Lightning

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Jarvamundo

Re: Lightning Slowed Down 300 Percent

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:15 pm

kiwi wrote:sorry this is the enlargement here http://www.aerosphere.com/Magazine/UFO_ ... eli1.shtml
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 763#p36534
To carry this one step further what we’ve done is superimposed fluxes from Tesla transformers in bulbs filled with gaseous media … and: When you do this you find that you actually start to get galactic formations and what appears to be outlines of marine organisms all with the most stunning color. And this connects directly to Reich’s Cosmic Superimpostion Theory where, if you take; two primary energy fluxes and converge them in a space these longitudinal – not scalar – but longitudinal fluxes will start to form a spiral formation which grabs up the energy and these spirals are again all based on these log periodic form.
Nice one JL n co

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 pm

if you take; two primary energy fluxes and converge them in a space these longitudinal – not scalar – but longitudinal fluxes will start to form a spiral formation which grabs up the energy and these spirals are again all based on these log periodic form.
I thought longitudinal=scalar?

how does plasma behave in a glass "cube" as opposed to a sphere?

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:42 pm

kiwi wrote:I thought longitudinal=scalar?
Scalar has no period, no wavelength, is therefore not a wave.
Longitudinal waves have these things, and are waves.
EG: sound in a room, air pressure is the scalar component, soundwave is the longitudinal component.

It's a common nomenclature issue, i'm with Dollard on that one, it's stupid.
kiwi wrote:how does plasma behave in a glass "cube" as opposed to a sphere?
Follows the same laws

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 pm

thanks for that .... :D

Dragoneye

Unread post by Dragoneye » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 am

kiwi wrote:Just had a friend post this to another site .... offered as a possible UFO, but noted by one poster (who is not involved in EUT) as an effect of plasma,... this may have been featured somewhere in the archives here already, but here is the link anyway .... I think it would make an interesting TPOD

cheers

http://www.aerosphere.com/Magazine/UFO_ ... ufo1.shtml
Could that object have been a plasmoid? The concept of scaling would seem to apply to plasmoids also. The odd shape similar to Egyptian royal headdress may be due to atmospheric pressures/interactions or more likely due to shifting electrical pressures during the storm.

Maxwell Jennings

Re: clickie clickie

Unread post by Maxwell Jennings » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:31 am

Here's a cool technique to try with online videos such as the Lightning Slowed Down 300x. Click the play-pause button in rapid succession as fast as you can and you'll see even more details!

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Dragoneye wrote:
kiwi wrote:Just had a friend post this to another site .... offered as a possible UFO, but noted by one poster (who is not involved in EUT) as an effect of plasma,... this may have been featured somewhere in the archives here already, but here is the link anyway .... I think it would make an interesting TPOD

cheers

http://www.aerosphere.com/Magazine/UFO_ ... ufo1.shtml
Could that object have been a plasmoid? The concept of scaling would seem to apply to plasmoids also. The odd shape similar to Egyptian royal headdress may be due to atmospheric pressures/interactions or more likely due to shifting electrical pressures during the storm.

hopefully someone can comment on that query, ..... I wonder wether the "bubble"is the result or cause of the lightning or a simultaneous part of whatever was happening,... another one of these tantalizing morsels which is totally lacking all the detail needed , aah well ...... next :roll:

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Lightning

Unread post by nick c » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:22 am

This thread is a composite of the following threads:

Lightning and clouds caused by cosmic radiation

Lightning Slowed Down 300 Percent

Did lightning cause the crash of AF447?

Plasma and Lightning: reconnecting branches

Article: Do cosmic rays cause lightning?

Laser triggered lightning

Recovered: Of Lightning, Plasma Torus(es), & the Sun

Recovered: Positive Lightning

Lloyd

Lightning

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Ribbon Lightning
* I don't know if I should have put this in the Electric Weather, or Electric Clouds, thread, or what, so I decided to start a new thread.
* Someone referenced an image of ribbon lightning at this webpage: http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/ ... on-camera# The article there says:
- Ribbon lightning occurs when the bolt consists of several parallel strokes, making it look like a ribbon.
- The photographer said that the lightning in his image has 10 distinct strokes. Five are easily visible but the rest require very close examination.
* I was glad to find that explanation of the ribbon-like formation, but now I'm wondering what would cause parallel streamers to remain flat, side-by-side, rather than braid around each other, as in normal Birkeland currents.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/gua ... s--009.jpg

MosaicDave

Unread post by MosaicDave » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Lloyd wrote:what would cause parallel streamers to remain flat, side-by-side
It would seem to me, that this is most likely the result of the plasma column being moved over time by the wind. The repeated strokes follow the same (moving) column, which remains partially ionized for a time after each separate stroke, guiding the next stroke to follow it, etc.

--dc

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:02 am

is that a type of charge seperation in action when they are side by side? .... maybe they only wrap up and intensify when nearing the grounds own ËM field

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am

* Another person agrees with Mosaic Dave. He says:
Two things [are needed] - multiple strokes, and a strong lateral wind. Each successive stroke follows a wind-displaced hot channel that hasn't fully cooled down from the previous stroke. The sequence of successive strokes form a ribbon of similarly-shaped discharges.
* I don't claim to understand that in detail, so, if anyone can clarify further, it would be helpful.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

The lightning path creation from cloud to ground [or vice-versa] is instantaneous [the path of least resistance is prescribed by the atmospheric/charge conditions], so the lateral wind issue is the key in lightning sheet production.
The diferential heating [and resultant lighting] of the air by the electric discharge leads to the perception of a "stream" of electricity in timelapse lightning shots.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

MosaicDave

Unread post by MosaicDave » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Most lightning doesn't occur as just a single pulse of current. Rather, once the main discharge channel has been established, the actual visible bolt of lightning is generally observed to proceed as a series of pulses in rapid succession, over a course of many tens of milliseconds. After each pulse, the discharge channel remains partially ionized (and therefore conductive) for a period of time, so the next pulse largely just follows the same route, as does the one after that, etc.

So the main discharge channel is illuminated many times in quick succession.

If at the same time the wind is moving the discharge channel sideways (after all it's a column of plasma, and can be blown by the wind), then each successive pulse will be displaced a little from the position of the one that just preceded it.

If you have a camera with the shutter open taking a picture during this, then it records all of these successive strokes into the same image, so it ends up looking like a ribbon.

Does that make sense?

By the way, the best and most sensible explanation I've yet come across, as far as the actual process of how the discharge channel forms, and why there appear to be "stepped leaders" and so forth, is by Peter Thomson, and can be found here: http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/tornado/Lightning.html He calls this process a "reverse cascade", and his explanation makes much more comprehensive sense than for instance the fluff you can find about it on Wikipedia. If you follow Thomsons's reasoning, then it makes sense how you could have a succession of pulses of current, as different cloud regions are successively connected to the main discharge channel over time...

--dc