Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Aardwolf

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread post by Aardwolf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 am

starbiter wrote:I met a retired mechanical engineer who worked for Westinghouse. He was in the nuclear reactor division. I asked if the computers, pumps, and backup generators were shielded from an external electromagnetic surge. He said not at all. The shielding is only for the reactor, to keep radiation in. So if a negatively charged comet or fragment caused an event like the Chicago Fire, where railings glowed with Saint Elmo's Fire, every reactor in the vicinity could melt down to the water table. Bummer! Nuclear might not be the answer in an Electric Universe. The Chicago Fire was probably one fragment. There could be multiple fragments. There could hopefully be no fragments. But knowing about the electric nature of comets makes reactors dependent on unshielded printed circuits, nuts!

If it was possible to shield a generator and a pump for fuel, what devices would be best to shield from a comet zap? A refrigerator freezer might be nice. A computer with Holoscience on the hard drive? Rechargeable flash lights? A jeep?

michael
Thorium reactors (the most viable option going forward) do not melt down as the core is already molten. They are also self regulating and have no pressurised containment system thereby reducing any potential for explosions. India and soon China will no doubt be building dozens of these plants, while the western world are busy throwing money away on vast swathes of land to build virtually useless windmills.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:12 am

Hello Ardawolf: it's good to hear that future reactors will be safer. What would happen to existing reactors without computers and pumps?

Michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Dotini, Earth brushed against the dust tail in 1911...this time we will go through the ion tail, which has not happened in recorded history ...plasma.
On Sep 27 Elenin will transit between the Sun and the Earth and its ion tail will be pointed straight at us...it will also be new Moon, meaning the Sun, Elenin, Moon and Earth will be aligned(with Uranus behind Earth and Mercury and Venus out of the way on the other side of the Sun. If any of you believe in cosmic thunderbolts, this might be an interesting time. Strong electromagnetic disturbance is possible, as is damage to electronics and power grids.
The light of the Sun might be scattered by the coma and the dust tail of the comet, making the Sun look diffused and the sky darker. It is possible in these conditions that the new Moon could be visible, as a black Moon.
Then around closest approach Oct 17, Earth should begin to go through the dust tail, creating significant meteor showers (and remember, all the lights might have fried on Sep 27). The meteor shower would peak around Nov 3 , when Earth crosses the path of Elenin.
The odds are that it will be dud...but if it isnt.......

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:22 pm

IbiZen wrote:On Sep 27 Elenin will transit between the Sun and the Earth and its ion tail will be pointed straight at us.

The light of the Sun might be scattered by the coma and the dust tail of the comet, making the Sun look diffused and the sky darker. It is possible in these conditions that the new Moon could be visible, as a black Moon.
Marvelous and exciting descriptions of celestial events there, IbiZen. I like! :D

However, it is hard to accept that Elenin's ion tail will actually point straight at Earth. From the graphics I've seen, it will be out of the plane of the ecliptic and a long way off.

I'd like to believe you, so it would help if you could link to a JPL site which would confirm your exciting predictions.

Highest regards,
Dotini

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 am

Dotini
I am not making predictions. just pointing out possibilities, which I say at the end, are unlikely.
Please read what happened to Ulysses when it met McNaught´s tail. much further away than we will be from Elenin
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/arch ... naught.htm

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 am

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:57 am

IbiZen, I'm very grateful for those links. It looks like the comet will indeed be in the plane of the ecliptic, but inside the orbit of Venus, so the tail would have to be long indeed to ionize us. Photos of the object released so far do not seem to show much of a tail, so it may as you suggest be a popular dud like Kahoutek. How could a comet of over a million years period fail to have a vigorous tail?
Edit: Found this pic of a tail: http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod2010/0 ... _strip.jpg

I'd like to verify and nail down EU/PC insights as better accepted facts, but when confronting skeptics on other forums, I've found I need to be well prepared with plenty of data and skepticism of my own. Again, your assistance is greatly appreciated on my part. I'm charmed by the prospect of a "black Moon"!

Respectfully,
Dotini

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:05 am

Hey Dotini
Thank you for your kind words.
My hopes and prayers are that this Comet turns into a show that is so beautiful and amazing that ever human being will see it and smile...together... By trying to imagine something amazing happening, I hope to somehow help manifest it.
Still, my practical side demands rational parameters from my imagination, so i prefer to call these ideas plausible...even though not probable.
Wishing you Joy and Harmony
Marc

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 am

Ibizen said,

[...]
Dotini, Earth brushed against the dust tail in 1911...this time we will go through the ion tail, which has not happened in recorded history ...plasma.

Me again,
I disagree with your statement. Worlds in Collision describes the Earth's interaction with a comet ion tail.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21746049/Veli ... -Collision

The first encounter was a massive comet, probably Venus. The second encounter was probably with Mars. During the Mars events many small fragments are described. These could have been comet fragments or pieces of Mars. This was the time of Isaiah. The events were recorded in amazing detail. Most people reject the stories as impossible, out of hand. There is no way to explain a river of fire that melts mountains like wax, is there? There is no way for boulders to fall from the sky. The Sun could never rise in the West, twice. The people writing down the stories must have been crazy, or writing a morality play.

The electrical nature of the events described gave Velikovsky enough confidence to challenge his neighbor [Einstein] on the nature of physics, making electricity a factor.

Dr Velikovsky,

http://www.varchive.org/bdb/comet.htm Please read the whole link. The entire website is wonderful.

[...]
The problem between Einstein and myself was always the same, and we were equally obstinate: he because the mathematical model coincided with such unimaginable precision with the natural events, nowhere better observable than in the celestial sphere with the planets and their satellites on the prescribed paths; I, because it appeared to me that these exact coincidences between theory and nature had been achieved at the cost of a grievous omission—of electrical charges and fields. Natural catastrophes which I discovered to have taken place were my starting point, but these catastrophes were denied, and my description of the phenomena that accompanied them evoked the accusation that I had committed an outrage against the entire house of science. Yet even independently of what I read in ancient sources, historical or legendary, the picture of the solar system in which electricity and magnetism were absent and denied a role was strange to me.

me again,
The events described in both cases would not be good for the grid or printed circuits.

wishing for a dud, michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am

starbiter wrote:Hello Ardawolf: it's good to hear that future reactors will be safer. What would happen to existing reactors without computers and pumps?

Michael
I am only pointing out that nuclear power is safe in an Electric Universe. Most rectors (and all western world) have containment systems to specifically prevent/contain meltdown. RBMK's (Chernobyl) did not have containment systems because the Soviets built thier reactors as dual purpose to give them the option to extract weapon grade plutonium. And since Chernobyl these have all been upgraded to prevent the possibily of meltdown.

Nuclear power generation isnt anywhere as dangerous as the media and environmental establishment would lead us to believe.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 am

Hi Aardwolf: I was under the impression water was required to cool the core of reactors. Without pumps to supply the water, and computers to direct things, and motors to shut things down, might not there be a problem?

Often things are engineered wonderfully, then an accountant comes along looking for savings. No offense to accountants. On other occasions, expert engineers are often surprised that bridges and dams fail.

Was the danger of Three Mile Island over stated?

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Michael.
My comment about the ion tail referred to the Halleys event and that the panic was about the touching the dust tail, not the ion tail.
I am a fan of this page and quite aware of the possible implications.
Getting back to the dust tail, it has just occurred to me that starting Sep 27, the dust tail will be between the Sun and the Earth, until it eventually engulfs the Earth, until around Nov 3 when the Earth clears the debris.
If the tail is significant this event will alter the sky for 5 weeks, and will scare the shit out of most people.
I think it would be a lot better to present this as a unique sky show rather than a cloud of darkness engulfing the Earth (with matching cosmic thunderbolts).
Whatever might happen, there is nothing we can do about it, except focus our imagination on the beautiful possibilities....this planet needs something amazing to help us remember who and what we are and can be. Maybe this is the thing....
But officially for now, let´s say it will probably be a dud...
Marc

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 pm

starbiter wrote:Hi Aardwolf: I was under the impression water was required to cool the core of reactors. Without pumps to supply the water, and computers to direct things, and motors to shut things down, might not there be a problem?
Coolant is only one the systems to prevent meltdown. If that fails the sealed containment building itself is the final option. Coolant is to prevent meltdown, once that's failed it doesn't matter about the electric and pumps. RBMK's didn't have that final failsafe. Thorium doesn't even need that as it's self regulating. If it overheats the reaction effectively shuts down.

starbiter wrote:Often things are engineered wonderfully, then an accountant comes along looking for savings. No offense to accountants. On other occasions, expert engineers are often surprised that bridges and dams fail.
None of the nuclear reactor accidents have anything to do with budget cuts. It's normally human error and that can happen anywhere in any industry.

starbiter wrote:Was the danger of Three Mile Island over stated?
The reactor was brought under control and no fatalities, unlike the thousands that have been killed digging for coal. There was never any danger of an accident similar to Chernobyl.

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 pm

There is something very ironic about the idea that Elenin could prove the Electric model and fry every electric circuit.

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:42 pm

IbiZen wrote:Dotini, Earth brushed against the dust tail in 1911...this time we will go through the ion tail, which has not happened in recorded history ...plasma.
On Sep 27 Elenin will transit between the Sun and the Earth and its ion tail will be pointed straight at us...it will also be new Moon, meaning the Sun, Elenin, Moon and Earth will be aligned(with Uranus behind Earth and Mercury and Venus out of the way on the other side of the Sun. If any of you believe in cosmic thunderbolts, this might be an interesting time. Strong electromagnetic disturbance is possible, as is damage to electronics and power grids.
Then around closest approach Oct 17, Earth should begin to go through the dust tail, creating significant meteor showers (and remember, all the lights might have fried on Sep 27). The meteor shower would peak around Nov 3 , when Earth crosses the path of Elenin.
The odds are that it will be dud...but if it isnt.......
Isn't there usually a curve to the tail of a comet? I was thinking it might be more like the first week of October before we felt the full brunt of the tail, because of the curve. Anyone got a graphic of a comet tail with respect to the flow of energy coming from the sun?