Analysis: Super Nova in the Making - SN 2014J in Messier 82

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

justcurious

Analysis: Super Nova in the Making - SN 2014J in Messier 82

Unread post by justcurious » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:17 am

Greetings,

These moments are rare. There is a Supernova going on right now.
It is named SN 2014J and it is in the Messier 82 Galaxy, commonly known as the "Cigar Galaxy" or M82.
It was just noticed a day or two, it is expected to reach its peak brightness in two weeks although some believe it may be at its peak right now.

According to the scientific establishment, Supernovae are dying stars that explode.
This particular one has been categorized as a type Ia supernova: that is an exploding white dwarf in a close binary system. One supposed peculiarity of this SN is that it is not forming near the core of the galaxy, but rather near the edge. It's on one of the edges of the galactic arms. I have been reading lately that magnetic fields tend to be concentrated on one of the edges of spiral galaxy arms. If there's magnetism, then there must be electricity. The Nordic tradition in plasma cosmology (ie Hannes Alfven) teaches that the galactic arms .

The M82 galaxy is apparently known for producing lots of stars, and supposedly its distorted spiral shape is due to a nearby Galaxy M81. Both are part of the "M81 Group" of galaxies. In astronomical scales, this supernova is just around the corner at a mere 12 million light years away.

If I'm not mistaken, the EU view on supernovae is something along the lines of... the magnetic pinch/instability cuts off the electric transmission line, provoking a kind of galactic arc'ing or double layer explosion due to the pent up inductance (inductive energy). I personally subscribe to this line of reasoning. It will be interesting to analyse the data. Specifically, I will be comparing X-Ray images of the area before and during the event (Chandra), comparing with other sources, some spectral analysis, and so on. I hope many others can also contribute to this thread. I have been learning that it's apparently difficult to get satellite or telescope data for particular dates (ie analyse evolution), and that the amateur community is relied upon somewhat. Only problem is, they only have visible light telescopes.

Here is a before and after snapshot of M82 with and without the supernova from an amateur, it's just amazing how bright these things are, they really outshine their host galaxies.

Here is the Cigar Galaxy as usually seen in high grade images:

Sparky

Re: Analysis: Super Nova in the Making - SN 2014J in Messier

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 am

:?
teaches that the galactic arms .
:? ,,,what? :?

Before and after images would be nice... :?

I see a blinking star. Do you think the dust or brightness is hiding that star?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:12 am

Sparky wrote:Before and after images would be nice... :?

I see a blinking star. Do you think the dust or brightness is hiding that star?
Justcurious did just that. The blinking is caused by the rapid and repeated change from the before to the after image superimposed on each other.
It is almost certainly a supernova in the galaxy M82. The other possibility, that it is a foreground star in our own galaxy, seems unlikely.

justcurious

Unread post by justcurious » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:36 am

It's definitely a supernova.

Same "blinking" image found here:
http://www.universetoday.com/108386/bri ... ar-galaxy/

There is already a wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_2014J

The M82 galaxy is very active with x-rays and radio waves, this should be an interesting analysis from a EU perspective. M82 is also connected or influenced by nearby galaxy M81 which produced a supernova about 40 years ago.