Universe Consists of Consciousness

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Universe Consists of Consciousness

Unread post by bboyer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Arc-us wrote:
The map is not the territory.
It certainly wasn't in the TV series Bonanza.
http://www.tvland.com/video-clips/bonan ... theme-song
Whoa, way-back machine. Amnesia has it's positive points.
Robert Frost wrote:
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Flaming maps to the contrary, I think I probably hold with those who favor ice. Just go to sleep, once the initial numbing stage has passed; and await the next 'rousing of wakeful dreaming .... ;)
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:56 am

Arc-us wrote:
I am also sure that we all, to whatever relative degree, see and project what we want to see, with attendant beliefs and interpretation about what is seen [or otherwise perceived].
Indubitably.
“You do not experience the world as IT is. You experience it as YOU ARE.” - Socrates
Coming at it from another direction, it seems to me that the Universe (or whatever) communicates with the individual in a way that the individual can relate to, horses for courses, so to speak.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Currently i see massive rebouncing ;)

Personally i dont buy into the objectivism - individualism stuff. Its a reaction of the mind when it discovers the consequences of the next step.

But i dont have to bring my point through, i just have to state it. I am more of a messenger then an intellectual.

So here is another part of the map.

Beyond the area of rational reality there is the area of fantasy. So far we probably all will agree. Something nobody every mentioned is what lies behind the land of fantasy. I guess most people have a map where fantasy is just a bubble like the universe or so.

Unlike theorists the seer have to deal with what they see. No matter if they want or not. In case of fantasy county it is so that this isnt an imaginative bubble, but an area that borders to other areas. Areas beyond rational reality and fantasy.
In psychology it is know that it is possible to penetrate the imagination with sublime "actions". But this is only half of what is really observable. Spirits are entering through this border. And i use "entering" in a rational reality meaning. Positive spirits are less the problem, but the bad guys are. Coming though the backdoor they dont need to use force or sublime actions.

And most people really think its their own idea to mess with DNA or other humans or animals. They have been really confident that it have been their own calculations that made the atomic bomb possible. They really thought they made up their own philosophies and religions.

This is unfortunately not what seer observe.

elijahblackwood

Unread post by elijahblackwood » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 am

Coming at it from another direction, it seems to me that the Universe (or whatever) communicates with the individual in a way that the individual can relate to, horses for courses, so to speak.
"Truth is not a reward for good behaviour, nor a prize for passing some tests. It cannot be brought about. It is the primary, the unborn, the ancient source of all that is. You are eligible because you are. You need not merit truth. It is your own. Just stop running away by running after. Stand still, be quiet”

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

:D

mague

Unread post by mague » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 am

elijahblackwood wrote:
That is because we are a manifestation of the goddess earth. Not even the all encompassing allmighty bothers humans, because this relation is controlled by earth.
Which is governed by our connection with the Sun...?

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... 0oct_ftes/

Thanks for sharing :D

Hi Elijah,

the termo-optic and the magneto-electric connection are only two aspects. There is more.

However, people do not need to send a prayer to the sun or Saturn or Jupiter or Vishnu
or God if they cant accept their local goddess Gaia.

We are earth and she gives us food, water, clothing, consciousness, knowledge, spirit and
spirituality.

The arrogance to skip her only leads to Preta and Naraka. Greed, endless hunger and diabolic sadism.

If we cant honor our local goddess the other powers wont listen to us. There is no need
to pray to other deities, because they reveal/introduce themselves once people treat their
own local deity appropriate. Ofc. there is a sun god, a Vishnu in the galaxy, a Braman in the
universe and an allencompassing god. But would you care for someone who treats a member of your family like a bitch ?

Ofc. we could just let everyone do what he likes. But who cleans up the mess ?
This is done by shamans, priests and a few other similar groups. Silent, without publicity, honor or payment.

But when the leaders of politics and economy are massively infected from Preta and Naraka
and so many people happily dance with them on the vulcano, why should the cleaners keep risking
their lives, their health and their karma for the privilege to clean their mess away ?

Maybe, in a not so distant future we probably dont clean the mess only for once.
We probably just watch them all die and rot in Naraka. Its not like the gods wouldnt look
away just once.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Mague,
I'm currently reading The System of Antichrist: Truth and Falsehood in Postmodernism and the New Age By Charles Upton
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CwUo ... &q&f=false

There are some things which might interest you starting on page 10.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:06 pm

mague wrote:Ofc. there is a sun god, a Vishnu in the galaxy, a Braman in the universe and an allencompassing god. But would you care for someone who treats a member of your family like a bitch ?
Are you implying petty human judgement here, Mague?

There are definitely those who consider Gaia to be nothing more than a commodity to be used and abused, and then tossed aside. I feel that there are far more, though, who acknowledge and embrace our connection with, not only Gaia, but All-That-Is.

I also feel that we, as a sentient species, are finally emerging from a deep dark psychosis. So, maybe we need to go easy on ourselves and be a bit more patient. That process isn't exactly a walk in the park, ya know.

I say, TRUST THE PROCESS.
It's all about perception.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Mague and StevenJay,

I'm going to sit on the fence with this.

Up to a few days ago I would have agreed with Steven about trusting the process. I still do to a certain extent, if only because the process (Logos) is inevitable.
But I've been thinking about Mague's comments in his last few posts and have just read a chunk of the book at the above link. Also there was a passage in Mary Atwood's book, Hermetic Philosophy and Alchemy, which mentioned good and not so good spirits. So now I'm leaning over to Mague's view.
The author of the book, Charles Upton, is a Sufi so that's three different traditions all saying more or less the same thing.
Egregores came to mind while I was thinking about Mague's posts.
I shall think some more.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Riposte

Unread post by Riposte » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Grey Cloud wrote: I shall think some more.
One cannot arrive at the truth by thinking about it.

Seriously. :lol:

mague

Unread post by mague » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Mague and StevenJay,

I'm going to sit on the fence with this.

Up to a few days ago I would have agreed with Steven about trusting the process. I still do to a certain extent, if only because the process (Logos) is inevitable.
[...]
I shall think some more.
Hi,

As i read you it seems this is rather new to you. The Antichrist concept is, in my opinion, not very useful to learn more. Polarity is the wrong approach to this. The obvious is always old news. It is obvious that water flows down the hill and hill and valley are parts of one planet. This is where you will end if you concentrate on the polarities.

Now the flowing water may be smooth or destructive. I could place or remove a rock that changes destruction to smoothness or vice versa. But then i have to consider the rocks opinion.

This is the position where we only can trust into the process. We either talk to the hilltop, the valley, the water and the rocks and find a solution that may result in an action or non-action. If we cant talk to them or cant understand their replies we tend to do nothing, which is a good decision imho.

A better approach could be the Buddhists Six Realms of Existence.
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/six-states.shtml

It doesnt matter if there are diabolic sadists, hungry ghosts or Asuras. As water flows to catch oxygen, water plants and get filtered itself, the spirits travel though existence's. Within this process basically only balance matters. Its not about different original matter but about quality states of one and the same original matter. Simple events may degrade the quality. Someone got hit by a falling tree in the wilderness and slowly dies over the period of many days. Unable to move due to broken legs. Pain trough insects and animals who smell the blood and the coming dead. This may result in a degraded spirit that needs to be cleaned.

If the balance is extremely disturbed and people drill deep holes into their planet, ignite atomic bombs under the surface releasing massive shock waves and i guess massive EM waves then this is very bad. If they start to mess with DNA, then this is bad. Once humans, their mind and soul, their planet and the whole universe is a machine the word dignity lost all meanings. A few subprocesses happen but to make it short it all just escalates. In the end the worst "sinners" really degrade to the pure from of Preta and Naraka. This is where the threshold was exceeded and earth may declare "Personae non Gratae" to groups of creatures. They are beyond anything we would call human, but basically this is just a self defense mechanism. And thats the point where the shaman doesnt have or rather isnt allowed to help anymore. Its another process that appears to be contrary to the usual process.

I hope that made it a bit more clear.

mague

Unread post by mague » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:15 am

StevenJay wrote:
I say, TRUST THE PROCESS.
I appreciate your support. I once got hit by a Oni i could hear my chi crack. I am not sure how many people ever heard that sound ;) And i am still standing. Namaste

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 am

Riposte wrote:

I beg to differ. Even more seriously. ;)
Are you suggesting that we cannot arrive at Truth or are you suggesting that there is some other method?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:21 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Mague,
I'm currently reading The System of Antichrist: Truth and Falsehood in Postmodernism and the New Age By Charles Upton
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CwUo ... &q&f=false

There are some things which might interest you starting on page 10.
Hi,

i really just have read page 10. Does seem to make some sense.

Basically you can look at it as the mirror image of the other faction. For a small priest the pope is a master and the big thing a god. For a small sadist the big sadist is a master and the devil a god. For a small greed head the big greedy is a master and the black hole a god :P

The actions and "magic" of both is the same. They pray to raise the quality of the environment like the others too. Its just a question of taste. All live in their own maia/illusion. Both erect idols to allow their higher spirits to dwell on earth. Both hope their collective prayers invite their savior to materialize on earth. The one want a miracle healing the others the ultimate medical knowledge.

Those can be annoying to each other or worse. The bombing of Hiroshima really is able to summon an angry ghost the size of Gozilla. Killed babies are often extreme angry ghosts. But a bigger threat are those we summon when acting against the creation. Using agent orange and napalm on large areas of forest is a stupid idea in terms of spirits. LHC and splitting subatomic stuff is an extremely stupid idea.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:00 am

Riposte wrote:

100% agreed. "Still the mind" ... then, "see" [or other verbal of choice] what remains, when all else is quiet. Absolute/ultimate "truth" itself. When the seeker has ceased seeking, even if only for a moment. As I've mentioned many times before, it's apparently just too simple for most. Especially if it's conceptualized as some sort of state of enlightenment. It is not a state since a state implies change and what is being pointed to is "that/this" which has never been born nor absent but is-was-will always be present. It is the ... unadorned ... true self, not to be confused with a sensation, or tension, of any temporal I, ego, or personality of mind.

Even this is too wordy. Too mentally busy. Too intellectual. [sigh]
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:08 am

Hi Mague,
Basically you can look at it as the mirror image of the other faction.
That seems to be what Upton is saying. He says that antichrist is both a system and an individual; Postmodernism, Deconstruction, New Age movement etc are contributors to the system; several lesser antichrists wil appear before the one individual who will be the Antichrist. This person will not be the Devil incarnate or an avatar etc but will be a human who due to time, place and circumstance, exemplifies the role - cometh the hour, cometh the man; cometh the dark hour cometh the antichrist, type of thing.

Upton is scathing about the sort of nonsense that Lizzie for example, posts.

Where I did disagree with Upton was where he lumped Nietzsche in with all the bad elements. It was Voltaire, not Nietzsche, who first coined the phrase 'God is dead'. In Ecce Homo, (I think) Nietzsche wrote 'God is dead - now what?' His point being that killing God also kills the metaphysical foundation of all your laws, ethics and culture generally. He castigates democracy, communism, nihilism, and every other 'ism' precisely because they will inevitably lead to the position we are now in. His 'deconstruction' was positive in that it was done a warning. He wrote with majestic contempt against the smug complacency of the middle-class mores, their mediocrity and their blind faith in progress.
He also wrote that 'there are no facts, only interpretations'. This is true and not so bad when those interpretations are all based on the same metaphysical paradigm. Once the unifying paradigm is gone then the interpretations become individualised and we end up with today's mess and Lizzie's posts.
He praised Napoleon not because Nietzsche was a militarist or war-monger but because Napoleon, by exercising his Will to Power had made all the so-called great and the good of Europe dance to his tune for ten years. Nietzsche's point being: what could humanity achieve if it focused and exercised its collective Will? Instead we fritter away our potential with committees, consensus, valuing diversity and political correctness.

Personally, I see all knowledge breaking down - scinece, medicine, education, all of it is so far off the mark it depresses me. This entropy is the end of the cycle - Brahma's breath has reached its furthest extent. But the tide will turn and Brahma will breath in.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.