Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Dotini

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Please explain to a rookie why the comet would acquire negative charge, and not positive.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:43 am

Hello Dotini: The idea of me explaining this seems ludicrous to me, but here goes. My ideas on this come from reading Wal. If i screw this up please, someone, correct me.

The solar system has a positive [the sun] and negative [heliopause]. As a comet moves away from the sun it slowly becomes negatively charged. As it reaches aphelion [greatest distance from the sun] it is moving very slowly. It has been decelerating the entire outward trip. The longer this comet lingers, the more negative it becomes. After aphelion, the comet starts to accelerate towards the sun. Slowly at first. During this slow acceleration the comet is still balancing it's charge with the negative environment. I assume that at some point on the inward leg the comet would actually be balanced with the electrical environment.

Now it gets interesting. Now the comet starts to really accelerate. The now negatively charged comet enters the more positive area closer to the sun. As the differential between the negative comet and positive sun increases the comet becomes an EU laboratory. It forms a plasma sheath. When the process gets strong enough the surface of the comet starts to be electrically eroded in a process similar to electric discharge machining [EDM]. If the current becomes strong enough the comet can explode or effect the sun. I believe comet fragments were responsible for the Chicago fire, Tunguska, and the New Madrid earthquake.

Comet Elenin seems to be at the high end of long period comets. Wiki says 200 years to a few million years for long period comets. If the 3 million estimate for Elenin is correct things could be interesting. On the other hand, comets that were supposed to be spectacular were dudes. But those predictions were made in an electrically neutral world.

The link below is the good stuff. After You look at the article, i suggest the archive. It's wonderful!

http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=hcabb8zj

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I should have mentioned that as the comet excelerates towards the Sun, the increased speed doesn't allow time for the negatively charged comet to equalize it's charge with the positive Sun. Hence the charge differential.
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Meteor showers are usually caused by the Earth going through the debris streams of comets which have long passed...but Earth will be going through Elenin's stream only 2 weeks after Elenin passes (Nov 3).
Does this mean we will be getting a massive meteor shower?
What region of the sky would they be coming from (and what name would the meteor shower have)?

Before that, on Sep 26 Elenin will be exactly between the Sun and the Earth, meaning that its ion tail will be pointed straight at Earth, at a distance of .396 au. Is it possible according to EU models, that the tail might be long enough to reach Earth? What would be the effects?

This is going to be very interesting....

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi IbiZen!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your information and question. In partial response, I found this:

http://www.crystalinks.com/comets.html
When you have a large comet that moves well inside the orbit of Earth, you have the potential for a long tail. The current record holder for longest tail length is the Great Comet of 1843. Its tail extended more than 250 million kilometers. What this means is that if the comet's nucleus were placed in the center of the sun the tail would have stretched passed the orbits of Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars!

That's interesting about September 26 and the comet between Earth and Sun at .396 AU. Do you have a source for this information?

High regards,
Dotini

smartart

Unread post by smartart » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Papyrus Ipuwer (Velikovsky - controversial) is suggested as describing cometary influence.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Here's a link (I think it's a peer-reviewed paper, didn't check) to a different comet (Halley) but it's interesting enough electrically that you guys might enjoy reading it.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~tamas/TI ... ch2003.pdf
Jim

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 am

Hi Dotini
The information is from JPL orbital diagram...you can look yourself and play around with it.
As far as Elenin crossing Earth´s orbit, it will actually cross slightly above so we would need the opinion of our expert board hosts as to whether Earth would be transiting through a debris field.
m

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks for the link Jim, but not being an engineer I cannot really understand what it means, and how it applies.
I do like the concept of Alfven wings !!!
m

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 am

This TPOD by Steve Smith has comet info that relates to this thread.

http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2011/arch11/110228den.htm
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 am

ummmmm, a highly charged comet between the sun, which it will be interacting electrically with, and earth, also electrically interacting with the sun!...How do you spell ZAaaaaaP?.. :D
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

IbiZen

Unread post by IbiZen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Just informed Leonid Elenin about this forum (via the omnipotent facebook) ...look forward to him joining us.

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 am

I met a retired mechanical engineer who worked for Westinghouse. He was in the nuclear reactor division. I asked if the computers, pumps, and backup generators were shielded from an external electromagnetic surge. He said not at all. The shielding is only for the reactor, to keep radiation in. So if a negatively charged comet or fragment caused an event like the Chicago Fire, where railings glowed with Saint Elmo's Fire, every reactor in the vicinity could melt down to the water table. Bummer! Nuclear might not be the answer in an Electric Universe. The Chicago Fire was probably one fragment. There could be multiple fragments. There could hopefully be no fragments. But knowing about the electric nature of comets makes reactors dependent on unshielded printed circuits, nuts!

If it was possible to shield a generator and a pump for fuel, what devices would be best to shield from a comet zap? A refrigerator freezer might be nice. A computer with Holoscience on the hard drive? Rechargeable flash lights? A jeep?

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 am

In 1911 we were bathed in Halley's tail with apparently little harmful affect. Of course, that's a short period comet.

The 1859 Carrington Event was the largest known solar storm with flare and CME striking Earth. The best preparation seems to be disconnecting electric and electronic devices from use during the storm.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

starbiter

Unread post by starbiter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 am

I agree that unplugging devices would help. But the metal railings that glowed with St Elmo's Fire during the Chicago Fire weren't plugged in.
I Ching #49 The Image
Thus the superior man

www.EU-geology.com