- Posts: 934
- Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:02 pm
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... entmessage
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:03 am
They do hypothesize changes in solar radiation, but they attribute them to changes in the atmosphere rather than to solar output variations.The most recent studies by researchers at ETH Zurich show that in the 1940s Swiss glaciers were melting at an even-faster pace than at present. This is despite the fact that the temperatures in the 20th century were lower than in this century.
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm
- Location: Kettering, Ohio, USA
http://climateprogress.org/2010/02/14/t ... +Progress)
below the fold is an "explanation" of CO2 and global heating...
I'm aware, somewhat, of the arguments provided about Venus' atmosphere and the, apparently, spurious claims about greenhouse heating but would like a few comparisons of Venus and Earth, too.........
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 pm
- Posts: 501
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:05 am
- Location: Norway
"Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation."
First off, make sure you distinguish between what is factual, the various statistics that's out there and how this is used politically (to which purposes). Also try to define global warming versus climate change. Has the global average temperatures increased or decreased the last few years? Are the statistics debated within the scientific community, and why? How are the natural mechanics and cycles, such as:
- incoming energy from the Sun (a variable star) during its cycles
- cosmic rays appear to have a correlation with cloud formations (and shielding of incoming energy from the Sun)
- what seems to have been the historic cycles? Why have climate changes occured before?
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:01 am
How did you happen to come to this forum?
Does your teacher expect something conventional, something that primarily advocates *for* global warming and blames humans for it? Or does your teacher expect you to do more digging and come up with alternative theories arguments, and solutions?
If you need alternative theories, I recommend looking into these two sites:
http://wattsupwiththat.com (be sure to click on the "climategate" link near the top of the page)
- Posts: 2477
- Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:47 am
- Location: NW UK
What exactly is the essay question/title?
It's important, IMO, to differentiate between climate change (which is perfectly natural and ongoing) and global warming, whether man-made or not. Whether climate per se change exists or is just a phase of climate change is another matter.
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.
- Posts: 934
- Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:02 pm
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:54 pm
Global Warming Fraud Collapses Amidst Deception And Scandal
Riding the Solar Cycle
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm
- Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada
1) Stop lying about climate change being anthropogenic(man-made).
2) Admit that climate change is something that occurs naturally through many earthly and cosmic forces and us humans despite our love for thinking we are so important really have little or any affect on it.
3) Admit that CO2 is not the evil earth destroyer claimed by alarmists but rather a natural fertilizer without which no life would exist.
4) Put down the doomsday theories/videos about non-existent anthropogenic global warming and start focusing on the types of pollution that actually do significant harm - illegal dumping in oceans and wildlife areas, chemical pollutions that cause ill health affects to living creatures and so on.
Oh wait, #5 is only for the alarmists if the first 4 are ignored...
- nick c
- Posts: 2483
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm
- Location: connecticut
Welcome to the forum, in addition to the links given by solrey and the points made by CTJG1986, I would suggest reading Wal Thornhill concerning the issues of global warming and what actually is the causal factor of Earth's weather.
Global Warming in a Climate of Ignorance
Hows the Weather?
Martian Global Warming
Weather: Fair, Foul, or
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:05 pm
Beg pardon if I'm incorrect but I think we got us a spambot for market samurai.com
Yes, Vek you are correct. The original post was a two sentence general statement on global warming. The poster then returned days later and added a signature to his profile that linked up to a commercial site. The thread, minus the original post remains, as the topic may foster legitimate responses from forum members.
This is just the way it is."
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 am
In developed countries all that will simply require money. A LOT of money. Undeveloped countries can't afford it, and a lot of desperate hungry people will be on the move. National borders won't stop them, and the result will be chaos and war. Some undeveloped countries are even worse off, Bangladesh has much agricultural land only inches above sea level. Flooding that land with salt water will ruin it, essentially forever.
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:56 am
- Location: Dunfermline
It's just as well the oceans stopped rising (from their usual rate of 3mm per year) around eight years ago. Every prediction made using AGW theories has been falsified.In developed countries all that will simply require money. A LOT of money. Undeveloped countries can't afford it, and a lot of desperate hungry people will be on the move. National borders won't stop them, and the result will be chaos and war. Some undeveloped countries are even worse off, Bangladesh has much agricultural land only inches above sea level. Flooding that land with salt water will ruin it, essentially forever.
The recent data supplied by the TIMED satellite was not predicted by anybody...nobody understands the Earth's atmosphere, at least not enough to construct a model which is likely to valid.
Some people do have more of a clue: TPOD Peirs Corbyn
Sorry if my tone is a little abrupt but I am heartily sick of this media driven crap. The AGW debacle is clearly aimed to further subjugate the third world to the tyranny of the capitalist countries and their hideous consumption. You are being used!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests