Anthony Perratt's plasma cosmology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

edcrater

Anthony Perratt's plasma cosmology

Unread post by edcrater » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:22 am

Anthony Perratt's plasma cosmology (or 'buckshot theory')

I refer to:
TPOD Mar 05, 2007 Orion Stellar Nursery (as repeated from Jun 02, 2005)
[[unattributed]]
and extract the following:

""Similar electrical processes form planets. Because plasma is complex, there are several possible mechanisms for electrical planet formation. Any one (or even all) may be at work.
a. The solaria binaria concept of Alfred de Grazia and Earl Milton has planets form along a plasma bridge between a star and a companion star. This theory predicts the recent discovery of a plasma bridge stretching between the red giant star Mira and its white dwarf companion.
b. Wallace Thornhill’s theory has planets ejected electrically in the equatorial plane of the star and moons ejected in a similar manner from the equatorial plane of gas giants. (Our own moon, which doesn’t orbit in the equatorial plane, was captured.)
c. Anthony Peratt has planets form in polar-aligned groups of 7 to 9 along the second current filament that parallels the filament in which the star forms. In the lab, matter is concentrated into spheres at the center of toruses that are stacked along the  axis of the filament.  The spheres remain in polar alignment as long as the discharge is active, and then they scatter “like buckshot” when it quenches.""

I can find all the information I need for (a) and (b).

But (c) appears to be a problem in that regard.

I have googled various combinations of the text of (c) - nothing.
I have visited the LANL page and opened up all likely areas - nothing.
I have examined Michael Gmirkin's "links encyclopaedia" on the Forum for likely contenders - much of great interest, but not specifically the "buckshot theory".

This is frustrating, because (c) is one of the 3 contenders for new understanding of the universe, and because it is so specific. Obviously the result of a repeatable lab test.

Can anyone help me with a link and/or opinions for this?

junglelord

Re: Anthony Perratt's plasma cosmology

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 am

Anthony Peratt has planets form in polar-aligned groups of 7 to 9 along the second current filament that parallels the filament in which the star forms. In the lab, matter is concentrated into spheres at the center of toruses that are stacked along the axis of the filament. The spheres remain in polar alignment as long as the discharge is active, and then they scatter “like buckshot” when it quenches.""
Thats very insightful.
The numerical harmonics of plasma. 7 and 9.
This I can explain myself.
Check out my thread Casting Out Nines.

That also graphicly describes the APM quantum model in plasma macro relationships.
Sphere in a Toroid.
Wonderful.

Neither Alton or Plasmatic could tell you why.
My shadow boxers. Fighting the nines.
:lol:
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:02 am

Neither Alton or Plasmatic could tell you why.
My shadow boxers. Fighting the nines.
JL arent you like 50 ? I mean this puerile behaviour is getting old. And now your recycling my phrases.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Excellent catch EdC. You jogged all sorts of previously read material and connections. For your consideration:

The quote is from the TPOD "Orion Stellar Nursery" with no particular author attribution as stated. Interestingly, from TPOD "The "Iron Sun" Debate (4)" it is stated:
According to Hannes Alfvén and other pioneers of plasma cosmology, a stellar system gives way to gravity only after the star is formed and as the plasma pinch subsides. In this view it is not correct to look to gravity as the cause of star formation. It is also normal for a number of stars to be formed along the axis of the plasma pinch and subsequently scatter "like buckshot" following the collapse of the pinch. Planets are generally not formed at this stage. We should expect that stars formed in this manner would, as a group, tend to have their rotational axes aligned along the direction of the galactic magnetic field.

The “Electric Universe” model of stars takes the role of the electric force further, suggesting that evolving star systems move through phases of electrical instability before achieving the equilibrium that marks our own solar system today. Stellar companions and gas giant planets are "born"—ejected—fully formed from a star before it achieves electrical balance with its new environment.
No particular author attribution there either. However, the scattering "like buckshot" appears to reference a stellar dynamic occuring along the axis of of the plasma pinch "following the collapse of the pinch". Another such reference occurs at "Twinkle, twinkle electric star
An electric star is formed by the equivalent of a lightning bolt in a molecular (plasma) cloud. Just like earthly lightning, cosmic lightning scavenges, squeezes and heats matter along the discharge channel. Where the squeeze is most intense, the current may ‘pinch off’ to give the effect of ‘bead lightning.’ In high-energy plasma lab discharges researchers have found that hot plasma ‘beads’ (known as plasmoids) form along the discharge axis before “scattering like buckshot” when the discharge quenches.
Here the "buckshot" terminology apparently occurs in relaton to lab experiments and the 'dispersal' of Z-pinch produced plasmoids.

The "buckshot" quote may be a quote; of a quote, i.e. Anthony Peratt and subsequents quoting Hannes Alfven.

To your specific question. I've searched to find the origin of this quote to no avial. I have printed copies of several of Peratt's papers. This sounds interestingly like a version or continuation of something Hannes Alfven has put forth. Two papers might be of interest:

"Model of the Plasma Universe"

"On the Cosmogony of the Solar System" pg 10-11.

Pay particular attention to information related to the graphical representation of Saturn's ring system on those pages.

What is interesting is that although the above TPOD quotes reference stellar formation via Z-pinch the statment "planets form in polar-aligned groups of 7 to 9 along the second current filament that parallels the filament in which the star forms" caught my eye. Compare, in the Alfven material, the Saturnian ring system then consider the solar planetary system.

It is my consideration that the moon Io is still in it's formative process. Compare this NASA image of the Jupiter/Io. When Voyager passed close enough "An electric current of 5 million amperes was detected in the flux tube that flows between Jupiter and Io," - Jupiter's Magnetosphere

Saturn and it's ring system appear to posess strong characteristic similarities to the Sun and it's planetary system. The "secondary current filament" between Jupiter and it's moon Io probably strikes Io "parallel" to the currents that may connect Jupiter to the Sun. The point is, if it's a working dynamic for Jupiter and Io; the scalability of electro-plasma dynamics makes it highly probable that the same may have occured in relation to the Sun and it's planetary system.

Taken in consideration also, with the "Magnetic portals" connecting Sun and Earth electrically, and the electromagnetic "ropes" from the THEMIS mission that certainly paints an intersting "alternative" electromagnetic cosmogony of the solar system strikes me as beyond probable.

I'm partial of couse.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am

Solar wrote:
What is interesting is that although the above TPOD quotes reference stellar formation via Z-pinch the statment "planets form in polar-aligned groups of 7 to 9 along the second current filament that parallels the filament in which the star forms" caught my eye.
Thanks, Solar. Great stuff, and it will take me a while to digest. But one quick point regarding your point above. The essence of this is, to me, that it seems to allow star formation and planet formation to occur AT THE SAME TIME! The stars form in the central filament, and the planets form in the parallel filament, and then they all scatter on collapse. If that is the mechanism, it sounds like 'pot-luck' as to which star gets which planets.

I'm away to study the links.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:36 pm

~
Image review of [Birkeland] current to Pinch to globule evolution in lab:

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/index.php

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm

The structures development and the numerical patterns of plasma are a source of Key Wisdom.
Structure and Numerical Function cannot be seperated. Infact it is the Paradigm upon which true Knowledge exists.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Because plasma is complex, there are several possible mechanisms for electrical planet formation.
-edcrater

What is plasma? Charged particle?
What is charge?

What is electrical?
Physicist: This is a pen

Mathematician: It's pi*r2*h

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:21 pm

Edcrater,

Is this closer to the visual representation of current to pinch to toroid to spawn (fractal) of toroid (planetary) you may have been imaging ?:

Blow up inset on screensaver, etc.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=625s
:?:

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:12 am

I'll try and respond to both your posts in 1 reply if I can [experimenting here!]
seasmith wrote: Is this closer to the visual representation of current to pinch to toroid to spawn (fractal) of toroid (planetary) you may have been imaging ?:
Re the Landsat picture, this seems to be a classic case of "vortex shedding", which is purely mechanical in nature, and not plasma behaviour. One well-known case is those that come off an aircraft wingtip, and which dictates closeness of spacing in the landing circuit. I don't think this is the same as the plasma case, but see below.
seasmith wrote:~
Image review of [Birkeland] current to Pinch to globule evolution in lab:
Yes: this shows the parallel currents, and shows how matter would 'separate' out. However, this must happen not at "one cross-section" but at several, to get the string of "7-9 polar-aligned planets" longitudinally along the current axis. {"like beads on a wire"} It's the first time I've seen a parallel/cylindrical currents pic. This is clearly electrically driven rather than mechanical. Do you think it is possible for one [or all] of the outer currents to quench, and not disturb the central current?

[Thanks. Great pix.]

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:27 pm

~
Edcrater wrote:
...seems to be a classic case of "vortex shedding", which is purely mechanical in nature, and not plasma behaviour...
Of course all the images are 2D, subferior to the 3/4D actuality, as as that is the inherent nature of screen graphics. [They are only imagination aids]
Untill we accomplish holographic transmissions in 'real' time, that's what we have to work with.

The 7-9-Fibonacci fractality would come with the electricality, imo.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Seasmith,
It's a good job I've not had a smoke as that image could have seriously spooked me. Any chance of a bit of warning next time? What the hell is it anyway?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 pm

GC,

I will forward/pm you the email with the image set, et cet.

cheeer,
s

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:58 pm

seasmith wrote:GC,

I will forward/pm you the email with the image set, et cet.

cheeer,
s
I'll be sleeping with the light on until it arrives.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:16 pm

From a past discussion with Dwardu I understand the "buckshot" to have arisen in a private conversation based on a lab observation. It involves some of the differing perspectives amongst folks. I dont think youll find much on it.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle