Earths Magnetic Field

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Dotini

What's Happening to the Magnetosphere?

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:37 pm

http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulatio ... index.html

Has anyone noticed the worldwide reports of bird and fish deaths, now in the billions?
Is Earth's magnetic field going haywire due to an accelerating pole shift?

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Shelgeyr

Re: What's Happening to the Magnetosphere?

Unread post by Shelgeyr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:42 pm

While not expressing an opinion one way or the other, I have to admit that - given that they are charged sheath vortexes after all - I am wondering if the New Years Eve tornados were correlated with the bird deaths.

Not causal, but whether the tornados were spawned and the birds killed by the same thing. And if so, what's that thing?

Not saying they are... just wondering.
Shelgeyr
Sometimes I feel like a tiger’s got my leg...

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Has the magnetosphere gone white hot? How is this to be interpreted?
http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulation/realtime/

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Unless their instruments have all gone wonky, there is some very erratic, perhaps not unprecedented, solar activity right now. Earlier on today I saw both the solar wind density and pressure go 'off the clock', which I have never seen before. The IMF was swinging hard north to south too. Just a burp, or more to come?
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Has anyone noticed the worldwide reports of bird and fish deaths, now in the billions?
Is Earth's magnetic field going haywire due to an accelerating pole shift?
In the billions? Where'd you get that number? A link would help. ;)

Regardless, mass bird and fish die-offs are pretty common. All it takes is a couple of unrelated "mysterious" incidents and all of a sudden everybody is digging up every story of bird and fish kills that pretty much happen somewhere in the world every day. The causes are numerous and natural so take your pick out of dozens of scenarios. As I recall reading recently, there were at least 90 reported mass bird die-offs in the U.S. in the last half of 2010 alone, which is a typical frequency. Add like an order of magnitude for global frequency.
Has the magnetosphere gone white hot? How is this to be interpreted?
From the Space Weather Simulation website:

"Real-time images of the earth's magnetosphere reproduced by the real-time magnetosphere simulation system."

The simulations are depicting a "fast" solar plasma stream from a coronal hole (phase space hole in the outer charge sheath). Happens all the time.

"Earth is inside a solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole."

Which answers this question:
Unless their instruments have all gone wonky, there is some very erratic, perhaps not unprecedented, solar activity right now. Earlier on today I saw both the solar wind density and pressure go 'off the clock', which I have never seen before. The IMF was swinging hard north to south too. Just a burp, or more to come?
Here's something else:
That's just a G1 geomagnetic storm...the least energetic storm category on a scale that maxes out at G5. This one is caused by being in the stream of a coronal hole (see above).

At least 16,000 children died yesterday, today and will tomorrow et. cetera, due to malnutrition or starvation. That's a well known fact, it is what it is unfortunately, yet how often do you hear about it in the news?

I think oftentimes it's the instantaneous distribution of every day events that makes some folks think there's something unusual going on when it's really just another day on the third rock from our misasma of plasma.

cheers
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 am

he only hits net. im tellin ya

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Solrey-
I agree with you infact run into the same type of issue as a quality manager. People often say something is new or a unique event when it is often not as proven by the data. I did have a question though. As you have already stated this is a normal even you have not stated any cause. I was wonder what would the cause be for something like this where hundreds of birds fall from the sky and in one area it is due to some type of physical trama and in another they claim it to be unknown cause of death with no sign of trama. Also, what would cause this to happen to a large number of birds at night that dont fly at night? In the news they pose some answers that, although I dont find them plausible even in an isolated event, becomes even less of an explanation if this is a common occurance. My training and experience tells me that when you have a common occurance, especially as common as you say, there is a common cause, not a unique one like they proposed on the news. What are your thoughts? Could the common cause be electrical atmospheric events or something else?

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-bay.html

This article provides an okay summation of the worldwide bird and fish deaths. It also mentions magnetic pole shift effects. After discovery in the 19th century, it was determined the pole was moving a few kilometers a year. Now it is racing at 55km/yr.

Anyhow, I have accepted that the bird and fish deaths are routine, and happen naturally all the time. It is merely "better reporting" that causes the frisson of interest. In the south, deaths of nuisance birds may well be attributed to human action.

Respectfully and open to correction,
Dotini

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

I have been wondering if something in the way of a toxic gas has been percolating up through the waterways, poisoning vulnerable species and fish.

If we assume that the Mississippi River exists because a crack occurred in the crust there (EDM or GET, anyone?), and then filled with water thereafter--wouldn't that mean that there could be weaknesses below the surface of the crust?

But I've also been wondering about the shifting magnetic poles. I'm glad they brought that out in the Daily Mail article.

Personally, I think the dearth of honeybees is at least partially related to the shifting magnetic pole/field of the Earth. I have saved/printed articles about the honeybee situation. Some mentioned that during the time period when the honeybees have gone missing, airplanes flying at high altitude have collided with masses of honeybees. I can well imagine that would result in a lot of dead bees, but they would be widely dispersed by the winds before they ever reached the ground, so they would not ever have been found as a group. On the other hand, if the honeybees simply were flying too high and the high altitude killed them, you would have the same dispersal of their carcasses. It could also be related to the use of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in their winter rations.

OT: I know this is not a nutrition forum, but I have to say that I believe the problem with HFCS in both humans and animals is not that it's a sweet, per se, but because it's formed by the action of fungal enzymes, which leads to there being mycotoxins in it. If you want a quick place to look for why that's a problem, check out http://www.knowthecause.com .

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 am

When I was a kid I saw a flock of hundreds of birds get zapped, while roosting during a storm on the power lines running behind our back yard, when lightning hit a transformer a couple of houses down. For almost a hundred meters it was like someone laid out a creepy carpet on the ground with dozens of them still dangling upside down on the lines above in a scene not unlike a macabre parade. Saw a few fish kills over the years too, especially after the river nearby would flood the surrounding fields and woods in the spring.

I think media hype combined with the "information highway" have portrayed these common events as something unusual. This National Geographic article describes it pretty well. Why Are Birds Falling From the Sky?
But the in-air bird deaths aren't due to some apocalyptic plague or insidious experiment—they happen all the time, scientists say. The recent buzz, it seems, was mainly hatched by media hype.

At any given time there are "at least ten billion birds in North America ... and there could be as much as 20 billion—and almost half die each year due to natural causes," said ornithologist Greg Butcher, director of bird conservation for the National Audubon Society in Washington, D.C.
[..]
No matter how it arrives, death appears to be very much a fact of life for birds. "Young birds that hatch in the spring have an approximately 75 percent chance of not reaching their first birthdays," the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's Rowe said.

"To biologists, these deaths are normal occurrences.

"I wish I could take all this energy and attention on these deaths and direct them toward true crises in wildlife biology, to things like the white-nose syndrome in bats," Rowe added.
I think most of the recent fish kills have been attributed to a sudden drop in temperatures in those waters.

I don't think the shifting magnetic pole is to blame either. Birds can sense the magnetic field coupled to their vision, but the magnetic field is not their only means of navigation as they also have the ability to remember terrain like we would pull out a map. Some birds even hide food in the ground and can remember hundreds of locations. I often watch scrub jays and ravens in the back yard go through a process of looking around to visually get their bearings to remember the spot before poking nuts and stuff into the ground to save for the lean times. As for the bees, now that seems to be something we humans brought on ourselves by the overall toxification of our environment which stresses the bees health to the point where they can no longer handle fungus and/or disease.

I'm with Rowe. I'd like to see all the energy put into this kind of hype re-directed toward solving some of the real problems we've created.

* ElecGeekMom, here's some research on HFCS from Princeton you might be interested in.
High-fructose corn syrup and sucrose are both compounds that contain the simple sugars fructose and glucose, but there at least two clear differences between them. First, sucrose is composed of equal amounts of the two simple sugars -- it is 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose -- but the typical high-fructose corn syrup used in this study features a slightly imbalanced ratio, containing 55 percent fructose and 42 percent glucose. Larger sugar molecules called higher saccharides make up the remaining 3 percent of the sweetener. Second, as a result of the manufacturing process for high-fructose corn syrup, the fructose molecules in the sweetener are free and unbound, ready for absorption and utilization. In contrast, every fructose molecule in sucrose that comes from cane sugar or beet sugar is bound to a corresponding glucose molecule and must go through an extra metabolic step before it can be utilized.

respectfully submitted
solrey
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

Aveo9

Unread post by Aveo9 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:31 pm

I read that there are many reasons for mass bird deaths, and the most common seem to be disease or toxicity. However in the recent Arkansas case it was found to be the result of "multiple blunt-force trauma" wounds to their vital organs. The leading theory is that they got caught up in the New Year's fireworks.
"If opposite poles attracted each other, they would be together in the middle of a magnet instead of at its ends"
-- Walter Russell

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 am

When I was in Naval Aircrew Candidate School back in '81 or '82 in Pensacola, FL in February, we had a 'fast freeze' that dropped the temp in Pensacola Bay so fast that dead fish were washing up in the training area of the bay in the thousands. :\

The one good thing from the event was that we got to do helicopter rescue simulations in the Big Pool instead of actually having to swim in that ungodly frigid water full of dead fish gack to get picked up by a real helicopter! ;)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Ion01

Unread post by Ion01 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Very interesting stuff. I too doubt thr magnetic pole as a cause as, although it may be moving, it is still in a realitive enough position so as to not cuase something like mass bird deaths. Also, as to the mass bee deaths issue a search for bees and virus and fungus will provide the answer. Later!

Vek

Unread post by Vek » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am

Chemtrails
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord