to keep the public fretful?
I believe I saw a black triangle craft, only 100 meters above me, slow and silent,
one big bright light and smaller lights at the corners. The was no doubt in my mind.
But, it is also accepted the EM events can have strong physiological effects on
us, so can I believe what I think I saw?

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Freed ... ummary.htm
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller