Asteroids

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Maddogkull

Why is there an asteroid belt?

Unread post by Maddogkull » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Sorry again if this has been answered, But I checked and could not find anything.

Why is there an asteroid belt. Does PC have an alternate reason why there is an asteroid belt compared to mainstream science?

starbiter

Re: Why is there an asteroid belt?

Unread post by starbiter » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Why is there an asteroid belt?
To hold up the asteroid trousers.
:lol:
Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 am

We can't have those asteroid knickers flapping in the solar wind now, can we? :lol:
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:02 am

mharratsc wrote:We can't have those asteroid knickers flapping in the solar wind now, can we? :lol:
Mike,
Please don't encourage him. :D
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Lutetia

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm

More puzzling data for NASA to try and explain. Surely someone there understands what is really going on?

asteroid_lutetia.jpg
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... l_rosetta/
Last edited by bboyer on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added by arc-us: full image of asteroid Lutetia
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

Grey Cloud

Re: Lutetia

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Gary,
If you tilt your head to the left, the top image on the page looks like a dragon's skull.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am

Hi GC, they need to mark this on their space charts then? :lol:

"Hic sunt dracones"
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:54 pm

That looks very much like a weld termination, where the electric arc is withdrawn.
The micro pitting and 'spatter', as well.

~

MrAmsterdam

Re: asteroid seismology question

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 am

this post collided with another one; http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... 897#p35264

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/s ... 00727.html

Violent Spacequakes Shake Earth's Magnetic Field

Spacequakes aren't the only unearthly temblors around. Scientists have also discovered starquakes (violent trembling inside stars), moonquakes and asteroid quakes (seismic tremors on the surface of the moon and asteroids, respectively). In fact, Earth can actually stimulate asteroidquakes when wayward space rocks fly too close to our planet.
Yeah, 15 earth radii and to state it clear, we are talking about how the plasma environment interacts with passing objects. It is a plasma universe and electricity has a very big play in it.

Also check the comments on the article.
adam_awggie wrote:
all of this energy all around us, and we still burn coal and oil for it... if only we could harness all (or even some) of that energy!
probably entirely oversimplistic, but what about a huge metal rod, shouldn't a giant magnetic field like that induce an electrical charge?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

daywalker20

Re: Ice confirmed on an asteroid

Unread post by daywalker20 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 pm

TRY TO CONFIRMED???

Scientists have found lots of life-essential water – frozen as ice – in an unexpected place in our solar system: an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter.

The discovery of significant asteroid ice has several consequences. It could help explain where early Earth first got its water. It makes asteroids more attractive to explore, dovetailing with President Barack Obama's announcement earlier this month that astronauts should visit an asteroid.

shadowmane

X shaped asteroid

Unread post by shadowmane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 am

I saw this on Space.com and wanted to ask, is this an electrical event. The tail of debris, they say in the article, is very comet-like. Or is this just the process of the asteroid breaking up from such a huge impact?

nick c
Site Admin

Re: X shaped asteroid

Unread post by nick c » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 am

welcome shadowmane,
Whether or not this is the result of a collision of two asteroids I will leave for others to discuss, but I find this interesting, from the linked article:
"We have directly observed a collision between asteroids for the first time, instead of having to infer that they happened from million-year-old remains," researcher Colin Snodgrass, a planetary scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany, told SPACE.com.
That seems to me, to matter of factly state that they observed the collision, ie they were actual witnesses...no? How else can we interpret "we have directly observed a collision between asteroids for the first time.."?
But then later in the article the above assertion is contradicted:
The two asteroids whose remains make up P/2010 A2 were unknown before the impact because they were too faint to be detected. Scientists did not witness the collision itself because it happened when the asteroids were in the same direction as the sun, but computer models suggest the collision took place around February 2009.
Oh, the collision was "observed" via computer models, now I understand.

Nick

shadowmane

Re: X shaped asteroid

Unread post by shadowmane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:16 am

LOL... I see your point. Nothing has been observed but the comet-like tail coming from an X shaped object. Still, what could this object actually be?

FS3

Oops, I saw it again!

Unread post by FS3 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:04 am

Looks like a thing that we know already! - From an excellent observation, back in 1881:

C/1881 K1: A Forgotten ``Great Comet'' of the Nineteenth Century

:mrgreen:
FS3