Electric Earthquakes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

StevenJay

Japanese 2011 Earthquake Visualization Map

Unread post by StevenJay » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:57 pm

From an EU perspective, this time-lapse visualization map seems to be very telling. I found myself viewing the epicenter map (@7:24) as though they were sparks from an arc welder. . . in which case, the eastern edge of Japan is really getting zapped! :shock:
It's all about perception.

ddaveo

Re: Japanese 2011 Earthquake Visualization Map

Unread post by ddaveo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 am

Having a look at some of his other videos, he's made another one for the whole world. Also very interesting :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWn_W6Z ... re=related

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am

The two earthquake time laspe schematics are interesting. The Japanese islands schematic for its detail and the world schematic for the overall comparison. The Earth has an active crust as reflected in these two time laspe schematics.

Is an earthquake an expression of energy escaping the Earth's crust? And, if it is the manifestation of energy escaping the Earth's crust, what form does that energy take? Heat and/or electromagnetism? It would appear there is significan movement of physical matter.

Looking at the World video, it would appear that the Pacific basin is the most active area. The Indonesian archipeleco is active, so is the New Zealand area, and, of course, the Japanese archipeleco.

In Both videos, when concentrating on the Japanese earthquake, it becomes readily apparent the commonly held idea that an earthquake event is one or at most several earthquakes, is false.

The word that comes to my mind after viewing the videos is 'rupture'.

A large Earthquake is a rupture in the Earth's crust. What would cause the Earth's crust to rupture?

Earthquakes are commonly associated with the word 'reverberation', as in vibration.

But it also seems to me that earthquakes signify a ongoing process; A few preliminary earthquakes which signify tension building in an area due to the movement of matter, then, a large earthquake as the tension builds to the point that the crust "gives way" and a rupture happens, then, seemingly, a continuous stream of earthquakes signifies continuous movement of physical matter, some sideways movement, but notably vertical movement, both uplift and subsidence, although, the uplift, almost invariably is greater than the measured & observed subsidence.

What does all this mean?

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 pm

I think it is a sign of planetary expansion.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Or perhaps a capacitor-type discharge? Going over the breakdown threshhold and discharging at the points of least resistance? :?
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:21 pm

StevenJay wrote:I found myself viewing the epicenter map (@7:24) as though they were sparks from an arc welder. . . in which case, the eastern edge of Japan is really getting zapped! :shock:
I found myself comparing the major quake (1:48) and subsequent aftershocks to the discharging of an acrylic Lichtenberg figure:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 1419758473

One major event followed by lots and lots and lots of tiny events, some larger and smaller than others. Is that what an Earthquake acts like a giant subterranean lightning stroke and all of the subsequent redistribution strokes along the same fractured / ionized channels?

One is tempted to take recourse to Friedmann Freund's work on rock stresses and currents there generated. Perhaps catastrophically in certain cases?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ZwR9Dxbmo

Just thinking out loud, of course... May be completely off base.

Though TPODs said several years ago that earthquakes were probably the thunder felt from underground lightning.

(Sunspots and Earthquakes)
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... quakes.htm
Subsurface lightning causes earthquakes! Seismic waves are the equivalent of the rumble of thunder.
Whether to think such potential discharges due to charging / discharging or due to tectonic stress on rocks, I suppose I'll leave up to the reader & the hardcore scientists among us.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 am

The following Youtube video is another visualization of earthquake magnitude, frequency, and location, in a time-laspse sequence. Compared to the first two videos on this board, it may be even better (hard to believe because the first two are very good also). The map has good bathymetry, the underwater equivalent to topography, and the time-laspe speed seems a little slower, and the animation provides a little more ability to locate the individual seismic events in relation to the bathymetry of the seafloor:
Earthquakes in Japan
Frequency in Occurrence Anim. 03.09 - 03.14 L. T.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NCiar5 ... re=related

Discussion:

The earthquake sequence starts as a relatively moderate series of seismic events and principally pinpointed in a tight radius off Sendai, Japan. This series numbers in rough approximation to 40 seperate seismic events, then, there is a short pause, but still an observable & measurable pause, and, then, at 1:20 in the video animation, the main sequence "breaks loose", with individuals seismic events happening in a much broader area of the offshore continental shelf of Japan and in much greater number of seismic events.

Note: Most of the seismic events happen on the continental shelf, but with the "break loose" event, there are a number of seismic events located in the Japanese Trench, or out on the abyssal plains of the Pacific Plate, still this number is far fewer than the seismic events on the continental shelf.

Opportunity for field observation & measurement: A predominant theory in geology is plate tectonics, and one of its corollaries is subduction, where an ocean plate "slides down and under" the continental plate (the scientific evidence supporting this theory is almost all theoretical).

This series of seismic events provides an opportunity to investigate the Japanese Trench at the base of the continental shelf, on which the vast majority of the seismic events were located, but with a significant number of events happening within the trench and beyond out on the abyssal plain. It would seem this series of seismic events would be a "subduction" event, as well as seismic event. If so, then there should be observable & measurable evidence of "subduction". If there is not any empirical evidence of "subduction", then the "subduction" theory must be called into question.

Will geologists call for scientific investigation which could either validate or falsify their theory?

The objective of the field investigation, via manned and remote controlled submersible craft, is to find tangible evidence of "subduction".

What would the empirical evidence of recent "subduction" consist of or look like?

Again, here is the chance to take a theoretical, a priori assumption, "subduction", and put it to the empirical test.

Will geologists press for investigation (which could either validate or falsify their theory) or will an incurious silence blanket and envelope the geological community?

GaryN

Re: Electric Earthquakes

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:12 pm

We had 3 more odd tremors here a few days ago, in Sooke, BC, one of them causing a farmers rickety barn to collapse. Felt over a wide area, but again no seismic record. More investigation by local media suggests it might be a company in Sequim who perform explosive welding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosion_welding
EMP welding produces similar results, but if the explosion is producing a plasma, won't it also produce an EMP?
Also announced the other day was that the Military would be performing classified experiments both on and off shore in the Pacific Northwest, from Oregon to Alaska, for most of this year. Hmmm...
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Probably unrelated to Military testing or experiments, but just heard from a cousin on Queeen Charlotte Islands where there was a 7.7 mag EQ recently. Aftershocks still occuring regularly, even hardened locals who have lived for decades with minor quakes are getting fed up, some leaving the islands. The many hot springs have dried up completely, causing concern amongst the Elders, though I don't know if there are maybe some native legends or lore mentioning such events, will ask about that. Her husband, an avid hunter, went out for deer and after 2 days came back and said there isn't a deer to be seen anywhere. They place is normally thick with them. Her cat has been hiding under the bed for days now, and all the dogs in the area have been barking and howling in unison, though their behaviour is not always tied to noticable aftershock activity. Perhaps ultrasound sensitivity, or electric/magnetic fields? I'm not implying any imminent catastrophic events, just thought it interesting.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Gary,

Maybe move to New York.

Phorce

Unread post by Phorce » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am

I was looking more closely at the properties of Quartz crystals.
How do crystals work? - Many people say that ‘they don’t believe in crystals’ or that ‘they don’t believe that they work’. People often ask if you have to believe in crystals for them to work.The fact is that crystals have particular properties, and work with energy in particular ways that are nothing to do with belief.

We were taught in science that all matter is made up of small particles called atoms. We now know that this way of looking at the world is very limited, and that it is not particularly helpful to think of the world in this way. Modern physics tells us that everything in the universe is energy or vibration. ‘Solid matter’ is just one kind of energy, and it has a relatively slow vibration when compared with sound, light or thought.

At the atomic or molecular level, crystals have a very precise, regular and ordered structure creating a pattern or lattice. This structure determines the physical properties of crystals, such as outer shape, cleavage (the shape of how crystals break), transparency and also the energetic properties.

These energetic properties have resulted in crystals being used in technology since the early 20th century, with the ‘quartz watch’ being the most familiar application for most people. In more recent years, crystals have been used increasingly in information technology, to the extent that it has been suggested that following the stone age, bronze age and iron age, we may now being the crystal age.

If you want to read more about this, there is lots of information available.
( Source )

You can probably imagine what the result is of squeezing millions of tons of Quartz crystal between plates.
Exploration and discovery without honest investigation of "extraordinary" results leads to a Double Bind (Bateson, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind ) that creates loss of hope and depression. No more Double Binds !

Sparky

Did Sandy Cause New Jersey Earthquake?

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 am

Even the second-most powerful hurricane on record can't cause an earthquake. A small quake that rattled already frayed nerves this morning (Nov. 5) in New Jersey wasn't sparked by Sandy-caused flooding.
:?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

koushilla

earthquake

Unread post by koushilla » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 am

How is it possible that an earthquake occurred today in Ottawa, Canada, an area of North America which has no plate boundaries near by to cause an earthquake. Is there a fault line or something there that could have caused it?

CTJG 1986

Re: earthquake

Unread post by CTJG 1986 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

koushilla wrote:How is it possible that an earthquake occurred today in Ottawa, Canada, an area of North America which has no plate boundaries near by to cause an earthquake. Is there a fault line or something there that could have caused it?
While there are no known/proven "faults" there are actually established seismic zones in these parts due to their activity with the Western Quebec and Northeastern Ontario Zone's being significantly more active than the Southern Great Lakes Zone.

However even the "mainstream" or "establishment" here admits they are basically completely clueless about why these areas have any activity at all.

From Natural Resources Canada -
"The causes of earthquakes in eastern Canada are not well understood. Unlike plate boundary regions where the rate and size of seismic activity is directly correlated with plate interaction, eastern Canada is part of the stable interior of the North American Plate. Seismic activity in areas like these seems to be related to the regional stress fields, with the earthquakes concentrated in regions of crustal weakness."
Earthquake Zones in Eastern Canada:
http://www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.c ... .php#SGLSZ

So it would actually be a really good entry point for the EU debate into geological and tectonic theory to focus on these and other regions that experience seismic activity with no related faults/"plate boundaries" and where the establishment admits it's own significant levels of uncertainty.

Cheers,
Jonny
The difference between a Creationist and a believer in the Big Bang is that the Creationists admit they are operating on blind faith... Big Bang believers call their blind faith "theoretical mathematical variables" and claim to be scientists rather than the theologists they really are.

beekeeper

Unread post by beekeeper » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:19 pm

greetings, I am working on a project involving very deep well drilling, in conjunction with developping geothermal power plants. The wells would be well over 7000 meters in depth, and the systems would eventually be established in many countries spanning all continents. I have been following this site for sometime and I do find the electric univers theory the most plausible of all others that I have investigated. Anyway to make my request to the point, I am looking for informations about technical devices that could read magnetic or electrical fluctuations at such depth, comparing the datas of the many systems distributed around the planet once our project comes to be, may give us some insight as to how and when the electrical solar and other activities interact with our planet. Another possibility would be to integrate such devices into the deep gas and oil wells drilled to date and also compare the received datas in relation to solar flares and coronal mass ejection. From here I am going way out of my depths, but reading something about the Kola super deep bore hole that reached depth of over 12 km into the earth crust, one of the fascinating observation made by the researchers at the time was the treemendous amount of hydrogen gas flowing out, boiling the mud used in the drilling of the hole. Assuming that earth was created by a massive coronal ejection from the sun, hydrogen would be a very prominent component of the mantle and core of the planet. Following the EU interpretation of these events the core of the planet is a plasma ball with a solid surface that we call the crust. From this perspective this dirt coated plasma ball would be expected to react as such when struck by a solar or galactic electrical impulse. these should be detectable with instruments placed away from the surface inteferences, and closer to the reacting plasma. Now we send probe into space able to detect magnetic fields and other there must be devices that can be used to do the same work down into the earth crust. Looking for comments and info from anyone with an interest in this subject thanks
If nothing can travel faster than light, how can darkness escape it