The Neanderthal/Human Non Relation

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tholden

The Neanderthal/Human Non Relation

Unread post by tholden » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 pm

jmcw

Re: The Neanderthal/Human Non Relation

Unread post by jmcw » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

have read that morphologically (skeleton / bones/ skull) of neanderthal most resembles/ similar to down syndrome humans

that what we are looking at is not a branch of evolution but rather 100% homo sapiens with down syndrome and their burial sites are not fellow neanderthals burying each other, but rather their non down syndrome human relatives burying their down syndrome and loved relatives = children/ brothers & sisters etc

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Ted, what do you think of Lloyd Pye's contention that Nethanderthals and 2 other hominid 'human ancestral' species are still here on Earth in the wilds? Like you, he doesn't think they are related to humans. Although I don't agree with his Sitchin-esque ideas about our origins, I did find this part of his theory logical and well-argued.
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

tayga wrote:Ted, what do you think of Lloyd Pye's contention that Nethanderthals and 2 other hominid 'human ancestral' species are still here on Earth in the wilds? Like you, he doesn't think they are related to humans. Although I don't agree with his Sitchin-esque ideas about our origins, I did find this part of his theory logical and well-argued.

You're seeing that one exactly the same way I do, basically I tell people to watch Pye's video up to the point where he starts talking about Sitchin and the "annunaki" and then turn it off. He's totaly right in thinking that hominids are native to this earth but that humans could not be.

He's also right in claiming that something like 65% of the planet's land area is seen only from the air and that hominids could plausibly still be out there although I'd have to see one in a cage before I told anybody I believe the idea altogether.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm

jmcw wrote:have read that morphologically (skeleton / bones/ skull) of neanderthal most resembles/ similar to down syndrome humans that what we are looking at is not a branch of evolution but rather 100% homo sapiens with down syndrome ...
Danny Vendramini's latest Neanderthal Reconstruction (which I believe to be accurate):

Somehow or other, that doesn't look exactly like a case of Down syndrome to me....