Cook's Saturnian Cosmology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Cook's Saturnian Cosmology

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:36 pm

* We've been discussing Cook some on several threads and I think Andrew wanted to have a thread on his stuff, so here it is. Below is the Table of Contents for his online book at http://saturniancosmology.org.
North American Cataclysm
* The best Chapter seems to me to be #9. There he shows that North America was hit by an electrical plasmaspheric contact with another planet, which produced a heat wave, which melted surface rock and glacial ice and incinerated all life forms on the continent, then the Great Lakes seem to have formed via interplanetary electric discharges, which lifted dirt and rock from the sites, pulverized it into sand and silt, mixed it with water vapor or steam and slung great gobs of the stuff in all directions, forming the Carolina Bays, the glacial loam and silt of Illinois etc, the Nebraska sand dunes etc.
Dating Method
* One of his main flaws seems to be reliance on conventional dating methods. Brown's online hydroplate book at http://creationscience.com has good explanations showing that radioactive decay was likely greatly accelerated by electrical forces during a geologically recent catastrophism, when sedimentary rock strata formed the continents.
* But Cook has a lot of detailed info on possible encounters between various planets, esp. involving Earth. He doesn't provide a lot of detailed evidence, but enough to help.
Recovering the Lost World, A Saturnian Cosmology
http://saturniancosmology.org
Chapter 1: Introduction
[The Sledgehammer of Ignorance] [The Other Side of the Coin] [Disbelieving the Historic Record] [What this Site Is About] [The History of Objections] [Validation] [Endnotes]
Chapter 2: A Synopsis.
[Missing Evidence] [A Synopsis] [New Findings] [Contents and Resources] [Endnotes]
Chapter 3: The Osiris Mystery.
[Introduction] [The Osiris Mystery] [David Talbott's Saturn] [Adding a Plasma Connection] [The Talbott/Thornhill model] [Objections] [Endnotes]
Chapter 4: The Nevada Conference.
[Nevada Conference] [Initial Conditions] [A Comet's Path] [Ice Cover] [Seasonal Plants] [Periodic Extinctions] [Below the Pole] [New Postulates] [Endnotes]
Chapter 5: The Absu and Speculation.
[Equatorial Rings] [Two Volcanoes on a Rock] [Methods] [Scientific Dogma] [Speculation] [History] [Endnotes]
Chapter 6: Alternate Cosmology.
[The Accepted Model] [Two Alternative Cosmologies] [The Solar System] [Something is Wrong] [Saturn In the Solar System] [The Genesis of Life] [Endnotes]
Chapter 7: Ice Ages and Humans.
[Recent Glaciations] [Ice Ages and Humans] [Homo erectus] [Homo sapiens] [Endnotes]
Chapter 8: Tunguska and Chicxulub.
[An Electrical Interaction] [The Stratosphere] [Tunguska] [Chicxulub] [Grand Canyon] [Great Lakes detonation] [Endnotes]
Chapter 9: Event of the Younger Dryas.
[Laurentide Glacier] [Sequence of Events] [The Great Lakes] [Carolina Bays] [Earlier Contacts] [Endnotes]
Chapter 10: Time Line and Gimbutas.
[The Hypsithermal] [Below Saturn] [The Saturnian Planets] [Time line] [Neolithic Figurines] [Objections to Gimbutas] [Endnotes]
Chapter 11: Saturn and Archaeology.
[The Hand Axe] [Lascaux] [Catal Huyuk] [Endnotes]
Chapter 12: The Peratt Column.
[The Peratt Column] [The Opossum] [Nazca lines] [The Popol Vuh] [Survey of the World] [Ley Lines] [God speaks to Job] [The Stones at Carnac] [Manu towed to safety] [The Hearth of Sky] [Lepenski Vir] [Sheela Na Gig] [Fish-man Oannes] [Mari the Spinner] [Neith of the Arrows] [Magic Mountain Islands] [The Kojiki] [Cerberus of Hades] [The Phoenix] [Pacific Islands] [The Prose Edda] [Plasmoid dates] [Endnotes]
Chapter 13: The Creation.
[Starting from Chaos] [An Unexpected Flood] [The Egg] [The Creation] [The Eye of Ra] [Petroglyphs] [The City on the Horizon] [Endnotes]
Chapter 14: The Start of Time.
[Horus the Hawk] [The Celestial Display] [The Start of Time] [The First Land] [The God Visits Earth] [Depicting the Past] [The Gifts of the Gods] [Living in Paradise] [Endnotes]
Chapter 15: The Era of the Gods.
[The King List] [Dating the Age of the Gods] [Barrows] [Henges] [Temples and Platforms] [The Gods Destroy Earth] [Endnotes]
Chapter 16: The World Flood.
[The Flood] [The Battle of the Gods] [The Absu and Duat] [Endnotes]
Chapter 17: The Gods Leave.
[The Gods Leave] [Return of the Axis Mundi] [A New Era] [Endnotes]
Chapter 18: Pyramids and Henges.
[Horus on his Mountain] [The Palermo Stone] [The Pyramids of Egypt] [Barrows after 3100 BC] [Henges after 3100 BC] [Endnotes]
Chapter 19: Midnight Sun.
[The Midnight Sun] [The Temple Cultures] [Something is Missing] [Consciousness] [Bicameral Kingdoms] [The Flood of Noah] [A Second Strike] [Endnotes]
Chapter 20: The Flood of Noah.
[The Flood Reconsidered] [The Fall of the Absu] [The Moon on Fire] [The Flood from the Sky] [The Lifetime of Abraham] [The Extinction of Jupiter] [The Career of Jupiter] [Endnotes]
Chapter 21: Day of the Dead.
[Blood and Alcohol] [The Ten Suns] [The Day of the Dead] [The Twin Peaks] [the Enuma Elish] [the Book of the Dead] [24th and 23rd Century BC] [Recap and Reactions] [The Moon Dies] [Return of the Axis Mundi] [The Tower of Babel] [The First Histories] [The Return of Mars] [Endnotes]
Chapter 22: The Exodus of Moses.
[The Terror of Venus] [The Messenger Gods] [Moses and Yahweh] [The Ark of Yahweh] [The Psychosis of Yahweh] [Return of the Axis Mundi] [Joshua and Jericho] [Abandoned by the Gods] [Endnotes]
Chapter 23: Destruction by Mars.
[The Ballgame] [The Ragings of Mars] [The Winged Disk] [Calendar Reforms] [A Blast From Heaven] [The Death of Quetzalcoatl] [Endnotes]
Chapter 24: The Tablets of Ammizaduga.
[The Tablets of Ammizaduga] [The Golden Throne] [The Blazing Star] [The Bolt from Jupiter] [The Planets in the Sky] [The Twins] [The Last Changes] [Endnotes]
Chapter 25: The Hour of Phaethon.
[Dating The Events] [Hour of the Thunderbolt] [The Start of History] [A New Order of the Sky] [The Sky in Disarray] [A Change in the Equinox] [Endnotes]
Chapter 26: Hezekiah and Babylon.
[The Star in the Crescent] [The Sibylline Star Wars] [Hezekiah and Babylon] [Philosophy, Religion, Science] [The New Religions] [Philosophy and Science] [Holding On to the Past] [The Presence of God] [Endnotes]
Chapter 27: Sibylline Star Wars.
[The Sibylline Star Wars] [The Great Year] [The Opening Text] [New Locations of the Stars] [Conclusions About Dates] [Nonnos's Dionysiaca] [Two Meteors] [Dating the Denderah Zodiac] [Endnotes]
Chapter 28: Language and Causality.
[Consciousness] [Becoming Human] [Language Development] [Boat People] [Languages and Texts] [Subjective Consciousness] [Children] [Endnotes]
Chapter 29: The Maya Calendar.
[The Beginning of Time] [The First Calendar] [An Intermediate Calendar] [The Tzolkin Calendar] [Modification of the Tzolkin] [The Haab Calendar] [The Long Count] [The Katun Cycle] [The Four Ages] [Endnotes]
Chapter 30: The Maya Chilam Balam.
[Introduction] [The Katun Cycle] [The Start of History] [Author's Introduction] [The Thirteen: Saturn] [The Nine: Jupiter] [Nine Lives: Mars] [The Four Trees] [Katun 9-Ahau: Ten-Sky] [Katun 7-Ahau: Venus] [The 2349 BC Event] [The Moon] [Katun 5-Ahau: Jupiter Returns] [The Burning Tower] [The Planted Timbers] [Katun 3-Ahau: the Sun] [The 8th Century BC] [The day of Kan] [The Flowers] [Saturn] [Jupiter] [The End of History] [Recap of Book 10] [Endnotes]
Chapter 31: The Olmec Record of the Past.
[Introduction] BEFORE CREATION: [An Outline] [The Three-cornered Stone] [The Endless Night] [God Wakes up] [The Six Winds] [The Opossum] [Peratt Discontinuities] [The Nova Event] [The Rings] [God's Heaven] [Lowering of Mars] [End of Creation] [Large Spans of Time] A SURVEY OF THE WORLD: [Beyond the Rivers] [The Bees] [The Survey] [Cozumel] THE THIRD CREATION: [The Calendar, the Moon] [The Dates] [The Gallows] [Endnotes]
Chapter 32: Olmec Site Alignments.
[A Crisis of the Sun] [The Sun Returns] [Dates and Alignments] [Izapa] [Edzna] [Olmec sites] [San Lorenzo] [La Venta] [Other Sites] [Teotihuacan] [Monte Alban] [Divergent Alignments] [The Pleiades] [Summary of Alignments] [History] [Endnotes]
Chapter 33: The Day of Kan.
[The Day of Kan] [2349 BC] [1492 BC] [747 BC] [3114 BC] [685 BC] [The Course of the "May"] [San Lorenzo] [Monto Alto] [Tres Zapotes] [La Venta] [The Third Conquest] [Monte Alban] [Teotihuacan] [Tula] [Cholula] [Summary] [Endnotes]
Chapter 34: The Popol Vuh.
[Introduction] [Book 1: Creation] [Northern Gods] [Southern Gods] [The Survey] [Mud People] [Seven-Macaw] [Book 2: Seven-Macaw] [Celestial Bird] [Zipacna] [Earthquake] [Book 3: The Ballgame] [One-Hunahpu and Seven-Hunahpu] [One-Monkey and One-Artisan] [First Ballgame] [Blood Moon] [Hunahpu and Xbalanque] [Later Ballgame] [Planted Maize] [To Xibalba] [Bowls of Flowers] [Into the Oven] [Book 4: Tulan] [Cornmeal Mountain] [First Four Fathers] [Waiting for Dawn] [Tribal Gods] [The Dawning] [Bundle of Flames] [Book 5: The Quiche Nation] [Endnotes]

Orthogonal

Re: Cook's Saturnian Cosmology

Unread post by Orthogonal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks for the info, I had read his site years ago, looks like there is a lot of new info so I'll be giving it a look. I really like his comprehensive approach in trying to build a chronological model. Very good insights, that is one component that I think is lacking in the Thunderbolts productions. In many of the articles and video's, the context of the timeline isn't always clear. The broad scope and presentation is compelling enough to demonstrate that this did in fact occur, but I think they could do better in establishing chronology.

I was unware that Peratt identified many of the plasma column rock art as depictions of discharge at the South pole. This is news to me. Were there columns at both poles then? I guess it is not that surprising since the discharge wouldn't just stop when getting to Earth but continue through like the rest of the planets in the alignment, but this is something that Thunderbolts has not addressed as far as I know.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:10 pm

I've been away for a few days, so I didn't get a chance to follow up on this thread since I posted the OP.

Southerly Polar Column etc
I've previously posted info from Cardona about Peratt's finding about a plasma column toward the south pole depicted in many ancient petroglyphs. I posted Cardona's comment either on the Cardona Interview thread, or one of the Saturn threads on the EU Planetary Science board or something. He said it appeared that from Earth's perspective Saturn drifted south as the Saturn System was breaking up and the polar column or something was then last seen toward the south pole. But Cook seems to have a plausible alternative view, though I'm not certain what his view is. My impression is that he may claim that the column seen in the south was associated with 3 plasmoids that connected by one or more visible lines in the sky to the column in the north; and a planet or something that had a squarish shape like a thunderbird moved along that line, maybe each day or so. He also says Earth had a ring, initially several rings, like Saturn's rings, which somehow were associated with what looked like an ocean in the sky.

Andrew

"Recovering the Lost World" - Jno Cook

Unread post by Andrew » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Anyone interested in pursuing a discussion of Cook’s seminal work, “Recovering the Lost World?" He updates his web book weekly if he feels changes are warranted, so he has an open ear:

http://www.saturniancosmology.org/

IMO, his work is essential for anyone wanting to take a deeper look at the likely chronology of cataclysmic Earth changes since the end of the last ice age. In addition he posits solar and Earth events prior to this period. Some readers are stunned to see so many specific dates attributed to planetary incursions. However, if you spend enough time with his material you will learn how he substantiates these. I find it exciting, because he is one of the few people willing to take this plunge and connect various dots that help tie in various developments in human society.

Some of his basic beliefs on the Saturnian configuration and its formation are different from Talbott and Cardona, but much follows a similar course, yet fleshed out in much greater detail.

In this thread I hope to compare and contrast his conclusions with the mainstream Thunderbolts storyline, plus delve into some of his completely original thoughts. I am not a scientist or scholar, nor any kind of expert, but have spent a lot of time with all this material. I don’t have any skin in this game other than a desire to find answers to mysteries that resonate with me.

Whether you feel Cook is right or wrong on various points, he has many gems that are worth teasing out and taking a look at. I hope to do this in this thread and encourage others to do likewise.

Here’s the first eye opener:

The Venus figurines in Europe, with an initial dating of 28,000 – 24,000 BCE, then disappearing, then appearing again over the next 26,000 years, were sculptural images of the planetary arrangements in the northern sky. The bulbous rings, as also seen in the Michelin man, were the comas that enveloped each planet, with glow mode plasma pinches where the fat rolls pulled inwards. Saturn was at the center of the configuration. Uranus and Neptune were above, and Mars below. There is additional evidence to also include Mercury and Venus. This fat pile changed over time as the conjunction altered, and this was reflected in later Venus figurines that were drawn out in a more skinny fashion, and other times portrayed as a fat woman sitting down.

In this observation, we already have diversion from the usual Talbott Saturnian stack. Uranus, Neptune, and Mercury have not been included in this scheme by other scholars, so take a dive and see why he includes these planets:

http://www.saturniancosmology.org/gim.php
Don't believe everything you think...

Lloyd

Re: "Recovering the Lost World" - Jno Cook

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Why did you start this thread? I already started a thread to discuss Cook's theory.

Moderator note: the threads have been merged

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Great...nice synchronicity, Lloyd - both of us moving ahead in wanting a similar thread.

Orthogonal....Cook makes strong reference to the three southern plasmoids that Peratt wrote about, seen in petroglyphs. It appears true that the Thunderbolts storyline hasn't incorporated it. These plasmoids also were periodically connected back up to Saturn via plasma streams. At some point this phenomenon fell away. Cook has detailed these interactions and said that they were an early, early development before all the action in the northern planetary conjunction.

Also important to note is Cook's focus on the Earth's equatorial rings as an early phenomenon. He conjectures that this was the Egyptian Duat and the Mesopotamian Absu. Imagine these multiple rings circulating in different directions and in different densities. To these cultures, this appeared as a type of moving sea with all kinds of imagery possible to imagine in it. For those Mediterranean cultures it appeared as an arc in the sky rising above the Earth horizon in the south. This was the underworld for them. There's also the story of the shadow or doorway that was seen against the Duat, created sometimes by the Earth blocking the Sun's rays. This was the land of the parted, the underworld that the Egyptians were so focused on.

Later, all the rings were blown out of the sky (read Cook) except the innermost red colored ring. This was considered a snake-like form and called the Apep. It is possibly the origin of the Ouroboros.

In summation, there was a lot going on in the southern sky that seems to have been missed by many mainstream Saturnians. The whole human experience for a time was centered both on the raised arc of rings (Duat-Absu) with the plasmoids behind them (further south), and the northern planetary conjunction. Humans thus lived in Middle Earth in a type of bowl or valley. Both the northern and southern skies reared up with drama. Imagine that!

Take a gander around Cook's site and you will be amazed. All Saturnians need to flesh out more of this information. Why this material hasn't arisen with Talbott and Cardona is a mystery.

ifrean

Unread post by ifrean » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 am

really good insights, his work resonates in a deeply satisfying way, if nothing its a jolly good read

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Here's another deeply satisfying vision laid out by Cook, which I resonate with:

The elegant European cave paintings of aurochs, horses, antelope and more, originated prior to the recent period when the Saturnian stack of planets formed. These paintings predate the abstract petroglyphs seen in the out-of-doors which were the pictorial representations of plasma events, whether the three plasmoids in the south (Peratt), the streamers leading up to Saturn (Peratt), or the plasma column of the northern planetary conjunction.

These paintings of herds of animals appear as if they are floating overhead, with no grasses or soil upon which to stand. One of Cook's conjectures is that these animals, seemingly roaming across the heavens, are actually representations of cometary/asteroid/meteor displays. How else might early man represent such a dramatic display in the sky? By painting balls of light or billiard balls? Maybe....

The rationale for these roaming bolloids, according to Cook, is that they were pulled out of the asteroid belt by Saturn and its previously attendant satellite's gravitational(?) influence as they roamed through the inner reaches of the solar system. These early peoples didn't have the later dramatic planetary conjunctions and plasmoids to wonder about, but they did have their own kind of sky drama.

There's even the thought that the mystery chevron signs that accompany some paintings might have been an early way to count multiples of these flaming bolloids.

This conjecture departs from 'mainstream' Saturnian views in that Cook believes that Saturn has been coming and going through the solar system for millions of years, having lost the Earth 250 million years ago to the Sun's influence. Saturn returns periodically in its huge elliptical orbit and then engages Earth and other planets it once was entrained with as part of its original brown dwarf plasmasphere. Cook, Talbott and Cardona all have the same vision of the Earth's genesis, but differ on when it broke up. An important aspect of Cook's belief is that Saturn's return visits have been the cause of many of the Earth's catastrophes over many millions of years.

Fascinating, don't you think? Read up first before you comment on these wild hairs! Cook deserves a thorough read. I am only paraphrasing something he writes about extensively.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Supercontinent Formed and Broke up
There seems to be strong evidence that about all of the sedimentary rock layers making up the continents were laid down all at once in a single catastrophe, forming a supercontinent. Soon after that the supercontinent must have broken up into the present continents.

Large Lakes Drained and Eroded Grand Canyon
And within a few centuries after all that, before the layers of mud, lime, sand, silt etc hardened into solid rock, the Grand Canyon formed by water erosion when Grand and Hopi Lakes breached. If the sedimentary layers had hardened before the lakes breached, the river currents would not have been strong enough to erode the canyon to anywhere near its present depth.

Erosion of Soft Sediment vs. Erosion of Solid Rock
We all know it takes much less flowing water to erode mud and sand than it does to erode hard bedrock. It's easy to imagine water draining from two very large lakes being able to erode a deep canyon through mud and sand in a few weeks or months. But it's hard to imagine the same amount of water eroding a mile-deep canyon through solid rock in such a short time.

Dating the Grand Canyon
The last step in this chain of reasoning is to date the Grand Canyon. I guess I'll have to check out the material at creationscience.com to find Brown's evidence that it should be dated to not much more than 5,000 years ago. I'd say maybe 10,000 years ago myself. If this reasoning is correct, then Cook's theory about anything being known to have happened before formation of the supercontinent would be wrong. Any human records existing in or on the sediments laid down during its formation would not have existed before that event maybe 10,000 years ago. If I'm not right, why am I not?

moses

Unread post by moses » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:10 pm

If I'm not right, why am I not?
Lloyd

Sediment is laid down in one event worldwide, and then shortly afterwards whilst the sediment is still soft the continents and oceans are formed and then during this, or just after, water plus sediment drains into the Pacific forming the Grand Canyon whilst the sediment disappears from the Pacific. No !

I say again that the evidence is clear cut that there was more than one event of laminar sedimentation and the geological boundaries are clear, being described as catastophic changes. So it is very unlikely that the lower layers of sediment were still soft when the Grand Canyon was formed, so the EDM model looks more likely.

And the Earth undergoing expansion breaking up the newly laid sediment, is too wild a theory. Having the oceans formed by EDM is much better and explains where the sediment came from, although I still feel that much of the sediment came from another planet, and thus the EDM occurred during a close encounter of the Earth with another planet.
Mo

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 pm

How about keeping this thread relevant to Cook's work. Formation of super continents, erosion of the grand canyon, etc, is an interesting issue, but it's not really germane to the main thrust of what Cook is presenting to the public.

Cook has a big picture offering. I'd like to see a discussion of some of his novel ideas, rather than bringing quandries here and trying to show that they don't fit with his paradigm.

promethean

Unread post by promethean » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey Andrew...figured I'd chime in with the Cook choir... YES !...it resonates with my thinking too,; I had a brief discussion with Jno Cook re: Earth Expansion Theory and he seemed reluctant to "go there" with that concept ( to my surprise) but in re-reading his site I am not satisfied with his treatment of the topic. It seems to me that the energies we contemplate that have impacted the Earth are more than sufficient to actually increase the mass of our planet. This would explain the gravitational history and rapid changes the megafauna/flora experienced .What do you think?
Cook's descriptions and elaborations of the Jupiter plasmoids as well as the nova events of the inner planets are intriguing...WTF? The human psyche is more than challenged... :shock:
"History teaches everything,even the future." Alphonse de Lamartine (1790-1869)

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Promethan,

I'm not really up on the earth expansion discussion, so can't really add my two cents. I'll have to read deeper.

It is amazing that Cook has so much Jupiter information. I am blown away by his web book and am still ingesting it. All I can say is bravo for pushing the envelope. I'm actually relatively new to all this info., so am trying to be open to everyone's opinions.

I'm stimulated by his dating, backed by the sophistication of his ephemeris tables. He's actually made calculations by taking into account past eras when the earth had a different orbit and hence length of year.

I don't think most people realize how much effort he's put into his research. I appreciate his drive to nail down the dates of the cataclysms and match them up with transformational events in human society. To think that the Exodus and Moses on the Mount is affiliated with an acute planetary disturbance starts to make perfect sense. I am tripping out on the synchronicities....

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Andrew: To think that the Exodus and Moses on the Mount is affiliated with an acute planetary disturbance starts to make perfect sense. I am tripping out on the synchronicities....
* You should provide links to where he said that, so we could look it up and read the context. And or you should add more details, if you have the time, so we understand better what you're talking about.
* Cook provides a lot of interesting materials and ideas, but most of it doesn't seem at all substantial yet. Only the Younger Dryas event seems well explained by him. His acceptance of conventional dating seems to be one of his major failings. Talbott, Cardona and others are working on similar aspects of the Saturn Theory and they tend to be more thorough in their science, I think, so I expect they'll provide more certain info for us eventually. The next EU Conference should be providing more such info.
* I decided to go ahead and look up some of the relevant material myself.
http://saturniancosmology.org/pdf/Satur ... 0Moses.pdf
I should point out also that the electrical contact with Venus was the core of Velikovsky’s book Worlds in Collision, where it is supposed that Venus traveled on a path that brought it close to Earth -- "nearly collided." This of course is nonsense(1), since planets do not alter their orbits to nearly collide with one another. If this had happened, we would not be here to tell the tale of Venus. Argueing backward, it is obvious that Mars after 800 BC did come very close, with an unbelievable amount of damage done to Earth by such a tiny planet.(2) If this had been Venus, Earth would have been destroyed. The contact, the "near collision" with Venus, happened at a separation distance, I estimate, of some 10,000,000 miles. Many catastrophists still accept Velikovsky’s ideas. Others, such as Talbott, Thornhill, and Cardona of the Thunderbolts group, hold that nothing ever happened: not with Venus in 1500 BC (the period under discussion here)(3) or with Mars after 800 BC (covered in a later chapter)(4). Considering (as I do) the huge assembly of mythology which recounts these events, spread over three continents, with Mesoamerica detailing this with identifyable dates, I am astounded at the oversight. What else could be to be expected as the winding down of the cataclysm of 3147 BC with the removal of Saturn except further adjustments and interactions of the loosened planets?

(1) I don't think Cook made a good case for his claim that it's nonsense to suppose that Venus could have nearly collided with Earth. Did he? If Earth, Mars and Venus were satellites of Saturn and were dispersed when the Saturn System broke up, then why could there not have been near collisions?
(2) Is it really so obvious that Mars encountered the Earth after 800 BC? What evidence does he present?
(3&4) I believe he's wrong about them saying nothing ever happened with Venus or Mars. I think they just don't agree with his dating. I believe they say the encounters occurred earlier at about the time of the Saturn System breakup.
* If you guys have time, I hope you'll get into some details like this, because we'd all probably learn more that way.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks for keeping the thread going, Lloyd. I will try and add reference links to Cook's material when I can. I'm only able to offer links to his HTML pages, which are full chapters.

I don't have a comeback to some of the challenges that you present, as I am only newly familiar to the material. Perhaps Jno will show up here from time to time...we'll see...

I may or may not be able to add my own critical, science based observations to the conversation. At this point I'm just an observer and a reporter wanting to compare and contrast different people's theories. I'm stimulated by the overall subject matter and am willing to entertain various conjectures without nailing it down into a firm belief. I enjoy the narrative of the human story as it relates to the planetary catastrophes and so am am able to satisfy myself with the big picture. I like hearing novel ideas and sharing them. Others can hash out the details. More power to your efforts in pinning things down...