Memories Passed down in DNA

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

electrodogg1

Memories Passed down in DNA

Unread post by electrodogg1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 am

I saw this article on a facebook group I am in.

http://www.sciencegymnasium.com/2014/01 ... s-may.html

This may validate Velikovsky's Collective Unconscious, or Racial Memory.

David
Best,

David

tholden

Re: Memories Passed down in DNA

Unread post by tholden » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:51 pm

This is precisely the claim which Danny Vendramini is making with his concept of TEEM theory:

http://thesecondevolution.com

Troy and I have major problems with Vendramini's claim of predation by Neanderthals forcing gracile hominids into a fast process of evolution into humans. I personally have no such problem with the idea of TEEM theory. In fact you'd expect a creator to provide creatures with such a means of passing information about danger on to future generations.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:49 pm

http://www.sciencegymnasium.com/2014/01 ... s-may.html
“Such a phenomenon may contribute to the etiology and potential intergenerational transmission of risk for neuropsychiatric disorders such as phobias, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder.”

There are are other studies of mice with similar results.
As I have written before here, the question is what effects has past cataclysms had on humanity, and I guess other creatures too. Our DNA has expression of various genes, but much of this production of various proteins has been altered by the traumatic experiences of our ancestors. Actually healing from these effects will require some pretty nifty psychotherapy.
Cheers,
Mo

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 am

Actually healing from these effects will require some pretty nifty psychotherapy.
Or some effort to distance ones self from the various superstitions and illogical constructs we have accepted. We can modify our genes! ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

We can modify our genes!
Sparky

Not trying to be smart, but do you have something in mind to achieve this ?
Cheers,
Mo

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Sorry, I thought that you may have heard rumors of the latest findings, epigenetics. :?

Food, clean environment, cognitive conditioning, and lots of luck!... :D

http://www.livescience.com/37135-dna-ep ... earch.html
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Spektralscavenger

Unread post by Spektralscavenger » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am

tholden wrote:This is precisely the claim which Danny Vendramini is making with his concept of TEEM theory:

http://thesecondevolution.com

Troy and I have major problems with Vendramini's claim of predation by Neanderthals forcing gracile hominids into a fast process of evolution into humans. I personally have no such problem with the idea of TEEM theory. In fact you'd expect a creator to provide creatures with such a means of passing information about danger on to future generations.
Good god, rather you´d expect Great Spirit to create a world without dangers, predators, catastrophes in the first place :evil:

http://www.maverickscience.com/racial-memory.pdf

An organism is programmed with great flexibility and capacity to mirror local information, that´s the only way to survive and reproduce in more or less hostile and unpredictable environments. Anticipate every contingency is impossible but some "advices" can make the difference between life and death, g.e., if feel a sudden electric disturbance (incoming storm, earthquake, volcano,...), run!! :arrow: Life as a plant is so easy :?

The atrophia and hypertrophia of organs and behaviour patterns is continually going on according to the needs (or "needs"): play poker 6 hours a day and all the parts involved are reinforced, live in the dark and the eyes atrophy. Are these "little things" inherited? In a statistical sense I think yes, they are: strong biceps or poker ability are not inherited but some facility to build up strong biceps or some tendency to work biceps passes down. That´s in one generation, it can be accumulative over many generations or "water down".

Chemical, electrical (morphic fields all over again?) or electro-chemical communication parents-offspring is another way to kind of inherit beneficial traits. Though strictly speaking is nurture. Kind of. Well. Like Erasmus Darwin stated due to the imperfection of language it is said that the offspring is a new individual being that it is a part or prolongation of the parent/s. New generations don´t have to start from scratch even if the behaviours of yesterday are obsolete today, needless to say, help the progeny is advantageous.

I am still skeptical on the EU idea of plasma discharges producing automatic adaptation because like I said anticipate every contingency is impossible, no matter how "superintelligent" or "superprophet" you are. Cosmic thunderbolts simply hyperaccelerate the rate of biological change, the resultant forms may work out or not (not in vain they are associated to great extinctions). Reminds me the "mutations" of science fiction, g.e., bitten by a radioactive spider ;)

PS: Speak of living beings as if were bags of genes is like speak of a productive farm as if were a wood structure.

skelpitheid

Unread post by skelpitheid » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:29 pm

I guess this all depends on what DNA double helixes represent, what their function is. Given the structure, they are electrical.

Do they transmit environmental data to the next generation? Acquired tolerance? Does this give the next generation an advantage?

I don't think we have scratched the surface of the electrical nature of our biology.