The EM Universe

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

CharlesChandler

Re: The EM Universe

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

GaryN wrote:Crab pulsar beams most energetic gamma rays ever detected from a pulsar
I have a simpler solution -- nuclear fusion in a toroidal plasmoid (a.k.a., a "natural tokamak"). A star moving rapidly along the magnetic lines of force in the center of a galaxy will have its rotation accelerated, due to the Lorentz force. The following diagram shows the relationship of a quasar to its host elliptical galaxy.

http://qdl.scs-inc.us/2ndParty/Images/C ... it_wbg.png

If it gets rotating fast enough, the star transforms into a toroidal plasmoid, like in a tokamak, except that the plasma is confined merely by its own magnetic fields. So in the following diagram of a tokamak, if that was a quasar, there wouldn't be any poloidal field, and the toroidal field would be just from the motion of the plasma itself, as it rotated around the center of the quasar.

http://qdl.scs-inc.us/2ndParty/Images/C ... ak_wbg.png

Still the plasma is moving within the external magnetic field, so it spins as it rotates. This is important in tokamaks, since it's the spinning that creates the extra oomph for particles to collide vigorously enough to fuse.

So the whole star is moving rapidly along the axis of an elliptical galaxy, which happens to make the motion parallel to the B-field lines of the galaxy. Charged particles rotate in a circle as the star travels, fast enough to generate their own fields, so they get pinched into a toroid. And the particles rotate with an extra spin, causing particle collisions, and thus nuclear fusion. The gamma rays are from the fusion.

The mainstream can't get there, because they believe that fusion can only be caused by gravitational pressure. As such, the overlying matter pressing down on the fusion furnace should absorb all of the gamma rays, and there shouldn't be any gamma ray point sources in space -- all of the photons should get scattered. But if that's a toroidal plasmoid, it isn't gravitational confinement that is causing the fusion -- it's magnetic confinement, and magnetic fields don't shield gamma rays. So we're seeing inside a nuclear fusion reactor when we spot gamma ray sources.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:29 am

Charles' tokamak is a better solution also from the x-ray evidence of the Crab's internal structure.
Magnetic field toroids will not absorb or scatter the gamma radiation, rather may produce or magnify it.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

More than a hundred models of gamma-ray bursts (GRBs), including soft gamma repeaters (SGRs), have been published

http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/490 ... .text.html

No shortage of ideas, and I haven't read all the document, but if I'm going to hang myself, it may as well be from a very different type of tree, so I am going to stay with the pinch initiated phenomena for all the energetic outpourings, and the structures associated with them. My model begins with what I don't think anyone else considers, and that is the vacuum, or the aether, as a non-linear optical medium.
At lower energies, then x-rays can produce the gamma energies with the inverse Compton scattering, though pinches, as in lightning, can produce gamma rays by themselves, so I'd think the larger pinches could too. The non-linear medium allows for the optical rectification for the strong electric fields and thus the strong magnetic fields.
One proposal for the pulsar emissions is the inner gap sparking, though there are different versions of that too.
Three Modes of Pulsar Inner Gap
dsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1997ApJ...478..313Z
So they are looking to the vacuum spark, but I'd have the pinch, which would itself have a vacuum spark gap within magnetic filament, at the centre of these larger editions.
The tokomak has not been very successful as of yet due to the plasma instabilities that can defeat the whole process, so I don't know why the instabilities would not occur at far higher energies. The torus to me is one of the structures that the dipole antenna (the pinch is the centre of the antenna) naturally creates, and the particle acceleration methods are fairly well studied, including the limitations due to there having to be two directions of acceleration, whereas the linear accelerator on has one. The wakefield accelerator, especially the magneto-pulsed version is the big kid on the block as far as that goes.
Also, the non-linear optical medium may account for, and even greatly diminsh the actual energy output of what they are seeing, as they (I think) base the output on the supposed distance to these objects, and on the strength of the emissions needed for the 'light' to be able to reach us at the energies detected, while a non-linear medium allows for almost infinite travel of the energy by way of processes that only occur in that non-linear optical medium.

Anyway, amother couple of puzzles from the boffins:
Astronomers Capture Fresh Dust in Supernova 1987A Remnant
“Today we know dust can be created in several ways, but in the early Universe most of it must have come from supernovae. We finally have direct evidence to support that theory.”
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/scien ... 01663.html

Ballokes. Must have come from a supernova? We are seeing matter formed here by way of EM forces, or rather from opto-electrical processes if the vacuum is indeed a nonlinear medium, as the pinch is probably experiencing a little hicup in its supply line.

Red dwarf has surprising magnetic field
Surprisingly, instead of the complex structure the researchers were expecting to find, they discovered a magnetic system as straightforward as that of the Earth or of a bar magnet. This discovery challenges our understanding of how the magnetic fields of the Sun and other stars are formed.
http://www2.cnrs.fr/en/412.htm

Gee, ever consider the red dwarf may just be a planet,and that all the other Suns they think they see may just be planets too?

Yes, a good job there is a Mad Ideas section on TB. ;-)
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:23 pm

GaryN wrote:At lower energies, then x-rays can produce the gamma energies with the inverse Compton scattering, though pinches, as in lightning, can produce gamma rays by themselves, so I'd think the larger pinches could too.
Inverse Compton scattering can increase the frequency of photons, but it's inefficient, and it greatly exasperates the problem if the topic is gamma ray point sources, since we'd be seeing just the component that got scattered in our direction. So rather than a smaller amount of energy at the source, which somehow got focused in our direction by some sort of lighthouse beacon, you're saying that way, way more energy got released and scattered. I think that the spectrum would be different if the gamma rays resulted from inverse Compton scattering (i.e., the gamma rays would be weaker), but the bigger problem is the total amount of energy needed.

Terrestrial gamma ray bursts are associated with lightning, but lag behind the arc discharge by several milliseconds. So it isn't the pinched current that causes the gamma rays.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:08 pm

but the bigger problem is the total amount of energy needed.
If the light is not travelling by way of the photon, with its known fall-off rate, then the energy requirements are not neccessarily that great. Nobody on any of the 'expert' forums even made an attempt to show my how Mars, let alone Uranus, could be naked eye visible from Earth, based on angular diameter and reflectance models, so there is a mechanism that allows some EM energy, likely from the Mars UV or x-ray emissions traveling by way of the self focusing, self-healing beams that our atmosphere then makes visible to us. The optically non-linear vacuum allows for such processes. But, even if photons were travelling through the vacuum, I don't think we need to question as to if sufficient amounts of energy are available, as such levels may even be piddling in the bigger picture.
Terrestrial gamma ray bursts are associated with lightning, but lag behind the arc discharge by several milliseconds. So it isn't the pinched current that causes the gamma rays.
Perhaps it is a Delbrück scattering type of thing, and the number if re-emissions before they hit the detector accounts for the delay? I'm on some very thin ice here though, so these are just speculations.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Gary,

Your avatar is the reason for my own discovery. You have a picture of an "evolved star" up there. That is the Earth itself. Earth is an evolved star. I am wondering if you have noticed this? That single picture is the reason for everything I am doing and have done for that past 2+ years.

Concerning the global magnetic fields of red dwarfs, yes, they become global further along their evolution when the material of the star becomes fully convective a.k.a. the star starts building a core to convect against, thus making the field global.

Concerning the hundreds of mechanisms to "explain" pulsars, we must first realize what they actually ARE. I think they are embryonic galaxies. They are galactic seeds. They are not stars at all. Thus the "pulsar" term is misplaced.

The mechanisms that keep "pulsars" doing what they are doing are mutually exclusive of the mechanisms of keeping stars doing what they are doing. A pulsar is vastly more energetic than a star, and is a stage in the evolution of a galaxy itself. In other words, a star's material COMES FROM a pulsar. The pulsar IS the spot for "matter creation". Study those, and you will understand much more than establishment dogma could EVER teach.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Gary,

Here is what an embryonic galaxy sounds like if the pulses were audible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEVo-LkDrQ

These are NOT STARS as per establishment dogma. Simply put, stars don't do this! It should have been obvious, but apparently it has evaded their collective intelligence which is no surprise. Common sense evades these people all the time because of their education. Their education is getting in the way of their learning.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 am

Concerning the hundreds of mechanisms to "explain" pulsars, we must first realize what they actually ARE. I think they are embryonic galaxies. They are galactic seeds. They are not stars at all. Thus the "pulsar" term is misplaced.
Complete nonsense!!! Seeds, embryonic!! A pulsing object and the term "pulsar" is misplaced???!! Complete lack of logic or understanding of the words. :?

Jeffrey, you used up over 100pages asserting that suns were planets, and came up with no logical or empirical proof to support the bald assertions and demeaning stance you were making. So now you bring your insults and nonsense here.??!! :roll:
Common sense evades these people all the time
You have made it quite obvious that you do not know what "common sense" means!!! And you evade giving your definition of it! :roll: If you had a nit of critical thinking, you would see that there is no common sense, when it comes to cosmology! ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 am

JeffreyW wrote:Concerning the global magnetic fields of red dwarfs, yes, they become global further along their evolution when the material of the star becomes fully convective a.k.a. the star starts building a core to convect against, thus making the field global.
How does convection, which is upward or downward, and would presumably radiate in all directions, generate a toroidal magnetic field on a global scale? That's a part of the mainstream model of stellar/planetary dynamos that I just don't get, especially since the matter is supposedly net neutral, and shouldn't generate a B-field anyway (toroidal or otherwise).
JeffreyW wrote:Concerning the hundreds of mechanisms to "explain" pulsars, we must first realize what they actually ARE. I think they are embryonic galaxies. They are galactic seeds.
The bipolar jets from pulsars are not evidence of the creation of matter, any more than the (sometimes observable) accretion discs feeding into the pulsars are evidence of the destruction of matter -- the two put together constitute a confirmation of the conservation of matter. Stuff comes in on the equatorial plane, and comes back out at the poles. Nothing is created or destroyed.
JeffreyW wrote:The mechanisms that keep "pulsars" doing what they are doing are mutually exclusive of the mechanisms of keeping stars doing what they are doing.
I agree that there is a difference in kind between pulsars (and related objects, such as the so-called black holes, neutron stars, quasars, BL Lac objects, and white dwarfs) versus main sequence stars. That's why I have two star models (i.e., the charged double-layer model for main sequence stars, and the toroidal plasmoid model for the exotic stars). Two different models are necessary, because the properties are so different, and what gives a main sequence star the ability to shine consistently, with its extremely weak magnetic field, is mutually exclusive with the physics necessary for generating gamma rays, not to mention in pulses. But that doesn't mean that pulsars are manufacturing matter, nor does that answer the questions anyway.

And Sparky is right -- don't bandstand on this thread. If you can introduce evidence, then do so. But I seriously doubt that Gary will tolerate anybody trying to turn this thread into a filibuster for an unsubstantiated point of view.

Volcanoes

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Jeffrey,
Firstly I am wondering if your stars are formed by the conventional gravitation collapse method? If so, then that would be the killer as far as I am concerned. It is a rediculous idea.
When I first saw the mature Sun graphic it suggested to me the spherical magnetic microwave confinment shells that I think are the better option for attaining fusion. That the Tokomak became the money sucking, long term jobs-for-the-boys boondogle it has is unfortunate, as I don't think it will ever work.
The magnetic shell confinement model does have its own problems, but I think given the resources that the Tokomak has reveived, we may have been a lot closer than they are with the Tokomak to sustainable fusion.
Proposal for Research: Spherical Microwave Confinement
http://billrobinsonmusic.com/Documents/ ... 6Dec29.pdf
So in my model there are multiple shells, each able to confine ever more energitic states, allowing at some point the protons/neutrons constituting the heavier ions to be squeezed together, perhaps resonantly, with iron in the inner shell.
With the Sun, the layers are going to be thinner, perhaps very much thinner than the graphic suggests, and at the centre of the Sun, in my model, is a Null, the No-Thing, from which all things arise. It's true nature is I believe, explained in the esoteric writings of the Kabbalah, and the Sun, and other true Sun-like events (99.9999% of what they think are stars are not) is the interface between the metaphysical and physical realms.
So the Sun is not a thing, but is surrounded by things it has created and shaped, and planets, moons, and all the odd regular or irregular shaped objects, which defy any gravitational formation method, are created in plasma streams, either in the torii or the curving plasma filaments that reach out away from the torii, what the astronomers identify as galactic arms. The iron layer of the Sun could I suppose be used to say the Sun is a thing, has physical properties, but I think if the central engine were to quit, that layer would disperse, as its confinement would be lost. Perhaps the largest CMEs are not from the pinches produced in the 'surface' magnetic filaments, but from the bursting of the confinement shells, in which case the mega-scale CMEs would be predominantly, energy wise, from the iron ions, and would explain the large 'splats', the patches of iron oxide that exist on the surace of many solar system planets and moons.
The creation method of all the rocky bodies(silicon-dioxide as the primary material) is by Coulomb crystal formation, and concidentally, what they see as the temperature of new stars being born in these arms is the temperature at which the spherical Coulomb crystal seems to dominate. The process can produce the shapes of oblects such as Pan too, which gravity, IMO, can not.
Aside
There are millions of strangely shaped objects out there, and not too far away, some of which SOFIA actually resolved, but which they will not show us. SOFIA is being defunded I believe, a great shame, but I think it was showing a very different picture than the one we have come to accept about the contents of the solar system. The contractor handling the data is under no obligation to release any of those images or data, and won't I'll bet.
/Aside
I always like to see people exercising their imaginations Jeffrey, it is a gift that, as far as we know, is special to the human mind, and we should not let it go to waste. However, we do need to keep a grounding in the reality of the physical world, and I am trying to build a model that utilises known and demonstrated principles where ever possible, and I think that we can use all the presently available experiments and research along with some of the science we already use in our daily lives, to build a model that does not rely on, to me, impossible things like gravitational collapse, neutron stars, etc.
You say you have been at this for 2 years, it has been about 6 now for me, and I have learned much along the way, so even if my imagination is wrong, all is not lost. I haven't found anything yet that would blow my theory totally out of the water, and I think I am being honest with myself in my assesment of the ideas, but hope I retain enough mental flexibility that I can gracefully accept a new model as and when science and experiment show the weaknesses in my own.

On a different note, and I think this may have already been mentioned in the forums, I was looking at the video on this site and wondering if the thin threads could be what the leader before a lightning stroke is. His HV device is current limited, good safety idea, but with lightning, the big capacitor in the sky is going to use that channel to discharge. Anyway, I think come the winter I'm going to have to build a unit along those lines, as I'm wondering what more current and perhaps some modulation or pulsing would do.

Threadlike streams of "Electric wind": 1998 W. Beaty
http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/airthred.html

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTLVAuvT7e4

You may want to see his other videos first, especially the aether and logic vids.. ;)

Disinti points out that humans get it wrong before they get it right! ;)
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Random gratuitous obsvs on "PULSARS":
n the region immediately surrounding the Crab pulsar, there is enough energy to produce pairs of electrons and positrons, which flow outward into the surrounding gas. This total flow is the pulsar wind, a plasma (an electrically neutral substance consisting of separate positive and negative charges) that moves very close to the speed of light.

Close to the pulsar, most of the energy in the pulsar wind is in the form of electromagnetic energy from the pulsar itself. Further out, the energy is mostly in the form of the kinetic energy of the fast-moving plasma particles. How this transition occurs is not completely clear; in particular, it’s difficult to square with the 2011 observations of intensely energetic gamma ray pulses.
"... pairs of electrons and positrons…".

(called "excitons" at the microscopic scale)

"... consisting of separate positive and negative charges…"

Well are they "pairs', or are they "separate" ?
The electrons and positrons driving the pulsar wind are generated in the region around the light cylinder of the Crab pulsar. The energy present in the light cylinder of a pulsar comes from its intense electromagnetic fields, which carry away rotational energy from the neutron star.
What’s a light cylinder?
A light cylinder exists for anything that rotates. It contains the volume within a distance that relates the speed of rotation to the speed of light. At the edge of the light cylinder, an object would have to move at the speed of light to maintain an orbit that keeps it over the same location on the rotating body.
The Aharonian-Bogovalov-Khangulyan model, published in Nature on Feb. 15, argues that the electron-positron plasma cannot be moving very rapidly close to the pulsar, since too much of the energy there is electromagnetic. But the plasma’s kinetic energy increases rapidly as it’s accelerated away. The pulsar is emitting gamma rays, as mentioned previously; those photons collide with the electrons, transferring energy and momentum in a process known as inverse Compton scattering. This speeds up the wind. By the time the wind has reached a distance roughly 30 times the radius of the light cylinder, the energy balance shifts so that almost all of the energy is in the wind, with acceleration occurring very rapidly in a narrow region.
Classic confusion between mass-charge and rotation-oscillation…

http://www.wired.com/2012/02/crab-nebul ... eleration/

The beating heart of the Crab Nebula isn’t fully understood, but the ripples in the nebula’s gas cloud seem to be caused by shock waves from the twisting of the neutron star’s magnetic field, says astrophysicist and communicator Katie Mack. Mack collaborated with educator Scott Lewis to produce the amazing GIF above (made using an animation by the Chandra X-Ray observatory team) and a video explaining the physics behind it.

Pulsars output so much energy that the Crab Nebula is classified as a “pulsar wind nebula,” where radiation slams in the gas surrounding the dead star, making the beautiful shock fronts. The environment around the pulsar gets violent enough that the stellar weather can change in a matter of days, not centuries or even millennia like other cosmic events.
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/crab-neb ... dead-star/

Pretty active for something so "dead".

Having looked at thousands of nebulae and pulsar pics, and never having been to even one, it just seems to me that they got the "beating" part right; and will have to go half-way with Jeffrey on this opine.
Nebulae appear to be a sort of death/rebirth event,
Charge Recycling on a truly Galactic Scale.
~

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 am

GaryN wrote: ‎The pinch, IMO, is only the initiator of a process that allows for the 'tapping into' of the Vacuum energies. That's where the real power comes from. Known to the ancients as a magnetic light, or the light of creation. This is the basics of the ONLY ;) model of the Sun that can explain the magnitudes of the energies emanated by the Sun, but, heat and visible light are NOT emitted by our, or any other Sun!
!!!!!!!!

;)
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:04 am

'tapping into' of the Vacuum energies.
It appears that there are many levels that Vacuum energy can be expressed. I think that any movement of charges distorts the field enough to release a bit. Sudden spikes will "tear" the field to allow a large quantity to be expressed.

I just watched the first H bomb story. The thing produced 3X what they thought! All explained as an ignorance of the breakdown of part of the H case. There must be a huge amount of Vacuum energy expressed during an H bomb detonation.

Our largest bomb was 15Mton. Russia set off a 50M ton ! And that was scaled back from 100Mton by the designer. :roll:

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:42 am

Hi seasmith, that 'video' may look convincing at first glance, but to me it is downright ingenuous on their part. 7 frames over an extended time period can not be used to infer the motion of their shock wave travelling through the material around the event. What is that material still doing there anyway if the 'explosion' was so great, it should have blown it all away?
The event is obviously still occuring, it isn't dead, as the flux tube is still there both in the animation and in other images that, though maybe artistic impressions, show a truer picture, IMO, of what is going on, such as this one:
http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2002/0052/flyby_2.jpg
This would be a continuum, and the main torus or current ring is present all the time, while within the volume of the larger torus there could be other flux tubes (the torus is just a flux tube 'eating its own tail, the Ouroboros that was the flux tubes visible around the Earth when the Suns energy increased in the unsettled times) and those other flux tubes may develop or brighten as conditions change. So they have created a movie, making sure to chose a a frame rate that appears to show a shock wave travelling outwards, and with our proclivity to see motion as outwards because we are told everything is shockwaves, our minds assist in the illusion. The bright arc segments that they see as the shockwave fronts I see as an changes in curving radiation emissions from those flux tubes.
Similarly with what I see as the spiraling-in, conical flux tubes tapering down to the pinch, the acceleration is more linear, but still curving as it spirals, and the emissions are not from a jet of material being blown out.
This is similar to the M87 jet animation, low frame count, long time period, and at one wavelength, and they put together a movie that gave the impression of outflow. To their credit, they did say they wanted to do a better observation at other wavelengths to confirm the motion, but I don't see that it has been done yet.

Hi Solar, maybe I'm misinterpreting your intention, but my 'light' of creation can not be thought of as like the Sunlight that illuminates our world. Maybe the Kabbalah has a word for it, though I think the originating emanations were called spirit rather than light.
“The Sun is a source of energy, life and warmth. The origin of life, the essence of the holy Kabbalah, the source of all spirituality is in the Sun. It is the fountain of light and a visible representation of spirit in action. The Sun is the eye of God, and the eyes are the windows of our soul. Therefore, you can connect with the soul of God through the Sun.”
http://www.awarenessmag.com/marapr1/MA1_KABBALAH.HTML