Electronic Structure of DNA

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Tina

Electronic Structure of DNA

Unread post by Tina » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:05 am

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 022808.php

DNA is Electronic - the heart functions by Electromagnetism - it goes on and on! Are we just electronic computers but with subjective consciousness? And if we are basically electronic computers what is our power supply? I'm just thinking aloud here :roll: actually.

starbiter

Re: Electronic Structure of DNA

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 am

Just a thought. Without Vit. D, we die. My mother passed away during the winter 3 years ago. I researched light therapy and came up with life saving info my family refused. http://downloads.truthpublishing.com/Sunlight.pdf http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/light.html My health advisor recommends walking barefoot, especially in the salty, conducting ocean. michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:03 pm

My deepest sympathies Starbiter.

Interesting that you guys should mention this. I just finished reading Electrogenetics last night, Particularly Biological Crystal Theory. There are two interesting things here. As of late I've researching 'Liquid Crystals'. This is the same liquid crystal genre that allows LCD monitors to work. By passing voltage across the formations one can influence the alignment of the liquid crystals. As it turns out, according to the Electrogenetics site, the "communication structures" and their "transmission cables" are not only liquid crystal substances but they also work electrically.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

starbiter wrote:Just a thought. Without Vit. D, we die. ....
I don't think Vitamin D deficiency is fatal but can cause physiological problems resulting in bone and muscle weakness. By the therapeis and ideas you mentioned in your post it is becoming clear that we should be investigating the implications of our bodies being electrical devices. Sorry you could not help your family with the information you found.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Solar wrote:My deepest sympathies Starbiter.

As of late I've researching 'Liquid Crystals'. This is the same liquid crystal genre that allows LCD monitors to work. By passing voltage across the formations one can influence the alignment of the liquid crystals. As it turns out, according to the Electrogenetics site, the "communication structures" and their "transmission cables" are not only liquid crystal substances but they also work electrically.
This is interesting :o I'll get back to you after I've looked into it.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Solar wrote:
I just finished reading Electrogenetics last night, Particularly Biological Crystal Theory..
These are fantastic developments in understanding the human electrochemistry!

This video is distantly related to Electrogenetics in that is speaks about the use of human brain circuitry in the design of machines and computers. The point is though that we may ask how do "ideas and thoughts" affect the electrogenics of our brain. Can 'bad thoughts" have the same deforming affects as the demonstrated cigarette smoke? Is there a literal physiological reaction arising from positive or negative thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFUxIquFcQA

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 am

I still say that anyone who hasn't read Becker & Selden's "The Body Electric" or Becker's "Cross Currents" is missing out, and should pick up a copy... Good stuff!

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Tina wrote:
Solar wrote:
I just finished reading Electrogenetics last night, Particularly Biological Crystal Theory..
These are fantastic developments in understanding the human electrochemistry!

This video is distantly related to Electrogenetics in that is speaks about the use of human brain circuitry in the design of machines and computers. The point is though that we may ask how do "ideas and thoughts" affect the electrogenics of our brain. Can 'bad thoughts" have the same deforming affects as the demonstrated cigarette smoke? Is there a literal physiological reaction arising from positive or negative thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFUxIquFcQA
The opening statement of that video is pretty potent. Velcro was developed by mimicking cockle-burs. Needless to say there are multiple mechanical developments that have arisen from observing Nature. I guess it would be a natural step to do the same for computer processors by observing and "reverse engineering" the human brain and how it processes information, stimulus etc. It was also interesting to hear that the human brain can process tons of information in "10 clock cycles". Something that would take a massive amount of computers to even come remotely close to. And it would be very remote.

So for all of the tech-bang wizardry of the modern era, and considering the title of this thread, it's very nice to be reminded that such advancements only approximate the body electric. There was something pleasurable in realizing that again and I sometimes think it's not pointed out enough.

A few pertinent quotes:
Structural analysis of the liquid crystal phases showed that they appeared because such short DNA duplex pairs were able to stick together “end-to-end,” forming rod-shaped aggregates that could then behave like much longer segments of DNA. The sticking was a result of small, oily patches found on the ends of the short DNA segments that help them adhere to each other in a reversible way -- much like magnetic buttons -- as they expelled water in between them...
Liquid crystals -- organic materials related to soap that exhibit both solid and liquid properties -- are commonly used for information displays in computers, flat-panel televisions, cell phones, calculators and watches. Most liquid crystal phase molecules are rod-shaped and have the ability to spontaneously form large domains of a common orientation, which makes them particularly sensitive to stimuli like changes in temperature or applied voltage.
“In essence, the liquid crystal phase condensation selects the appropriate molecular components, and with the right chemistry would evolve larger molecules tuned to stabilize the liquid crystal phase. If this is correct, the linear polymer shape of DNA itself is a vestige of formation by liquid crystal order.”
Article Link

As with cosmology many aspects are associated with temperature as one of the primary causes of some celestial activities. The same temperature dynamic occurs with liquid crystal and is also somewhat overemphasized. DNA can go through a liquid crystal phase and the presence of an electric field, magnetic field, applied voltage etc is also known to affect liquid crystal states including the ability to 'twist'. Since the body normally maintains an average consistent temperature from birth to death it would seem that temperature would not be the primary influence on DNA development over an average lifetime. Therefore I would comparatively say:

We not only live in an electric universe. It apparently resides with us as well.

Liquid Crystal
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Solar wrote:
As with cosmology many aspects are associated with temperature as one of the primary causes of some celestial activities. The same temperature dynamic occurs with liquid crystal and is also somewhat overemphasized. DNA can go through a liquid crystal phase and the presence of an electric field, magnetic field, applied voltage etc is also known to affect liquid crystal states including the ability to 'twist'. Since the body normally maintains an average consistent temperature from birth to death it would seem that temperature would not be the primary influence on DNA development over an average lifetime. Therefore I would comparatively say:

We not only live in an electric universe. It apparently resides with us as well.

Liquid Crystal
Yes we are electric too - and understanding this may help us understand the anomalies of the human condition :twisted: a bit better.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:17 am

Tina wrote:
Yes we are electric too - and understanding this may help us understand the anomalies of the human condition :twisted: a bit better.
:D LOL!!! You're frightening me.

If we consider the Electrogenetics information and look at liquid crystals forming 'transmission pathways' a rather interesting development came circa 1970. Microcrystals were discovered in the pituitary glad via scanning electron microscopy. These same crystals were discovered in the inner ear.
These microcrystals are believed to be responsible for the previously observed second harmonic generation (SHG) in pineal tissue samples and they may also exhibit piezoelectricity, suggesting a unique electromechanical biological transducer mechanism in the human brain.
Microcrystals of calcite in the pineal gland of the human brain

These types of crystals generate voltage via 'mechanical stress'. If sound, light, heat, (the variety of stimuli) are 'vibrations' etc then it appears that some forms of 'awareness' ('consciousness' of the outside world) might be electrical via some sort of resonant piezoelectric 'phase translation' along those 'transmission pathways'.
Today, we know of many crystals which are piezoelectric, some of which can even be found in human bone. Certain ceramics and polymers have exhibited the effect as well.

A piezoelectric crystal consists of multiple interlocking domains which have positive and negative charges. These domains are symmetrical within the crystal, causing the crystal as a whole to be electrically neutral. When stress is put on the crystal, the symmetry is slightly broken, generating voltage. Even a tiny bit of piezoelectric crystal can generate voltages in the thousands

Rareheart

Unread post by Rareheart » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:35 pm

I've been pondering the electronic nature of DNA for a bit, and would like to suggest that DNA acts as an antenna.
An antenna tuned to our own individual specific frequency, capable of both transmission and reception. In other words, each cell is at work receiving, processing and transmitting our experiences moment to moment.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 pm

I just finished teaching a unit on microbiology, and it strikes me afresh that cells are all about electricity:
its harnessing... both in chloroplasts and mitochondria
its conduction/transmission... through ion channels, across the double membrane
its chemistry... electrolysis, diffusion, osmosis, etc.
its mechanics... the formation of liquid crystal microtubules, mitotic "spindle fibres",etc.
its generation/induction... myriads of uses of centrioles, including the bacterial flagellar motor, cilia,
and the induction of piezoelectric effects in photoreceptors, etc.
electochemical neural induction... including the capacitor-like synapses, etc.
To say nothing of the amazing DNA multihelix itself, along with its "pinch" points, just beginning to be uncovered through the field of epigenetics...
We are truly "fearfully and wonderfully made" :D :!:
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:58 pm

You forgot Scalar Impulse Electric conduction along the nerve
:D
DNA has Sacred Geometry in its angles.
That the Jitterbug ability of the Tensegrity Cytoskeleton is a harmonic coupled system with the DNA and the Ground Substance.

those three implications alone are staggering, especially if you know where to take them.
Infact an entire novel could be written about it, or a blog, like mine, where biophysics is explored. My background as both a Structural Therapist and Electronic Technologist have served me well....I am told because I always question why!
8-)

This is exactly where levels of reality, as taught in all medical school, is expressed as a way to be able to integrate the various levels of reality coherently with a proper biophysics model. The goal is to express reality from the non material to the material, to the atomic compounds, to cells, to organs, to systems, to life, in one simple and coherent process of understanding of relationship, structure, function.

Archetypes of profound implications are self evident, nature does not speak english, you must learn her language. These archetypes have the direct relationship of structure and function built into them at every level, as they reappear. These archetypes are the Spiral Vortex Scalar, The Double Layer, The combination of 3, the Zome model and Sacred Geometry and Fractal reproduction at every level of these archetypes.

Structure and Function cannot be seperated. If you construct a model that has structure and function as implicit and fractal, then you have a very good TOE.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Rareheart wrote: In other words, each cell is at work receiving, processing and transmitting our experiences moment to moment.
Rareheart - the antenna idea is very helpful - but I would suggest the sensory organs, nervous system and cardiovascular system are the discernable receptors/transmiters (with vascular and nervous systems energising the message from sensory organs to the heart (processor) which then signals body/brain....

The Electromagnetic function of the Heart suggests that it is actually the first point of "processing" signals rather than just receiving them.

DNA of course controlls all this but the important thing about transmitting, processing and receiving is that it is based on our own subjective responses etc. to the immediate environment we must survive in.

Many Marine life studies show how the transmission/reception of electronic signals govern marine behaviour...It used to be called INSTINCT!

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:20 pm

~
Rareheart wrote:
I've been pondering the electronic nature of DNA for a bit, and would like to suggest that DNA acts as an antenna.
An antenna tuned to our own individual specific frequency, capable of both transmission and reception.
& See Terence McKenna's 1975 "Invisible Landscape", for a full exposition of that thesis.

His "True Hallucinations" is also an absolutely fascinating read, and much less technical.

~