Bioelectric precursor shapes the face of a frog!

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

squiz

Bioelectric precursor shapes the face of a frog!

Unread post by squiz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm

For the first time, Tufts University biologists have reported that bioelectrical signals are necessary for normal head and facial formation in an organism and have captured that process in a time-lapse video that reveals never-before-seen patterns of visible bioelectrical signals outlining where eyes, nose, mouth, and other features will appear in an embryonic tadpole.
Amazing, The electric signal appears to be the organizing factor for the biology, is it determining what cell becomes what? as in morphic fields?
The Tufts biologists found that, before the face of a tadpole develops, bioelectrical signals (ion flux) cause groups of cells to form patterns marked by different membrane voltage and pH levels. When stained with a reporter dye, hyperpolarized (negatively charged) areas shine brightly, while other areas appear darker, creating an "electric face."

"When a frog embryo is just developing, before it gets a face, a pattern for that face lights up on the surface of the embryo,"
See the astonishing video at the link.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-fro ... -seen.html

squiz

Re: Bioelectric precursor shapes the face of a frog!

Unread post by squiz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm

I've been giving this some thought, no doubt this could cause a rethink in on many levels and support for some existing ideas.

Considering this TPOD.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/ ... iology.htm
According to author Luc Bürgin, "In laboratory experiments the researchers there Dr. Guido Ebner and Heinz Schürch exposed cereal seeds and fish eggs to an 'electrostatic field' – in other words, to a high voltage field, in which no current flows. Unexpectedly primeval organisms grew out of these seeds and eggs: a fern that no botanist was able to identify; primeval corn with up to twelve ears per stalk; wheat that was ready to be harvested in just four to six weeks. And giant trout, extinct in Europe for 130 years, with so-called salmon hooks. It was as if these organisms accessed their own genetic memories on command in the electric field, a phenomenon, which the English biochemist, Rupert Sheldrake, for instance believes is possible."
Perhaps these observations can all be tied together. Sheldrake's "morphic fields," protein jitter, gamete alteration that leads to speciation, and the electric charges in cells might all be manifestations of plasma's emergent properties. At some time in the past, as these pages have repeatedly emphasized, Earth's electrical properties were substantially altered when other highly charged objects or ionic clouds passed close to our plasmasphere.

Intense electric arcs swept across the surface of the Earth, creating powerful electromagnetic fields that could have transmuted biological organisms in the same way that they changed the atomic structure of elements and minerals. The famous Miller-Urey experiment demonstrated that inorganic compounds exposed to electric currents can be altered to form organic chemicals like amino acids.
I see where Stephen is coming from with this.

I recently read stumbled upon this article....
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-ani ... limbs.html
Genetic instructions for developing limbs and digits were present in primitive fish millions of years before their descendants first crawled on to land, researchers have discovered.
Seems evolution is not so simple, changes in the Earths electric field may well be responsible for evolutionry leaps and extinctions. Rapid changes, if the enviromental change is rapid.

What buisness the genetic information being present for limbs millions of years before it emerged is anyones guess.
I think DNA is but the store of information and there is more in what is unseen.

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 am

squiz wrote:
I recently read stumbled upon this article....
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-ani ... limbs.html
Genetic instructions for developing limbs and digits were present in primitive fish millions of years before their descendants first crawled on to land, researchers have discovered.
What buisness the genetic information being present for limbs millions of years before it emerged is anyones guess.
I think DNA is but the store of information and there is more in what is unseen.
I think the author of the article was a bit irresponsible in his opening paragraph, which you quoted. In the third paragraph, he goes on to say:
The genetic switches that drive the expression of genes in the digits of mice are not only present in fish, but the fish sequence can actually activate the expression in mice," said Igor Schneider, PhD, postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy at the University of Chicago and lead author on the paper. "This tells us how the antecedents of the limb go back in time at every level, from fossils to genes.
In other words, the 'switch' has been controlling limb growth or its antecedents for 400 million years, not specifically limb growth. There is nothing controversial about the long term existence of a limb development system. The discovery is that its control mechanism has been conserved for a very long time.

That does not detract from your OP, however, which is very exciting. I share your opinion that this has something to do with morphic fields and I wonder how it relates to the genetic mechanism: fields really might control genetic expression. :shock:
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

moses

Unread post by moses » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:47 am

That does not detract from your OP, however, which is very exciting. I share your opinion that this has something to do with morphic fields and I wonder how it relates to the genetic mechanism: fields really might control genetic expression.
tayga

This really hit the nail on the head. How easy is it for chromatid to be pushed and shoved by electrical forces, and thus presenting particular genes to the surface where they can be easily expressed. And then we will be on the search for what changes the electric field and in particular the acupuncture meridians and kundalini.
Mo

squiz

Unread post by squiz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

tayga wrote: In other words, the 'switch' has been controlling limb growth or its antecedents for 400 million years, not specifically limb growth. There is nothing controversial about the long term existence of a limb development system. The discovery is that its control mechanism has been conserved for a very long time.
Thanks for the clarification, it's not really an area I'm very knowledgable about. I did get the wrong impression from the article. However my overall point was changes in the electric field of earth being the switch for the genes, fairly vague I know. Perhaps species may have appeared relatively quickly as oppossed to long gradual changes.

It's a side thought, and I'd rather not distract from the original article either, fascinating stuff.

Here's a link to the paper.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 5/suppinfo

Liam Scheff

Unread post by Liam Scheff » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I've just done one radio show about this - (last 15 mins of show, and rest of shows this week):

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theintelhu ... iam-scheff

and

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theintelhu ... scheff.mp3

for download.

And will be joining Robert Scott Bell on NaturalNewsRadio.com tomorrow in the 2nd hour.

http://www.naturalnewsradio.com/

http://www.naturalnewsradio.com/Archive ... ttBell.asp

Both are restreamed after initial airing.

I consider this a paradigm-cracking bit of information. One (predictable) hold-up: the Tufts researchers, missing the point, are already on to 'making new drugs', rather than seeing the EM forces at work in all of life, and in space, etc... they just want to sell more pills. Typical pharma-goons in the making; but what a discovery!

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 am

Very interesting stuff....i just gave a biology undergrad this link...

thanks
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Julian Braggins

Unread post by Julian Braggins » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:26 pm

It seems it has been a long time coming, that is research in the practical field, there were enough hints from Rupert Sheldrake and his morphic fields from ~30 years ago, and Kirlian photography over 40 years ago, both considered crackpottery by the mainstream. Deny, give it another name, look what we discovered. :x