Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

macgirvin

Re: Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Unread post by macgirvin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:07 am

New to the forum so pardon if this has been covered already - but my young professional career was spent involved with "sputtering", or the use of a controlled plasma to eject material from one surface and deposit it elsewhere. We used it to build micro-electronic structures. No doubt this process is carried out at the macro level and depending on the "violence" (for lack of a better word) of the plasma involved the materiel transfer may or may not be a subtle process.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 am

From the catastrophist perspective of the EU theory regarding close inter-planetary electrical interactions, it has been postulated that whole mountain ranges could be the result of sputtering, and that the Grand Canyon on Earth, and Valis Marinaris on Mars, are the results of electrical machining. :)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes, but it still needs to be explained how anything on earth could survive the process that created mountain ranges in a worldwide pattern.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

slug

Unread post by slug » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Depending on where you get your info it is said in the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event (or more likely series of events) approximately 65 million years ago that up to 75% of all species did not survive this period, and from the evidence would not seem to be the giant asteroid theory that fits but we know what might provide a better model. Its a matter of scale of the event and locality for the survivors for how much life survives each event, particularly for things like the K-T event where only the smallest creatures survived, but mass extinctions seemed to have happened many times, so it is probably it is the large physical number and diversity of lifeforms and locations on all parts of the earth that there is still life here despite all the periods of destruction.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 pm

I have my own answer to the question of survival, but my challenge is to the EDM theory of mountain building... even a cursory look at the mountain ranges of the world indicates, along with mid-ocean rift/ridges, that mountain building is/was a global event... how does globally acting EDM leave any life behind?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Orlando

Unread post by Orlando » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:41 am

Nice query WoL!

Just for fun, I let your post summer a little and this is what came to mind.

The Bible starts with then there was light, it should start with Electricity then move its way through how we came to breathe and live.

The problem is we think that rocks and dust and things of that Nature are dead.
My body is neither dead nor alive, it is only capale of experiencing sensory data through the receptive organs.
What is real is the current that flows in all of nature.

What most have come to understand life as is merely a viewpoint.

When I was younger I used to picture a child breaking apart the universe and putting it back together using the same parts.

It was better than what we were taught.

I got a better mental picture of EDM when I studied how they condition nickel plates for using it in the hydrogenation process in the food industry, their main goal was to increase the surface area contacting with the solution.

Peace
Or
Teach me a fact and I'll learn; Tell me the truth and I'll Believe;
Tell me a Story and it will live in my Heart forever--

Native American Proverb

Orlando

Unread post by Orlando » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 am

Interesting find , thanks to some sowing of seeds from farmer junglelord :lol:

http://www.maths.gla.ac.uk/events/semin ... php?id=930

"Kelvin's Vortex Atoms -- Not Such a Bad Idea After All?"
Keith Moffatt FRS (DAMTP, Cambridge)

Abstract
In 1867, William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) made his revolutionary 'vortex-atom' conjecture, to the effect that the spectra of all the then-known elements could be understood in terms of the vibrations of suitably knotted microscopic vortex structuresin a hypothetical all-pervasive ether. The theory was eventually abandoned because it emerged that all nontrivial vortex structures were unstable, in contrast to their supposed atomic counterparts. We now know however that, in a perfectly conducting fluid, there exist stable (minimum energy) magnetostatic states whose flux tubes are knotted in an arbitrarily prescribed manner. Such states have recently been proposed in quantum chromodynamics, to represent the structure of glueballs in the 'quark-gluon' plasma of the early Universe. Kelvin's ideas, suitably modified, thus come to life once again at this most fundamental level of current elementary particle physics; and merit in this his centenary year the review that this lecture will aim to provide.

I underlined what I found to be Assumptive and ad hoc hearsay.

Peace
Or
Teach me a fact and I'll learn; Tell me the truth and I'll Believe;
Tell me a Story and it will live in my Heart forever--

Native American Proverb

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 am

Can we add the Geocorona? to the - Equatorial Plasmas, More Or Less- category
Why? Because there seems to conflicting description of this plasma field.
Sometimes refered to as "neutral hydrogen" Just see this quote on the NASA site; conflicting descriptions within a few lines of eachother.

My question is the following one. Does low pressure and low density hydrogen plasma releases its energy in the ultaviolette spectrum when an low electric current runs through it?

http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlin ... ct98_1.htm
The first picture of the magnetosphere was taken by special ultraviolet camera carried to the moon by the Apollo 16 mission (at right). This showed only discrete portion, the geocorona, a ring of electrified helium circling the Earth and glowing in ultraviolet light.

More recently, the Dynamics Explorer 1 (launched in 1981) and Polar spacecraft (1995) have carried cameras that take visible, ultraviolet, and even X-ray images of the auroral regions from space.

Right: The first image taken of the geocorona, a halo of low density hydrogen around the Earth (center) photographed by Astronaut John W. Young, Apollo 16 commander, in April of 1972, with an ultraviolet camera. The geocorona is bright on the sunlit side. Exposure 15 seconds, with F/1 electronographic camera. The streaks and circular patch on right are instrumental. Click for a larger picture.
Attachments
Halo? Neutral hydrogen? electrified helium?
Halo? Neutral hydrogen? electrified helium?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 am

I was not finished yet....sorry...this EU theory is too inspiring.
Earth’s magnetic field perturbed by 'electric oceans', claims researcher
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/39469

To spit "electric oceans" up in phenomena;

1 oceans have influence on the magnetic field and partly create it according to this gentleman.
2 moving salt water creates electric currents.

could be added to the category - Curious Electric Water Effects -
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 am

Mr A

Well, first, the ionized hydrogen (the fraction of electrons and approximately same number of protons drifting in the plasma) IS the electric current. The neutrals are just there for the ride. Can it radiate in the ultraviolet wavelengths under low current density? I don't know but it seems unlikely. Hydrogen has the lowest ionization energy of all the elements if I remember correctly, so it seems that recombination events (electron combining with proton and emitting a photon) would be a low energy event and therefore its wavelength long (reddish). However, I get lost in high speed collision phenomena and consequential radiation, so can't answer the question very fully.

Helium, on the other hand, is extremely tightly bound (outer orbital filled) 'noble' gas element. It takes a bunch of energy to split off an electron at all, so when the He+ recombines with an electron I imagine a bunch of energy is released. Possibly in the UV light taken by the UV camera. (UV is "blue" or much more energetic than longer wavelength radiation(reddish) toward the optical band or into the IR and radio bands, "south" of UV and FUV).

I am now awaiting a better explanation and correction from real science forum readers who are familiar with and know this much better than I do.

J

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:08 am

Certainly the ocean's motion does generate magnetic field variation, near the surface. Magnetometers operating in the first few meters will see wave noise. Conductors moving in a magnetic field---hmmm. Perhaps a hint of what the whole ocean is doing to the Earth's field? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 am

G'day

The field of Electricity and Magnetic field is quite interesting.

The folowing paper maybe of interest to read. I'm reading through it, trying to understand. Help is needed.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1002.3143
Quark pair creation in color electric fields and effects of magnetic fields

Authors: Naoto Tanji
(Submitted on 16 Feb 2010)
Abstract: The time evolution of a system where a uniform and classical SU(3) color electric field and quantum fields of quarks are dynamically coupled with each other is studied focusing on non-perturbative pair creation and its back reaction. We characterise the color direction of the electric field in a gauge invariant way, and investigate its dependence. Momentum distributions of created quarks show plasma oscillation as well as quantum effects such as the Pauli blocking and interference. Pressure of the system is also calculated, and we show that pair creation moderates degree of anisotropy of pressure. Furthermore, enhancement of pair creation and induction of chiral charge under a color magnetic field which is parallel to the electric field are discussed.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm

You lost me at the Abstract, mate!

"What the hell, Jim!! I'm a doctor, not a quantum chromodynamicist!! He's dead. You get his wallet; I'll get his tricorder!" - apologies to whatever source made that last part up.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 am

G'day

Lost, are you talking to me?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 pm

If the shape of a cosmic object remains the same at all scales, is this latest consideration by the authorities of the black hole environment an indicator of the structure at the smallest scales?
ScienceDaily (Feb. 18, 2010) — Jets of particles streaming from black holes in far-away galaxies operate differently than previously thought, according to a study published February 17 in Nature. The new study reveals that most of the jet's light -- gamma rays, the universe's most energetic form of light -- is created much farther from the black hole than expected and suggests a more complex shape for the jet.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 142635.htm
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller