Asteroids

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Maol

Re: Origin of the asteroids belt and the Kuiper belt(s)

Unread post by Maol » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 pm

More likely is because they are beyond the frost line agglomeration of ices with dust is possible and asteroid formation is the result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frost_line_(astrophysics)

dahlenaz

Novelty device demonstrates EDM

Unread post by dahlenaz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 pm

A person with interest in my experiments contacted me with suggestions
and observations which my be of interest to this group i hope you all look closely
at his suggestion which i've heard suggested elsewhere, and consider his observations
which could advance the EDM process applied to comets... His suggestion of
a way to introduce the EDM process in the form of a novelty, which has already
been made, might be a simple and effective way to educate the masses.

It appears that the EDM effects are quite obvious and well worth
investigation for whatever it might do to help in the presentations ideas
on the subject of comets and other surface scarring

Here is a portion of his message describing what he has observed i will let him
expand on it further,,, d...z

" What i had in mind came from seeing a plasma sphere lamp at spencer's gifts
that used a peace sign inside it to discharge the plasma and noticed the metal surface
was pitting. Made me wonder if it were possible to make cometary plasma ball lamps,
like a combo of an automated solar system and plasma ball." N H

nhansen68

Re: Novelty device demonstrates EDM

Unread post by nhansen68 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:42 pm

I am the unmentioned inquisitor above. New to the forum but not the site, I am curious to get input on how a cometary model on a limited, terrestrial scale, in a plasma sphere environment could work. On a research level, I'd even think we could generate electric arc milling remnants and test for chemical compositions and structures and compare to findings of the probes. Commercially, i think the visual of a planet-comet electric discharge in a desk lamp would be intriguing to customers and thought provoking to young minds. Any help on how to get started or to come on to existing work as an assistant would be welcomed.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 am

The difficulty would be a sustained discharge, at a smaller scale the miniature asteroid would discharge much quicker then an actual asteroid. But maybe for 1 time demonstration it could work.

Maybe something like this could be tried during the SAFIRE project.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 am

There is one factor you mention which i think needs highlighting.

Wal Thornhill has emphasised that one condition for a comet or planet to become stressed
electrically is the "highly"eliptical orbit, and as this is applied to comets
they are also transitioning from one region of charge into another..
It is this second factor which seems to be a substantial challenge at small scale.
So i am wondering how important is that second factor since, if i understand correctly,
there are some asteroids that orbit the sun which display tails.. Maybe just the highly
eliptical factor can get the job done... Sweeping an object through a discharger at the edge
of the globe was suggested by Nathen and that does not sound too difficult towards setting up
the second condition...I've also heard that inserting a probe in an electrical environmnt
to measure conditions deep within is faced with some unique insulation
challenges to consider here as well...

With that said, i am at the extent of my familiarity or comprehension of how these electrical
interactions can develop so, please, ,, someone chime in for clarity..

Experiments done by a forum participant, Plasmatic MnemoHistory, were accomplished
with very simple devices,, an ionizer and a screw driver, and i hope he joins in with more
details. d...z

nhansen68

Unread post by nhansen68 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 am

My first thought was on construction and "seeing what shows up" and tweaking. If we create the highly elliptical orbit with something to discharge or recharge the object in aphelion the idea would be to create some kind of arcing as it approaches perihelion. If we could create a high speed orbit to closer replicate cometary motion, you could get more cycles and potentially see the pitting involved. If we could create enough stress to actually produce a tail, that would be ideal, from a modelling point of view.

Max Photon

Asteroid P/2013 P5 -- An asteroid with six comet-like tails

Unread post by Max Photon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 pm

The Hubble telescope has spotted an asteroid radiating six comet-like tails, making it resemble a "rotating lawn sprinkler".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24857869

pfff pfff pfff pfff pfff ....
www.maxphoton.com
Lighten Up!

Max Photon

Asteroid P/2013 P5 -- link with photos

Unread post by Max Photon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Here is another link about Asteroid P/2013 P5:

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles ... escope.htm

The images are amazing.

One image -- an illustration I believe -- looks stunningly similar to the radially-spoked planet Venus in David Talbott's Symbols of an Alien Sky.
www.maxphoton.com
Lighten Up!

StefanR

Re: Asteroid P/2013 P5 -- An asteroid with six comet-like ta

Unread post by StefanR » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Oh dear, oh dear. So they are still going strong with that stuff?
Reminds me of this one:
On December 11, 2010, an otherwise nondescript asteroid named Scheila brightened suddenly. In addition, the asteroid showed evidence of plume-like jets of gas emanating from its surface. It was almost as if this asteroid was transforming itself into a comet. Comets and asteroids are two separate categories of objects, of course: comets are huge interplanetary snowballs, while asteroids are giant rocks hurtling through space. But we know now that some asteroids apparently have substantial pockets of ice and other volatile materials below the surface, and in rare instances this material can become exposed and blow off the surface when heated by the sun. To see if this was happening, astronomers trained the Ultraviolet and Optical Telescope (UVOT) aboard the Swift spacecraft observatory at Scheila, and, a few days later, the cameras on the Hubble Space Telescope. The UVOT image of Scheila is shown above. The image of the comet was overexposed to reveal faint dust plumes in the optical and UV image. A spectrum of the asteroid obtained by the UVOT showed no evidence of water, indicating that the ejected material was not due to exposed water ice. The combined Hubble and Swift observations show that the December 11 brightening was most probably due to an 11,000 mile per hour collision between a small asteroid and Scheila. Images of craters on asteroids give mute testimony to the occurrence of ancient collisions; this is the first time such a young collision has been seen in near real-time. A deeper impact?
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/objec ... swift.html
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =60#p51491

Maybe the astronomers should meet a cat o'nine tails, but as you state in your signature Max....
Lighten up!
So it seems they will be spared again.... :roll:
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

GatsbyGlen

Unread post by GatsbyGlen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Is there an EU explanation for it?

Rossim

Asteroid Found with SIX Tails... Seriously?

Unread post by Rossim » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Spotted originally by PANSTARRS and now imaged by the Hubble, an asteroid has been viewed with 6 tails. How can current theory still hold up? I've tried speaking with professors of my University several weeks ago and was given the same response by several faculty members, that there was nothing wrong with the current theory so no reason to investigate other views. How would you approach them with the recent info?

http://www.space.com/23506-asteroid-six ... hotos.html

kell1990

Unread post by kell1990 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm

GatsbyGlen wrote:Is there an EU explanation for it?

This video may help explain it.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2013/11 ... pace-news/

If the asteroid is charged like a capacitor and is moving into a region influenced by the electromagnetic force, then that could account for the discharges coming from the asteroid. The changing direction of the multiple "tails" could be caused by changes in the flow of the electromagnetic field through which asteroid is moving.

justcurious

Re: Asteroid Found with SIX Tails... Seriously?

Unread post by justcurious » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:50 pm

They'll say they're volcanoes LOL

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:47 pm

wow! :!:

Mikael_Joe

Re: Asteroid Found with SIX Tails... Seriously?

Unread post by Mikael_Joe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Here's the science release from the hubble site

http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/heic1320/