How did Nikola Tesla Invent?

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Drethon

How did Nikola Tesla Invent?

Unread post by Drethon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:04 pm

By many, Nikola Tesla is considered to one of the greatest inventors and far ahead of his time. Is there any records on how Tesla went about inventing? Was it mathematics or intuition or something else?

303vegas

Re: How did Nikola Tesla Invent?

Unread post by 303vegas » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 am

From what I can remember of his technique, he relied largely on intuition and inspiration. he would think things through in his head as much as possible and then use standard techniques to provide designs and to work out the finer points.

You can't really invent things using maths, it's just a tool to help us work things out and, as with all processes and tools, its reliability is limited. I think that one of the best features of this whole site is in showing how over-reliance on mathematics has led to some very blind alleys. The physical world is where things actually happen.
love from lancashire!

jone dae

Re: How did Nikola Tesla Invent?

Unread post by jone dae » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 pm

-Did Nikola Tesla know G.I. Gurdjieff? Some of Gurdjieff's writings suggest that he did, before Tesla moved to America, and they may have met later when Gurdjieff went to America. See also http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=8&t=7965

Dr. Jone Dae.