Hydrocarbons in the Deep Earth?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

sureshbansal342

Re: Hydrocarbons in the Deep Earth?

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 am

It is not going to end because it is a ongoing process in the deep origin of earth and not a fossil fuel. I have observed sediments are good indicators only for the presence of oil near with another reasons but no involvement to produce oil directly or indirectly. it has deep origin but biogenic origin also. i have observed it is not fossil fuel but biogenic origin also. cosmic biological chemistry that was present at the time of earth formation is responsible for its biogenic origin.please observe the following link for easy understanding.
http://www.fastcompany.com/1710607/nasa ... lar-system
infect i have solved the mystery of hydrocarbon generation and cycle . it has both deep and biogenic origin and sediments has nothing to produce it . but only good indicators .

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 am

please find another link . biological chemistry responsible for its biogenic origin while it has deep origin also.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/organi ... lar-system

AGAIN I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE VERY CONCRETE EXPERIMENTS THAT SEDIMENTS HAS NOTHING TO PRODUCE OIL BUT GOOD INDICATORS. ( I KNOW WHY THESE ARE GOOD INDICATORS IF NO INVOLVEMENT TO PRODUCE OIL). I AM A SMALL MAN IN INDIA BUT SEEKING ANY BODY SERIOUS TO LISTEN ME . I WANT SAFETY OF THIS RESULTS ALSO FOR CREDIT PURPOSE ONLY. OTHERWISE I AM VERY MUCH CONFIDENT THIS MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED. I CAN IDENTIFY MORE LOCATIONS WITH ANOTHER GOOD INDICATORS. MY THEORY IS VERY MUCH UNDER TESTABLE CONDITIONS.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm

In defense of Suresh's statements, which I have disputed with him on numerous occasions both publicly and privately, Suresh uses the term "biogenic" because [as also noted by Anaconda] of his presupposition that the earth is a biological organism. His ideas are despite this very similar to those presented in "abiotic" oil theory, but from a different viewpoint and rationale. The unorthodox way he defines "biotic" ["the entire universe is biotic"] becomes a communication issue which is partly a language barrier problem, partly a semantic, but mostly a philosophical matter. What I think Anaconda sympathizes with, and I as well, is the deep seated belief that we have a fundamental connection, a relationship to the world we live in, that necessitates our stewardship, and possibly [different strokes for different folks] our devotion. Whether some would like to admit it or not, this "connection" is what drives most scientists, most science. However, I for one still make a distinction, at a core level, between the living [ie. biotic] and non-living [abiotic] realms. This thread is premised upon that distinction. The interdependence of the two realms is for me all the more wonderful in cognisance of this distinction.

On the other hand, there are folks here and about who make no distinction regarding "life", but regard all processes from a faith base of deterministic materialism. There is a philosophical chasm between them and me.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

ok, first in want to discuss only small portion of my theory.
I have solid scientific evidence and successful experiments that sediments has nothing to produce oil but good indicators only. i can prove with experiments ,why these sediments are good indicators without any involvement to produce oil. i can prove with experiments why we draw oil from oil shale at certain temperature in labs.
it will be a great help for me to advise me where should i show these evidences and experiments safely.I am confident about these experiments and evidences.please.

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Webolife:

I agree with your comment.

Hi sureshbansal342:

Short of publishing your theory in a scientific journal (which would allow you to protect your ideas from others taking credit), this board is as good as any. Or if you want more freedom, the New Insights and Mad Ideas board is also available on the Thunderbolts Forum. I promise I won't bite ;)

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Previousy, the hypothesis that the Mediterranean Ridge and associated geological formations are similar to the Persian Gulf and Zagros Mountains foreland arc, including the potential for massive hydrocarbon deposits, was discussed.
Anaconda wrote:The area in front of the Zagros Mountains is called a foreland-arc and the area in front of the Hellenic Arc is an island forearc. Both the Zagros Mountains and the Hellenic Arc are described as having back-arc basins. The Zagros Mountains are not as long as the Mediterranean Ridge. All in all, the Mediterranean Ridge is the bigger geological complex. From examining the map in figure 6. above, it's clear oil & gas deposits parallel the Zagros Mountains, an orogenic deformation of great magnitude. It's highly likely oil & gas deposits parallel the Hellenic Arc in the Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex:
The oil- and gas-fields are located along the faulted and fissured zones of the crust of the earth, parallel to the great orogenic and volcanic dislocations. -- Eugene Coste, abiotic oil theorist & hydrocarbon explorationist, 1905
For reference:
Gong & Gerken wrote:Figure 6. Key structural elements in the Zagros province, with oil and gas fields (from Versfelt, 2001). LEGEND [Green hash-line] Approximate extent of Zagros foreland Basin (ZFB), [Blue saw-tooth] Edge of mountain front...
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/docum ... ges/06.htm

But additional similarities can also be cited. Along with the above similarities, it seems the Persian Gulf, itself, is similar to the Hellenic Trench. The Persian Gulf is not as deep and steep, although, it is filled with a lot of sediment, much of which is likely the product of diapirism processes, as the region is criss-crossed with faults, fractures, and fissures. Also, as the Mediterranean Ridge is an accretionary complex, it appears likey the Persian Gulf region has a paleo-accretionary complex. The Persian Gulf's paleo-accretionary complex is known today as the Unstable Shelf, part of the Arabian Platform.

Are the Mediterranean Ridge geological complex and the Persian Gulf, Zagros Mountains, Arabian Platform geological complex exactly the same in all respects?

No, but the geological differences are less than the geological similarities, which can be demonstrated by specific comparisions.

For reference:
Wikipedia entry wrote:The Mediterranean Ridge is a wide ridge in the bed of the Mediterranean Sea, running along a rough quarter circle from Calabria, south of Crete, to the southwest corner of Turkey, and from there eastwards south of Turkey, including Cyprus. [Image of Mediterranean accretionary ridge complex at link.]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Ridge

Stanley B. Keith, a geologist, abiotic oil theorist, and consultant to the petroleum exploration & discovery industry concludes the Persian Gulf and Arabian Platform oil deposits are due to abiotic oil formation, principly associated with hydrothermal dolomite deposits (the statements below reserve some caution):
Stanley B. Keith wrote:For example, petroleum resources in the largest hydrothermal mineral deposit in the world, the Ghawar field of Saudi Arabia (Cantrell et al., 2002), may be related to deposition of‚ regional-scale hydrothermal dolomites in a north-northeast-trending dextral slip zone that is 175 miles long and 30 miles wide.
http://www.hgs.org/en/art/?34
Stanley B. Keith wrote:[Hydrothermal dolomite] HTD is associated with large oil and gas accumulations including the supergiant Ghawar field in Saudi Arabia (Cantrell and others, 2001).
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/docum ... /keith.htm

The first comparison is between the Hellenic Trench and the Persian Gulf and immediate Zagros Mountain foreland in Iraq:

The depth of the Hellenic Trench:

The Institute of Geodynamics, National Observatory of Athens:
The Hellenic trench consists of a series of depressions with depth to about 5km [16,000 feet]. It parallels the Hellenic arc and includes some linear trenches, as are the Pliny and Strabo southeast of Crete and the Ionian trench.
http://www.gein.noa.gr/English/seismisity.html

The depth of sedimentary rock cover above the precambrian cystalline basement in the Persian Gulf:

Basement tectonics of Saudi Arabia as related to oil field structures, by H. Stewart Edgell (1992)
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:As can be extrapolated, these Upper Precambrian crystalline rocks dip beneath the sediments of the Interior Homocline and the Arabian Platform, so that they are found at depths of from 4,500 m to 13,700 m [14,700 feet to 45,000 feet] in the Saudi oil-field areas.

Much of the evidence regarding depth to basement has been deduced from geophysical surveys, primarily gravity and magnetic investigations.
http://brcgranier.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... l_1992.htm

Discussion: It is likely the sedimentary rock cover within the Persian Gulf, itself, is equal to or thicker than on the Arabian Platform, so that the paleo-trench within the present day Persian Gulf has been filled in by sedimentary rock cover, over millions of years, leaving the present day Persian Gulf as a relatively shallow remnant of the deeper paleo-trench in the immediate foreland of the Zagros Mountains.

The Iraqi part of the Zagros Mountains foreland, which constituted part of the paleo-trench has been divided into two parts:
Geo Expro wrote:The Stable Shelf, located in western and southern Iraq, may be divided into three zones: ... The Mesopotamian Zone, which is drained by the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, is a Cenozoic foreland basin of the Zagros orogen superimposed on the Tethys shelf sediments. Here Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic sediments are fully developed to a thickness of 8-13 km [26,000 feet to 42,000 feet], thickening to the east. The western boundary of the Mesopotamian zone is a basement high, probably formed in the Late Permian... The Unstable Shelf, located to the northeast of Iraq, is divided into two zones: (2A) The Foothill Zone is structurally an extension of the Simply Folded Zagros Zone in southwest Iran, and is stratigraphically similar to the Mesopotamian Zone. It contains numerous anticlines and a Phanerozoic sedimentary succession of up to 13 km [42,500 feet]
http://www.geoexpro.com/article/Iraq_Re ... fb777.aspx

Discussion: In this section of the paleo-trench, there is no remnant body of water such as the present day Persian Gulf, but one can see from the above passage the sedimentary rock cover over the crystalline basement is also quite thick. Likely increased geological impingement and deformation due to countervailing orogenic dislocation (upward thrusting) caused any traces of the paleo-trench in the Zagros Mountain foreland within Iraq to be filled in with sedimentary rock cover and/or crystalline basement uplift or upthrust.

So, there is physical evidence both the Mediterranean Ridge geological complex, with the Hellenic Trench, and the Persian Gulf, Zagros Mountains, and Arabian Platfom geological complex, presently have a trench or had a paleo-trench formation.

Is there physical evidence the Persian Gulf, Zagros Mountains, and Arabian Platform geological complex had a paleo-accretionary ridge?

The first physical evidence of a paleo-accretionary ridge is that there is a geological formation called the 'Unstable Shelf' in the shape of a cresent straddling the Persian Gulf shoreline of Arabia and extending onto the Arabian Platform and into Iraq.

The following quotation and figure is from Basement tectonics of Saudi Arabia as related to oil field structures, by H. Stewart Edgell (1992):
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:The oil-field areas of Saudi Arabia are all located in the northeast part of the Kingdom, both onshore and offshore, in a tectonostratigraphic province referred to as the Arabian Platform, or Unstable Shelf (Henson 1951). It is composed of a sedimentary sequence, which is virtually subhorizontal, except for a few basement-induced and diapiric folds (Greig 1958), comprising the Arabian Platform, and thickening northeast from 4,500m to 13,700m. To the southwest of the Arabian Platform, the NE-dipping, scarp-forming, Mesozoic and Paleozoic strata form the Interior Homocline, which rests nonconformably on the northeast edge of the Arabian Shield.
Figure 3. Major Tectonic Zones of Arabia (modified from Henson 1951).
http://brcgranier.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... 992_03.gif

Note the area labeled as the UNSTABLE SHELF and how it shapes a cresent and runs into Iraq.

Also, in the trench discussion this description of the 'Unstable Shelf' was stated in the Geo Expro quotation:
Geo Expro wrote:The Unstable Shelf, located to the northeast of Iraq, is divided into two zones: (2A) The Foothill Zone is structurally an extension of the Simply Folded Zagros Zone in southwest Iran, and is stratigraphically similar to the Mesopotamian Zone. It contains numerous anticlines and a Phanerozoic sedimentary succession of up to 13 km. (2B) The High Folded Zone, an extension of the High Zagros Zone, is a 25-50 km wide deformed zone uplifted during the Cenozoic collision. This zone contains thrust-bounded elongated fold structures with Paleogene carbonates in their cores and Neogene clastics on their flanks. It is in tectonic contact with the Zagros Suture Zone.
http://www.geoexpro.com/article/Iraq_Re ... fb777.aspx

** Note, there is substantial difference between the Edgell schematic and description of the Unstable Shelf and the Geo Expro description of the Unstable Shelf, likely due to differences in definition between the authors.

There is physical evidence the 'Unstable Shelf' in the Edgell schematic is highly fractured and has experienced cyclical uplift and subsidence.

H. Stewart Edgell, in Basement tectonics of Saudi Arabia as related to oil field structures, discusses the many fractures which criss-cross the 'Unstable Shelf' region:
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:Four trends of basement faulting control the oil fields of Saudi Arabia (Henson 1951), most prominently the N-S Arabian Trend, as well as the N-E Aualitic Trend and the N-W Erythraean Trend in offshore diapiric fields. Least conspicuous is the E-W Tethyan Trend.
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:After the formation of successive island arcs which accreted to form the Precambrian crystalline rocks of the Arabian Shield, E-W block faulting took place with the formation of the collapsed Central Arabian grabens accompanied by transcurrent faulting along the Najd Fault and the Wadi Fatima Fault. These are attributed by Davies (1984) to converging plate boundaries up to 700 Ma ago. Late Proterozoic uplift of the Arabian Shield led to extensional tectonics. This E-W extension, due to the initial updoming of the Arabo-Nubian Shield, stretched the brittle crystalline, Precambrian rocks, causing a series of subparallel N-S horsts and grabens and initiated the 'old grain of Arabia', now widely known as the Arabian Trend. Repeated, periodic uplifts of the Arabian Shield have continued this faulting and basement uplift until historic times, as shown by the N-S trending Late Tertiary-Quaternary lava fields (Harrat) and cinder cones along fractures in the shield, with eruption as recently as 1250 AD in the Harrat Rahat, south of Al Madinah. This uparching of the shield probably also led to the formation of less pronounced, E-W fault trends, which can be seen clearly on the running difference gravity map of northern onshore Saudi Arabia (Barnes 1987).
http://brcgranier.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... l_1992.htm

I encourage readers to link and read H. Stewart Edgell's paper, as after reading it, you will appreciate just how faulted, fractured, and fissured is the Arabian Platform and surrounding region.

And the following map, from Edgell's paper, shows the criss-crossing fault structure of the Unstable Shelf and provides a good visual of the many faults which likely were formed by and acted upon by repeated uplift from within the crystalline basement over repeated cycles:
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:There is evidence to suggest that the basement was already faulted along the Arabian Trend in the Late Precambrian, so that the Proterozoic Hormuz Series sediments were deposited in a series of N-S troughs, between uplifts or headlands. Repeated rejuvenation of these uplifts, or basement horsts, particularly along the N-S Arabian Trend, is reflected in the pattern of deposition throughout the Phanerozoic. It is seen in many formations, such as the Arab Formation, which has oolitic facies in the Arab C and D member over these highs (Steineke et alii 1958), and in the Rus Formation, which is a dolomite over basement highs and a thicker anhydrite-marl sequence in the intervening troughs.
The abstract to the Search and Discovery paper, Ghawar: The Anatomy of the World's Largest Oil Field*,
By Abdulkader M. Afifi (2005), also mentions this repeated uplift, or in the author's words, "reactivated episodically".
Abdulkader M. Afifi wrote:[Partial] Abstract
Aramco initially discovered oil in Ghawar in 1948, based on surface mapping and shallow structure drilling. Ghawar is a large north-trending anticlinal structure, some 250 kilometers long and 30 kilometers wide. It is a drape fold over a basement horst, which grew initially during the Carboniferous Hercynian deformation and was reactivated episodically, particularly during the Late Cretaceous. In detail, the deep structure consists of several en echelon horst blocks that probably formed in response to right-lateral transpression. The bounding faults have throws exceeding 3000 feet at the Silurian level but terminate within the Triassic section. The episodic structural growth influenced sedimentation of the Permo-Carboniferous sandstone reservoirs, which onlap the structure and the Jurassic and Permian carbonate reservoirs, which accumulated in shoals above structural culminations...

http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/docum ... 4/afifi01/

So, from a different geologist, there is the common description that the basin has undergone repeated uplift and/or was "reactivated".

And back to H. Stewart Edgell's map of the fault structure of the Unstable Shelf, in which is located Ghawar, the largest oil field in the world, which can be seen on the map, as the long vertical outline among the traced faults.
Figure 11. Basement Fault Structures in the Saudi Arabian Oil Fields and Adjacent Areas.

http://brcgranier.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... 992_11.gif

Another piece of physical evidence which supports the concept that the Unstable Shelf was a paleo-accretionary ridge is that the sedimentary cover stretches uninterrupted for long distances:
H. Stewart Edgell wrote:A striking feature of sedimentation in the Arabian Platform is the very extensive lateral persistence of many formations over distances of up to several thousand kilometres. The lateral continuity of these blanket lithosomes, such as the Anima, Wasia, Arab and Khuff formations (Edgell 1977, 1987), is noticeable in a NW-SE direction paralleling the Gulf, but across the Gulf, as seen in Iran, almost ail these units are replaced by different lithostratigraphic units (James and Wynd 1965).
Does that seem similar to the 1500 mile length of Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex?

This "paralleling the Gulf", also, of course, parallels the Zagros Mountains orogenic dislocation, as Eugene Coste, the geologist & abiotic theorist, stated oil & gas deposits would parallel orogenic and volcanic dislocations.

Are there substantial faults & fractures in the Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex?

Geomorphological study of an area with mud diapirs south of Crete (Mediterranean Ridge), W. Hiekea, F. Wernerb, H.-W. Schenkec (1996)
W. Hiekea, et al., wrote:Abstract

During Meteor Cruise in 1993, a multibeam bathymetric (Hydrosweep) survey was carried out on the Mediterranean Ridge in an area south of Crete (comprising the original Olimpi and Prometheus-2 mud diapir fields). The morphology is characterized by subcircular (domes) and elongated (ridges) features. The studied area is subdivided from west to east in three relief provinces with predominance of the domes in the middle one. We suggest that all the domes are related to mud diapirism (as is proved for some of them by sonographic surveys and already published sediment cores).

The orientation of the relief elements (domes and ridges) corresponds to that of the large morphotectonic features: The NW-SE orientation (Hellenic Trench) prevails in the western province, the NE-SW orientation (Ptolemy, Pliny and Strabo Trenches) is dominant in the eastern province. The domes occur in the middle province where both orientations influence jointly the morphotectonic pattern on the Mediterranean Ridge. The concentration of the mud diapirs is inferred to be due to crossing fault systems which may have led to an enhancement of conduits for ascending mud breccias and fluids.

The high-resolving sonographic records of a W-E running survey displayed a detailed anatomy of mud domes/volcanoes with features of broad variation of backscatter intensities such as flow lobes and streams, circular elevations (mini-domes) and depressions (pockmarks) of small and smallest scale.

As a very characteristic feature not described before, in the areas outside the mud domes an extensive network-like pattern of small high-backscatter lineations has been observed which is tentatively interpreted as a system of fractures (joints) of near-surface Mg-calcite crusts. Their orientations were found to correspond to the regional morphotectonic pattern.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2795001549

Note two sentences:
W. Hiekea, et al., wrote:... The concentration of the mud diapirs is inferred to be due to crossing fault systems which may have led to an enhancement of conduits for ascending mud breccias and fluids... As a very characteristic feature not described before, in the areas outside the mud domes an extensive network-like pattern of small high-backscatter lineations has been observed which is tentatively interpreted as a system of fractures (joints) of near-surface Mg-calcite crusts.
Let's check the following paper's abstract for fracture patterns on the Mediterranean Ridge:

Deep sea pockmark environments in the eastern Mediterranean, by L Dimitrov (2003).
L Dimitrov wrote:Abstract

A great number of circular to isometric depressions have been observed on the deep water seafloor in the eastern Mediterranean by MAK-1 and ORETech deep-tow side-scan sonar during several TTR cruises of the UNESCO Floating University Program since 1993, and also by visual observations made during the late 1998 French-Dutch MEDINAUT expedition. They extend from the Cobblestone mud volcano area in the west, passing all along the Mediterranean Ridge through the Olimpi and United Nation Rise mud volcano provinces to the Anaximander Mountains and Eratosthenes Seamount to the east. Several environments in which deep water pockmarks preferentially occur in the eastern Mediterranean are: (1) active mud volcanoes such as those of the Olimpi mud field and the Anaximander mountains; (2) remnant mud volcanoes and corresponding fault systems, like pockmarks on the flanks of buried volcanoes in the Cobblestone and United Nation Rise areas; (3) most abundantly on active faults like those on the Eratosthenes Seamount, Anaximander Mountains and on the Mediterranean Ridge; and (4) submarine slumps. Some pockmarks on the Mediterranean Ridge contain brines with high gas content.
http://www.mendeley.com/research/deep-s ... terranean/

So, it would seem that the Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex also is highly fractured just like the Unstable Shelf on the Arabian Platform. Apparently, there is observation of dolomite, gypsum & salt at the Mediterranean Ridge and at least one large anticlinal structure as well.
Eugene Coste wrote:In all the oil- and gas-fields or petroleum-deposits, the gaseous products are under a strong pressure which is not artesian or hydrostatic, which increases with depth, and which cannot be be anything else but a volcanic pressure. Oil, gas and bitumens are never indigenous to the strata in which they are found -- they are secondary products impregnating and cutting porous rocks of all ages, exactly as volcanic products alone can do. Oil and gas are stored products, in great abundance in certain localities, while neighboring localities often are entirely barren; and many of the strata among which they are found are impervious, that the source of these hydrocarbons must be the source below, which alone is abundant enough, and alone possesses sufficient energy, to force and accumulate such large quantities of these and associated products in so many spots through such impervious strata. The oil- and gas-fields are located along the faulted and fissured zones of the crust of the earth, parallel to the great orogenic and volcanic dislocations. -- Eugene Coste, geologist, abiotic oil theorist & hydrocarbon explorationist, 1905
Transactions of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, The Volcanic Origin of Oil. By Eugene Coste (1905)
http://books.google.com/books?id=2lALAA ... &q&f=false

More observations of the Mediterranean accretionary complex:

Structural features of mud volcanoes and the fold system of the Mediterranean Ridge, south of Crete, Jesús Galindo-Zaldivar, Luis Nieto, John Woodside (1996)
Galindo-Zaldivar, et al., wrote:Abstract

New information on the geometry of the mud volcanoes, folds and faults located in the central part of the Mediterranean Ridge is provided from long range and deep-tow sidescan sonar images, high resolution seismic and low frequency echosounder profiles, and gravity cores obtained on the R/V Gelendzhik during the 1993 UNESCO-ESF Training Through Research cruise. Symmetrical gentle folds, with a mean wavelength of 750 m, deform predominantly Pliocene-Quaternary sediments, but also perhaps as old as Messinian. In most areas of the Mediterranean Ridge, the north-northeast directed subduction of the African plate below the Eurasian plate at the Hellenic arc produces folds with hinge lines subparallel to the trend of the ridge. However, the hinge lines of the folds curve around the southern part of the area with highest concentration of mud volcanoes and produce an irregular U-shape fold belt. Some of the folds show an intrusive nucleus and, in some of them, mud breccia appears to have flowed from the flanks of the folds into the troughs.

The mud volcanoes consist of domes of interlayered pelagic sediments and mud breccias containing sediments and rock fragments of Late Aptian to Pleistocene ages. Mud breccia flows are mainly extruded radially from vents, although rare fissure extrusions are also observed. The mud volcanoes have an irregular to elliptical shape, with diameters up to 16 km [10 miles]. The distribution of mud volcanoes in the area is irregular, but they are more frequent in an area called the Olimpi Field.

Faults in the uppermost part of the Mediterranean Ridge are rare. Most of the faults are normal and subparallel to fold limbs. In addition, N20°E and N100°E subvertical faults are found controlling the shape of the mud volcanoes.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2796001557

A mud volcano ten miles across is one heck of a big mud volcano!

Why are these faults, fractures, and fissures important?

The presence of faults, fractures, and fissures suggest the accretionary complex of the Mediterranean Ridge is analogous to the Unstable Shelf in the Persian Gulf, Zagros Mountains, and Arabian Platform, where giant hydrocarbon deposits have been discovered & produced. And because there is evidence shale (mud) diapirs and mud volcanoes correspond to fault networks penetrating deep into the geological formation all the way into the crystalline basement. Indeed, the original source of energy & materials is from down within the cracks in the crystalline basement (bedrock).

The structure and formation of diapirs in the Yinggehai–Song Hong Basin, South China Sea, Chao Lei, Jianye Ren, Peter D. Clift, Zhenfeng Wang, Xusheng Li, Chuanxin Tong (2011)
Chao Lei, et al., wrote:6. Conclusions
In the Central Yinggehai Depression of YGH - SH Basin a series of diapirs is observed. Interpretation of newly released seismic reflection data now allows us to map 18 larger-scale diapirs in detail. They are arranged along six zones N-S-striking en echelon zones. We clearly identifed gas Chimneys, diapiric faults and palaeo-craters associated with the diapirs. Three stages of diapir evolution are proposed, reflecting the process of initiation, emplacement, and subsequent collapse. Our survey has identified a variety of buried diapirs, piercing diapirs and collapsed diapirs within the basin.

Our seismic interpretation adjacent to the Linggao Uplift shows two major anticlines, associated with motion on the strike-slip Red River Fault. Motion on the Red River Fault also generated distributed faults and fractures, which are the most significant migration pathways for releasing overpressure initiated by high sedimentation rate and high geothermal gradiant. We propose that diapirism is controlled by a combination of overpressure, largely driven by high sediment delivery, together with strike-slip tectonism associated with Red River Fault, which focuses the diapirism into the six en echelon zones by forming weakened pathways to flow.

http://lsu.academia.edu/PeterClift/Pape ... _China_Sea

Perhaps, this initiation, emplacement, and collapse of the diapir, particularly the collapse phase, is what causes the subsidences that have been observed and measured in association with diapirism.

In other words, there is a correlation between diapirism, whether igneous, shale (mud), or salt and hydrocarbon deposits, which strongly suggests the Mediterranean Ridge has high potential for giant hydrocarbon deposits along its entire length, possibly in similar amounts as is present in the Persian Gulf, Zagros Mountains, and Arabian Platform geological complex, as both complexes show evidence of having analogous geological formations.

Can these potentially huge hydrocarbon deposits within the Mediterranean Ridge be successfully extracted and put into production?
Marine Talk wrote:Transocean announced that Chevron Corporation has awarded the company a contract for the construction of an enhanced Enterprise-class drillship...with an estimated total capital expenditure of approximately $650 million...drillship target the drilling of wells up to 40,000 feet of total depth...and will be capable of drilling in water depths of up to 12,000 feet...the world water-depth drilling record of 10,011 feet held by the Discoverer Deep Seas.
http://www.marinetalk.com/articles-mari ... 940IN.html

It would seem today's modern technology can reach down to almost the entirety of the Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex to discover & produce hydrocarbons. Only Doctor Drill knows for sure, but the geological indicators are very promising.
The oil- and gas-fields are located along the faulted and fissured zones of the crust of the earth, parallel to the great orogenic and volcanic dislocations. -- Eugene Coste, geologist, abiotic oil theorist & hydrocarbon explorationist, 1905

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 am

Anaconda wrote:Hi Webolife:

I agree with your comment.

Hi sureshbansal342:

Short of publishing your theory in a scientific journal (which would allow you to protect your ideas from others taking credit), this board is as good as any. Or if you want more freedom, the New Insights and Mad Ideas board is also available on the Thunderbolts Forum. I promise I won't bite ;)
Anaconda, thanks for information. my problem is a am not educated scientist.i can not write a peper in scientific language mandatory for any scientific journal. in my theory there is very small point change but this change the whole existing theories. i can assured you when you will know this point your first words will be mystery of petroleum has been solved. anyway i am fighting for this can you suggest me any safe stage where i can show my experiments and whole idea? please also advise me is it safe if i load whole theory on the new insight and mad ideas board. is it different from this discussion site and patent of any theory.

BobDodds

Unread post by BobDodds » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Anaconda, thanks for new material which flips salt domes from biogenic's sedimentary simplisms into abiotic model. Now we can see wonders underground. Fresh water separated from salt as water goes super-crit, formation of salt domes(also "islands","cones" in the Eugene Coste lit), metals(Saunders&Thomas) in those salt domes carried in by movement of super-crit water. Dolomite prob answered, re-dolomite McKenzie answered, I would say.

Iceland has volcanos, too, as far as mid-oceanic ridge profile like NZ.

Chromium6, McKenzie bacteria work was cited as plagiarized by astronomist Thomas Gold in JF Kenney's Russ-Ukr oil sci translation. Kenney points out that while Gold was fluent in Russian, he did not point us into their science. Neither did Gold, or Kenney for that matter, seem to be aware of Eugene Coste's western abiotic oil science and post-1951 Russ-Ukrainian oil expl sci as actually guiding latter 20th century western oil exploration, for which we have many citations here going back to 19th century Canadian, up to 1980's Gary Gensch, PhD, then-ARCO, saying his non-disclosure contract restricted specificity but his point was abiotic is the only western elite oil explo sci as we can confirm from Eugene Coste up to Talaat Barsoum, Libyan deep earth oil finds, and Keith & Swan and other sources for which Anaconda is our able guide here.

My 1980's chum Pete Waldron(chief of staff, Michele Bachmann) has played lead patsy point-man ahead of Obusha's 100 USMC special forces chronologically appearing to be a reaction to China's non-military commercial foray into Afr Rift Valley("Kony 2012", see globalresearch.ca and Keith Harmon Snow). Financial sovereignty is the only "enemy"--Kony, China, al-CIA-duh all cozy as patsies with US intel fighting development/sovereignty. Some prefer to see US mil as securing oil for China, vs Gadafi's direct investment in Afr devel which would have created a batch of financially sovereign "Libyas" in Afr(cases Libya, Angola, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Rift). Geologically speaking, 4500 mile Rift (all Valley?) has the deep earth activity we're looking for: "Great Rift Valley, which runs 4,500 miles from southern Africa, under the Red Sea, and into Syria in southwestern Asia. it is so huge a geological feature that it is prominently visible to lunar and space-shuttle astronauts...Ever since British oil company, Tullow Oil, discovered an estimated 2 billion barrels of oil in Uganda in 2009 the geopolitical importance of the entire central African region suddenly underwent change. CNOOC Ltd., China's biggest offshore oil explorer, is in a joint venture with Tullow Oil to develop three oil blocks in Uganda's Lake Albert basin(F. William Engdahl,engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net,3-22-12)"

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am

Hi BobDodds:

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.
BobDodds wrote:Anaconda, thanks for new material which flips salt domes from biogenic's sedimentary simplisms into abiotic model. Now we can see wonders underground. Fresh water separated from salt as water goes super-crit, formation of salt domes(also "islands","cones" in the Eugene Coste lit), metals(Saunders&Thomas) in those salt domes carried in by movement of super-crit water. Dolomite prob answered, re-dolomite McKenzie answered, I would say.
BobDodds, your summary is excellent.

And, I think your first sentence is spot on and it turns out there is additional observations & measurements which validate the conclusion salt domes and their attendant minerals and hydrocarbons originate from below the crystalline basement (bedrock) and emanate from the 'cracks' or faults in the crystalline basement.

The following abstract provides evidence of where salt domes originate from:
1975 Abstract wrote:ABSTRACT
The occurrence of exotic blocks of igneous and sedimentary rocks in piercement salt dome cap rock is a common phenomenon around the world. Although salt piercements in many basins are known to have pierced through great thicknesses of sedimentary overburden, fragments of the sediments traversed do not appear to have been incorporated in cap rock. Jurassic, Cretaceous or Tertiary material has not been found in salt piercements of the Gulf Coast interior salt basins nor have post Cambrian sediments been found amongst Hormuz cap rock detritus of the numerous Persian and Arabian Gulf piercements.

Evidence from salt piercements in the Persian Gulf area suggests that insoluble cap rock material is derived either from rocks interbedded with the parent evaporite or from sub-salt formations as a result of glacier-like plucking from the salt sub-crop during flow toward the diapiric exit.

In basins where bedded salt is too deep for penetration by the drill the age of exotic material in piercement cap rock often has been used as an age indicator of the salt deposit when, in fact, the exotics probably represent pre-salt formations often lying unconformably below the evaporite deposit.

Evidence from the Salina basin in southeastern Mexico suggests that salt structures may be cored by Oligocene rather than Jurassic evaporite and, likewise, the salt in the Moron basin diapirs, northeast Cuba may be Oligo-Miocene rather than Jurassic as is currently supposed.

The possibility that Oligo-Miocene salt may core many of the offshore Texas and Louisiana structures is suggested both by diapiric immaturity of many of the structures and by the presence of Oligo-Miocene sediments in Belle Isle and Eugene Island piercements of Louisiana.
http://search.datapages.com/data/doi/10 ... 0102C1865D

My apology, but the link does not provide a title for the paper or the name of the author(s), but the abstract is dated from 1975, so for over 30 years the oil industry has known the cap rock has "exotic" materials which originate from "pre-salt", i. e., bedrock materials.

Note the following sentence from the above abstract:
Jurassic, Cretaceous or Tertiary material has not been found in salt piercements of the Gulf Coast interior salt basins nor have post Cambrian sediments been found amongst Hormuz cap rock detritus of the numerous Persian and Arabian Gulf piercements.
So, apparently, only bedrock materials are found in the cap rock of the salt domes. This means the head of the dome likely formed at below basement level enabling the rising salt column to pick up bedrock material from within the a 'crack' in the bedrock, from which the salt dome originated or from material flush with the bedrock.

Here is another abstract along the same lines:
1977 Abstract wrote:ABSTRACT
Previous theories for the origin of salt dome cap rock have relied in varying degrees on the introduction of minerals and fluids from the sediments surrounding the dome. This paper proposes a sub-salt origin for the minerals. The occurrence of cap rock minerals beneath the salt of most evaporate basins is a well-known fact, but the idea of these minerals becoming an integral part of the diapiric mass has not been broached. Studies of other diapiric structures have revealed that materials underlying the principal diapiric constituent can be incorporated into the diapiric mass.

Irregularities in the thickness of salt dome cap rock are associated with similar irregularities in the top of the salt. These irregularities may result from spines of movement which serve as avenues for the expulsion of cap rock minerals. The presence of hydrogen sulphide, sulphur and pressured brine at depth in salt domes adds support to a sub-salt origin for cap rock.

The species of minerals present in the cap rock of a particular dome are generally related to the amount of growth of the dome and its position in the evaporite basin. Domes which have undergone the most upward growth are more likely to have a greater number of the minerals which precipitated early in the evaporite sequence. Metallic sulphides found in some domes are commonly associated with sapropels which mark the beginning of the evaporite stage and, therefore, represent the oldest of the mineral species to reach the cap rock.

Again, there is no title or author(s) cited, this paper is from 1977.

Of particular note is this sentence from the abstract:
The presence of hydrogen sulphide, sulphur and pressured brine at depth in salt domes adds support to a sub-salt origin for cap rock.
The report of "pressured brine at depth" is noteworthy because of this board's previous discussions of "oil field brine" from salt dome formations where hydrocarbons are part of the 'brine'. This abstract suggests the 'brine' originates "at depth" from the sub-salt formation. The cap rock materials are consistent with the salt piercement initiating within the 'crack' and breaking off basement materials from the rim of the 'crack' or from within the 'crack', itself.

The lead sentences of the 1977 abstract is notworthy:
Previous theories for the origin of salt dome cap rock have relied in varying degrees on the introduction of minerals and fluids from the sediments surrounding the dome. This paper proposes a sub-salt origin for the minerals.
Notice this abstract starts off with the acknowledgment that "Previous theories" relied on "introduction of minerals and fluids from sediments surrounding the dome." Read that to mean dispersed hydrocarbon "fluids" from sedimentary deposits concentrated next to or inside the salt dome (the so-called "fossil fuel" theory) along with minerals (so that minerals originated in the basement could be safely ignored). But instead this 1977 abstract places those minerals (and fluids?) origin in the sub-salt, read that to mean "bedrock".

So, this 1977 abstract without a title or apparent named author(s) offers an explanation for the cap rock minerals specifically, consistent with Abiotic Oil Theory, and by implication, the "fluids" as well. And, the reader should know the author meant "oil" when he stated "fluids" in the abstract.

Is there additional scientific evidence salt domes originate from 'cracks' in the bedrock?

Yes, and here is an abstract of a paper which makes it clear salt domes originate from lineament faults.

Basement Faults and Salt Plug Emplacement in the Arabian Platform in Southern Iran, J. Rahnama Rad ; R. Derakhshani ; G. Farhoudi ; H. Ghorbani (2008):
J. Rahnama Rad, et al., wrote:Abstract
The Arabian Platform containing the Zagros Mountain Ranges (ZMR) is located to the Northeast of the Arabian Shield. There are nearly 200 salt domes on the Arabian Platform. In the ZMR, structural anomalies are frequently associated with similar facies distribution patterns. In the eastern portion of the region, emergent salt plugs of Infra-Cambrian age exhibit the same alignment patterns. Such trends bear no apparent genetic relationship to the Tertiary folding responsible for the present Zagros fold belt but rather indicate their affinity with linear basement features which are readily observable on Landsat imagery and aerial photographs. Bending of anticlines in the competent cover rock, combined with minor strike-slip faults and horizontal displacements of parts of folded structures, strongly point to the presence of these basement faults. The salt plugs, which have pierced cover rocks of up to 10000 m thick, are distributed on the Arabian Platform along regional basement faults. The area of diapir outcrops is bounded by the Oman Line to the East and by the Kazerun Fault to the West. The fragments were transported by rotational ascent of the Hormuz Salt Formation to the present and former land surfaces. The recognition of features related to basement tectonic and realization of their implication in the control and modification of geological processes in an important adjunct to the search for hydrocarbon accumulations in this region. To our best knowledge, data of basement faults in the study area is scarce. Therefore, this study was carried out to determine basement faults and their relation to salt dome distribution. Considering the fold axis bending, the trend of the salt plugs and also the distribution of epicenters of the last century, numerous new basement faults are introduced in this study.
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=abstract&id=604348

The salient parts of the abstract for purposes of this discussion:
Such trends bear no apparent genetic relationship to the Tertiary folding responsible for the present Zagros fold belt but rather indicate their affinity with linear basement features which are readily observable on Landsat imagery and aerial photographs.
Bending of anticlines in the competent cover rock, combined with minor strike-slip faults and horizontal displacements of parts of folded structures, strongly point to the presence of these basement faults. The salt plugs, which have pierced cover rocks of up to 10000 m thick, are distributed on the Arabian Platform along regional basement faults.
Pieces of the basement have been brought up to the surface on some of the salt domes.
The above sentence mirrors the first two 1970's abstracts presented above.
The recognition of features related to basement tectonic and realization of their implication in the control and modification of geological processes in an important adjunct to the search for hydrocarbon accumulations in this region.
When these three abstracts are considered together, even though the two 1970's papers were published 30 years prior to the 2008 paper, it becomes obvious the salt domes originate from faults in the bedrock, specifically, lineament type faults that proceeded later folding toward the surface. And, taking into consideration the "pressured brine" is impregnated with hydrocarbons and is part and parcel (possibly even the dominant energizing factor) with the development of the salt dome from its initiation within the faults of the bedrock, the conclusion that the hydrocarbons are abiotic and the result of geo-chemical and geo-physical processes, alone, without 'organic detritus' contributing, becomes inescapable.

BobDodds, yes, the scientific evidence "flips salt domes from biogenic's sedimentary simplisms into abiotic model."

And, frankly, any open-minded geologist who has "followed where the evidence leads" will come to the same conclusion. BobDodds, as you suggest the evidence strongly supports the contention that informed oil geologists have known of this abiotic physical reality for a long time. If geologists really "followed where the evidence leads," how could they not?

So far, in the last series of comments, the discussion has been focussed of geological formations along way from home, for Americans, at any rate. So let's focus on something closer to home and an often cited paper used in support of the Abiotic Oil Theory in conjunction with the well known Eugene Island, Gulf of Mexico, oil field abiotic example where the oil field "refilled from below."

Hydrocarbon generation, migration, and venting in a portion of the offshore Louisiana Gulf of Mexico basin, L. M. Cathles (2004)
L. M. Cathles wrote:The offshore Louisiana Gulf of Mexico is one of the earth's most active margins. The erosional debris of an entire continent is depositing there, in places at over 2 km/Ma. Sediments have accumulated to over 16 km thickness. Temperatures at the base of this section are hotter than those in a pizza oven (∼300° C). Hydrocarbons are maturing, brines expelling, reservoirs filling, hydrates accumulating, and gas and oil migrating into the ocean, and all this is happening today.

We have known for some time how to model hydrocarbon maturation and to some extent migration. We don't know precisely the richness or thickness of the source beds, but we can geochemically constrain their age and place reasonable bounds on their volume. Perhaps our largest uncertainty for a long time has been the retention of gas and oil between the source strata and the surface.

Fortuitously, we have been able to address this question in the offshore Louisiana basin because two very different hydrocarbon sources (which we characterize here as Eocene and Jurassic, although the reality may be more complex) exist there in the right positions. The requirement from chemical data that Eocene displace Jurassic oil, and in turn be washed by Jurassic gas means that the out-of-source retention of hydrocarbons must be very small (<0.025% of the pore space).

This means that the active portions of the Northern Gulf of Mexico basin are acting like a giant flow-through system. As soon as oil or gas is generated, most is expelled into the Gulf waters. Only crumbs are retained in the basin (outside of the source). These crumbs are still of great economic value. What's happening today (or in geologically very recent times) is what is important. As stated eloquently by Gatenby (2002), “in the Gulf of Mexico, the present is the …
http://tle.geoscienceworld.org/content/23/8/760.extract

The above published paper is most often associated with the Eugene Island oil field which has been observed to "refill from below." And, has often been cited as evidence for the validity of Abiotic Oil Theory.

It turns out the Eugene Island area is a series of salt domes or salt diapirs:
David S. Holland, et al., wrote:Based upon their system, the Eugene Island Block 330 field is near the northern edge of the salt-tectonic province characterized by semicontinuous diapiric uplifts
The following schematic provides a visual layout of the salt diapir formations in the Northern Gulf of Mexico:
Figure 14. Major groups of salt diapirs and salt tectonic provinces in the northern Gulf of Mexico (Holland et al 1980, after Woodbury, et al., 1973) LEGEND E. I. BLOCK 330 FIELD
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/docum ... /fig14.htm

The oil has risen up through vertical conduits:
David S. Holland, et al., wrote:The Eugene Island Block 330 oils show abundant evidence of long-distance vertical migration.
David S. Holland, et al., wrote:Petroleum migration along faults is indicated based on the observed temperature and hydrocarbon anomalies at the surface and the distribution of pay in the subsurface.
Substantial faulting has occured:
David S. Holland, et al., wrote:Grabens and down-to-the-basin faulting are present along the inner coastal plain. These graben and fault systems are related to the formation of the Gulf of Mexico by early rifting and subsequent sea-floor spreading and subsidence in the Jurassic through Early Cretaceous (Hall et al., 1982).
The Eugene Island 330 block oil field is consistent with Kudryavtsev's Rule, multiple stratigraphic rock layers with hydrocarbons down to the crystalline basement, and Coste's statements that multiple "sands" down to bedrock will have hydrocarbons. With oil temperatures at the deepest point penetrated in the geologic column between 300 to 340°F.
David S. Holland, et al., wrote:More than 25 Pleistocene sandstones are productive at depths of 701 to 3658 m (2300 to 12,000 ft).
The above quotes are taken from Eugene Island Block 330 Field--U.S.A. Offshore Louisiana, David S. Holland, John B. Leedy, David R. Lammlein, Search and Discovery Article #20003 (1999).

http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/docum ... eugene.htm

The fact that the Northern Gulf of Mexico is a provence of salt domes, including Eugene Island, has been known for a long time:
1959 partial abstract wrote:...As examples of offshore deep-seated salt dome fields, structure maps are presented for the Block 110 Field, West Cameron Area, and the Block 39 (Roll-over) Field, Vermilion Area, Louisiana. A structure map and cross section of the Block 126 Field, Eugene Island Area, Louisiana, exemplify the shallow piercement salt dome fields...

The reader also must keep in mind that all of this oil has diamondoids within it and diamondoids do not form in sedimentary deposits, rather, the diamondoids form within the bedrock.

All in all, the scientific evidence of Abiotic Oil Theory is overwhelming both geologically and geo-chemically, as numerous abiotic markers, elements & molecules, are found in petroleum, which are rare or not present at all in sedimentary deposits devoid of hydrocarbons.

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 am

A matter of housekeeping and correction:

I presented the followinng scientific paper's abstract:

Basement Faults and Salt Plug Emplacement in the Arabian Platform in Southern Iran, J. Rahnama Rad ; R. Derakhshani ; G. Farhoudi ; H. Ghorbani (2008):

And, highlighted the following sentence:
J. Rahnama Rad, et al., wrote:Pieces of the basement have been brought up to the surface on some of the salt domes.
Unfortunately, in the full abstract of the paper which was presented, the above sentence was dropped and did not appear in the abstract. My error. (Those that clicked the link for the abstract and read the abstract directly from the link did find & read the above sentence.)

Here is the sentence in context of the relative passage from the abstract (partial abstract):
J. Rahnama Rad, et al., wrote:...The salt plugs, which have pierced cover rocks of up to 10000 m thick, are distributed on the Arabian Platform along regional basement faults. The area of diapir outcrops is bounded by the Oman Line to the East and by the Kazerun Fault to the West. Pieces of the basement have been brought up to the surface on some of the salt domes. The fragments were transported by rotational ascent of the Hormuz Salt Formation to the present and former land surfaces...
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=abstract&id=604348

My apology for the error.

In regards to the Eugene Island oil field that generated so much attention in abiotic oil circles, the following passage from the New York Times is what generated the excitement:
According to a 1999 Wall Street Journal article:

"Something mysterious is going on at Eugene Island 330. Production at the oil field, deep in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana, was supposed to have declined years ago. And for a while, it behaved like any normal field: Following its 1973 discovery, Eugene Island 330's output peaked at about 15,000 barrels per day. By 1989, production had slowed to about 4,000 barrels per day. Then suddenly -- some say almost inexplicably -- Eugene Island's fortunes reversed. The field, operated by PennzEnergy Co., is now producing 13,000 barrels per day, and probable reserves have rocketed to more than 400 million barrels from 60 million."
When probable oil reserves increase from 60 million barrels to 400 million barrels, an over sixfold increase in probable reserves, that's a headline increase. And a powerful example of the idea: Where there's oil, there's more oil.

Now, it might seem like I have beat a dead horse regarding the 'salt diapir' connection to Abiotic Oil Theory, but like Ultra-deep water, Ultra-deep oil deposits off the coast of Brazil, the Gulf of Mexico, and the West African coast, which has been discussed extensively on this board, the connection of hydrocarbon deposits with salt diapirs is strong support for Abiotic Oil Theory.

To that end, let's look at an area off the Atlantic coast of the United States, situated off the North Carolina/ South Carolina coast:

Gas (Methane) Hydrates -- A New Frontier, U.S. Geological Survey, Marine and Coastal Geology Program (1992):
Dr. William Dillon, U.S. Geological Survey wrote:The Carolina Trough is a significant offshore oil and gas frontier area where no wells have been drilled. It is a very large basin, about the size of the State of South Carolina, that has accumulated a great thickness of sediment, perhaps more than 13 kilometers. Salt diapirs, reefs, and faults, in addition to hydrate gas, may provide greater potential for conventional oil and gas traps than is present in other east coast basins.
http://marine.usgs.gov/fact-sheets/gas- ... title.html

As this board has discussed, salt diapirs indicate the likely presence of abiotic oil & gas. This is a potential brand new source for significant oil & gas deposits within the United States of America. Don't be distracted by discussion of methane hydrates in the article, at present there is no commercial & industrial way to produce methane hydrates. What is important is that the presence of methane hydrates indicate significant hydrocarbons are emitted and emanate from deep geological formations. And even the conventional oil geologist who authored the above news release acknowledges at least some of these hydrocarbons come from deep geological formations, i.e., the crystalline basement (bedrock):
Dr. William Dillon, U.S. Geological Survey wrote:Some of the gas was formed by bacteria in the sediments, but some may be derived from deep strata of the Carolina Trough.
Here is a schematic of the region off the Atlantic coast of the U. S. :
Map showing location and inferred thickness (in meters) of hydrates within sediments in high concentration area off North Carolina and South Carolina
http://marine.usgs.gov/fact-sheets/gas- ... ates-2.gif

The high concentration of methane hydrates signifies methane, a hydrocarbon, is released from the geological formation, then is trapped in the water molecule cage, the hydrate.

Think about the fact that since at least 1992 geologists have known there were probable untapped giant petroleum deposits right here within the U. S.

Not only does Abiotic Oil Theory open up huge new potential oil & gas deposits world-wide, but also right here in the United States of America.

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 am

I am strange that why people are not taking me serious . i have mentioned many times that i can help to find many many new location of oil without any mistake. I believe oil has deep origin but organic origin also and not a fossil fuel. sediments are good signatures of oil but nothing to produce oil. i have solved this mystery why these sediments are good signatures only while nothing to produce oil. when we know it it will be easy to find oil without any mistakes.

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am

Can any one in this group tell me any other abiogenic theory discussion forum. I agreed oil has deep origin and not a fossil fuel but they have ignored a strong evidence of its organic origin. there is no need to divert it toward inorganic origin because it has organic origin also and complex organic compounds at the time of earth formation has played a vital role to produce it and its organic origin. this is the mistake they have done. it is a valid evidence of Gaia hypothesis.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/organi ... lar-system

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 am

sureshbansal, I have not read all of your posts, so excuse me if you have answered these questions elsewhere.

Are you a chemist or biologists?

Have you published a paper, outlining your hypothesis? If so, is there a good English translation available online?

Are you associated with any university or are you near to one?

I can see why the Gaia hypothesis has some basis for consideration.

thank you
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

sureshbansal342

Unread post by sureshbansal342 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 am

Sparky wrote:sureshbansal, I have not read all of your posts, so excuse me if you have answered these questions elsewhere.

Are you a chemist or biologists?

Have you published a paper, outlining your hypothesis? If so, is there a good English translation available online?

Are you associated with any university or are you near to one?

I can see why the Gaia hypothesis has some basis for consideration.

thank you
1. I am neither a chemist nor a biologist. i am a business man in India and observing on origin of petroleum from last 25 years. I can identify new locations of oil without mistake.
2. No, i have not published any paper in reputed journal. reasons as below.
a) I am not educated and technical scientist. technical language is must for any paper.
b) my hypothesis is totally against and very much different from modern science.
c) i want the safety of my hypothesis.
d) i am not good operator of computer.
3. hydrocarbons are very much scientific evidence of Gaia hypothesis because we have valid evidence of its deep origin as well as biogenic origin also. it is clear evidence that crude oil has deep origin .unfortunately they have diverted it toward abiogenic origin because they are not aware about this model. there is no solid reason that oil can not be biogenic in origin while it has deep origin also.they have manipluated the strong chemical evidence of its biogenic origin.
more over i have solved the mystery that sediments are only good signatures of presence of oil near there but no involvement to produce it. when people will know this basic point it will be easy to find oil without mistake.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:07 am

sureshbansal, thank you.
c) i want the safety of my hypothesis.
If you mean you wish to make money off of your knowledge, then I doubt if you will. Too much power and money against you.

3. hydrocarbons are very much scientific evidence of Gaia hypothesis because we have valid evidence of its deep origin as well as biogenic origin also. it is clear evidence that crude oil has deep origin .unfortunately they have diverted it toward abiogenic origin because they are not aware about this model. there is no solid reason that oil can not be biogenic in origin while it has deep origin also.they have manipluated the strong chemical evidence of its biogenic origin.
more over i have solved the mystery that sediments are only good signatures of presence of oil near there but no involvement to produce it.
Well, I know almost nothing about this, except vaguely understanding the layman's concept. Why are sediments near oil deposits?
when people will know this basic point it will be easy to find oil without mistake.
How? You may as well tell the world, maybe something good will come of it. ;)

thank you...
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire