Men dyed red, beaten by women in Hindu ritual

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ETSubmariner

Men dyed red, beaten by women in Hindu ritual

Unread post by ETSubmariner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:50 pm

I wonder if this old ritual might symbolize/remember the 'war' between Mars and Venus in the ancestral sky.

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Ph ... ab=gallery

mharratsc

Re: Men dyed red, beaten by women in Hindu ritual

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am

That's an interesting bit of conjecture, bud- I wouldn't doubt it in the slightest. Maybe Rens V. will get some free time to investigate the origins of that and give us a breakdown on it some day! :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

mague

Re: Men dyed red, beaten by women in Hindu ritual

Unread post by mague » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 am

Looks much more like this
http://www.google.com/search?q=alemanni ... 3&bih=1007

Somewhere in november the underworld starts to rule (Haloween, Night of the dead, etc) and somewhere in february life comes back. The womans cut of mens ties, attack poeple with their brooms and sticks, invade schools and city halls to free them from the dead and daemons. They mask themselves to scare away the dead and make room for spring and the return of life. Since one rulership leaves and the other rises there are a few days of no-rules. Sex, drugs and rock'n roll so to speak. In Hinduism red destroys evil and radiates healthy aggression, sexuality and passion. Its really almost the same as the old allemannic ritual in germany/switzerland