Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Tina

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread post by Tina » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 am

According to EU: electrical stress from (comet) surface discharge activity may cause comet to explode like an overloaded capacitor. Does anyone know what could contribute to such heightened discharge activity because this is Earth's most urgent concern regarding Comet Elenin. :(

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

Lloyd asked:
Is it like putting your hand on a Tesla Plasma Globe and attracting a streamer?

I think that is a valid analogy. We know that the Sun is connected to the planets via Birkeland currents, so I presume that any body travelling through the system that is not in charge balance with the Sun will also have a Birkeland cable acting as a conduit for charge-carrying matter.

Imagine a novelty plasma globe. Place two fingers apart, then draw them together- two plasma filaments become one, right? However, with the solar system, there is a big difference- the filaments do not come together as equals due to proximity to the Sun- one body (except for one brief moment in passing) is always going to be nearer or farther from the Sun than the other.

This means that one body is going to accept a higher electrical stress as it momentarily passes through the other body's plasma filament upon orbital alignment, does it not? The nearer body will be forced to accept the electrical stress of it's own charge sheath as well as the other body's. I would presume so, however I am not really factoring in double layers into this, and I have no idea how that would affect the dynamic of my little thought experiment here.

So let us consider that for a moment that every orbital alignment of the comet and the Earth with the Sun has placed the electrical stress of the far body upon the near body, and so far the electrical impact upon the Earth has been devastating (to humanity) but not cataclysmic to the planet itself. Now in September/October, Comet Elenin will be nearer to the Sun that the Earth will be... how will the comet fare under the electrical stress of the Earth at that point?

Could the increased electrical stress of comets between Sun and planet account for some of the behaviors of sungrazer comets? Will the Earth cease to feel effects from the comet after it passes nearer to the Sun, until such time as it once again moves out past the Earth's orbit, and periodically re-aligns?

I wonder if the effects will be obvious enough that I could call that a prediction of my thesis, and see if I'm proven right? o.O
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:22 am

Tina wrote:According to EU: electrical stress from (comet) surface discharge activity may cause comet to explode like an overloaded capacitor. Does anyone know what could contribute to such heightened discharge activity because this is Earth's most urgent concern regarding Comet Elenin. :(
I think it would be the changing charge environment as the comet moves toward the sun. The charged body will fission in order to relieve electrical stress by increasing surface area.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:26 am

Lloyd wrote:* As I stated on the Electric Earthquakes thread, it looks to me like Comet Elenin, according to that video, must be triggering solar flares, which in turn trigger these major earthquakes. The video showed that the quakes in Chile, New Zealand and Japan all occurred when Elenin was aligned with Earth and the Sun. I even found a video by a woman who predicted a major quake from March 11 to 15 several days before the Japan quake, based on the alignment with Elenin. She showed that the Chile quake occurred during such an alignment.
* Apparently, comets may trigger flares during alignments with any of the planets and the Sun, so I imagine similar activity may be detectable on other planets and moons that get into alignment with Elenin. The question then would be how a flare manages to affect only the planets that are in alignment. Are flares part of an electric discharge between the Sun and the comet? Is it like putting your hand on a Tesla Plasma Globe and attracting a streamer?
Hello Lloyd: I've been following the Comet Elenin information. I've tried to stay positive and non alarmist. It's getting to be a little more difficult. :lol:

michael

Wal's 9 part "Electric Comets"

http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblo ... e_teu1.htm
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Comet Fissioning
Sparky said: I think it would be the changing charge environment as the comet moves toward the sun. The charged body will fission in order to relieve electrical stress by increasing surface area.
* Fissioning is something I forgot to think about in this matter. That gives us something else to be concerned about then. If the comet fissions before early October, part of it could shoot off its present course and hit the Earth.
* Comet Biela fissioned in 1845 and part of it hit Earth on October 8, 1871 and caused the Chicago fire and other terrible fires along with electrical effects in Chicago, Wisconsin and Michigan. Oct. 8 this year will be the 140th anniversary of the Chicago fire, just when Elenin will be on our doorstep. Things could be much worse this time, if we're not lucky, but I suppose the odds are low that any major comet parts will hit us. Nonetheless, it looks like the odds for major earthquake are at least 50/50 for Sep. 27 and Nov. 5.
* Here are links to the Chicago Fire TPODs:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... gofire.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... 7biela.htm
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... gofire.htm
* Michael, I don't think we're engaging in alarmism. Do you? I think it just makes sense to try to prepare for possible disasters.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Lloyd said,

[...]
Michael, I don't think we're engaging in alarmism. Do you? I think it just makes sense to try to prepare for possible disasters.

me again,
I try to be protective of EU and not say things that might embarrass the movement. Because of this, i've tried to avoid being an alarmist.

I mentioned to a friend who lives close to the California coast to stay informed about Elenin. I'm now spreading an alarm.

Faraday Cages are something people might want to consider to protect electronics. And being far away from large cities. A supply of fresh water would be essential. They say you don't appreciate water till your well runs dry. I have friends who live high in the Colorado Rockies. I might visit in late August. Maybe we can have an EU conference there.

If the grid and printed circuits weren't so vulnerable, i'd be less concerned. We've all learned in the last six weeks what happens to nuclear reactors deprived of electricity. Imagine no fire trucks to supply emergency water for cooling.

vulnerable michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

Komorikid

Unread post by Komorikid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm

It just maybe that the final nail in the coffin of the standard orthodoxy of comet theory is at hand.
Shoemaker-Levi made the nightly news, but violence in a neighbourhood far far away can be easily explained away by our scientific spin doctors.
It will be much harder to convince a frightened citizenry that their city is being trashed by chunks of ice, which some how didn't burn up in the atmosphere and look suspiciously like thunderbolts.
Fiction can't be proven. Fact can't be denied - Paul M

Vek

Unread post by Vek » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

mharratsc wrote:"Will the Earth cease to feel effects from the comet after it passes nearer to the Sun, until such time as it once again moves out past the Earth's orbit, and periodically re-aligns?"
21/12/2012 being the first outgoing alignment! :?

Who knew?

Bracing for epic! :|
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

If that ends up being correct... that will be uncomfortably metaphysical to me. :shock:

*Edit: I should specify that it has me thinking of the old 'Rush' album 2112, and it sounds like a bunch of Numerology when you put it that way!*
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Vek

Unread post by Vek » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:55 pm

mharratsc wrote:If that ends up being correct... that will be uncomfortably metaphysical to me. :shock:
Still; no harm in bracing until things seem less uncomfortably metaphysical. ;)

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C ... ;cad=0#orb
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord

Nitai

Unread post by Nitai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Komorikid wrote:It just maybe that the final nail in the coffin of the standard orthodoxy of comet theory is at hand.
Shoemaker-Levi made the nightly news, but violence in a neighbourhood far far away can be easily explained away by our scientific spin doctors.
It will be much harder to convince a frightened citizenry that their city is being trashed by chunks of ice, which some how didn't burn up in the atmosphere and look suspiciously like thunderbolts.
I'm thinking a timely global aurora display as the planet passes the comets tail might shoot a few curve balls at the ice comet theorists.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Sparky wrote:I think it would be the changing charge environment as the comet moves toward the sun. The charged body will fission in order to relieve electrical stress by increasing surface area.
OK then Elenin would reach perihelion [Sun Distance 0.482AU] on Sept 11 2011]. If fragmentation/splitting does occur would this necessarily effect Earth immediately? As Lloyd mentions:
Comet Biela fissioned in 1845 and part of it hit Earth on October 8, 1871 and caused the Chicago fire and other terrible fires along with electrical effects in Chicago, Wisconsin and Michigan.
It was approx 26 years later when Earth past through the Biela'a fragments. Can we calculate location of Elenin's fragments in relation to Earth's orbital path? For instance Mercury will pass through hypothetical vicinity of fragmentation on the 30 July 2012. And... Earth will be in an Earth/Mercury/Sun alignment on this date.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 am

Tina wrote:
OK then Elenin would reach perihelion [Sun Distance 0.482AU] on Sept 11 2011]. If fragmentation/splitting does occur would this necessarily effect Earth immediately? As Lloyd mentions: --
It was approx 26 years later when Earth past through the Biela'a fragments. Can we calculate location of Elenin's fragments in relation to Earth's orbital path? For instance Mercury will pass through hypothetical vicinity of fragmentation on the 30 July 2012. And... Earth will be in an Earth/Mercury/Sun alignment on this date.
I would think that fragments would have more or less parallel paths, increasing chances of collision. so if the comet has passed by before fissioning, then we'd have to wait for the next flyby. I think that predicting locations has gotten pretty good, so we would know if an earth strike was coming.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:07 pm

SL9 Model
* I think SL9 approached Jupiter in 92 and broke apart there, then all the pieces lined up in single-file, until they collided with Jupiter in 94 one after another for some hours, or at least many minutes. I suppose there may be several ways in which a comet could break apart. If it broke apart explosively, I imagine pieces could fly off in many directions, including some toward us.
* Regarding SL9, this site, http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci10 ... assext.htm, says:
In the spring of 1993, a very curious comet was discovered. This comet was not single, but a string of cometary pieces strung out in a line. Running the orbits backwards showed that these pieces most likely came from a parent body which fell apart in 1992 when it passed very close to Jupiter. (from Astronomy Picture of the Day, NASA/HST/H. Weaver, T. Smith http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap970323.html)
- Further calculations showed that the pieces would hit Jupiter in July of 1994. Astronomers around the world prepared to observe the crash.
- The orbit of the comet took it close to both Jupiter and Saturn, so it had been in a chaotic situation similar to the comet illustrated previously between Mars and Jupiter.
* It shows SL9's retrocalculated path here: http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci10 ... 9-7-16.gif.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 am

Lloyd wrote:SL9 Model
* I think SL9 approached Jupiter in 92 and broke apart there, then all the pieces lined up in single-file, until they collided with Jupiter in 94
With perihelion near Mercury's orbital path maybe same could happen to poor little old Mercury.Ouch!