Why humans lost their fur coats.....

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Beata-at-home

Re: Why humans lost their fur coats.....

Unread post by Beata-at-home » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Evolution can't happen. Mutations always produce less information than begun with. Man probably never had fur, or excessive body hair. God gave us clothing because we have something to hide. We wear clothing because we are sinful, not because we don't have fur. You might ask, "Couldn't we have started wearing clothing when our fur fell off?" But we are the only creatures that wear clothing. We are not the only ones without fur, and not the only ones that get cold. Ever wonder why that is? We are the only creatures that do......We have something to hide. We have a guilty conscious. Plus we get cold. Plus, we like to dress up and impress, or just fit in. It is good for us. Oh, well, you might get my point.

Cave men: People can live simplistically if they suddenly leave one place and become pioneers in a new land, with very few belongings, no industry, everything they need to use, they have to make. Think about it next time you go camping.

Evolution of predators/prey: Had to "evolve" simultaneously, or neither would survive. You understand the predator's need for food (prey) to survive, but the prey, without a predator, would overpopulate and also eventually starve.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 am

Beata-at-home wrote:God gave us clothing because we have something to hide. We wear clothing because we are sinful, not because we don't have fur.
Oh, please. . . This sort of religious pap really needs to be checked at the door, as it has no relevance nor place in this forum or the EU model in general.
It's all about perception.

oz93666

Unread post by oz93666 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 am

The zoologist and ethnologist Desmond Morris dealt with this question in his book ' The Naked Ape' , I remember reading it when I was about 16 and it had a profound impact on me.
Being a zoologist he looked at humans as being just another ape , but, he noticed,an ape with a number of differences that set them apart, the most notable was that they had lost their hair (hence the title of his book). Also the males had large penises , larger than any other ape , or mammal ( in relation to body weight) , and the females had two large fleshy nodules on the front of their bodies , designed to excite the male sexually, these nodules,were he concluded , developed when humans changed from mating 'dogy style ' to the missionary position, the male being used to seeing the females buttocks , now he viewed two breasts which mimicked the buttocks.
Morris concluded we had lost our fur (and had the other two differences) for GREATER SENSUALITY.
44 years older and a bit wiser , I still believe this is the reason for these differences, but while believing that evolution does occur, I think these changes were genetically engineered into us by a race of ET s

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:14 pm

:shock: I thought "doggy" was the "missionary's" preference... :? ;) :oops:
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

oz93666

Unread post by oz93666 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Sparky wrote::shock: I thought "doggy" was the "missionary's" preference... :? ;) :oops:
Just checked ..... I quote Wikipedia......'missionary position or man-on-top position is a sex position usually denoting the act in which a woman lies on her back and a man lies on top of her while they face each other and engage in sexual intercourse....
Morris suggests the reason humans change to this position had to do with bonding , when experiencing sexual pleasure the couple were looking at one another s faces , so associated pleasure with the partners face so bonded more powerfully , very important to keep the couple together over the many years needed to bring up children ,another curious anomaly , how many years does it take to set your kids up to be independent 16 , 20 years!!! extordinary in the extreme!