Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

kiwi

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm

this seems to dim until you can barely see the trail, but still seems to cause a fuss on impact .... wouldnt it help if 3d models accompanied these so you know what angle etc is the true course, https://science.nasa.gov/media/medialib ... r_anim.gif
"The storm began on Dec 13th and ended on the 22nd," says Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC. "During that time, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) detected 25 comets diving into the sun. It was crazy!"

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... ometstorm/

Sundiving comets—a.k.a. "sungrazers"—are nothing new. SOHO typically sees one every few days, plunging inward and disintegrating as solar heat sublimes its volatile ices. "But 25 comets in just ten days, that's unprecedented," says Battams.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:22 am

IbiZen wrote:Blackbird, I saw a video linking Jupiter opposition to major earthquakes....the last 19 times....unrelated to Elenin...but the next one is Apr 10, i think...didnt check if it was factual, but if it is, it is statistically significant.

blackbird

Unread post by blackbird » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:04 am

"April 8th at our observatory we carried out planned observations of Comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin). An analysis of the results of the observations shows a rapid growth of the coma. Besides the internal compact gas envelope, the forming rarified external coma is also visible in the image. It’s diameter exceeds 1 minute of arc, or 80,000 km! It is possible that such a rapid growth of the coma is associated with the apparent superposition over it of the comet’s dust tail, which after opposition, still remains invisible to the Earthly observer.

The brightness of the comet also has crossed the 16m boundary, and according to the calculations of Artem Novichonok, has reached 15.4m. Such an estimate is supported by the first visual observations of the comet by Jakub Koukal and Juan Jose Gonzalez on the 4th and 5th of April respectively. It is worth noting that another well-known visual comet observer, Alan Hale, 1995 co-discoverer of comet Hale-Bopp, was not able to find Comet Elenin on April 5th with his 41-cm reflector…

In the image at left still another event is captured – the close approach of Comet Elenin to asteroid 4336 Jasniewicz. Here the closeness of the objects, which are only 11 arc minutes apart, is not an optical illusion but a real physical closeness of two celestial bodies. At the time the image was obtained, the distance between the comet and the 6-km asteroid was just 1,495,000 km (0.01 AU), which is only 3.9 times the average distance between the Earth and Moon (LD). Closest approach of the two objects was several hours earlier; they were only 1,120,000 km apart (0.008 AU)"

http://spaceobs.org/en/tag/c2010-x1-elenin/

goodsamaritan

Unread post by goodsamaritan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 am

New FAQ from http://spaceobs.org/en/asteroids-comets/faq/

Edgar luis Gomez

Does exist any danger for the Earth with the comet?

No, my comet will pass at distance 34 400 000 km from the Earth. For example, minimal distance to another planet of Solar System – Venus is 38 000 000 km. This distance is completely safe for us. Earth may pass through the comet tail, but this event is not dangerous also. In 1910 Earth passed through the Halley’s comet tail and nothing happened.

-------

Edgar luis Gomez

What is the diameter of the core of your Comet?

I can’t exactly answer on this question, I estimate size as 3-4 kilometers in diameter. We can determine size of nucleus by photometry measurements of comet nucleus. But in our case comet is active and they was active when I discovered it. For the rough size estimate I used several images of my comet taken by 2-m Faulkes Telescope North. I tried to exclude influence of coma but this measurements still approximate. If Arecibo will observe my comet, we can determine nucleus size with high accuracy.

------

Alexander Firsov

Can you explain the relationship of the comet with the planet Nibiru? Or is it a myth?

This topic is now being widely discussed in the West; the virus has not yet gotten to us. Honestly, I do not fully grasp the topic of Nibiru, I have only general isolated information. As I understand it, the close approach of Nibiru to the Earth is supposed to happen in December 2012. My comet will pass by the Earth in October 2011. This disconnect doesn’t phase the Nibiru proponents, and they have rewritten the chronology. In December 2012 the comet will already be far from the Earth, beyond the orbit of Jupiter! Furthermore, Nibiru is a rather massive body; it is a planet. The diameter of the core of the comet is only several kilometers, which in no way approaches that of a planet, to say nothing of the fact that if Nibiru were the size of Jupiter, it would have been visible to the UNAIDED eye LONG AGO. But no one has seen it. Every massive body leaves behind it a “gravitational tail”. It influences other bodies. Celestial mechanics has been understood for a long time, and now we have been able achieve accuracy as never before. We send spacecraft to the edge of the Solar System, where, after many years, the spacecraft reach their goal! Thus traveled the Pioneers and the Voyagers. Now New Horizons also travels there. If Nibiru were nearby, we would have discovered it by its gravitational effect (by the way, that’s how, a tiny pinpoint, Neptune was discovered in the middle of the 19th century!). I continue, my comet is only a comet which will pass near the Earth. It has happened in the past; it will happen in the future. I suggest we simply enjoy the coming spectacle that is totally harmless to the Earth. To look at the beauty of the Cosmos around us…

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Question: regards sungrazers and the CME's said to relate and react to the proximity of these objects,... what do the records show during years of low sunspot activity? ... was it 2008 that was an exceptionally quiet year? ... were there no sungrazers passing during these ebbs? ... if so, what was seen?

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:19 am

I'm wondering how familiar Dr. Elenin is with Plasma Physics? Does he realize this comet is probably carrying a negative charge compared to the inner solar system? Does he understand the consequences? He seems to see no problems. Is he familiar with the EU model for the Chicago fire. Has he read Wal's, "Electric Comets"?

http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblo ... e_teu1.htm

Does he take into account the events during the Carrington Event? Comet Elenin could have an influence on the Sun.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... gtonflare/

I still think and hope this will be visually interesting, and nothing else.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Hopefully Dr. Elenin is getting up to speed WRT electric comets. I assume some of the EU folks have supplied him with the appropriate links.

But his comments to date don't seem to include electricity as a factor.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Komorikid

Unread post by Komorikid » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Has anyone here considered that Elenin may not actually be a comet.
All the posts here keep referring to NASA's evidence for a comet but I found this post on YouTube which seem to point to something much more sinister.
It could be total BS but the evidence presented is from NASA only it is interpreted in a whole new light given the timing of the various alignments shown.

http://www.youtube.com/user/markinportl ... nG8Pa0u-4U

Also worth looking at are the subsequent videos of how the USGS “disappeared” the earthquake records on it's site without any explanation in early April

http://www.youtube.com/user/markinportl ... Mab3VbBOlw

http://www.youtube.com/user/markinportl ... H2UANYbpXA
Fiction can't be proven. Fact can't be denied - Paul M

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:10 am

I didn't quite catch his reasoning as to why he thinks that Elenin is a brown dwarf... did I missing something? o.O
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Vek

Unread post by Vek » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Been following a few of these recently.
Folk are matching up the earthquakes and the alignments and without plasma cosmology to fall back on; they figure instead of electrical effects being caused by a negatively charged, incoming, smaller body... it must be something the size of a brown dwarf, Nibiru, planet X, etc, etc; in order to provide the gravitational pull, imagined to be causing the shake ups.
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Ahhh, now I get it. Thanks, Vek. :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Vek,
Thanks for that explanation I was wondering the same thing.

Elenin is presently between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, closer to the orbit of Mars.
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C ... ;cad=0#orb

Would not this gentleman in the Youtube video, realize that a Brown Dwarf would be an awe inspiring naked eye object at that distance?

Instead it is a faint object of around the 15th magnitude, difficult to visually observe even in a fairly large telescope. This brightness is consistent with a relatively small object, typical comet/asteroid sized, certainly not a brown dwarf.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observin ... 04774.html
Another consideration is that the visual estimates (magnitude 15.3 and 14.9, respectively) are at odds with CCD observations suggesting something no brighter than magnitude 16.
Nick

Komorikid

Unread post by Komorikid » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry guys I was not suggesting his brown dwarf statement was valid.
I was more interested in the alignments and the recent spate of earthquakes.
I was wondering if a comet this far out could have an effect on the solar activity we have been seeing lately.
Piers Corbyn of Weather Action has used these recent solar storms to predict the timing of the NZ and Japan quakes and his latest prediction for this weekend has also been spot on with a quake in the Solomon Islands and today one in Indonesia.
Fiction can't be proven. Fact can't be denied - Paul M

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:20 pm

I seriously hope none of the recent seismic activity is related to Comet Elenin. If any of the recent tragic events are related to Elenin, then September is problematic.

I would prefer HAARP as the culprit. At least it can be turned off. This is not to suggest HAARP is the culprit.

If the comet is causing these problems so far out, then i might be getting more negative. The comet is farther than Mars. Mars is cold. I'm guessing the electrical potential past mars is less than the inner solar system, our neck of the woods.

So here's hoping the recent earthquakes are just part of the natural process, unrelated to comet Elenin.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:35 pm

* As I stated on the Electric Earthquakes thread, it looks to me like Comet Elenin, according to that video, must be triggering solar flares, which in turn trigger these major earthquakes. The video showed that the quakes in Chile, New Zealand and Japan all occurred when Elenin was aligned with Earth and the Sun. I even found a video by a woman who predicted a major quake from March 11 to 15 several days before the Japan quake, based on the alignment with Elenin. She showed that the Chile quake occurred during such an alignment.
* Apparently, comets may trigger flares during alignments with any of the planets and the Sun, so I imagine similar activity may be detectable on other planets and moons that get into alignment with Elenin. The question then would be how a flare manages to affect only the planets that are in alignment. Are flares part of an electric discharge between the Sun and the comet? Is it like putting your hand on a Tesla Plasma Globe and attracting a streamer?