Electric Moon

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Re: ROLLING BOULDER ON MOON

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 am

JB said: If we could solve the " Death Valley moving boulders" (search) maybe it would help with the ones on the Moon!
* We may have solved that at this thread: http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =75#p34180. At least we have theory.
* The rolling boulders on the Moon and Mars seem to be mainly just normal falling rocks, jarred loose by quakes or shocks, which could be caused by electrical or bolide impacts.

seasmith

Re: Electric Moon

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 pm

º
Re: Luna like Earth
Findings Cast Doubt on Moon Origins

Previous research has established that the oxygen isotope composition of lunar samples is indistinguishable from that of Earth. Since 40% of the moon is supposed to have come from Theia (which presumably would have had a different isotope composition), this might spell trouble for the giant impact hypothesis. But it's possible that Earth may have exchanged oxygen gas with the magma disk that later formed the Moon shortly after the collision, explaining why the results are the same.
I
n the new research, published online today in Nature Geoscience, geochemists led by Junjun Zhang at the University of Chicago in Illinois, together with a colleague at the University of Bern in Switzerland, looked at titanium isotopes in 24 separate samples of lunar rock and soil. The proportion of 50Ti to 47Ti is another good indicator of whether a sample came from Earth, and, just as with oxygen, the researchers found the moon's proportion was effectively the same as Earth's and different from elsewhere in the solar system.
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2 ... -orig.html

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon May 21, 2012 11:00 am

I was looking at the LROC WMS Image Map, and it seems fairly obvious by looking at both poles, that there has been much more 'activity' at the poles. I can't think of a reason why impactors would favour those locations to such an extent, but I can think of a reason why there would be far more electrical activity. I have had no responses yet from the astronomers and astrophysicists I have contacted, but surely this is a smoking gun of decent calibre as far as the proposal for the electrical nature of all, or nearly all craters?
http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Gary,

Interesting image.
http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc

What are you asking 'from the astronomers and astrophysicists' ?
Would be nice if they just nailed down this whole "pole" thing. In english.

s

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 pm

What are you asking 'from the astronomers and astrophysicists' ?
Would be nice if they just nailed down this whole "pole" thing. In english.
Just asking if they have an explanation for the higher density, and the 'chewed up' appearance, s.
I'm not holding out much hope for an answer, as I don't think there is one. There are papers that mention the high density, and words like "saturation equilibrium" used, but I'd have to make yet another study out of the subject, and my plate is already piled high. So yes, a simple answer, in English, is my hope.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 pm

1 reply so far...
In my crater counts, I haven't found any particular enhancement of lunar craters at the poles. In fact, modelling suggests the poles should be relatively fewer in craters due to coplanar impactor populations.

Perhaps it's an artifact of higher sun angle so the craters look more dramatic and obvious?
Well, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. I'll give my eyes a good rubbing and look again.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Gary have you seen this yet? Passed on from an interested EUér friend

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-electric-m ... solar.html
“An upstream turbulent region called the ‘foreshock’ has long been known to exist ahead of the Earth’s bow shock, but the discovery of a similar turbulent layer at the Moon is a surprise,” said Dr. William Farrell of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. Farrell is lead of the NASA Lunar Science Institute’s Dynamic Response of the Environment At the Moon (DREAM) team, which contributed to the research.
Computer simulations help explain these observations by showing that a complex electric field near the lunar surface is generated by sunlight and the flow of the solar wind. The simulation reveals this electric field can generate electron beams by accelerating electrons blasted from surface material by solar ultraviolet light. Also, related simulations show that when ions in the solar wind collide with ancient, “fossil” magnetic fields in certain areas on the lunar surface, they are reflected back into space in a diffuse, fountain-shaped pattern. These ions are mostly the positively charged centers (nuclei) of hydrogen atoms, the most common element in the solar wind.
“It’s remarkable that electric and magnetic fields within just a few meters (yards) of the lunar surface can cause the turbulence we see thousands of kilometers away,” says Poppe. Other moons and asteroids in the solar system should have this turbulent layer over their day sides as well, according to the team.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi kiwi, yes I did see it but haven't had a chance to look into it in depth.
“It’s remarkable that electric and magnetic fields within just a few meters (yards) of the lunar surface can cause the turbulence we see thousands of kilometers away,” says Poppe.
The Sun interacting with interstellar space. This same shape is seen with comets too, and also with aircraft shockwaves, and blunt objects moving through fluids. All these examples were leading me to conclude that only an Aether could be responsible, there has to be a dense medium for affects to occur that far ahead of the object. So is it electric and magnetic fields causing the bow shocks, or are the electric and magnetic fields just effects of a disturbed Aether?

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

You might look at this video and see the similarity with your picture.

Yves Couder . Explains Wave/Particle Duality via Silicon Droplets [Through the Wormhole]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9yWv5dqSKk

This is the best physical model of aether that I have come across. They just don't know it yet. HA!

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 pm

[quote=Gary N]The Sun interacting with interstellar space. This same shape is seen with comets too, and also with aircraft shockwaves, and blunt objects moving through fluids. All these examples were leading me to conclude that only an Aether could be responsible, there has to be a dense medium for affects to occur that far ahead of the object. So is it electric and magnetic fields causing the bow shocks, or are the electric and magnetic fields just effects of a disturbed Aether?[/quote]

Thanks Gary ... although the edges are somewhat blurred by the analogys to fluid dynamics? ... most here Im sure see beyond that but it must be confusing for "new-entrants" at times :? ..still,.. a possible thumbs-up for an "ether"? ... sure why not. Thornhill predicted the problems with assigning such a simple "structure" (bow-shock) to the Heliospheric boundary several years back, and vindicated of late by the NASA announcement that this "shock-front" per their model does not actually exist, another home run for the predictive power of EU theory? :D

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:11 am

kiwi wrote:Gary have you seen this yet? Passed on from an interested EUér friend

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-electric-m ... solar.html
Here is a copy of the article "Electric Moon Jolts the Solar Wind" on the NASA website.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/ ... -moon.html
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

Sparky

synchrotron-based nano tomograph of moon dust

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 pm

---infinitesimal glass bubbles scattered through the lunar material.

(SPECIAL: The 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing)

The bubbles are formed the same way the larger glass beads are formed -- in the fiery heat of meteorite collisions :D -- but their exotic origins notwithstanding, they still ought to be built like any other bubble. That means they ought to be filled with some kind of gas. That, however, wasn't the case. "Instead of gas or vapor," says Zbik, "the lunar bubbles were filled with a highly porous network of alien-looking glassy particles that span the bubbles' interior."
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Luna like Earth

In this laser elevation map of Shackleton crater, false colors indicate height, with blue lowest and red highest. Credit: NASA/Zuber, M.T. et al., Nature, 2012\

According to data from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), ice may make up as much as 22 percent of the surface material in Shackleton crater at the Moon's south pole.

The huge crater, named after the Antarctic explorer Ernest Shackleton, is two miles deep and more than 12 miles wide. The small tilt of the lunar spin axis means Shackleton's interior is permanently dark and very cold..
The spacecraft mapped Shackleton crater with unprecedented detail, using a laser to illuminate the crater's interior and measure its albedo or natural reflectance. The laser light measures to a depth comparable to its wavelength, or about a micron. That represents a millionth of a meter, or less than one ten-thousandth of an inch.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... hackleton/

Maol

'Deflector Shields' protect the Lunar Surface

Unread post by Maol » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Interesting stuff here.

'Deflector Shields' protect the Lunar Surface

This image shows a truly miniature, magnetosphere recreated in the laboratory. The plasma “bubble” shown here is a mere inch across in total. The purple glow, seen in the photograph, is the stream of super-heated hot gas particles (plasma) of the Solar Wind Tunnel. You'd expect this stream to scorch the metal target. Without a magnetic field it would. But the experiment shows how instead what happens is a thin barrier or “skin” is formed of the plasma itself, within which a tiny cavity in the pseudo- solar wind is formed, which holds back the hazardous particles, so protecting the target except for at the magnetic poles. On the moon this cavity formation prevents the bombarding particles of the solar wind from weathering or darkening the surface color, keeping it white. The barrier width is about 100th the width that such a weak magnetic field (known to exist on the Moon’s surface) could possibly bend a heavy, fast moving, positively charged proton ion out of the way. So something else must be deflecting the ions into such a narrow "skin". That is an electric field the origin of which although complicated has been theoretically determined by the team and found to match the values seen in space by spacecraft and in the laboratory recreation. Credit: RAL Space & Uni. of York

Much more.....and an interesting discussion follows.....

nick c
Site Admin

Re: 'Deflector Shields' protect the Lunar Surface

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:55 pm