Quantavolution,Solaria Binaria,Homo Schizoid,Bicameral Mind

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Divinity

Re: Quantavolution,Solaria Binaria,Homo Schizoid,Bicameral Mind

Unread post by Divinity » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 am

Grey Cloud wrote: Divinity,
Just read the article at:
http://www.greylodge.org/occultreview/g ... olelec.htm
An interesting historical overview, though I'm not quite sure what the purpose of it was.
"The nature of electricity itself was singled out by both Blavatsky and the Tibetan as a key component of the knowledge assimilated at the higher initiations..."

http://www.makara.us/04mtempler/latencytoexpression.htm

GC, please note...Blavatsky's knowledge was never going to be used for the 'highest good or betterment of mankind'. It was to feed the Elite and their initiates. In other words, they intended to use it against Natural Law, for their own gain. Theosophists at the top - no different to every other group of occultists - were looking, not to feed the world, but to become Superhuman (or Gods). And it is still what they're looking for!

Did you not wonder why National Security are interested in the EU theory? Anyone with any power on Earth has historically searched for the keys to become God-like, i.e. eternal, able to transform matter at will and ultimately control universal energy and others. What they are still not getting is that you do not obtain the keys to the '7th Sense' as I call it, if your heart isn't in the right place BECAUSE of the nature of the Living Universe.

Divinity

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:08 pm

I will explain why my quotes from Blavatsky are relevant to this thread here and right at the end.
Grey Cloud wrote: Big of you to say so, old boy. Would you care to share the 'universal truth' with us mere mortals on this forum? Knowledge of electricity, in its modern guise, had been around for a hundred years or more. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_electricity for a brief and simple synopsis.
Frankly, I would have thought that one versed in the universal truth would have known this already..

The common consensus is that Electricity is still not understood. Isn’t that one of the reasons we are here on this forum?

“What is electricity? This question is impossible to answer because the word "Electricity" has several contradictory meanings. These different meanings are incompatible, and the contradictions confuse everyone. If you don't understand electricity, you're not alone. Even teachers, engineers, and scientists have a hard time grasping the concept”
Obviously "electricity" cannot be several different things at the same time. Unfortunately we have defined the word Electricity in a crazy way. Because the word "electricity" lacks a distinct meaning, we can never pin down the nature of electricity.
http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/miscon/whatis.html

Do people understand yet that Energy = Information? No they do not because nobody ever educated them about it, probably because until now, nobody knew. How are we doing for over 4,000 years of seeking, going within and finding nothing out of nothing?

GC, do you really understand yet that the Universe is actually holistic in nature and that Love is the primevil force?

Here is Theosophy dictating to us the cyclic nature of all existence:

However, the esoteric doctrine maintains that there is yet another highly significant cause of universal manifestation, one of particular relevance to esoteric astrology. This cause is referred to as the Law of Periodicity, which posits the cyclic nature of all existence. In Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine this notion appears as the second fundamental proposition, which states that The Law of Periodicity is absolutely universal, with numberless universes incessantly manifesting on the boundless plane of eternity (SD v.1, 16, 17).

Within the text of The Secret Doctrine, The Stanzas of Dzyan also repeatedly refer to the cyclic nature of creation, which the stanzas depict as rhythmic acts of creation and dissolution undertaken by the one great Parent (SD v. 1, 27, 28 – 30). A Treatise on Cosmic Fire reaffirms this principle, stating that the Law of Periodicity governs all manifestation at all levels (CF 5, 6). This view of creation as passing through alternating phases of death and renewal is echoed by all the systems of classical Indian philosophy, which collectively accept the existence of an eternal cycle constituted of vast periods of creation, maintenance, and dissolution (Bernard, Hindu Philosophy, 5).

Divinity wrote:It's fair to say most scientists, inventors, literary and spiritual people were Theosophists during the turn of the Century. Combined, these very powerful people at the top of most Western pyramids created an occult environment which was both informative AND dangerous. They combined ether science beliefs with magik, mysticism and many Eastern philosophies...it was a lethal mix which went on to have DRAMATIC effects on all global societies, and even today, is highly influencial in many fields.
Grey Cloud wrote:That first sentence is nonsense. Can you in any way, shape or form back up this claim? And I do not mean by naming a few Britons and Americans; I would expect to see French, Belgian, German, Italian, Swedish etc., etc.
The second sentence is yet another baseless assertion on your part. What 'occult environment'? Why or how was it both 'informative and dangerous'?

Yes. See the chart at the link below and it explains it all:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/masonic.htm

Yes…see the undermentioned

http://www.durham.net/~cedar/famous.html
Famous Freemasons

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Versluis.html

The history of the Harmony Society is documented extensively in the series of large volumes edited by Karl Arndt, and there we find overwhelming evidence of how important Christian esotericism was for the Rapps. But we should begin by considering the ambience in Württemberg, Germany, from which the Harmonists emigrated in 1803-1804. To say that a rigid church orthodoxy reigned in Rapp's day is an understatement. If the Lutheran church to which Jacob Böhme (1575-1624) belonged was hostile to his mysticism in the early seventeenth century, even more hostile to mysticism was the Lutheran ambience in which Rapp lived a century and a half later. The records of the Iptingen Kirchenkonvent (Church Council), collected and published by Arndt, show the kind of conditions that finally drove the Harmonists to leave Germany and come to Pennsylvania, etc. etc. etc..

…As the research of Frances Yates and of Christopher McIntosh has made clear, Rosicrucian treatises fired the imagination of Europeans because they offered a nonsectarian vision of universalist philanthropy as well as, especially in Rosicrucianism's later forms, a complex cosmology that entailed the union of spiritual and secular sciences. This unified cosmology in turn was reflected in a widespread interest in alchemy, which was not simply a search for metallurgical transmutations like that of lead into gold, but a comprehensive union of practical and spiritual aims expressed in written and illustrated form through complex veiled symbols and arcane language.

Scroll down to the end of this article to see the books referenced, most of them European based.

Grey Cloud wrote: The second sentence is yet another baseless assertion on your part. What 'occult environment'? Why or how was it both 'informative and dangerous'?

The third and final sentence is yet another one of your melodramatic statements which do not stand up to a moment's scrutiny. The subjects 'science', 'magic' (or 'magick'), 'mysticism' and 'philosophy' (Eastern or otherwise) are not mutually exclusive in any way. Nor are they in any way intrinsically bad, evil or nefarious, whether studied singularly or in combination. I myself study all of these and several other subjects but have not as yet been invited to become a member of some cabal with ambitions of world-domination and do not feel the least bit inclined to start my own.
Please see these links to see the extent of Theosophical influence throughout the world. The problem is that Theosophy had so many bases covered under so many guises with so much superb public relations that if you DID study each one individually, you would never see the linkage between them all. As I said, see the chart here:

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Reviews/borella-review.htm

Review of The Sense of the Supernatural and The Secret of the Christian Way

http://www.endtime-truth.com/articles1.html

"The Kabbalah - the REAL Origin of the Trinity Doctrine."
Pastor K. Kirkland Valdez Apostolic Church, Valdez, Alaska

Theosophical Perspectives on World Spiritual Traditions
General Religion and Mythology , Ancient Mediterranean, Ancient Europe, Christianity, European Philosophers and Mystics, Mideast, Asia, Native American, Africa, and Australasia.

http://www.grailbooks.org/InnerChristianity.htm
Theosophy: The Mystical Inner Teachings of Christianity

…Theosophy has a long history; it is the gnostic or inner history of Christianity, and includes such extraordinary figures as Clement of Alexandria, Dionysius the Areopagite, John Scotus Erigena, Meister Eckhart, Johannes Tauler, Jakob Böhme, and Franz von Baader, to name only the most luminary. Modern theosophy began with Böhme in the early seventeenth century, who represents an astonishing synthesis of the currents of European esotericism into a new revelation that has not been fully mapped even today. After Böhme came many gnostics, both men and women, too numerous to name them all here.

…Theosophy therefore is more an orientation toward spiritual experience than anything else, and this is why there is a continuity in the tradition even though theosophers are each unique in emphasis. Some are drawn to Kabbalism, others to scientific inquiry, still others are ascetics, and still others are married and have a family. But none emphasize outward religious observance at the expense of inwardness. Rather, theosophers in general suggest adherence to whatever outward religious community is natural, be it Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox, for what matters is one’s inner awareness and commitment to self-transcendence, not outward adherence to belief or social forms.

Links between Theosophy and Freemasonry:

http://www.anandgholap.net/Hidden_Life_ ... ry-CWL.htm

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/wor ... l-selc.htm

The Hidden Life in Freemasonry by
C. W. Leadbeater 33°

(2 Major Powers - Creation of America AND Russia????)

Already dominating the political affairs of Europe, the Masonic Order had made significant progress in the United States by the late 1700s. In fact, many of this country's political founding fathers were Masons.

Freemasonry experienced tremendous growth during the nineteenth century, particularly during the second half of the century when Freemasonry flourished as never before.

In addition to founding the Theosophical Society, Freemasonry participated in the rise and spread of Christian Science and Unitarianism; and Masons Rutherford and Russell founded the Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is only logical to conclude that if Freemasonry founded the Soviet Union, it must still be the power in charge, pulling the strings from behind the scenes. But what could have been the reasoning behind Freemasonry's creation of such a ruthless dictatorial power? The answer — If the role of the United States was to lead us into the New World Order then Russia's role, being no less important, was to apply the pressure that would make it all possible.

This site reflects the Global influence of Theosophy:

Eastern Christian Mysticism and the Western Mystery Tradition
http://members.aol.com/theloego/books/eastern.html

http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/Reviews/borella-review.htm

Review of The Sense of the Supernatural and The Secret of the Christian Way

http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&i ... t#PPA17,M1

Theosophia: Hidden Dimensions of Christianity

Grey Cloud wrote: The third and final sentence is yet another one of your melodramatic statements which do not stand up to a moment's scrutiny. The subjects 'science', 'magic' (or 'magick'), 'mysticism' and 'philosophy' (Eastern or otherwise) are not mutually exclusive in any way. Nor are they in any way intrinsically bad, evil or nefarious, whether studied singularly or in combination. I myself study all of these and several other subjects but have not as yet been invited to become a member of some cabal with ambitions of world-domination and do not feel the least bit inclined to start my own.

I suspect I am asking in vain, but would it be at all possible to furnish any evidence of why it was a lethal mix; how it went on to have DRAMATIC effects; and how and where exactly this influence is still to be found today?.
Theosophy proves to you how mutually exclusive these subjects are because they did exactly that...put them together.
Grey Cloud wrote: I have not yet had time to read the article by Goodrick-Clarke from which you quote. However, the last sentence: "Then, with a quick reference to modern science, she recalls that all cerebration and brain-activity are accompanied by electrical phenomena, thus suggesting that human intelligence correlates to electricity..." appears incorrect in regard to Blavatsky's views. One thing Blavatsky was not was a materialist; she would not have taken electrical activity in the brain as correlating to human intelligence. Intelligence comes from the mind which transmits it to the brain (the receiver). Your man is closer to the mark in defining what the Theosophists understand Fohat to be.

Fohat is a Tibetan term for the energic or motion aspect of the Supreme Spirit. It is usually considered in its metaphysical aspect, which is rather difficult to understand; therefore, side by side with the metaphysical, the ethical and practical-application aspect should also be understood.
‘Intelligence comes from the Mind?’….how does that work exactly? Our brain is constructed to interract with the Universe as a receiver and a transmitter, as is our DNA. The external Universe has purpose and its purpose relates to the exchange of Information.
Grey Cloud wrote:Fohat: Theosophy Occultism Mysticism Dictionary on Fohat
By G. de Purucker, compiled by Geoffrey Barborka

Fohat

An extremely mystical term used in the occultism of Tibet for what in Sanskrit is called daiviprakriti, which means "divine nature" or "primordial nature," and which also can be called "primordial light." In one sense of the word fohat may be considered as almost identical ....etc.
Fohat, The Great Transformer? Yes, it just reinforces my point that all this is above materialism; it’s about the attempt to use Electricity during initiation to transform a Man into a God! When she stumbled on Electricity as the etheric energy, and combined it with the Ancient texts, she thought, along with many others, that the God-Man would be possible to achieve.

http://www.teosofia.com/Mumbai/7208fohat.html

This will transform man into a god, enabling him not only to enjoy Nirvanic peace and bliss, but also to use his energy on all planes to elevate his fellow pilgrims and relieve their suffering. Thus, to propel life from the unmanifested to manifestation, from the atom to man and man to god, is the work of Fohat, the great Transformer, at first through natural impulse and then through the self-conscious effort of man.
Divinity wrote: Societies: members become 'keepers of the secrets', they're elitist, they hold the lost, hidden keys to universal truths, they hold science in high esteem, they practice esotericism, occultism, luciferianism, satanism, paganism and even Catholocism (!), but there WAS AND IS STILL an ingredient missing!
Grey Cloud wrote: Back to more of your own sensationalist nonsense. Firstly, one wonders just how secret these Secret Societies are when you appear to know so much about them. Secondly not all members of such societies become 'keepers of the secrets. Although I have some sympathy for your view that they are elitist, ultimately I must disagree, if only because you lump together so many different types of groups or societies. I will come back elitism shortly.
Can you enlighten us as to why esotericism and occultism are to be frowned upon? Or paganism? Or even Satanism, Luciferianism and Catholicism?
I have knowledge of these Societies because, as you SUGGESTED, in order to find, one has to spend years seeking. The above-mentioned chart gives the extent of the influence on global politics, religions and cultures.

Perhaps you might ask yourself why you resist this information so vehemently?

Correct, only the senior members of these Societies hold the ‘secrets’ because invariably the rules are coded – only those who understand what is written will understand the ethos behind each sect. The junior/new members would read the rituals/ceremonial texts in one way. Freemasonry, the RAOB, etc., are classics….the juniors believe they are worshipping God yet the seniors know they bow to a different god…BAAL.

I’m not sure how you can disagree about the elitism, considering most of the U.S. Presidents are from this background, as are most of the Captains of Industry/Heads of State and Royalty in Europe.

All these ‘isms’ are frowned upon because they are all inaccurate in their teachings about God, the Universe, plus they’re deliberately perverted to control people’s minds (and to encourage the worship of false gods and entities).

Grey Cloud wrote: You appear uncertain as to whether these 'keys to universal truths' are lost or hidden. I would argue that they are neither lost nor hidden as each individual carries them inside his- or herself (the kingdom of God is within for example). Where the elitism comes into play is that each individual has to discover the keys for theirself. This, in essence, is what a Seeker is. The seeking requires dedication and application over many years. The vast majority of people are not prepared to put in the work and prefer to be told what to do and think (Casting pearls before swine). You yourself provide a good example of this in that you give the impression that you are waiting for some benign extra-terrestrials to come and save us.

No, I am not looking for a Saviour. Mankind never needed to be saved because it’s Eternal. He just needs to remember that he is more than able to have a successful relationship with his God/Universe (which is not within).

After 4,000 years of seeking, did anyone discover anything accurate about our living, universal, God? And if they did, did they share it with the masses or did they simply pervert it and use it against humanity?

Theosophy’s ultimate message is ‘God is within You’ and ‘You are going back to the One’ (classic New Age movement philosophy too).

The truth, IMO, is that God is Everywhere (within and without) and that when you invite God into you, you become more God-like - more harmonious, coherent and loving (i.e. God comes to YOU). This, in itself, is magic but not the Philosophers Stone anticipated by occultists/alchemists.

We may be part of The One and we may be connected but we are not returning to the Source…the point of existence is to experience as individual facets of God and to create anew, every day, as co-Creators with God.

The reason I am posting all of this is to explain to you that the top echelons of Theosophy knew this! And saved it for themselves.

Quoting re: Fohat:

Every form of life is made up of a certain grade of matter expressing a certain degree of intelligence or consciousness, and the connecting link between the two is the vital force of Fohat. It links spirit and matter, subject to object, as explained in the First Fundamental Proposition of The Secret Doctrine. It is the "bridge" by which the Eternal Thought in the Eternal Mind is objectivized as univeral Nature. The process is from within without.

"Fohat is the steed and thought is the rider." Not only does it serve, like the steed, as a means of transportation from one place to another, from one plane to another, but it also has the power to change and transform that which was subjective into the objective, that which was noumenal into the phenomenal. Thus, an ideal image in the mind of man may be reproduced as a concrete form.

Send the masses in the opposite direction WHILE YOU PERFECT WHAT YOU NEED TO PERFECT (your Godliness)! It’s the same with every single control mechanism created by humans.

This is why Theosophy is relevant on this thread and it’s why we need the Electric Universe to break from theory into fact. Because Evidence of God is all around us. All we need to do now is understand our interraction with it, to maximise our and Its creations. Nature doesn’t speak English, as Bushman said. We have to learn a whole new language.

“When you go into the space of nothingness, everything becomes known.”
The Buddha

How does that work? How do you produce something out of nothing? Junglelord, don't answer that, hahahaha!

I prefer Femto to Buddha or Socrates:

"Accept your station or embrace the mysteries. The “golden thread” has been kept alive for a very long time now. Approx 4000/7000 years ago, "gods" arrived into the hearts and minds of humanity. A few humans knew that it could not be the way it appeared. It was not that there was no "God" but that the interpretation of "God" was not as they where told by the faithful. (The golden thread are the seekers who knew that everything they had ever heard about God was wrong)".
:D :D :D
Last edited by bboyer on Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed block quotes

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Divinity,
Although I find your interpretation of what is and is not 'natural' somewhat naiive and simplistic, I will agree with you insofar as I believe that some ways of doing things are better than others.
For example,
" In fact, almost everything humans do today is ‘unnatural’ as I see it". While I agree with the general sentiment here expressed, I would say that what we humans are doing at the present is entirely acceptable to Nature (or whatever one wishes to call the ultimate arbiter of things). My personal researches and studies in Greek philosophy, Alchemy, Toltec, Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Sufism, Neoplatonism, Hermetism, Qabala and more, combined with a lot of contemplation has convinced me that there is no judgement being made on humanity. Indeed, a lot of the material I read says that the only thing doing any judging is we humans and we should not be, whether it is ourselves or others that we judge.
The philosophical reasoning behind this view is that everything is part of The One (or The All), therefore ultimately judgement involves one part of The One judging another part of The One. A related part of this is that everything that has been, everything that is, and everything that will be, has existed (in potentio) since before the moment of creation. The One 'thought' everything through - each and every variable, contingency and permutation - prior to the creative act.
There is also the question of free will. Up until about half an hour ago I would have said that we humans are exercising our free will but in the wrong manner or direction. However, it has just occurred to me that, on the contrary, we are not exercising our free will but are being directed or influenced by the heavens or the stars or Nature. (This may well be another instance of amanesis, I shall have to contemplate upon it).
This is what the Yugas are about (pre-ordained behaviour) and I will have more to say about them below. If we were to exercise our free will perhaps we could change or negate the effects of kali yuga (or dwapari if one subscribes to the view of Sri Yukteshwar).
"This leads me to believe that whatever changed man’s consciousness also changed nature…and the ‘Law of the Jungle’ kicked in".
I would rearrange this sentence to say that Nature changed our consciousness (and the consciousness of the rest of the natural world) and that if we were to exercise our free will then we could kick out the 'Law of the Jungle' if we so willed. This would not be going against Nature or acting unnaturally but would be us demonstrating that we have actually learned something and had advanced to some extent in the right direction.
"I believe we can easily progress left and right braincapabilities, merge science with spirituality and enhance nature in harmony".
Steady, you are taking us dangerously close to being on-topic here.
The brain is of little or no importance - it is merely a transceiver. It is the mind which dictates what the brain (and the rest of the body) does and does not do. Our physical body is merely our Earth-suit; it changes to suit (no pun intended) our environment or our physical needs within a given physical environment. The planet itself is merely the physical form taken by that consciousness which we call Gaia among other things. We have no need to merge science with spirituality, or any thing with any other thing. The differences are purely artificial and arbitrary, and for the most part, of modern origin.
"Sacred Geometry is the language of God. This is why the language we use is important, psychologically. Circles/cycles are not Spirals and it's important to see the difference between man-made creations and natural ones".
These three sentences do not follow on from each other. Language is essentially vibration so yes it is important. This includes written language and thought and is one of the reasons why the world is in so much of a mess. We are constantly putting out vibrations (like a broadcast storm on a computer network). And everything is cause and effect so we are all sending and receiving and driving each other nuts.
Cycles are not spirals but neither are the two mutually exclusive. Also I'm not sure what part spirals have in the context of this dialogue.
"If there was no need to grow crops, no need for reproductive (fertility) rituals, and, indeed, no death to worry about, during the Golden Age, why would we need cycles?"
Did the planets not go around the Sun; did not the solar system go around the galaxy? Did not the nut and berry producing flora go from seed, to shoot, to plant, to fruit, to seed? The Sun has its sunspot cycle, would it be unreasonable to assume that Saturn (as per the Saturn theory) might also have had something similar or analogous? Our 'need' for cycles is irrelevant, either the Universe uses them or it doesn't, all we can do is identify them. While we are on this subject, Plato in Timaeus states that there are lots of cycles pertaining to the movement of the stars that we totally unaware of generally speaking.
Also it is worth bearing in mind that these cycles do not just affect humanity, all life on Earth feels their effects.
A passing thought: If the Earth once had a stable climate (as per the Saturn theory), how did birds learn to fly south for the Winter?
"Cycles, to me, suggests entropy. In my mind, the Universe originates all from vortices (spirals)".
Entropy is one of those scientific words which mean absolutely nothing to me. I would be willing to hear an explantion of how it relates to cycles. The second sentence, once again, has no apparent relation to the first and in any case does not affect the existence or otherwise
of cycles.
"How arrogant of Man to assume that just because He adopts 'cycles', so does His Universe? Bear in mind there are 7bn humans out there who believe the Universe is random and chaotic. Everything stems from that understanding. This is why the EU theory is so vital - there is no chaos, no incoherence, no uncertainty principle, no black holes and no End".
See my comments above re the solar system moving around the galaxy etc. Might I suggest that you are the one who is displaying arrogance by implying that you are somehow superior to those who do not share your views and instead believe in the chaos etc? In any case, there
are nowhere near 7bn humans who believe in a random Universe. There are over 1bn Indians who don't; over 1bn Chinese who don't; over 1bn Muslims who don't. Or as percentages of world population:
Christians 33%
Muslims 19.6%
Hindus 13.4%
Buddhists 5.9%
Plus Jains, Shintoists, Sikhs, Jews etc. That is without counting the people like me who do not subscribe to any religion.
Figures sourced from
http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm

Again, your comment about EU theory being so vital has no bearing on the preceding sentences. And, as far as I am aware, none of the originators of EU theory have made any explicit claims about the origin of the Universe. Perhaps someone more familiar with EU could
comment upon this? I agree that there is no chaos etc but that is nothing to do with EU theory - my conviction is entirely independent of what I get from the EU.

Which brings us to cycles and Yugas.
The wiki article you linked is to is largely drivel and frankly I'm surprised that it has escaped the notice of the wiki thought-police as among other things it mentions Walter Cruttenden (a favourite of our Lizzie).
Yet again you are denying the existence of cycles but are using them to bolster your argument. You cannot cherry-pick the Golden Age and ignore the Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages. Ditto with Satya Yuga and Treta, Dwapari and Kali Yugas.
Also if you notice, the yugas are not of equal length - just like the spirals of a vortex are not of equal diameter.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:55 pm

And, as far as I am aware, none of the originators of EU theory have made any explicit claims about the origin of the Universe. Perhaps someone more familiar with EU could
comment upon this? Grey Cloud

Galaxies were formed by big Birkeland currents pinching into
'knots' and a galaxy would form in a knot. So - logically -
the universe started with a Birkeland current.

Do galaxies that are formed in such a 'knot' stay in the electrical
knot, or do they break away from the knot, or does the power
entering the knot fall away ? This is vey important to EU as the
galaxy in the electrical knot is dominated by electricity, whereas
the 'free' galaxy could be dominated by gravity.
Mo

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:35 am

Moses wrote
Galaxies were formed by big Birkeland currents pinching into
'knots' and a galaxy would form in a knot. So - logically -
the universe started with a Birkeland current.
Thanks Moses. This begs the questions of where did the Birkland current come from, where was the Birkland current currenting and whre did the ionised gas/plasma/whatever, upon which the Birkland current was doing its thing, come from?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 am

I hope I am not misquoting or misunderstanding Junglelord but I was there witnessing his amazing revelations the night he 'discovered' non-material structures (and structure/function) and shared that information here, on-line. I was so excited by his discoveries, I watched every word he wrote and believe his theory that (I put this very simplistically) creation starts from a non-material structure, from there the energy/information transforms that into a vortex, then into a geometric shape and unique atomic structure. This scales up or down, whatever the size, purpose or information being 'fed' into that creation.

GC I never claimed the originators of the EU shared my thoughts or have ever intimated it was as important as I believe it to be. They are very careful with their claims and I respect their role to make the theory acceptable to their peers. All I am doing, which you consider arrogant, is sharing my belief about the future importance of it to all aspects of our culture. From Lizzie's posts, I believe we both share the vision of a glorious future for mankind and the EU theory lies at the core of that vision. I appreciate that some will see this as delusional wishful thinking. But every dream has to start from a thought or desire (or a non-material structure :D ).

Presently, we have 54% of the population who are Christians or Muslims and another 16% who are atheists.
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
The remainder may believe in a living Universe but has it helped them? i.e. is their world a better place? For sure, Christian Scientists DO seem to benefit from their religion because they know the mind-body-spirit is connected and their thoughts about themselves affect them directly. I am not so sure about other religions' practical applications for the betterment of mankind, are you?

I am sorry if you believe I'm generally off-topic but the main point of my post above is to highlight the suppression of humanity by an elite sector who have managed to maintain the status quo right across the board. How else do you explain the retarded development of our global society? And how else are we to evolve unless we first see things as they are and then correct them?

With regard to the origin of the Universe, if it's Eternal, there can be no origin or end. :D LOL! It's ok..no need to comment on that but I'd be interested to see what the originators of the APM or EU theories believe.

I will address your issues, GC, separately later. Thanks.

Divinity

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:22 am

Grey Cloud said: “The second sentence is yet another baseless assertion on your part. What 'occult environment'? Why or how was it both 'informative and dangerous'?”
The Ultimate Elements
http://www.cocoonnutrition.org/catalog/ ... er_min.php
As I was discussing this subject with an 80 year old semi-retired master chemist, he presented me with an incredibly generous gift – the early chemist’s bible – the book first published in 1895 entitled ‘Occult (hidden) Chemistry’. Imagine possessing the FIRST Periodic Table – and reading the basis for our current Chart of the Elements. The Cecil Rhodes family of South Africa at one time initiated much of the early research into identifying and listing the known elements of the earth. The information was printed and apparently shared with only a select few ‘initiates’ however, – members of a group known as the ‘Theosophical Society’. In this text, reference was given to an element called ‘element x’ or specifically element #2674. It was clearly identified, catalogued, and referenced like any other element – yet the elitist ‘Theosophical Society’ chose to keep it off the periodical charts, even to this day. WHY? Did they know its true potential? Did they know it could possibly pre-empt trillions of dollars in pharmaceutical chemical drug profits? Why is Element X, (transitional Iridium) still relatively unknown today?
The Project for the Exposure of Hidden Institutions
http://www.pehi.eu/introduction.htm

Soliton and Freemasonry
http://www.gnn.tv/threads/5919/soliton_and_freemasonry
Last edited by lizzie on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 am

Grey Cloud said: The wiki article you linked is to is largely drivel and frankly I'm surprised that it has escaped the notice of the wiki thought-police as among other things it mentions Walter Cruttenden (a favourite of our Lizzie).
I try to quote from whatever sources I believe to be reasonably accurate or truthful, whether I like the authors or not. If what I present is inaccurate, then I hope that other forum members will point me in the right direction.

I quote Cuttenden because I think he presented a reasonable argument in favor of Sirius as the Sun’s binary twin. I can’t think of any other author who has “tackled” this subject.

I would have quoted from Plato and Aristotle, too, if I felt they could have provided me with the kinds of astronomical references I seek.

I have only a "passing acquaintance" with Plato, but I do love the following:

Book VII of The Republic - The Allegory of the Cave
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/platoscave.html

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 am

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...
Do people understand yet that Energy = Information? No they do not because nobody ever educated them about it, probably because until now, nobody knew. How are we doing for over 4,000 years of seeking, going within and finding nothing out of nothing?
Can you prove that energy = information? Does that mean that when I blow my nose, I am exchanging information? Define energy; define information. I cannot speak for the likes of Heraclitus, Laotsu, the Buddha, Plato, Pascal or Nietzsche, but I do not go within and find
nothing from nothing. Nor do I get something from nothing.
GC, do you really understand yet that the Universe is actually holistic in nature and that Love is the primevil force?
No, I do not yet 'really' (in the sense of 'fully') understand that the Universe is holistic, though I do have a degree of understanding which is slowly but surely increasing. I would, however, suggest that my understanding of the holistic nature of the Universe is somewhat better than yours as the 'secret governments', 'conspiracy theory' side of things fits neatly into my understanding, whereas you seem to view it as some form of aberration or somehow counter to the natural way of things.
And, no, I do not yet 'really' understand that love is the primeval force, though I am well aware of the notion/concept. Part of the problem is that 'love' means different things to different folks. For example, to the Orphics, Eros (the elder) was one of the first of the
protogenoi; Empedocles said that all things in the Universe are the result of the union of love and strife (attraction and repulsion).
Hindu and Buddhist texts are big on this subject also, whereas alchemy is less so. One of the reasons I like alchemy is that many of the old alchemists did not suffer fool's gladly. Another difficulty I have with this idea is that it involves one part of The One 'loving' another part of The One. If you 'really' understand love, do you love all these secret cabalists and shadowy world leaders who you constantly mention? Do you love Theosophists? Love in this context is
non-judgemental.

Which brings us to your quote in green which you describe as Theosophy dictating the cyclic nature of the Universe. If you actually read the quote without the filter of your prejudices you would see that a: it is taken from a book on Hindu philosophy (and Hindu philosophy predates Theosophy by at least 2 thousand years), and b: there is nothing dictatorial in its tone.

The links you provided are either rubbish or more supportive of my argument than your conspiracy allegations.

biblebelievers.org - please do not insult my intelligence with such modern Christian drivel. How does a list of Freemasons, most of whom predate the founding of the Theosophical Society, prove your points about Theosophists?
And from the link at msu.edu
[Jakob]Böhme, as I have detailed elsewhere, in such books as Theosophia (1994) and Wisdom's Children (1999), wrote numerous books detailing his complex and often arcane cosmology, but at the center of Böhme's appeal was his insistence on the primacy of the individual's direct spiritual awakening. Such spiritual awakening came under the guidance of divine Wisdom, or Sophia, and it is clear that the Rapp circle in Germany was familiar with the major German sources of Sophianic spirituality inspired by the works of Böhme, including the writings of Gottfried Arnold (1666-1714), arguably the most important scholar among the theosophers.
Again, what relevance has the fact that the books referenced are European, to your points about Theosophy? Have you ever read any book of Theosophy, alchemy, gnosticism, Hermeticism, Qabala, metaphysics, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism or do you confine yourself to low-brow, no-brainer websites? If you were to read such books as mentioned above, then you would find that they all basically have the same underlying message but that the method of conveying the message is adapted to suit the time and place of its telling. It is called the
Ancient Wisdom, the Sacred Science or, by the Theosophists, the Perennial Philosophy.

I have given up on reading books on esotricism by modern academics. I find it more profitable to read the original works and in any case academics generally don't 'get it'.

With regard to your revelatory chart: I have seen many such on the web. The esoteric literature which I read makes no secret of lineages and linkages to other movements and organisations. For example Renaissance alchemists trace the art back to ancient Egypt and the Egyptian Mysteries; and it is no secret that Plato was initiated into both the Greek and Egyptian Mysteries. Going back even further, the same alchemists frequently quote from Homer's Iliad, i.e. the Iliad is an alchemical work.

The link from endtime-truth.com is factually inaccurate Christian propaganda. For example gnosis is not the Greek word for science; Qabala is not particularly about the worship of anything let alone angels. As for "Kabbalism today utilizes angels, magic, and astrology in their occult system, attempting to control the destiny of the universe". Control the destiny of the Universe? Not the planet mind you but the very Universe itself. Per-lease. And what would the omniscient, omnipotent, almighty Christian God be doing while this bunch of old Jewish guys hi-jacked the Universe?

Here is a quote from one of my books on the Qabala:
We start with the archetypal, the world as an idea, a thought, a mathematical conception such as space, which contains all things. To this idea we add a creative impulse, and the world is endowed with a will to unfold itself and we enter the sphere of time, of thought in extension. From this unfolding emerges form - geometricity, or a multiplication of spaces, shadows of things to be. So far there is no materiality; only mathematics, numbers, and letters; symbols, of shapes which are still dreaming. Lastly, in these forms movement is
born and they become what we call substantial; then only do we enter the physical world of action - of materialized thought.

JFC Fuller - The Secret Wisdom of the Qabalah. Page 36.
Excellent book that, and one I intened re-reading soon. [As it happens, the pc I am writing this on is named Fuller as he is one of my favourite writers on military theory - small world isn't it?]

Your quote from the grailbooks link:
Theosophy therefore is more an orientation toward spiritual experience than anything else, and this is why there is a continuity in the tradition even though theosophers are each unique in emphasis. Some are drawn to Kabbalism, others to scientific inquiry, still others are ascetics, and still others are married and have a family. But none emphasize outward religious observance at the expense of inwardness. Rather, theosophers in general suggest adherence to whatever outward religious community is natural, be it Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox, for what matters is one’s inner awareness and commitment to self-transcendence, not outward adherence to belief or social forms.
Ah those fiendish swine! Sufism operates in exactly the same way within Islam.

From the anandgholap.net link:
There are within man faculties of the soul which, if developed, will enable him to perceive this inner world, so that it will become possible for him to explore and to study it precisely as man has explored and studied that part of the world which is within the reach of all. These faculties are the heritage of the whole human race; they will unfold within every one of us as our evolution progresses; but men who are willing to devote themselves to the effort map gain them in advance of the rest, just as a blacksmith’s apprentice, specializing in the use of certain muscles, may attain (so far as they are concerned) a development much greater than that of other youths of his age. There are men who have these powers in working order, and are able by their use to obtain a vast amount of most interesting information about the world which most of us as yet cannot see. … Let it be clearly understood that there is nothing fanciful or unnatural about such sight. It is simply an extension of faculties with which we are all familiar, and to develop it is to make oneself sensitive to vibrations more rapid than those to which our physical senses are normally trained to respond.* (*Op. cit., pp. 9, 10.)
Ah, those black-hearted devils. Obviously the sooner your benign aliens get here to rescue us from such despicable evildoers, the better.

The theosophy-nw.org link has long lived in my IE favourites folder. There is a load of excellent and illuminating material on the site.

Thank you, but I have no requirement for a list of books on Eastern Christian Mysticism and the Western Mystery Tradition least of all from anyone or anything on aol.com. In fact I don't need any books on Christianity whatsoever.

Regarding science, magic, mysticism, and philosophy not being mutually exclusive, you wrote
Theosophy proves to you how mutually exclusive these subjects are because they did exactly that...put them together.
I shall be charitable here and assume you have misread exclusive for inclusive otherwise I shall be forced to conclude that you are barking. :o

you wrote
‘Intelligence comes from the Mind?’….how does that work exactly? Our brain is constructed to interract with the Universe as a receiver and a transmitter, as is our DNA. The external Universe has purpose and its purpose relates to the exchange of Information.
Read Plato, he explains it much better than I can, but suffice to say that your mind is to your soul what your brain is to your body (oversimplification).
Try this site (which I got off StephanR):
http://www.hermes-press.com/academy_index.htm
or
http://plato-dialogues.org/plato.htm
Both sites provide excellent introductions/overviews to what Plato is about. Or search for Pierre Grimes on youtube.
If you think intelligence lies within the brain how do you explain the fact that there are functional human beings who have a brain that is stunted (under-formed) or in some cases virtually non-existent (little more than a walnut sized thing at the top of the spinal column).
I have stated elsewhere that I se the brain as nothing more than a transceiver and I am willing to concede that DNA is similar, though I have little or no interest in DNA as it physical and material and therefore of secondary importance in my view.
If as you suggest, the purpose of the Universe relates to the exchange of Information, what then is the purpose of the exchange of information? Surely the exchange of information is the means to an end and is not an end in itself?
Fohat, The Great Transformer? Yes, it just reinforces my point that all this is above materialism; it’s about the attempt to use Electricity during initiation to transform a Man into a God! When she stumbled on Electricity as the etheric energy, and combined it with the Ancient texts, she thought, along with many others, that the God-Man would be possible to achieve.
What point of yours about all what being above materialism? You are the one banging on about the brain, the body and DNA. I am the one going on about mind, consciousness and things metaphysical. Your talk of tranforming man into a god via electricity sounds more like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein than Helena Blavatsky's Theosophy. Have you actually ever read any Theosophy or have you only read other peoples' views on it? Theosophy, like all the interpretations of the Ancient Wisdom demands not only a lot of serious study and a lot of
meditation/contemplation but a specific lifestyle (in the sense of behaviour rather than diet or clothes). There is no shortcut. We are gods, we are only being human. Note the last part of your quote in green - "...through the self-conscious effort of man". Fohat is intelligent; it is a form of consciousness. It is not a 'blind force of nature' (there are in any case no such things).
I have knowledge of these Societies because, as you SUGGESTED, in order to find, one has to spend years seeking. The above-mentioned chart gives the extent of the influence on global politics, religions and cultures.
Perhaps you might ask yourself why you resist this information so vehemently?
You do not have knowledge of these societies. What you have is knowledge of what various websites have told you about these societies. You seem to be confusing the word 'seeking' with 'surfing'.
You seem to set great store by this chart of yours. I do not resist this information, vehemently or otherwise. What I am resisting is your oversimplistic nonsense. I am familiar with the Bilderburgers, the Carlysle Group, Opus Dei etc. But as I stated above, I can accommodate them into my philosophy or understanding of the Universe. Try to love them.
What is the difference between God and Baal? Is Baal not a god?
All these ‘isms’ are frowned upon because they are all inaccurate in their teachings about God, the Universe, plus they’re deliberately perverted to control people’s minds (and to encourage the worship of false gods and entities).
Not sure what these 'isms' are or how they got into this conversation. By whom are they frowned upon? In what way are they inaccurate about their teachings about God? How are they perverted and how do they control people's minds? How do they encourage the worship of false
gods and entities? What is a false god; what is an entity?
It all sounds jolly exciting, please do tell me more.
Mankind never needed to be saved because it’s Eternal. He just needs to remember that he is more than able to have a successful relationship with his God/Universe (which is not within).
I never for one moment suggested that mankind needed saving. When you say that mankind is eternal, do you mean collectively (a species so to speak) or each individual is eternal? What you are calling God/Universe is both without and within because we (mankind) are as much a part of it (God/Universe) as is a galaxy or a moonbeam. I did not say that God/Universe is within, I said that access to God/Universe is within. I did not mean to imply that this was the only mode of access, only that it was a mode that is open to each and all.
In any case what you call God/Universe is to part of creation it is not the Creator. In fact it's about the third step down. See the quote by Fuller above and consider:
Tao is hollow emptiness.

The substance of All,
it is absent of substance.
Dimensionless Void,
it is the source of the ten thousand things.

It blunts sharpness,
unravels entanglements,
diffuses brightness,
merges with dust.

Dark, invisible, it only seems to be.
It is the child of No-Thing
and the father of God.

I Ching 4. Bart Marshall translation.
After 4,000 years of seeking, did anyone discover anything accurate about our living, universal, God? And if they did, did they share it with the masses or did they simply pervert it and use it against humanity?
To the first sentence I would answer yes, and in turn, ask are you implying that you somehow know the correct way and have discovered something accurate about the living, universal God? Your second sentence is a false dichotomy, I believe. There are more alternatives than sharing it with or using it against humanity. Many of those who have attempted to share it with the masses have been killed by the masses for their efforts. Do you share your discoveries with the masses?
The truth, IMO, is that God is Everywhere (within and without) and that when you invite God into you, you become more God-like - more harmonious, coherent and loving (i.e. God comes to YOU). This, in itself, is magic but not the Philosophers Stone anticipated by occultists/alchemists.
I will accept the first part of this statement, it is not my way of

thinking but if it works for you then that is good (many paths, one Truth and all that). What I fail to see is the connection with the Philosopher's Stone of alchemy.
We may be part of The One and we may be connected but we are not returning to the Source…the point of existence is to experience as individual facets of God and to create anew, every day, as co-Creators with God.
Again, this is not the way I would put it exactly but if it works for you then fine. I see us as part of creation creating (but I'm not entirely happy with that interpretation). Your comment about experiencing is more or less the same as certain of the Hindu beliefs but I fail to see what an omniscient consciousness has to learn (via experience).
The reason I am posting all of this is to explain to you that the top echelons of Theosophy knew this! And saved it for themselves.

Horse-hockey. There is little or nothing new in the Theosophical writings. As I stated above, it is just a variation on the Ancient Wisdom, specifically the Vedic literature in this case. If you had actually read any of this material you see this.
Send the masses in the opposite direction WHILE YOU PERFECT WHAT YOU NEED TO PERFECT (your Godliness)! It’s the same with every single control mechanism created by humans.
Again I would ask what is your loving God/Universe doing while all these blackguards are riding rough-shod over the masses?
“When you go into the space of nothingness, everything becomes known.”
The Buddha

How does that work? How do you produce something out of nothing?
Who mentioned producing something out of nothing? You display your own ignorance when you read something like this literally.

I prefer Femto to Buddha or Socrates:

"Accept your station or embrace the mysteries. The “golden thread” has been kept alive for a very long time now. Approx 4000/7000 years ago, "gods" arrived into the hearts and minds of humanity. A few humans knew that it could not be the way it appeared. It was not that there
was no "God" but that the interpretation of "God" was not as they where told by the faithful. (The golden thread are the seekers who knew that everything they had ever heard about God was wrong)".
"I prefer Femto to Buddha or Socrates" - I rest my case.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:41 am

lizzie wrote:
Grey Cloud said: The wiki article you linked is to is largely drivel and frankly I'm surprised that it has escaped the notice of the wiki thought-police as among other things it mentions Walter Cruttenden (a favourite of our Lizzie).
I try to quote from whatever sources I believe to be reasonably accurate or truthful, whether I like the authors or not. If what I present is inaccurate, then I hope that other forum members will point me in the right direction.

I quote Cuttenden because I think he presented a reasonable argument in favor of Sirius as the Sun’s binary twin. I can’t think of any other author who has “tackled” this subject.

I would have quoted from Plato and Aristotle, too, if I felt they could have provided me with the kinds of astronomical references I seek.

I have only a "passing acquaintance" with Plato, but I do love the following:

Book VII of The Republic - The Allegory of the Cave
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/platoscave.html
Lizzie
My apologies for any misunderstanding. I was not having a pop at you or Cruttenden. I was just amazed to see his name cited in a wiki article. I can't see it lasting long.
I've read some of Cruttenden's stuff, e.g. his BRI website and (I think) seen a video. My personal jury is still out on the binary star thing. I'm leaning towrd the binary part but I'm less convinced that it is Sirius.
I would like to read his other book The Great Year as that is more in line with my main interests. I would like it even more if I could read Yukteshwar's Holy Science so I could see what exactly he says rather than getting it second-hand from the likes of Cruttenden and the other independent researchers who are quoting from it.
My two favourite independent researchers at the moment are John Anthony West for his work on Egypt and another favourite of your's Jay Weidner for his alchemy stuff. West's Serpent in the Sky is a must read and his 8-part dvd Magickal Egypt is fantastic (Cruttenden might feature in it). I have been reading Weidner's stufffor a few years now and he is always in the process of learning, he is never trying to sell you the final answer. You can tell that he respects alchemy and the alchemists and is not just using the word alchemy to sell books.

Aristotle is terrible to read. Plato's works are short (c. pp80-100), much easier to read and generally humorous. Plato's Timaeus discusses the creation and operation of the Universe and its contents, it's also where he mentions Atlantis (also in the unfinished Critias). It's not his easiest read but it's not rocket-science either. He discusses the gods and the etymology of their names in Cratylus. It's a great read, very informative and with Socrates on rollicking good form.
All Plato's works can be downloaded in pdf format from
http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/plato.htm
and works by various other authors from here
http://www2.hn.psu.edu/faculty/jmanis/jimspdf.htm

The Allegory of the Cave is wonderful - 2,400 year old version of the Matrix. Try also
the Divided Line, also from the Republic.
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/GREECE/ALLEGORY.HTM
and the Myth of Er also from the Republic
http://www.davidson.edu/academic/classi ... rMyth.html
Pierre Grimes does an excellent explantion of these.(Search for Pierre Grimes on youtube).
If you do decide to have a dabble with Plato, just be careful when Socrates makes you laugh - that's usually when he slips in something important. Oh, and whatever you do, don't 'study' it - just relax, enter into the mood of the thing and read it. Plato is not about logic and reason.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 pm

Grey Cloud said: I'm leaning toward the binary part but I'm less convinced that it is Sirius.
What's your theory?
Grey Cloud said: I would like it even more if I could read Yukteshwar's Holy Science.
Yes, I agree with you. I want my own copy, too.
Grey Cloud said: My two favourite independent researchers at the moment are John Anthony West for his work on Egypt and another favourite of your's Jay Weidner for his alchemy stuff. West's Serpent in the Sky is a must read and his 8-part dvd Magickal Egypt is fantastic (Cruttenden might feature in it).
Thanks for the leads. I have heard that “Serpent in the Sky” is good. I do like Weidner. He takes you along on the adventure; and he never claims to have all the answers.

True, Aristotle is too dry for me. I like what I have read of Plato; and you are right; I do think he is amusing. In the cave allegory Glaucon and Socrates are really funny. I feel they are having a difficult but enjoyable time trying to “play it straight.”

Thanks for the great links. :D

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 pm

As most are aware, the discussion of religion and politics above what's required to discuss their relationship to EU theory is discouraged on the Thunderbolts forum. As can be seen above, discussion quickly degenerates into "I know more than you know" and ad-hominem remarks which detract from anything sensible which may result from said discussion.

The rules of the forum have only been relaxed for as long as folk are friendly and tolerant of the views of others here, and these discussions can easily be deleted completely (and will be) if they degenerate any further. As it is there are lots of threads which have nothing at all to do with EU and rightly don't belong here, but have been left up whilst some form of self-control remains evident.

Please remember this is the Thunderbolts forum and not the place to advertise everyone's own pet theories about how to bake the perfect gingerbread man or when the next visit from ET will be. The Thunderbolts Project does not endorse the ideas put forward in these threads, and offers no position on things spiritual or esoteric.

Dave Smith.
Site Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:08 pm

What is Universal Magnetism?

Cycles of Time
http://cycle-of-time.net/four_mayas.htm
In Treta Yuga, man extends his knowledge and power over the attributes of universal magnetism, the source of the positive, negative, and neutralizing electricities, and the two poles of creative attraction and repulsion.
Sympathetic Vibratory Physics
http://www.svpvril.com/index.html

Basic Acoustic Principles
http://www.svpvril.com/basicac.html

Hydrodynamic Analogies to Electricity and Magnetism
http://www.svpvril.com/bjerknes.html#TOP%20Bjerknes
It is then found that if the pulsations are of the same kind, i.e., if both expand and both contract simultaneously, there is attraction. But if one expands while the other contracts, and vice versa, there is repulsion. In fact the phenomenon is the opposite of magnetical and electrical phenomena, for here like poles attract and unlike poles repel.

Law of Attraction

"Juxtaposed coherent aggregates vibrating in unison, or harmonic ratio, are mutually attracted."

Law of Repulsion

"Juxtaposed coherent aggregates vibrating in discord are mutually repelled."

If two oscillating spheres be brought near each other, then, if they are both moving to and from each other at the same time, there is attraction; but if one of the spheres be turned round, so that both spheres move in the same direction in their oscillations, then there is repulsion.

If one of these spheres be mounted so as to be free to move about a vertical axis, it is found that when a second oscillating sphere is brought near to it, the one which is free turns round its axis and sets itself so that both spheres in their oscillations are approaching each other or receding simultaneously. Two oscillating spheres, mounted at the extremities of an arm, with freedom to move, behave with respect to another oscillating sphere exactly like a magnet in the neighborhood of another magnetic pole.

Dr. Bjerknes looks upon the water in his trough as being the analogue of Faraday's medium; and he looks upon these attractions and repulsions as being due, not to the action of one body on the other, but to the mutual action of one body and the water in contact with it. Viewed in this light, his first experiment is equivalent to saying that if a vibrating or oscillating body has its motions in the same direction as the water, the body moves away from the centre of disturbance, but if in the opposite direction, towards it. This idea gives us the analogy of dia- and para-magnetism.

Physicists have been in the habit of looking upon magnetism as some kind of molecular rotation. According to the present view it is a rectilinear motion. Physicists have been accustomed to look upon the conception of an isolated magnetic pole as an impossibility but here, while the oscillating sphere represents a magnetic molecule with north and south poles, the pulsating drum represents an isolated pole. These are new conceptions to the physicist, let us see whither they lead us. The professor shows that if a rectilinear oscillation constitutes magnetism, a circular oscillation must signify an electric current, the axis of oscillation being the direction of the current. According to this view what would be the action of a ring through which a current is passing? If the ring were horizontal the inner parts of the ring would all rise together and all fall together, they would vibrate and produce the same effect as the rectilinear vibrations of a magnet. This is the analogue of the Amperian currents.

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 am

More on “universal magnetism”

Can magnetism exist without electricity? Do both light and sound waves carry charged particles? When the ancients talked about “universal magnetism” were they describing the primary “cause and effect” they observed (attraction vs. repulsion) rather than the actual mechanics involved?

Magnetism
http://www.answers.com/topic/magnetism-1?cat=technology
Attraction or repulsion that arises between electrically charged particles which are in motion.
Critique of Hooper-Monstein Experiment.
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/hpmoncrt.htm
It should now be obvious that electric and magnetic effects are two different manifestations of just one fundamental form of interaction, carried by a particle (not a photon but a sub-photonic particle) which has the ability to create both.
A Rosetta Stone for the New Science Paradigm
http://www.svpvril.com/Cosmology/cosunity2.html

New Science, New Energy
http://www.svpvril.com/basicac.html
What differences do you know between sound waves and electromagnetic (EM) waves?

• EM waves in air travel nearly a million times faster than sound waves
• EM waves are carried by rapidly varying magnetic and electric fields. Sound waves in air are carried by rapidly varying pressure changes.
• EM waves are transmitted through electrical insulators but are stopped by conductors. Sound propagation through a material depends on its elastic properties, not on electrical ones.
Comparison of Light Waves with Sound Waves
http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14182 ... 182_44.htm
There are two main differences between sound waves and light waves. The first difference is in velocity. Sound waves travel through air at the speed of approximately 1,100 feet per second; light waves travel through air and empty space at a speed of approximately 186,000 miles per second. The second difference is that sound is composed of longitudinal waves (alternate compressions and expansions of matter) and light is composed of transverse waves in an electromagnetic field.

Although both are forms of wave motion, sound requires a solid, liquid, or gaseous medium; whereas light travels through empty space. The denser the medium, the greater the speed of sound. The opposite is true of light. Light travels approximately one-third slower in water than in air. Sound travels through all substances, but light cannot pass through opaque materials.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:34 am

Lizzie wrote:
Can magnetism exist without electricity? Do both light and sound waves carry charged particles? When the ancients talked about “universal magnetism” were they describing the primary “cause and effect” they observed (attraction vs. repulsion) rather than the actual mechanics involved?
Does this help?
II. THE PRINCIPLE OF CORRESPONDENCE.

This Principle embodies the truth that there is always a Correspondence between the
laws and phenomena of the various planes of Being and Life. The old Hermetic axiom ran in
these words: “As above, so below; as below, so above.” And the grasping of this Principle
gives one the means of solving many a dark paradox, and hidden secret of Nature. There
are planes beyond our knowing, but when we apply the Principle of Correspondence to them
we are able to understand much that would otherwise be unknowable to us. This Principle is
of universal application and manifestation, on the various planes of the material, mental, and
spiritual universe–it is an Universal Law. The ancient Hermetists considered this Principle as
one of the most important mental instruments by which man was able to pry aside the
obstacles which hid from view the Unknown. Its use even tore aside the Veil of Isis to the
extent that a glimpse of the face of the goddess might be caught. Just as a knowledge of the
Principles of Geometry enables man to measure distant suns and their movements, while
seated in his observatory, so a knowledge of the Principle of Correspondence enables Man
to reason intelligently from the Known to the Unknown. Studying the monad, he under-
stands the archangel.

III. THE PRINCIPLE OF VIBRATION.

This Principle embodies the truth that “everything is in motion”; “everything vibrates”;
“nothing is at rest”; facts which Modern Science endorses, and which each new scientific
discovery tends to verify. And yet this Hermetic Principle was enunciated thousands of years
ago, by the Masters of Ancient Egypt. This Principle explains that the differences between
different manifestations of Matter, Energy, Mind, and even Spirit, result largely from varying
rates of Vibration. From THE ALL, which is Pure Spirit, down to the grossest form of Matter,
all is in vibration–the higher the vibration, the higher the position in the scale. The vibration of Spirit is at such an infinite rate of intensity and rapidity that it is practically at rest–just as a rapidly moving wheel seems to be motionless. And at the other end of the scale, there are
gross forms of matter whose vibrations are so low as to seem at rest. Between these poles,
there are millions upon millions of varying degrees of vibration. From corpuscle and electron,
atom and molecule, to worlds and universes, everything is in vibratory motion. This is also
true on the planes of energy and force (which are but varying degrees of vibration); and also
on the mental planes (whose states depend upon vibrations); and even on to the spiritual
planes. An understanding of this Principle, with the appropriate formulas, enables Hermetic
students to control their own mental vibrations as well as those of others. The Masters also
apply this Principle to the conquering of Natural phenomena, in various ways. “He who
understands the Principle of Vibration, has grasped the sceptre of power,” says one of the
old writers.

IV. THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY.

This Principle embodies the truth that “everything is dual”; “everything has two poles”;
“everything has its pair of opposites,” all of which were old Hermetic axioms. It explains the
old paradoxes, that have perplexed so many, which have been stated as follows: “Thesis
and antithesis are identical in nature, but different in degree”; “opposites are the same,
differing only in degree”; “the pairs of opposites may be reconciled”; “extremes meet”;
“everything is and isn't, at the same time”; “all truths are but half-truths”; “every truth is half-false”; “there are two sides to everything,” etc., etc., etc. It explains that in everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that “opposites” are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although “opposites,” are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where “heat” terminates and “cold” begins! There is no such thing as “absolute heat” or “absolute cold”–the two terms “heat” and “cold” simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that “same thing” which manifests as “heat” and “cold” is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So “heat” and “cold” are simply the “two poles” of that which we call “Heat”–and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity. The same principle manifests in the case of “Light and Darkness,” which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does “darkness” leave off, and “light” begin? What is the difference between “Large and Small”? Between “Hard and Soft”? Between “Black and White”? Between “Sharp and Dull”? Between “Noise and Quiet”? Between “High and Low”? Between “Positive and Negative”? The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example that of “Love and Hate,” two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms “Like or Dislike,” which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we “like” or “dislike” or “neither.” And all are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment. And, more than this (and considered of more importance by the Hermetists), it is possible to change the vibrations of Hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own case and that of others. And you will therefore realize the possibility of this being accomplished by the use of the Will, by means of the Hermetic formulas. “Good and Evil” are but the poles of the same thing, and the Hermetist understands the art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity. In short, the “Art of Polarization” becomes a phase of “Mental Alchemy” known and practiced by the ancient and modern Hermetic Masters. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art.

V. THE PRINCIPLE OF RHYTHM.

This Principle embodies the truth that in everything there is manifested a measured
motion, to and fro; a flow and inflow; a swing backward and forward; a pendulum-like
movement; a tide-like ebb and flow; a high-tide and low-tide; between the two poles which
exist in accordance with the Principle of Polarity described a moment ago. There is always
an action and a reaction; an advance and a retreat; a rising and a sinking. This is in the
affairs of the Universe, suns, worlds, men, animals, mind, energy, and matter. This law is
manifest in the creation and destruction of worlds; in the rise and fall of nations; in the life of all things; and finally in the mental states of Man (and it is with this latter that the Hermetists find the understanding of the Principle most important). The Hermetists have grasped this Principle, finding its universal application, and have also discovered certain means to overcome its effects in themselves by the use of the appropriate formulas and methods.
They apply the Mental Law of Neutralization. They cannot annul the Principle, or cause it to
cease its operation, but they have learned how to escape its effects upon themselves to a certain degree depending upon the Mastery of the Principle. They have learned how to USE
it, instead of being USED BY it. In this and similar methods, consist the Art of the Hermetists.
The Master of Hermetics polarizes himself at the point at which he desires to rest, and then
neutralizes the Rhythmic swing of the pendulum which would tend to carry him to the other
pole. All individuals who have attained any degree of Self-Mastery do this to a certain
degree, more or less unconsciously, but the Master does this consciously, and by the use of
his Will, and attains a degree of Poise and Mental Firmness almost impossible of belief on
the part of the masses who are swung backward and forward like a pendulum. This Principle
and that of Polarity have been closely studied by the Hermetists, and the methods of
counteracting, neutralizing, and USING them form an important part of the Hermetic Mental
Alchemy.

VI. THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.

This Principle embodies the fact that there is a Cause for every Effect; an Effect from
every Cause. It explains that: “Everything Happens according to Law”; that nothing ever
“merely happens”; that there is no such thing as Chance; that while there are various planes
of Cause and Effect, the higher dominating the lower planes, still nothing ever entirely
escapes the Law. The Hermetists understand the art and methods of rising above the
ordinary plane of Cause and Effect, to a certain degree, and by mentally rising to a higher
plane they become Causers instead of Effects. The masses of people are carried along,
obedient to environment; the wills and desires of others stronger than themselves; heredity;
suggestion; and other outward causes moving them about like pawns on the Chessboard of
Life. But the Masters, rising to the plane above, dominate their moods, characters, qualities,
and powers, as well as the environment surrounding them, and become Movers instead of
pawns. They help to PLAY THE GAME OF LIFE, instead of being played and moved about
by other wills and environment. They USE the Principle instead of being its tools. The
Masters obey the Causation of the higher planes, but they help to RULE on their own plane.
In this statement there is condensed a wealth of Hermetic knowledge–let him read who can.

VII. THE PRINCIPLE OF GENDER.

This Principle embodies the truth that there is GENDER manifested in everything–the
Masculine and Feminine Principles ever at work. This is true not only of the Physical Plane,
but of the Mental and even the Spiritual Planes. On the Physical Plane, the Principle
manifests as SEX, on the higher planes it takes higher forms, but the Principle is ever the
same. No creation, physical, mental or spiritual, is possible without this Principle. An
understanding of its laws will throw light on many a subject that has perplexed the minds of
men. The Principle of Gender works ever in the direction of generation, regeneration, and
creation. Everything, and every person, contains the two Elements or Principles, or this great
Principle, within it, him or her. Every Male thing has the Female Element also; every Female
contains also the Male Principle. If you would understand the philosophy of Mental and
Spiritual Creation, Generation, and Re-generation, you must understand and study this
Hermetic Principle. It contains the solution of many mysteries of Life. We caution you that
this Principle has no reference to the many base, pernicious and degrading lustful theories,
teachings and practices, which are taught under fanciful titles, and which are a prostitution of
the great natural principle of Gender. Such base revivals of the ancient infamous forms of
Phallicism tend to ruin mind, body and soul, and the Hermetic Philosophy has ever sounded
the warning note against these degraded teachings which tend toward lust, licentiousness,
and perversion of Nature's principles. if you seek such teachings, you must go elsewhere for
them–Hermeticism contains nothing for you along these lines. To the pure, all things are
pure; to the base, all things are base.
The Kybalion.
[How come posts look ok in preview but when posted are full of carriage returns?]
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.