Universe Consists of Consciousness

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mague

Moksha - Liberation through healing

Unread post by mague » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:06 am

Where to begin at...

Spiritual or shamanic healing is based on the visionary observation of the aura. Sometimes palpation is used additionally. Aura in this context must be seen as a volume and not as an empty shell.

As in modern medicine the process starts with a diagnosis. The vision and/or with the hands felt nature of the aura is similar to pictures of Jupiter. Not the colors, but the whirlwinds and flows. Additionally there may be bumps and dents that resemble the principle of under- and overpressure.

The cure is to calm the whirlwinds, to balance the under- and overpressure. The ultimate goal is equilibrium.

The tools can be mind energy, all kinds of massage techniques, plants and other matter like minerals, water and soil. Roughly spoken a left whirling plant is a good candidate to cure a right whirling disturbance in the aura. Left whirling massage does something similar. It often depends on the depth of the disturbance. Near the "surface a thumb does pressure, deeper inside a needle might be better. Again, thats just a rough description of the basic methods.

The cause of the disturbances can be anything. Rotten food, rotten water, cold air, heat, contaminated air. Anything modern medicine knows too. But there are also spirits and ultimatively souls who try to dock into the aura. This can be seen as spiritual parasites. Some of those spirits are very aggressive and expanding fast. Similar to some virus or bacteria. Once they conquered enough area of the aura they take over the person. Please not that the western religious picture of a daemon is only one appearance of many possible appearances. But the main point is, the parasites share the humans consciousness. Any fungus in the body or on its surface does the same, but on a much weaker level.

What makes the difference between an invasion and a symbiosis is the mutual agreement. This is the base why the biblic devil tries to trick or buy the humans agreement. They offer supernatural abilities, wealth or just state to be (a) god.

Now for the delicate part...

After hours and hours of treatment spiritual healers managed it to see and feel the vision of a perfect equilibrium in the aura of their patient. At the same time the ex-patient describes his existance as being son of the goddess earth. As being part of the goddess earth and as being related to the animals and plants and mountains and lakes. And that there is no other soul or god to descent or come forth. All other stars and matter are just reflections in and on the aura in a state of equilibrium. Some of them are friendly, others are agressive invaders. The synthesis is that the animal human doesnt need any other soul or god, only partners based on mutual agreement. Humans can say No to anything but to the terrestrial environment. That is because we are a manifestation of the goddess earth. Not even the all encompassing allmighty bothers humans, because this relation is controlled by earth.

The shamans had no other possibility left but to call this Moksha, the liberation.

elijahblackwood

Re: Universe Consists of Consciousness

Unread post by elijahblackwood » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:45 am

That is because we are a manifestation of the goddess earth. Not even the all encompassing allmighty bothers humans, because this relation is controlled by earth.
Which is governed by our connection with the Sun...?

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... 0oct_ftes/

Thanks for sharing :D

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:42 am

Hi Mague,
First i d like to exchange "descent" with "coming forth". Much better vector this way
They descend down to our level. They come forth from imminence to presence. So both work.
Second i am asking if there is any proof that a person is "filled" with one and the same consciousness for a lifetime ? Also, is there any proof that there is only one soul at once in a body ?
Proof is too strong a word and this theurgy business is not really my thing but… As I understand it, one has the same consciousness though it can be altered for better or for worse. Alternatively, one could say that there is only one universal consciousness and that one’s access to or awareness of this universal consciousness is open to change.
Soul is a tricky one. Different cultures use the term in different ways. Some maintain that the soul is you, while others maintain that the soul is just another body (a vehicle or vessel).
The soul is generally likened to Water so that would place it as a mean between Earth and Air (body and mind). It is also generally viewed as female.
Within the Greeks there is disagreement as to whether the whole soul is associated with the body or only part of the soul. If I’m not mistaken the soul is supposed to reside in the bone marrow, at least according to some.
Third is the question if there is any proof that not only a god, but maybe a plant, animal or even a planet is able to come forth ? Maybe even multiple of them having a discussion ? Maybe even a whole forest with any single tree, flower, bird, deer and bee ?
I can’t vouch for any of the examples you named but I have read things where they mention other than gods being summoned, or at least arriving, daimons and the like. I think the Greek Magical Papyri mention this sort of thing. Talismans and talking statues are related to this.
Oh, and maybe the self-consciousness is just the body, the animal ? An animal that is able to live in symbiosis with one or many souls/spirits/fragments of consciousness or even with the soul of a dead beloved ?
I would disagree. The body, matter, restricts the consciousness – all cultures talk of leaving the body, freeing the mind etc. In other words you can view the world through the body or through the mind.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:25 am

Hi Mague,
Humans can say No to anything but to the terrestrial environment. That is because we are a manifestation of the goddess earth. Not even the all encompassing almighty bothers humans, because this relation is controlled by earth.
Humans can say ‘no’ to anything full stop. That is one of the lessons of the story of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (or the eating of the fruit thereof). We now have choice. We now have to choose because we longer know instinctively or naturally. Ignorance forces choices upon us.

Orphic Prayer
I am a child of Earth and starry Heaven;
My home is on Earth
But my race is of Heaven alone.

We are the offspring of the Hieros Gamos, the marriage of Heaven and Earth. Children in a ‘traditional’ family live at home with their mother. Upon reaching a certain age they then enter the world of their father, i.e. The larger community.
Earth provides us with a body and with sustenance for that body, i.e. mother clothes and feeds us.

The question I ask myself about Shamanism, regardless of the particular culture, is not so much how much knowledge do they have but how much knowledge have they lost. The way I see it is that the various Shamanic traditions have, to a greater or lesser degree, held on to a certain strand of a more complete ancient knowledge or wisdom.
All, or virtually all, this ancient knowledge was shattered and fragmented during the last round of catastrophes. Some, like the Greeks, were in a position to piece a lot of it back together due to their favourable geographical location. For example the Greeks ‘imported’ knowledge from Asia Minor, Phoenicia, the Middle East, Egypt and later, even India. On the other hand, if one looks at North America, or the Americas in general, one finds peoples who were cut off from outside contact.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:31 am

Grey Cloud wrote: [...]
Orphic Prayer
I am a child of Earth and starry Heaven;
My home is on Earth
But my race is of Heaven alone.

We are the offspring of the Hieros Gamos, the marriage of Heaven and Earth.
[...]
What if this marriage never happened and is just describing another fallacy. Something someone wrote or told ages ago.

Another quote from Herbert :)
There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man — with human flesh.
Paul Muad'Dib
I dont know if Herbert was Buddhist or if he had knowledge. But he placed lots and lots of ZEN Keon into his books.
However, this enlightenment didnt turn Paul into the red haired stepchild of the cosmos. But into the most powerful being on Arrakis. More power then the emperor and the navigators guild. In the end he has even the power to terraform the planet.

Grey Cloud wrote: The question I ask myself about Shamanism, regardless of the particular culture, is not so much how much knowledge do they have but how much knowledge have they lost. The way I see it is that the various Shamanic traditions have, to a greater or lesser degree, held on to a certain strand of a more complete ancient knowledge or wisdom.
All, or virtually all, this ancient knowledge was shattered and fragmented during the last round of catastrophes. Some, like the Greeks, were in a position to piece a lot of it back together due to their favourable geographical location. For example the Greeks ‘imported’ knowledge from Asia Minor, Phoenicia, the Middle East, Egypt and later, even India. On the other hand, if one looks at North America, or the Americas in general, one finds peoples who were cut off from outside contact.
Nothing was lost. Earth is a living being with a memory. That doesnt mean that there is access to anything.

Two paths. Old person has a disciple and intoduces the disciple to earth. Note, its introducing, not initiating. The other path is that earth herself just picks a person. The relevant teaching is not done by a mentor, but by earth.

In better times, when people really needed to cut a tree they called a servant to talk to the trees spirit if he would consider to change his habitat. Good times, good job ;)

Currently, in 2010 the closest translation would be for me Servant of Earth. Which would be the default meaning of Human if they hadnt all forgot their creator and invited lots and lots of alien spirits for power and wealth. Some of them are friendly, but a lot of them are diabolic sadists.. Harkonnen. But friendly or not, none of them is a god on earth. Just a visitor and has to be treatened as such. With honor and politeness or with dishonor and disgust. Bad times, shitty job :P
Goethe Zauberlehrling wrote: Die ich rief, die Geister,
werd' ich nun nicht los.
--
The spirits that i called,
cant get rid of them now.
Regarding Goethe it may be interessting to read about the Hebrew Golem creators.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Mague,
What if this marriage never happened and is just describing another fallacy. Something someone wrote or told ages ago.
The marriage vows are renewed everyday when the Sun comes up. ;)

An afterthought on the soul. The Heiros Gamos in Alchemy may represent the uniting of the two parts of the soul, i.e. the terrestial part and the celestial. E.g. Sleeping Beauty and the Prince etc, and Aragorn and the Elven lady in LOTR. 8-)
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:02 pm

* Most of this philosophizing nauseates me. It's like mumbo jumbo that means almost nothing.
* The idea that we're reincarnted here for an interesting excursion and that we have to forget our previous knowledge in order to have this great experience seems ridiculous to me. It makes far more sense to me that all existence, or being etc derives from infinite caring. That's something I can appreciate, whereas I tend to resent the idea of forgetting, as I don't think that's something I'd ever agree to, if I have any sanity at all.
* I'd rather pursue lines of thought here that may increase scientific knowledge for the benefit of all, instead of engaging in verbiage that's ambiguous and highly abstract.
* Sheldrake seems to find pragmatic ways to increase understanding of human consciousness. Emoto also seemed to be pursuing promising leads with his water research. Prayer has apparently been scientifically proven to be effective, such as at healing. And as I mentioned earlier, Sheldrake apparently was able to increase his understanding by meditating. I've never had much success with meditating, but I don't discount it, since many seem to have great results. I had interesting results from dreaming, mainly precognition, but not that great, though I see potential there as well. Vernon Woolf's Holodynamics is another interesting direction.
* I also think it may be productive to study the possibility that ancient humans had telepathy, possibly including with animals, and may have had group mind/s, as per Ted Holden or Alf DeGrazia's website/s. I have speculated that the group mind of Earth's biosphere suffered so much trauma during ancient cataclysms that it became schizophrenic in order to compartmentalize the suffering into small portions spread among large numbers of people, with most of it forgotten, i.e. suppressed, by most of those traumatized. This is along the lines of Velikovsky's thinking about collective amnesia.

mague

Unread post by mague » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Mague,
The marriage vows are renewed everyday when the Sun comes up. ;)

An afterthought on the soul. The Heiros Gamos in Alchemy may represent the uniting of the two parts of the soul, i.e. the terrestial part and the celestial. E.g. Sleeping Beauty and the Prince etc, and Aragorn and the Elven lady in LOTR. 8-)
Well, the Tao of science then leaves us only one decission. Experimental proove. Remove all and only let come forth earth. Note what you observe in your self-consciousness.

Elvens are quite etherreal, arent they ?

In most folklore stories the sun and earth are not married. If at all, then sun and moon are in love. If you really need to have an alchemic unity, then you probably want to think about uniting individuality with earth. Reconnecting the unity of the autonomous nervous system with the global autonomous system within the intellect.

Somehow you are a Taoist. You want to walk the path by intellect. This requires time and decissions, which is a doable solution. The other extreme is descibed as Beati Pauperes Spiritu and works as well. If we unite those two extremes the remains are motion and vectors ;)

mague

Unread post by mague » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Lloyd wrote:* Most of this philosophizing nauseates me. It's like mumbo jumbo that means almost nothing.
Lloyd, a few centuries back the maps had grey spots. Those spots are mumbo jumbo, just as the background radiation in the cosmos. Not long ago the white noise on the TV was mumbo jumbo until someone came up with chaos theory. And now we have scientists who earn a living by exploring waterwaves in a lab. Unexplored area seems always to be mumbo jumbo.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 pm

There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

mague

Unread post by mague » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm

arc-us wrote:The map is not the territory.
..unless we set foot on the territory for the first time and dont fall into the void ?
To paraphrase Bateson's argument, a culture that believes that common colds are transmitted by evil spirits, that those spirits fly out of you when you sneeze, can pass from one person to another when they are inhaled or when both handle the same objects, etc., could have just as effective a "map" for public health as one that substituted microbes for spirits.
Arc-us, my problem is that i see microbes **and** occasionally spirits. Some catch a cold and others catch something else hiding behind the cold. I dont have an alternative reality, just another layer unknown to science. Luckily i dont have to promote it but i cant lie either.

elijahblackwood

Unread post by elijahblackwood » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:46 am

Hi Lloyd
Most of this philosophizing nauseates me. It's like mumbo jumbo that means almost nothing.
Isn't this how we separate method from madness?
The idea that we're reincarnted here for an interesting excursion and that we have to forget our previous knowledge in order to have this great experience seems ridiculous to me. It makes far more sense to me that all existence, or being etc derives from infinite caring.
Forgetfulness seems to be a part of the human process. My 5 yr old daughter can't remember anything much about her life thus far and her life has so far been squeezed into a very short period of time, in the same manner that large chunks of my life have been forgotten, ranging from what I did as a child, to recalling what I did last week in detail, there are gaps in the knowledge. I forget. This is a fact. Can I ask what you mean by infinite caring?
I also think it may be productive to study the possibility that ancient humans had telepathy
Has the image of someone ever popped into your head only for them to telephone you moments later, or for you to call them and they say "oh I was just thinking about you". What is the connection here? Luck, chance??

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:22 am

Arc-us wrote:
The map is not the territory.
It certainly wasn't in the TV series Bonanza.
http://www.tvland.com/video-clips/bonan ... theme-song
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:09 am

Hi Lloyd,
You wrote
* Most of this philosophizing nauseates me. It's like mumbo jumbo that means almost nothing.
To each his own. I study ancient philosophy precisely because it is not mumbo-jumbo to me. The ancient philosophies from around the world all agree with each other in their fundamentals, e.g. China, India, Mesopotamia, Greece, Egypt, Europe, America all say essentially the same thing but in a different way – many paths, one Truth.
“I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.” (Confucius Analects).
You, on the other hand, appear to seek your knowledge in fringe-science. None of the people you mentioned in your post bring anything particularly new to the table; most are merely re-inventing the wheel and disguising the fact by the inventing of new words such as ‘morphogenic fields’, ‘quantavolution’, etc. Most of them are mutually contradicting and or exclusive.
* The idea that we're reincarnted here for an interesting excursion and that we have to forget our previous knowledge in order to have this great experience seems ridiculous to me. It makes far more sense to me that all existence, or being etc derives from infinite caring. That's something I can appreciate, whereas I tend to resent the idea of forgetting, as I don't think that's something I'd ever agree to, if I have any sanity at all.
As far as I am aware, no ancient philosophy says that we are here for an ‘interesting excursion’. The reason for the forgetting is somewhat more involved than the way you put it.
As you read this post, somewhere in the world ‘Nature’, whatever that is, will be killing plants and animals by forest fire, earthquake, volcano, flood, drought or famine, etc. This is without counting all the plants and animals which are killing and eating each other. How does this fit in with your idea of ‘infinite caring’?
In the interests of honesty, I will say that your idea is part of the ancient philosophy. I have just recently read an essay about the place of Eros in Plato’s philosophy, unfortunately I can’t remember where I got it from. If I manage to track it down I will post the link here as it would seem to support your idea in part at least.
Your statement about agreeing to forget is ill-conceived. You are making the judgement based on what you know now rather than what you knew before you forgot. Also you are assuming that you had a choice.
* I'd rather pursue lines of thought here that may increase scientific knowledge for the benefit of all, instead of engaging in verbiage that's ambiguous and highly abstract.
Again, your choice. You will find more verbiage in science (writing that uses too many words or excessively technical expressions) rather than in ancient philosophy. As for the ambiguity and abstraction, they are unavoidable as some subjects do not lend themselves to discursive language. This is one of the reasons why the ancient writers frequently employed allegory, metaphor, symbolism and correspondence etc.

I too meditate a lot, although I prefer the term contemplate, and it has increased my understanding far more than the previous thirty-odd years of reading books by modern experts. There are many ways to meditate and it need not involve rhythmic breathing and a certain posture. According to many ancient traditions dreaming is very important but it is not something I concern myself with, mainly because I don’t seem to dream that much.

Group minds, telepathy etc are not new concepts. Why would the Earth’s group mind become traumatised due to catastrophe? Catastrophes are natural phenomena. Also Earth causes a fair share of them herself.
Velikovsky’s thinking about collective amnesia derives from his Jungian training. Jung’s ideas are nonsense derived from ripping-off and inverting Plato. And how do you reconcile your objections to forgetting with your agreement with the idea of collective amnesia?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:41 am

mague wrote:
Arc-us, my problem is that i see microbes **and** occasionally spirits. Some catch a cold and others catch something else hiding behind the cold. I dont have an alternative reality, just another layer unknown to science. Luckily i dont have to promote it but i cant lie either.
I'm sure you do see what you see, mague. I am also sure that we all, to whatever relative degree, see and project what we want to see, with attendant beliefs and interpretation about what is seen [or otherwise perceived]. As long as one is aware of the "man behind the curtain" [wiz' of oz] act and the slight of hand involved then there is no problem; it is, after all, what the show is all about.
Alan Watts wrote: “Reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.”
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad