Electric Weather

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

StefanR

Global Electric Circuit (GEC)

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 am

Junglelord wrote:I predict, dispite how correct this model is, it will not be accepted, because its too close to the truth.
I'm not so sure about that. Just go and google Global Electric Circuit (GEC).
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

StefanR

Re: Electric Weather

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 am

Just a small example:
The atmospheric global electric circuit: An overview

8. Importance of the GEC study to our society
Global electric circuit and global lightning activity and its relation with the global
climate form a basis of the proposal for analyzing/ studying the issues involved in climate
studies and variations in it. Global signals are evident on many different time scales and
forcing mechanism for many of these time scales are known. For example, in discussing
the coupling between global electric circuit and general circulation of the atmosphere, it
is essential to distinguish between latent heating/ rainfall and electrification/ lightning
because the former is prevalent with shallow, gentle lifting of air, whereas the latter is
caused by deeper and stronger lifting. Thus, detailed study of atmospheric circulation is
essentially required both for understanding GEC and climate.
GEC is controlled by the space-weather parameters such as solar wind, solar
flares, coronal mass ejections etc. through geomagnetic activity. As a consequence of
enhanced solar activity, current surges can be induced in power lines, causing flickering
lights and blackouts resulting in huge damage. Further, telecommunication cables and
petroleum pipelines are also affected. The serious consequence of bad space weather is
disruption of satellite communication and satellite links. Even, there is possibility of
damage to earth-orbiting satellites. Here, it should be noted that these effects are not
mediated by the global electric circuit, although, they are the consequences of solar
variations. Further studies are required in this direction, because solar influence (on
various time scale) on temperature, thunderstorms frequency, tropopause heights,
atmospheric circulation, occurrence of drought etc is known (Carslaw et al., 2002 and
references there in). Solar variability affect the earth’s weather in the following way
namely enhanced solar irradiance may provide excess heat input to the lower atmosphere
leading to global warming, solar ultraviolet may be absorbed in the lower atmosphere and
change the local electrodynamics of the region. The other root is through the cosmic rays,
which control both weather as well as global electric circuit.
In general, the study of various problems related to global electric circuit is
definitely beneficial to our society because (i) the study explores inter-connection
between the electrical environment, climate and weather of the earth’s atmosphere. It
may be possible in the future to modify climate and weather by controlling some of the
electrical parameters of the global electrical circuit (Bering III, 1995). This point has
been briefly discussed in section 5. (ii) The detail study of global electric circuit and its
response to extreme solar and geomagnetic variability is useful in modeling of biosphere.
The role of the global electrical circuit under extreme conditions of solar variability may
be used in future to assess the harmful effect of the latter. (iii) The close association of
atmospheric circulation and GEC makes one to speculate / explore link between GEC and
global warming by CO2. However, there is no observational evidence for such a relation
to exist. (iv) The aesthetic requirement of understanding the electrical behavior of the
Earth’s environment (Singh et al., 2004) in the same ways as one would like to
understand meteorological parameters; (v) The detailed knowledge of the forcing from
the global electric circuit would be useful in evaluating the electrical response of the
planetary boundary layers (PBL), because electrical processes in this region are complex,
highly variable and span a tremendous range of space and time scales. The high
variability of aerosol particle concentration, size composition leads to one of the largest
uncertainties of anthropogenic climate forcing. Even the downward movement of
planetary boundary layer causes enhanced pollution in the region. This is evident in the
winter season in polluted cities. Since the dynamics of planetary boundary layer is
affected by GEC, the detailed study of GEC finds importance in human welfare. (vi)
Better estimates of global lighting activity will help in more accurate estimates of the
production rates of NOx on global scale, a vital factor for understanding of the climatic
changes and ozone hole, and hence in global warming.
9. Recommended areas for future work
Based on the discussions presented above, the following problems are
recommended for further investigations:
(i) The thunderstorms and galactic cosmic rays mainly control the global electric
circuit and link it with the climate and variations in it on different time scales.
Discussion in Section 5 brings out how this linkage is reflected in various
atmospheric manifestations such as convection, lightning, global surface
temperature, SR frequency, UT WV etc. Therefore, it becomes imperative to
investigate the temporal variations of global electric circuit and the
mechanisms responsible for such variations on different time scales. Further,
keeping in view that a single measurement of SR has the potential of replacing
the measurements of temperature all over the globe, it is important to
investigate the possibility that whether GEC and the global/regional lightning
frequency can act as an indicator of climate change or not.
(ii) To study the nature and sources of middle-atmosphere discharges to (a)
increase knowledge of the characteristics of the recently discovered
phenomena such as sprites, blue jet, elves etc and their possible association
with severe weather, (b) to explore their effects on radio wave propagation
and atmospheric chemistry, (c) to quantify global occurrence rate of sprites
and the modification of ionospheric potential by them, and (d) to quantify the
current to be injected in to GEC by the optical phenomena.
(iii) Some of the non-linear processes associated with cloud electrification
mechanism are not clear. An attempt should be made to elucidate the
fundamental physics of these processes involved in lightning.
(iv) The explanation of observed optical phenomena such as sprite, elves etc
require production of transient current/electric fields in the mesosphere, which
require further studies.
(v) To quantify the production of oxides of nitrogen (NOX) by lightning to better
understand the upper-tropospheric production or loss of ozone, for better
estimation of the global warming.
(vi) To investigate the mechanism, if any, by which cosmic rays affect clouds and
hence the weather and climate.
(vii) To quantify the significant feedback processes at work in the electrically
coupled atmosphere- ionosphere-magnetosphere system.
(viii) The role of global warming (increasing green house effect) on the various
phenomena/ processes involved in global atmospheric electric circuit and its
coupling to climate.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0906/0906.1280.pdf
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 am

I don't see the solar weather models driving earth climate predictions at this point in time Stefan!
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 am

I agree with you JL, that they're not doing anything constructive with the info... yet, at any rate. However, just the admission that it exists, that it affects the world- that is something of a start.

Weather manipulation... I think there's a tie-in to the HAARP research here... o.O
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 am

junglelord wrote:I don't see the solar weather models driving earth climate predictions at this point in time Stefan!
For sure, but it takes time to stop and turn a mammothtanker or to die of a thousand cuts.
Time, patience and persistance. ;)

amzolt

Re: Global Electric Circuit (GEC)

Unread post by amzolt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:21 pm

StefanR wrote:
Junglelord wrote:I predict, dispite how correct this model is, it will not be accepted, because its too close to the truth.
I'm not so sure about that. Just go and google Global Electric Circuit (GEC).
Wow! Thanks for that suggestion!! I'm working on a fictional application of the EU theories (there's another thread with more about it here: http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =10&t=2914 ) and it looks like I can find quite a bit of what I need for "backstory" with these search results!!!

MattEU

The Earth's Electrical Environment

Unread post by MattEU » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

i had updated the image from the brilliant free webbook "The Earth's Electrical Environment (1986 The National Academies Press)" to reflect recent Electric Universe related finds. Its not absolutely up to date as it does not have Space Torndoes in it.

The Earth's Electrical Environment and Global Electric Weather Circuit

Any suggestions about what also i should have put on there or if anything is wrong with the diagram?

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm

so...let us see how far we can get with our EU reasoning.

What am I seeing? I see the radar images in green, white are the clouds and it snows in Amsterdam right now. Night time.22.45

These are google earth radar images http://earth.google.com/ .
The radar beams are deflected by.....what? In what frequency ? Can you find the particular matter that fits this deflective property?

White cloud images and snow. Snow? Anyone? Any electric properties involved?

Im beginning to suspect something here.....and it is easy to find with empirical science.

What are you guys seeing? How do you interprete these images?
Attachments
48k.google_earth_radar_snowcloud.amsterdam.22.50_23-02-2010.jpg
48k.google_earth_radar_snow.europe.22.52_23-02-2010.jpg
48k.google_earth_radar_snow.22.40_23-02-2010.jpg
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:31 pm

To begin with, this is infrared imagery of upper level cloud [tops]. The white/green indicates gradations of cold, so warmer air appears dark. You can generalize the upper air flow patterns by looking at the swirling shape, but at ground level the air moves at roughly a right angle to the upper air movements, which can sometimes be visible in some loops of IR imagery but not in stills. None of this is dependent on EU thinking, but may be helpful in eliciting otherwise nebulous details... pun strictly intended.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Speaking of weather being controlled by electricity...

I was just watching a show on the Weather Channel that was about Hurricane Wilma (about October 22, 2005). They said it sat over Cancun for 5 days and 4 nights at a Cat 4 level.

It made me think of the chart that Anthony Watts has put up several times about the "step function" that he can see in October 2005.

Here's a link to the hurricane: http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-wilma-2005

Here's a link to WUWT: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/10/11/s ... september/

I'm wondering if the "step function" happened at the same time as the hurricane got stuck over Cancun. And I'm wondering what the connection is between the "step function" phenomenon and Hurricane Wilma.

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Sorry to bump this thread, but I didn't know where else to ask if there is any observational evidence that all the planets in the solar system are currently hearing up?

I think Mars is warming, storms are more vigorous on at least one of the gas giants, some of the Jovian moons are erupting, and now even poor old Pluto is seen to have changing weather.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

markspann

Unread post by markspann » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 am

Dotini wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but I didn't know where else to ask if there is any observational evidence that all the planets in the solar system are currently hearing up?

I think Mars is warming, storms are more vigorous on at least one of the gas giants, some of the Jovian moons are erupting, and now even poor old Pluto is seen to have changing weather.

Respectfully submitted,
Dotini

Well, Dotini, I see you are a new member. You will find almost nothing but kind, patient, and helpful replies and comments here on the Thunderbolts forum, with only occasionally hackling coming from the peanut gallerie of psuedo-skeptics who occasionally drop in and do hit-and-run ad hominem attacks to try and derail an otherwise enlightened and productive thread.

But in reply to your very astute question regarding statistical proof of global warming on other planets, specifically that of Mars, I can only say that I'd like to see the same, so I'm hoping one of the more erudite and learned EU enthusiast reply to your post with links to credible science papers that can substantiate conclusively if puported solar-system wide planetary warming that is oft-quoted on many websites is either real, imagined, or just plain old hyperbole being propagated to support pet theories.

Excellent first post and question ! :)
Mark Spann
EU2014 Conference room and ride share coordinator
(251) 648-0006
markspann@gmail.com
Skype ID = mark.spann1

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Dotini,
Sorry to bump this thread, but I didn't know where else to ask if there is any observational evidence that all the planets in the solar system are currently hearing up?
That is a good question, obviously if other bodies in the solar system are also undergoing climate change, especially if all are warming, then it follows that human activity is probably not the main causal factor in Earth's climate change. It would be another strong piece of evidence that the Sun was the source of climate change.
This topic has been mentioned in other threads on these forums. I think that there is probably not enough data to come to any conclusions at this time, but there seems to be some preliminary indication that warming may also be taking place (during the same period that the Earth has shown a warming trend) on other members of the solar system.
Here are some links:

Mars Is Warming, NASA Scientists Report:
http://www.heartland.org/policybot/resu ... eport.html

Suggestive correlation between the brightness of Neptune, solar variability, and Earths temperature:
http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2007/2 ... 8764.shtml

Global Warming detected on Triton:
http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/199805 ... _sys.shtml

Pluto thought to be warming up:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 697309.htm

New Storm on Jupiter Hints at Climate Change:
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... ed_jr.html

Prediction of a global climate change on Jupiter:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 02470.html

Nick

ofrank

Unread post by ofrank » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:15 am

Question:
The move 2012 is base on a real theory that says the earth heats up from with-in. You seem to be saying the same thing, are the two theories related?
O.Frank

ofrank

Unread post by ofrank » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:43 am

Ok, I have found out more information. The movie 2012 was base on a theory by Charles Hapgood, and called the continental shift theory. It was in a book call "The Earth's Shifting Crust" I have not read the book so I don't know why the earth was heating up form within.
O.Frank