Climate Change

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:49 am

The Army is weighing in on the global warming debate, claiming that climate change is not man-made. Instead, Dr. Bruce West, with the Army Research Office, argues that "changes in the earth’s average surface temperature are directly linked to ... the short-term statistical fluctuations in the Sun’s irradiance and the longer-term solar cycles."

In an advisory to bloggers entitled "Global Warming: Fact of Fiction [sic]," an Army public affairs official promoted a conference call with West about "the causes of global warming, and how it may not be caused by the common indicates [sic] some scientists and the media are indicating."

In the March, 2008 issue of Physics Today, West, the chief scientist of the Army Research Office's mathematical and information science directorate, wrote that "the Sun’s turbulent dynamics" are linked with the Earth's complex ecosystem. These connections are what is heating up the planet. "The Sun could account for as much as 69 percent of the increase in Earth’s average temperature," West noted.

It's a position that puts West at odds with nearly every major scientific organization on the planet. "The American Meteorological Society, the American Geophysical Union, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science all have issued statements in recent years concluding that the evidence for human modification of climate is compelling," Science magazine observes. So has the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore, for their work on global warming.

West acknowledges that the IPCC and other scientific groups have "conclude[d] that the contribution of solar variability to global warming is negligible." He argues that these groups have done a poor job modeling the Sun's impact, however, and that's why they have "significantly over-estimated" the "anthropogenic contribution to global warming."

In recent days, the science and politics of climate change have once again taken center stage. NASA's Inspector General just issued a report, acknowledging that political appointees "reduced, marginalized or mischaracterized climate change science made available to the general public." Yesterday, the Senate began debating a bill that would cap carbon dioxide emissions -- considered one of the leading causes of man-made global warming.

UPDATE: "The Army does not have a position on global warming. Dr. West is an Army chief scientist, and is presenting one alternative theory to the cause of global warming," Army spokesperson Lindy Dinklage tells Danger Room. "This research is just some amongst thousands of studies being conducted by Army Scientists across the globe."

Okay. But the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs chose to promote just this one study. And when Army public affairs rolls out research from an Army chief scientist -- with no clarifications that these are just his private views -- I think it's fair to call that an official endorsement.
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/06/a ... lobal.html
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Vek

Re: Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change

Unread post by Vek » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:19 pm

As you head into the dark rift for galactic alignment, all solar bodies shall feel the heat from passing through this denser region and come 2012 perhaps a little more besides.
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:31 pm

As you head into the dark rift for galactic alignment, all solar bodies shall feel the heat from passing through this denser region and come 2012 perhaps a little more besides.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I *think* if you add one more comma you will have a Haiku.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Faderbaby wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I *think* if you add one more comma you will have a Haiku.
I think you are both correct.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Tzunamii

WEATHER CHANNEL FOUNDER: 'I ask Al Gore, where's the global

Unread post by Tzunamii » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscor ... 42304.html

"There is no significant man made global warming. There has not been any in the past, there is none now and there is no reason to fear any in the future. The climate of Earth is changing. It has always changed. But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces."

3 cheers.

webolife

Re: WEATHER CHANNEL FOUNDER: 'I ask Al Gore, where's the global

Unread post by webolife » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:38 pm

If we concede, which I don't by the way, to all of the figures given by the global warming gurus, I figure the following:
CO2 accounts for about .4% of the atmosphere in a CO2 rich state. At high humidity H2O accounts for a bout 1% of the earth's atmosphere.
H2O is the primary global warming gas, CO2 the second and methane and trace third, with a few other trace trace elements added to the list.
Humans allegedly contribute about 4% of the total CO2 budget, through expiration, industry, exhaust and whatever. This leaves us with about 1.6% of the blame for global warming at most if we concede to all of the inflated allegations of Gore et.al, which, again , I don't.
With out going all math teacher on y'all, I come to the conclusion that if humans were to disappear suddenly off the face of the earth, 98.4 %of the causes of global warming would continue to happen. Why not target the real culprit, water. Now there's a nasty substance for you. Think of all the drownings and boat accidents that could be avoided if we just got rid of all the water! And it contributes to global warming at over twice the rate of CO2. One solution might be to bottle up all the water and dump it in the bottom of the ocean somewhere... oh wait... To solve the methane problem, all we need to do is cut down all the forests and burn up the wood... if it rots it will contribute over 90% of the methane budget, which we're trying to reduce. C'mon don't laugh, this is serious!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

I simply don't have time or the hard drive space in my head to digest another politico-industrio-govern-mental 'religion'/"belief" system.

Besides. Wasn't there an article somewhere that gave account of someone 'reverse engineering' an AlGorerhythm only to find that it was geared to give higher temperature results and NASA subsequently downgraded temperature past temps over the last decade or so as a result of that?

Anyone remember or have that article?
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

StevenO

Unread post by StevenO » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 am

Not sure if this is what you mean, but this link gives a good refutation of the 'hockeystick' temperature curve data:
http://www.oftwominds.com/journal/globa ... g6-07.html
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 am

But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces."
That is an outright lie. If you look at natural diversity, and natural ecology, we have made an incredible impact on the way nature is allowed to flourish or die...we tend to kill, spray, posion, manicure, segregate, annililate, as much of nature as we can...what does it really matter what the weather is, if there are no rainforest or animals?
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:42 pm

"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 pm

junglelord wrote:
But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces."
That is an outright lie. If you look at natural diversity, and natural ecology, we have made an incredible impact on the way nature is allowed to flourish or die...we tend to kill, spray, posion, manicure, segregate, annililate, as much of nature as we can...what does it really matter what the weather is, if there are no rainforest or animals?
Quite right milord Jungle, but don't forget that we are a part of nature too. We can't do anything that goes against the rules even though we have free will. We are just creation creating.

With regard to the other stuff about information check out amanesis (it works for me).

I had no idea that Michael Talbot was dead. The guy had some interesting ideas.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

moses

Unread post by moses » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Quite right milord Jungle, but don't forget that we are a part of nature too. We can't do anything that goes against the rules even though we have free will. We are just creation creating. Grey Cloud

Thought and ideas lead to different action to that derived from animal
senses and reactions. To have free will means that we could produce
action arising from the non-physical, because all other thought and
emotion comes from physical effects which follow cause and effect.
Mo

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 am

We can't do anything that goes against the rules even though we have free will.
I understand what you mean, but I disagree with the way you word it. In reference to the Laws of Nature (rules), we are at odds.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

Plasmatic

Ice melt and electric currents

Unread post by Plasmatic » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 pm

I was thinking about the alleged ice melt increase lately and thought about the potential effects of electric fields on ice. I came up with tons of info.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... +FORMATION

It seems this would be a fruitful avenue of research in climate and such. Theres several mentions of ice inhibition under electric fields.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

ElecGeekMom

Re: Ice melt and electric currents

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 pm

In Svensmark's book "The Chilling Stars", he makes the point that Antarctica's temp warms when the rest of the world cools; and cools when the rest of the world warms.

If electric currents cause chilling of water when run over the surface of the water, does that mean that greater amounts of current from cosmic sources will cause our poles to freeze more and the rest of the earth to warm? And when that current subsides, then our poles warm and the rest of the earth cools?

Or where does the current come from? Does the current come from the sun, or from elsewhere in the cosmos?

I don't understand the effects of the various emissions from the sun. AGWers seem to obsess about TSI and its lack of variability...but there have been major changes in the magnetic effects of the sun since late 2005...right?

I would like to see a graphic of the electromagnetic spectrum with notations as to what effects on the earth's weather are caused by which parts of the spectrum. I don't suppose anyone has done something like that, have they?