Help Us Explain Crater Formation!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

dahlenaz

Re: Help Us Explain Crater Formation!

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am

nick c wrote:Look at some of the other videos this fellow has posted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/johnbrobs?feature=watch
NASA Moon Object Video
UFO SPOTTED OVER LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Plus an assortment of special effects and UFO videos.

The YouTube video claims to be from the China Lunar Probe, so how did this YouTuber obtain the video if it was
never released by China? if it was released, where is the official press release from the China space agency?

I would love to see an actual video or even still pictures of a crater being formed on the Moon. But this YouTube
video cannot be given any credibility if it stands alone.

You make it sound like official news releases are the only way that news is released,,, but you are missing
what i am trying to encourage;;;; evaluation, of the video itself, for detectable anomolies and discussion of
those points so we can post a message to his web channel explaining to others how how we can tell
it it is faked or not. It is about building credibility one puzzle at a time.... d...z

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Zane,
nick c wrote:But this YouTube video cannot be given any credibility if it stands alone.
I will stand by that statement. The YouTube poster has a whole portfolio of UFO, crop circle, and special effects videos.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Here is a video of lunar crater/pit being formed. Unfortunately I cannot view it, for some technical reason?
But here is the link, A Meteoroid Hits the Moon
I would think that with no cushion; plasma sphere or atmosphere, that these events would be common on the Moon.

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 pm

nick c wrote:Here is a video of lunar crater/pit being formed.
I believe this is supposed to be it:
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a ... on/248129/

A huge crater can be seen formed indeed. :roll:
I have to agree with nick c that the youtube-videos are fakes. Simple computergraphics and creativity.
The flashes as in the gif could be something impacting though, I'm not sure. But they are proper.
If there are no links to source material or reference to such, it is better to use much scrutiny
with youtube videos with "eventfull" or "extraordinary" events. It is so easy these days to fake it.
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Just to be clear -- TLO's are well-documented... but no coincident new craters have yet to be identified.
I can see a speck of something residual after the flash of that video... but what it is? Camera artifact? Meteroid impact crater? Residual afterglow of discharge?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 am

webo wrote:Just to be clear -- TLO's are well-documented... but no coincident new craters have yet to be identified.
This is true, but it is not an unreasonable assumption that many small meteroids would reach their first point of resistance at the Lunar surface, as opposed to a meteoroid encounter with the Earth, where the magnetic field and atmosphere would complicate the issue. I for one, do not doubt that impacts can and do take place, however, I doubt that this can explain the overall appearance of the Lunar surface and surfaces of other terrestrial bodies in the solar system. That being said, I think the EU position as presented in TPOD's, videos, etc. etc. is the most plausible and comprehensive overall model for the formation of the surfaces of various celestial bodies. Also as a note, there are several instances where there have been found rather large meteorites on the Earth's surface with no accompanying crater, there are also craters on the Earth with no associated meteorite.
Transient lunar phenomena have been observed by earthbound telescopes on numerous occasions for more than a two hundred years, and before that there are several examples of naked eye observations, which are open to debate over their validity. Most are associated with specific places on the Moon, for example the region of the Aristarchus crater. This would indicate that they are most likely the result of geological activity, outgassing and the like.
http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/687/1/692

justcurious

Unread post by justcurious » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:36 am

There is no doubt that lunar flashes occur and NASA thinks they are from comets.
I already posted the links to the NASA Marshal Space center videos that are used as examples of what to look for.
Apparently some of these flashes have resulted in craters only a couple of meters wide yet can be seen from the Earth using hobbyist telescopes. The ones captured on video also appear to be very short lived, a fraction of a second.
I understand that astronomy considered theses "TLP" events as some sort of delusion, but I think we can now all rest and be assured that the TLP (transient lunar phenomen) events are not a conspiracy theory.
It has become obvious now that what people have witnessed for hunderds of years can no longer be denied since people are now recording this stuff on video. And NASA has a program to collect info from hobbyists and indepenmdents around the world. There is no mystery here. The only mystery is how hot molten stuff flashes for a fraction of a second, so bright that it can be seen from Earth (yet not much left behind in terms of craters).

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:12 am

In the below linked thread on the first page, there is some previous posts about TLP's. With also
some questions relating to possible effects of the Earth's plasma tail.

Electric Moon
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

justcurious

Unread post by justcurious » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Check this picture of an antenna scorched by lightning: http://zimmerinteractive.com/ezimmer/wp ... les-02.jpg

Notice on the left part, there is a crater with the pointy little tip, looks very much like the craters on the moon.
It even looks like there may have been ancient rivers and lava flows LOL.
I know that Thornhill and the gang have examples of electric scarring at a microscopic level (plasma machining etc), but I thought this picture was good because it shows large coin sized craters etc, and even a flat one with the pointy tip in the middle.

BTW, the astrophysicists came out with a theory explaining raised ridges. Just came across the article this morning... the ridges would be formed by cracks filling up with some sort of clay, and then the surrounding rock would have been eroded over eons, leaving behind the contents of the cracks showing up as ridges. I'm sure they made it up because they have no clue.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 am

The antenna image is a wonderful find justcurious.

http://zimmerinteractive.com/ezimmer/wp ... les-02.jpg

The antenna has missing material [the holes] and what appears to be additional material surrounding the holes. It would be nice to have micrometer readings of the thickness of the different areas. IMHO, the material from the holes was electrically removed, became molten, and was deposited on the surrounding area. This is similar to, but not matching, the Poles of Mars, which Wal Thornhill discusses in the link below.

http://www.holoscience.com/wp/mystery-o ... r-spirals/

If the atmosphere had been choked with external dust at the time of the lightning bolt the results might have been different.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

justcurious

Unread post by justcurious » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 am

Micheel: I enjoyed watching the main video on your EU geology site.
I suppose the people who took the scorched antenna pictures could provide more detail. There are also a lot more pictures of that same event on their website. I work in telecommunications, I'll see if I can somehow get my hands on a database of pictures. It's quite common to take pictures of damage at antenna/radio sites. Not sure it's all stored and sorted though, but who knows maybe we'll get lucky.

Sam

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Oh, yes, TLO shold be TLP... hit the wrong key and was too much in a hurry at the time to correct it :oops:

I am in general agreement with the scenario that many if not most craters are formed by a discharge explosion before or just at the moment of impact, vs the bullet and apple analogy.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Shelgeyr

Unread post by Shelgeyr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:45 am

starbiter wrote:(quoting in part) This is similar to, but not matching, the Poles of Mars, which Wal Thornhill discusses in the link below.
http://www.holoscience.com/wp/mystery-o ... r-spirals/
If the atmosphere had been choked with external dust at the time of the lightning bolt the results might have been different.
michael
I still think relevant forces - at planetary scales - have formed our planet's geology and/or structure.
Shelgeyr
Sometimes I feel like a tiger’s got my leg...

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 am

Hello Shelgeyr,

I searched "relevant forces" and can't figure out Your usage of the word.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&out ... 41&bih=584

Your link shows something happening over Afghanistan. I agree with this. The link below shows the center of the event. Just zoom out.

http://goo.gl/maps/ayr0T

The Alps and Himalayas grow out of the event, IMHO.

http://goo.gl/maps/AUb4g

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Shelgeyr

Unread post by Shelgeyr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 am

starbiter wrote:Hello Shelgeyr,

I searched "relevant forces" and can't figure out Your usage of the word.
Sorry, Michael, I wasn't being clear. By "relevant forces" I was simply referring to the whole gamut ranging from EDM scarring, electrical deposition, plasma discharge "burn scars" (which I guess are a type of EDM), and IMHO electromagnetic forces which (A) I assume are strongly in play during a gigantic discharge event, and (B) are likely responsible for any (or at least "most") of the geologic features which display some sort of rotation. I like the term "geologic vortex" but I don't know if that's strictly accurate.

I wasn't trying to be overly-mystical or unclear... It is just that while we're attempting to explain crater formation I wouldn't want us to lose sight that there seems to be some pretty strong evidence that far larger structures, on a planetary scale (including - again IMHO - the planet itself) were formed by the same EM discharge forces that on a smaller scale formed craters.

To take this further, I'd like to suggest that just as a "rim crater" could be formed by an EDM "after thought" on the edge of a larger crater, and that the formation of either would have been spectacular to see (should there have been any survivors to the event), even the largest craters on our planet could probably be seen as a minor "oh, yeah, and that discharge also made that crater" type of thing compared to whatever major discharge was going on.

I'm rereading what I just wrote, and I think I've done a fairly poor job of explaining what I mean, so bear with me and I'll try to follow up in the near future with either a better explanation, or graphics, or both.
Shelgeyr
Sometimes I feel like a tiger’s got my leg...