Gravity ("curved spacetime")

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Siggy_G

Gravity ("curved spacetime")

Unread post by Siggy_G » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:06 am

Does curved spacetime, a distorted 4d coordinate system, explain why a static object (held and left go over ground) should start moving towards the main object? (Seems like one has to click the image to see its full width)
Does curved spacetime, a distorted 4d coordinate system, explain why a static object (held and left go over ground) should start moving towards the main object? (Seems like one has to click the image to see its full width)
As illustrated by the radial force lines from the main object (gravity and/or of electromagnetic nature):<br /><br />The passing object is affected by more centripetal force per time unit, the closer its path is to the main object.<br /><br />The passing object is affected by more centripetal force per time unit, the slower it passes the main object.
As illustrated by the radial force lines from the main object (gravity and/or of electromagnetic nature):

The passing object is affected by more centripetal force per time unit, the closer its path is to the main object.

The passing object is affected by more centripetal force per time unit, the slower it passes the main object.
Curved/warped spacetime seems like an unnecessary explanation to me, as it is based upon a certain way of geometrizing nature, and is still dependent on Newtonian force theory to stand. While the theory illustrates why dynamic objects' paths curve, as they pass through a distorted 4d coordinate system, it is not explained whether or why stretched or compressed spacetime itself should act as a force. If that is not the case, we are still looking at gravity being "some force" acting radially between masses.

The reason curved space appears to work perfectly in theory, is because it is mirroring the radial effect of gravity (it increases/decreases based on distance) - independently on how one explains that force. In other words, I believe curved spacetime is a theory that has spawned on wrong or biased visualization. One only needs to consider the radial effects, like the second illustration above indicates.

One should also have in mind that the reason why the curved spacetime theory spawned, was to explain why photons (which shouldn't have mass) are affected by a force that only acts between objects of mass (gravity). If gravity was viewed as a force of electromagnetic nature, one could one day get closer to how it all ties together, and curved spacetime would be an unnecessary explanation. If the latter becomes unnecessary, there is a long list of exotic theories that will dissolve with it...

Before anyone screams about special theory of relativity being perfectly proven with GPS systems and the likes, it is still a theory just giving a comparative view on how velocities and forces work between different coordinate systems - but it still fails to explain gravity. It tries to illustrate its effect though, by converting the effect of force into a distorted coordinate system. One can visually do the same with the effect of magnetism ("magnetism warps spacetime around the poles"), but we know that would be wrong and unnecessary as an explanation on magnetism.

earls

Re: Gravity ("curved spacetime")

Unread post by earls » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 am

An excellent summary of the weak points of "Relativity." While I haven't studied the theory first hand, from the material I have consumed, I believe it is often quickly forgotten that relativity is a framework of the behavior of the force, NOT a description of the force itself... Which is basically what you stated.

I have recently (finally) grasped the concept of a photon... A photon cannot exist outside of the presence of a electromagnetic field. In essence, that's all they seem to be... Individual photos are compressed, modulated packets of the existing EMF.

"a long list of exotic theories that will dissolve with it..."

And good riddance!

Your summary of SR hits in the nail on the head... Presenters of SR make it seem "magic" that time and space are doing all of these "crazy" things, but it should be obvious that two moving bodies a vast distance apart will experience these effects... It's really just that Einstein was one of the few people to think on a much larger scale than most people at the time.

While cars were slowly coming to maturity, planes were still practically brand new! Who would have considered the behavior of objects at such vast distances when we could barely travel from city to city in one day?! No one could possibly give a damn that the ellipses of other planets also rotated... Newton had already answered the question "Are they going to fall on our heads? No? Great!"

So we finally get to the space age, parts of the theories are tested, verified correct, and suddenly we're forced to accept all of the additional "mysticism" because the aspects tested to date have survived experiment.

I truly believe if science of the past had the insight of the vast electrical nature of the Universe we know today instead of [Neutral Object] [Empty Space] [Neutral Object] we would be light years ahead of our current pace.

It is no wonder that the combination of large scale neutrality and assumption of the "monopole" nature of gravity have led to such confusion! "Monopolistic" is more like it!

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Siggy_G,
Could I ask where the diagrams are from?
I don't want to harp on about my dowsing, but I assure You that what I detect explains exactly what you are proposing.

In the second diagram there are only single lines crossing through the centre point, but I detect nine line running parallel, and they then repeat add infernitum.
If you draw that out you find that the polygons are created at multiple ever increasing diameters around the centre point, and that any flow heading along the lines is constantly offered a fine switch onto the next line that is always offering a pathway of least resistance to the centre point.

What happens is that a dominant cross is always created of closely packed lines as the geometry is not equal but fibonacci based fractal, circulations occur around each formed polygon, as well as the four dominant lines leading directly to the centre offering the most direct pathways of least resistance, zillions of lines with each having it's own content are thus constantly imploding into the centre point, but a lower flow also expands out at the same time, the difference between the higher content incoming and lower out going has been absorbed by creation of 3d matter.

If I knew how to do that type of drawing I could draw it out to actual scale, the nine lines have specific distances apart, that can be scaled, this will then be simple to scale up to give the various major polygons that create the bounderies such as surface and various levels both inside the planet and in the atmosphere.

If You just view that second diagram with lots more lines all running parallel to the ones shown, then you will begin to see how in my opinion the aether implodes at geometric points in a universal grid of geometry, not created by the planet, but the planet been created upon the geometry, the centre point thus been a focus point of geometry based standing sheets that allow a duality of inbalanced spin charges to flow upon.

hope that makes some sense, i don't have the terms to assign as you all may know certain features by, but at all scales it simply mirrors in/out with the flows ebbing and rising tidal like.
kevin

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Good thinking all around, Siggy.
The UFT I have studied since 1981 answers these questions well, and since coming these past few years to the EU I have learned to see all the forces as interconnected, in Cartesian space, in real time; and the power of the EU to explain the holding forces of a universe that would literally fly away if gravity were the only operator. And curved space-time has nothing to do with it.

Kevin, your dowsing posts usually drive me crazy, but you hit a couple of points I'd like to dialogue more about.
Would you check out the site "Cosmos Today" at:
http://cosmostoday.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html
Look at the Blog entries to see some of the other diagrams... what do you think of these?
It is an incomplete site I only recently became aware of, but I have some "inside" info I can share if you are interested.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Kevin - the diagrams were made by me to illustrate my points. The second illustration shows a wireframe of a sphere and intersections of the main polygons. The radial lines shows a few representative lines of force, and hence indicates what happens when an object passes through more and more of them, or towards the pinching centre.

I tried to look into your explanation, and it appeared to me that you describe the force both radially and as fractally branching? I tried to make an illustration of that.
Starting off with a few representative radial force lines<br />(a sphere is simplified into 32 polygons) extruded from each vertex.
Starting off with a few representative radial force lines
(a sphere is simplified into 32 polygons) extruded from each vertex.
radial_gravity_lines_branching_01.jpg (23.44 KiB) Viewed 14071 times
The force lines branches off into the extended space,<br />as the radius increases.
The force lines branches off into the extended space,
as the radius increases.
radial_gravity_lines_branching_02.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 14073 times
Another iteration of branches - zoomed out.
Another iteration of branches - zoomed out.
radial_gravity_lines_branching_03.jpg (46.74 KiB) Viewed 14075 times
More complex 3d version of it and set in a space grid context.<br />An object approaching this force field, will be directed towards the center.
More complex 3d version of it and set in a space grid context.
An object approaching this force field, will be directed towards the center.
radial_gravity_lines_branching_04.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 14080 times
However, I want to be careful about looking too much into the geometry part. Whether or not these lines branches off, or if they are radial lines that just pinches into a center, the effect is the same. Since they only are shown as a few representative lines (a force field would consist of a dense distribution), they are in sum a radial force. It's interesting though, that they remind of plasma filaments...

I believe physics is often about tendencies - and these kind of lines are more indicating tendencies, rather than literal lines of force.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Siggy_G,
Very impressive, but if I could just stress the importance of parallel lines again?
Where D=distance,P=distance +50%
Nine lines.. 1 to 9....1D.2D.3P.4D.5D.6P.7D.8D.9.
That gives nine parallel lines in three groups of three equally spaced triple lines with a plus 50 % gap in between the three sets.

If You draw say 13 of those sets of nine lines, with the middle No 5 line crossing all other centre lines, you will draw nested polygons.
It's a long story then about the angles of those sets of nine parallel lines, because it's not about pretty mandela type patterns, though the cross four cardinal directions is central.
Kevin,
struggling to best explain, but please stick with me.

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 am

I want to underline this though:

I still haven't seen an explanation through general relativity that explains why a static object should start move/fall (the falling apple). It seems like the theory relies on a force when it comes to static objects, while curved space theory tries to explain the dynamics, by distorting the coordinate system proportionally with the force field. But then why not just call it a force field?

Newtonian physics explains the exact same dynamics and curves. However, the shortcomings were related to how it can apply to light (thought of as mass less) and some issues with red shift.

But isn't it then here the problem lies? Isn't it evident that it is the understanding of light and the nature of gravity that needs a revamp? Say, if photons were recognized with some fractional mass, curved space theory wouldn't have been postulated.

As I just saw the following Norwegian article this morning, while writing this. Google translates it well, but some words are left untranslated (or some weird phrases). Basically, a few scientists are saying they are "heretic" enough to question Einstein and the current perception of light, and are doing new experiments to figure out the nature of light:

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... =en&swap=1

Kevin: I think I see the way you mean the branching of the lines work. Will have a closer look at it later on.

earls

Unread post by earls » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 am

For one, remember that your "static object" is part of the "coordinate system", not an arbitrary separate manifestation riding above it. In such a case, it is the density of the coordinate system that dictates its behavior.

Call it a force field if you desire... The "curvature" or distortion of the coordinate system (field) models the force. The "appearance" of the force distorted field dictates the available behavior in the local region of distortion.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 pm

This is the Electric Universe. Coulombs Constant, Pi. Permittivity of space, Pi. Permeability of space, Pi. Electrostatics, Pi. Electromagnetics, Pi. Pi is a constant that is part of the fabric of distributed charge. If you observe the geometry of a telsa coil, Pi. If you look at the nanotechnology of nanodots and frozen light, Pi. It is impossible to not finally come to the understanding that Curved Geometry is a essential component of reality, especially electric reality.

If you think that this realty is not imposed on space-time, thats your gig, I on the other hand understand that time is curved, as is electric space. Time is forward and backward. More correctly it is frequency and more percise, quantum resonance. Which brings us back to the curved nature of the universe.

Life exist on the edge of this curve....
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Sure, I'm not contradicting radial or spherical aspects of nature. The force field is as mentioned radial. You don't neccesarily have to warp space to explain this. Do you have to explain the nature of magnetism with curved space, and if not, why does that differ from the view on gravity? How does magnetism behave radially, when space is curved on top of that (around a planet/star)?

The similarities in the nature of magnetic/electric/gravitational fields could be revealed to have a unified reason. The view that space has a structure, in the same manner as matter, that can be bent, stretched and compressed, is just not convincing to me. But I enjoy the 3d visuals of it, and like everyone else, the achivement of trying to understand exotic theories ;) It's just that they don't convince me yet to be of true nature. I see matter as the "building blocks" and space as the emptyness in the "sand box" - and then a large set of object related behaviours for how things tie together.

"It's not a curve, it's a straight line on a bent piece of paper."

earls

Unread post by earls » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:36 pm

"The view that space has a structure, in the same manner as matter, that can be bent, stretched and compressed, is just not convincing to me."
There's no such thing as "empty space." View "space-time" as a sheet of graphene - an ultra thin material. Scrunching it together creates structure (matter), but even if parts of it remains unscrunched, or only scrunched a small amount, it still has structure. Electromagnetic fields are vibrations in the sheet. Structuring is controlled by the EM field vibrations. Gravity comes into play because the sheet has a natural tendency to expand or contract, this is dictated by the local structuring.

If we wish to reconcile with the big bang, there was an original "parent" vibration that led to the structure of our Universe today. Any variation of that original vibration would have created different structures, or perhaps the same structures, but along different timescales.

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 pm

What is spacetime?

If it is a material object then where is it?

How can spacetime be curved?

If spacetime has a shape then what color is it?

Yellow?

Purple?

"In a nutshell, Pastor Al [Einstein] was deluded into thinking that space is a physical object." -- Bill Gaede, physicist, 2008

"I can't even tell you at the moment what 'at the moment means.' Even momentarily." -- Brian Cox, physicist, 2008

"Leibniz also disagreed with other aspects of Newtonianism, such as the use of gravity, which he held to be a revival of occultism, and Newton's use of space as an absolute. Leibnizian physics defined motion and therefore space as relational." -- William E. Burns, historian, 2001

"Leibniz also attacked Newtonian physical ideas, including absolute space and time, [and] the Newtonian theory of gravitation, which he charged introduced an occult force...." -- William E. Burns, historian, 2001

"Classic quantum mechanics seems to exhibit some of the characteristics that Immanuel Kant described about the relation between phenomenal reality in space and time and things-in-themselves." -- Kelley L. Ross, philosopher, 1997

"The arguments of Hume and Kant have been confirmed by quantum mechanics." -- Sunny Y. Auyang, physicist, 1995

"In the discussion of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum theory it has been emphasised that we use the classical concepts in describing our experimental equipment and more generally in describing that part of the world which does not belong to the object of the experiment. The use of these concepts, including space, time and causality, is in fact the condition for observing atomic events and is, in this sense of the word, 'a priori'." -- Werner Heisenberg, physicist, 1958

"Lord Kelvin has rightly pointed out that no previous mathematician or physical astronomer had discovered or anticipated Kant's solution--and with this Professor Tait and M. Wolf agree; so that it appears to be absolutely original." -- Thomas Wright, historian, 1900

"Kant pointed out in the middle of last century, what had not previously been discovered by mathematicians or physical astronomers, that the frictional resistance against tidal currents on the earth's surface must cause a diminution of the earth's rotational speed. This really great discovery in Natural Philosophy seems to have attracted little attention,--indeed to have passed quite unnoticed, --among mathematicians, and astronomers, and naturalists, until about 1840, when the doctrine of energy began to be taken to heart." -- Lord Kelvin, physicist, 1897

"...it is not necessary to refer the law of inertia to a spacial absolute space. On the contrary, it is perceived that the masses that in the common phraseology exert forces on each other as well as those that exert none, stand with respect to acceleration in quite similar relations. We may, indeed, regard all masses as related to each other. That accelerations play a prominent part in the relations of the masses, must be accepted as a fact of experience; which does not, however, exclude attempts to elucidate this fact by a comparison of it with other facts, involving the discovery of new points of view." -- Ernst Mach, physicist, 1893

"Great as the currency of his [Kant's] leading ideas has been, much still remains in his works to be developed by the struggle and collision of future systems; and it may be safely pronounced that no philosopher of the eighteenth century, perhaps none since the days of Aristotle, has left behind such monuments of thought, or has so firmly imposed the task of mastering them on the speculation of all succeeding ages." -- John Cairns, philosopher, 1892

"The sort of geological speculation to which I am now referring (geological aetiology, in short) was created as a science by that famous philosopher, Immanuel Kant, when, in 1775 [1755], he wrote his General Natural History and Theory of the Celestial Bodies; or, an Attempt to Account for the Constitutional and Mechanical Origin of the Universe, upon Newtonian Principles." -- Thomas H. Huxley, biologist, 1869

"To suppose a reader thoroughly indifferent to Kant, is to suppose him thoroughly unintellectual...." -- Thomas De Quincey, author, 1827

"But what are we to say when we find Kant's most important and brilliant doctrine, that of the ideality of space and of the merely phenomenal existence of the corporeal world, expressed already thirty years previously by Maupertuis? ... Maupertuis expresses this paradoxical doctrine so decidedly, and yet without the addition of proof, that it must be supposed that he also obtained it from somewhere else [Aristotle and Leibniz!]. It is very desirable that the matter should be further investigated, and as this would demand tiresome and extensive researches, some German Academy might very well make the question the subject of a prize essay." -- Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher, 1819

"Playfulness, wit, and humor were at his [Kant's] command. His lectures were the most entertaining talks. His mind, which examined Leibniz, Wolff, Baumgarten, Crusius, and Hume, and investigated the laws of nature of Newton, Kepler, and the physicists, comprehended equally the newest works of Rousseau ... and the latest discoveries in science. He weighted them all, and always came back to the unbiased knowledge of nature and to the moral worth of man. The history of men and peoples, natural history and science, mathematics and observation, were the sources from which he enlivened his lectures and conversations. He was indifferent to nothing worth knowing. No cabal, no sect, no prejudice, no desire for fame, could ever tempt him in the slightest from broadening and illuminating the truth. He incited and gently forced others to think for themselves; despotism was foreign to his nature." -- Johann G. Herder, philosopher, 1791

"...As our intuition is always sensuous, no object can ever be presented to us in experience, which does not come under the condition of time. On the other hand, we deny to time all claim to absolute reality; that is, we deny that it, without having regard to the form of our sensuous intuition, absolutely inheres in things as a condition or property. Such properties as belong to objects as things in themselves never can be presented to us through the medium of the senses. Herein consists, therefore the transcendental ideality of time, according to which, if we abstract the subjective conditions of sensous intuition, it is nothing, and cannot be reckoned as subsisting or inhereing in objects as things in themselves, independently of our intuition." -- Immanuel Kant, physical scientist/philosopher, 1781

"If we...consequently take objects as they are in themselves, then time is nothing." -- Immanuel Kant, physical scientist/philosopher, 1781

"Time is nothing else than the form of the internal sense, that is, of the intuitions of self and of our internal state. For time cannot be any determination of outward phenomena. It has neither to do with shape nor position; on the contrary, it determines the relation of representations in our internal state." -- Immanuel Kant, physical scientist/philosopher, 1781

"Time is not something which subsists of itself, or which inheres in things as an objective determination..." -- Immanuel Kant, physical scientist/philosopher, 1781

"Time is not an empirical conception. For neither coexistance nor succession would be perceived by us, if the representation of time did not exist as a foundation a priori. Without this presupposition we could not represent to ourselves that things exist together at one and the same time, or at different times, that is, contemporaneously, or in succession." -- Immanuel Kant, physical scientist/philosopher, 1781

"When formerly I regarded space as an immovable real place, possessing extension alone, I had been able to define absolute motion as change of this real space. But gradually I began to doubt whether there is in nature such an entity as is called space; whence it followed that a doubt might arise about absolute motion." -- Gottfried W. Leibniz, polymath, 1695

"...space without matter is something imaginary...." -- Gottfried W. Leibniz, polymath, 1689

"There is no vacuum." -- Gottfried W. Leibniz, polymath, 1689

"...we must raise the whole problem about place/space -- not only as to what it is, but even whether there is such a thing." -- Aristotle, Physics, Book IV

"...if it [place] is itself an existent, where will it be? Zeno's difficulty demands an explanation: for if everything that exists has a place, place too will have a place, and so on ad infinitum." -- Aristotle, Physics, Book IV

"It is evident, then, that it is easy to refute the arguments by which they prove the existence of the void." -- Aristotle, Physics, Book IV

"...there is no void...." -- Aristotle, Physics, Book IV

"Man is the measure of all things: of things which are, that they are, and of things which are not, that they are not." -- Protagoras, philosopher, date unknown
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Time is best understood as its inverse property, frequency.
Space time is linear frequency.
Quantum resonance is distribued frequency.
There are always two frequencies operating at any one "time".
:lol:

It is from this inverse relationship that the curved nature of frequency is revealed properly.
The linear relationship of space-time/frequency is curved.
The distributed relationship of quantum resonance is curved.
Remember we are dealing with a universe that is electric from "end to end".
There is no "empty space".
Therefore the curved constants mean that Spherical Geometry is one of the Five Dimensions of Quantum Constants.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:39 am

The effect of gravity and electromagnetic forces is that it's a field where the power is inversely proportional with the distance. Gravity packs matter in its various forms together closer to the source. It makes the density of gases surrounding a planet denser towards the surface than farther away, because matter has structure and/or dynamic tendencies, which are affected by that force. (The reason for gravity isn't more "occult" than the reason for magnetism - it is a force acted and felt between particles/matter. Electromagnetic reasons for gravity may apply).

What confuses me a little, is that people here are advocating space not as empty and at the same time not a physical object. That's a paradox, because if it is not empty and has structure, then it consists of something - like a physical object. Like water or air. To me, it seems like thinking of spacetime as the literal structure of the universe, is misinterpreted as how thinned out matter (gas) behaves. See paradox illustration as well.
curved_spacetime_paradox.gif
Rather, if spacetime is a term, which it really is, more a mathematical one, then it can be used to calculate things - such as modeling the structure of a force field. But this doesn't mean that nature literally is shaped like this. It doesn't necessarily mean that spacetime has a physical structure.

A waterfall appears like it does, because particles are accelerated. One doesn't have to view it as moving linearly through curved spacetime. And even the way the spacetime structure is modeled close to the surface, it's not contrasted enough to explain gravitational curvature as linear movements through curved spacetime structure (at least not as I see it). I.e. the units 10 meter above the surface wouldn't be very different than the units 1 meter above the surface.
curved_spacetime_section.gif
I'm viewing space as what's left, when all matter/particles are removed. And space is probably more a term, than existing, since everything we observe still is matter in some form. I could also visualize that if space was thinned out matter, you'd get heavier objects by packing it together - but that is still speculative. If space is almost empty, one really needs to pack a lot of it together in order to shape a noticeable object of mass - in which case spacetime is warped to an extreme extend. If the "sheet" is packed together in one area (causing gravitational acceleration), it will be stretch the structural units farther away (causing slowdown) - is this taken into account as well? Do we observe these variations around astral bodies?

I'm stating again: why isn't curved space necessary to explain magnetism? Curved space was hypothesized to explain why also (mass less) photons were affected by gravity. If they were attributed with the lowest unit of mass, curved space wouldn't be hypothesized.
Last edited by Siggy_G on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siggy_G

Unread post by Siggy_G » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 am

earl: I like your overview and explanations - they almost convince me about spacetime theory being true :) But there are still paradoxes, and I withhold the view that curved spacetime still is a mathematical term/view and not to be interpreted literally, as a structure nature follows. Same goes for time itself (read below).

Total Science: interesting views on philosophy related to space. Apparently, even matter isn't as dense as our senses imply. I'll provide a separate post on that. (Also, read below)

junglelord: interesting views on space and energy vibrations. New field that needs a further read up on. But remember that *time* is a human term and is a measure of sequences and duration, that can't be physically counter controlled. It's our way of sorting events or snapshots along a visual and theoretical line. Clocks are just uniformly ticking boxes which we count the ticks on. You can't change the scale or shape of nature by bending your metric ruler, but you may change your theoretical or projected image of nature by doing this. You can distort a photo, a representation of nature, but you're not literally changing nature. You can rewind and fast foward your taped video film (which is a displayed series of images, and not really time related either), but it doesn't change nature itself. It's perfectly possible to ponder what theoretically happened if the "clock was turned backwards" and view the line of snapshots in reverse order. It doesn't mean it's practically possible. This distinction seems incomprehensible and unacceptable in the speculative field of math and physics.