UFO's, Plasma, Earthquakes and Human Consciousness

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Dotini

UFO's, Plasma, Earthquakes and Human Consciousness

Unread post by Dotini » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:55 am

UFO's, Plasma, Earthquakes and Human Consciousness. These are linked in the largest known scientific study of UFO's ever conducted: http://www.mysterious-america.net/piedmont,missour.html

Back in the mid 60's, when I was a young lad in junior high school, I was involved in a case which happened to bring to a confluence all these seemingly disparate phenomena. Rather than immediately recounting my personal experience, I'll drop a breadcrumb to start this trail.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

MrAmsterdam

Re: UFO's, Plasma, Earthquakes and Human Consciousness

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 am

The artical is an interesting read. It makes me want to buy Rutledge's book.
A careful read of Rutledge's book shows that if he truly began as an "unbiased and disinterested" physical scientist, that's not the way it ended. Rutledge discovered that there is an unknown phenomenon that it embodied by the term "UFO" and that it defies simple, rational explanations. He was convinced that manifestations of plasma was at work in many cases, but as for the rest, he was as befuddled as anyone.
When I saw the title of your post the first thing that came to my mind was that of Michael Persinger and his Tectonic Strain Theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Persinger
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934