Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

Unread postby CCCstar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I have been reading the work of Gilbert N. Ling for many years on and off again. His definition of biological life is far better that the dogma of typical textbooks.

His books like "Life at the cell and below cell level" have been most interesting. (See http://www.gilbertling.org/ ). Now looking at Double Layer in plasma, there is an interesting similarity in the cell water multilayer described by Ling. I will go and read his work again with the EU in mind.
I Grok Pollack. Dr. Gerald Pollack is going to rock your universe in Vegas!
User avatar
CCCstar
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

Unread postby HelloNiceToMeetYou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:52 am

I hope some people talk about this. Biology is not my thing. To much to memorize :lol:
User avatar
HelloNiceToMeetYou
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

Unread postby CCCstar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:12 pm

If you look over G. N. Ling, and want more, there is Dr. Björn E.W. Nordenström
who "became interested in streaks, spikes and coronas that he saw in X-ray
images of lung tumors" I recommend his original monograph only.
"Biologically Closed Electric Circuits" the hardback. His later work went
off the deep end into metaphysical acupuncture theory. However, his initial
surgical study is an awesome start on internal body currents and the effect
on metabolism of charge differential in our organs and the non-vascular
pathways between them. I do not recommend Nordenstrom's irrational plunge
into acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
http://www.iabc.readywebsites.com/page/page/623957.htm

The "right answer" to investigation of scientific acupuncture is by George
Ulett and J.S. Han, or his son S.P Han. I had the pleasure to study with
Dr. Ulett when I was a student in St. Louis years ago. His work is
summarized in The Biology of Acupuncture.
http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Acupunctu ... 0875275346 . Ulett
and Han and Han spent a lifetime of research effort to show a clear pathway
of how specific frequencies cause the human and some animal model nervous
systems to produce natural neuro peptitide opiates. A well designed 30
minute stimulus can produce the anesthetic effect equal to 10 m.g. sodium
morphine sulphate in 80% of the human population. (The other 20% are non
responders by genetics, and actually preceive pain differently). The work
begs the question if other frequency specific stimuli could cause other nero
peptide production in humans as a beneficial therapy. It is a very powerful
and harmless treatment procedure, a "new field" of medicine, but nobody want
to study it! The dogma of physicians won't allow acupuncture, and the dogma
of acupuncture-ists wont drop their TCM roots to use science! I have an
interest in this potential field and hope to "get around to it" in the near
term. It is not EU related, but the real harmless treatment therapy
breakthroughs may utilize both frequency stimulus to produce RNA synthesis
and small applied current over long periods of time to preferentially move
the metabolites.
I Grok Pollack. Dr. Gerald Pollack is going to rock your universe in Vegas!
User avatar
CCCstar
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

Unread postby CCCstar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:15 pm

HelloNiceToMeetYou wrote:I hope some people talk about this. Biology is not my thing. To much to memorize :lol:


You may want to view Ling's web page shown. There is a solid start for non-professionals. Good grief if you can read these forums you will be able to gather the fundamentals of cell physiology. :o
I Grok Pollack. Dr. Gerald Pollack is going to rock your universe in Vegas!
User avatar
CCCstar
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Life defined: Nano-protoplasm: the Ultimate Unit of Life

Unread postby goldentree » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am

Wow, that's a mountain of reading material in that little link. It's all very mechanical, but it seems to be in harmony with some of the ideas indroduced to me by Dr. R. Rudra Narasimham. This artical literally changed my life.
http://bhavanajagat.com/2010/09/13/the- ... knowledge/
goldentree
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 am


Return to The Human Question

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron