Giant Magnetic Loop Stretches Between Two Stars

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

StefanR

Re: Electric Currents Critical to Star Formation?

Unread post by StefanR » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 am

Astronomers have found a giant magnetic loop stretched outward from one of the stars making up the famous double-star system Algol. The scientists used an international collection of radio telescopes to discover the feature, which may help explain details of previous observations of the stellar system.

The pair, 93 light-years from Earth, includes a star about 3 times more massive than the Sun and a less-massive companion, orbiting it at a distance of 5.8 million miles, only about six percent of the distance between Earth and the Sun. The newly-discovered magnetic loop emerges from the poles of the less-massive star and stretches outward in the direction of the primary star. As the secondary star orbits its companion, one side -- the side with the magnetic loop -- constantly faces the more-massive star, just as the same side of our Moon always faces the Earth.

The newly-discovered magnetic loop helps explain phenomena seen in earlier observations of the Algol system at X-ray and radio wavelengths, the scientists said. In addition, they now believe there may be similar magnetic features in other double-star systems
http://www.nrao.edu/pr/2010/algol/
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

sol88

Giant Magnetic Loop Stretches Between Two Stars

Unread post by sol88 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am

http://www.universetoday.com/2010/01/13 ... two-stars/

WoW!!!
Using a collection of radio telescopes, astronomers have found a giant magnetic loop stretched outward from one of the stars making up the famous binary star system Algol, located in the constellation Perseus. "This is the first time we've seen a feature like this in the magnetic field of any star other than the Sun," said William Peterson, of the University of Iowa.
It must be getting close, stars are electric!
“Black holes are where God divided by zero.” – Comedian Steven Wright

FS3

Re: Giant Magnetic Loop Stretches Between Two Stars

Unread post by FS3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:00 am

If you take a closer look at the picture from Algol and his companion...

...you might recognize that we can see the traces of two adjecent Birkeland currents whose magnetic traces are depicted in this radio-image.

Great find!

FS3

scotty

Unread post by scotty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

"When Dr. Heinrich Hertz undertook his experiments from 1887 to 1889 his object was to demonstrate a theory postulating a medium filling all space, called the ether, which was structureless, of inconceivable tenuity and yet solid and possessed of rigidity incomparably greater than that of the hardest steel. He obtained certain results and the whole world acclaimed them as an experimental verification of that cherished theory. But in reality what he observed tended to prove just its fallacy.

"I had maintained for many years before that such a medium as supposed could not exist, and that we must rather accept the view that all space is filled with a gaseous substance. On repeating the Hertz experiments with much improved and very powerful apparatus, I satisfied myself that what he had observed was nothing else but effects of longitudinal waves in a gaseous medium, that is to say, waves, propagated by alternate compression and expansion. He had observed waves in the ether much of the nature of sound waves in the air.

"Up to 1896, however, I did not succeed in obtaining a positive experimental proof of the existence of such a medium. But in that year I brought out a new form of vacuum tube capable of being charged to any desired potential, and operated it with effective pressures of about 4,000,000 volts. I produced cathodic and other rays of transcending intensity. The effects, according to my view, were due to minute particles of matter carrying enormous electrical charges, which, for want of a better name, I designated as matter not further decomposable. Subsequently those particles were called electrons.

"One of the first striking observations made with my tubes was that a purplish glow for several feet around the end of the tube was formed, and I readily ascertained that it was due to the escape of the charges of the particles as soon as they passed out into the air; for it was only in a nearly perfect vacuum that these charges could be confined to them. The coronal discharge proved that there must be a medium besides air in the space, composed of particles immeasurably smaller than those of air, as otherwise such a discharge would not be possible. On further investigation I found that this gas was so light that a volume equal to that of the earth would weigh only about one-twentieth of a pound.

"The velocity of any sound wave depends on a certain ratio between elasticity and density, and for this ether or universal gas the ratio is 800,000,000,000 times greater than for air. This means that the velocity of the sound waves propagated through the ether is about 300,000 times greater than that of the sound waves in air, which travel at approximately 1,085 feet a second. Consequently the speed in ether is 900,000 x 1,085 feet, or 186,000 miles, and that is the speed of light." Nikola Tesla.

"Rays in every respect similar to the cosmic are produced by my vacuum tubes when operated at pressures of ten millions of volts or more, but even if it were not confirmed by experiment, the theory I advanced in 1897 would afford the simplest and most probable explanation of the phenomena. Is not the universe with its infinite and impenetrable boundary a perfect vacuum tube of dimensions and power inconceivable? Are not its fiery suns electrodes at temperatures far beyond any we can apply in the puny and crude contrivances of our making? Is it not a fact that the suns and stars are under immense electrical pressures transcending any that man can ever produce and is this not equally true of the vacuum in celestial space? Finally, can there be any doubt that cosmic dust and meteoric matter present an infinitude of targets acting as reflectors and transformers of energy? If under ideal working conditions, and with apparatus on a scale beyond the grasp of the human mind, rays of surpassing intensity and penetrative power would not be generated, then, indeed, nature has made an unique exception to its laws.

It has been suggested that the cosmic rays are electrons or that they are the result of creation of new matter in the interstellar deserts. These views are too fantastic to be even for a moment seriously considered. They are natural outcroppings of this age of deep but unrational thinking, of impossible theories, the latest of which might, perhaps, deal with the curvature of time. What this world of ours would be if time were curved:" Nikola Tesla.
---------------------------------------------
"As I said in the beginning, the North and South Pole magnets they are the cosmic
force. They hold together this earth and everything on it, and they hold together the
moon, too. The moon's North end holds South Pole magnets the same as the earth's
North end. The moon's South end holds North Pole magnets the same as the earth's
South end.

Those people who have been wondering why the moon does not come down all they
have to do is to give the moon one- half of a turn so that the North end would be in
South side, and South end in the North side, and then the moon would come down.
At present the earth and the moon have like magnet poles in the same sides so their
own magnet poles keep themselves apart, but when the poles are reversed, then they
will pull together." Ed Leedskalnin.
"The North lights are caused by the North and South Pole magnets passing in
concentrated streams, but the streams are not as much concentrated as they are in
the lightning." Ed.L 1946.
-----------------
Scotty.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm

According to Eric Dollard, Tesla stated, as did Wheatstone, that longitudinal magneto-dielectric waves and electrostatic impulse waves travel at the speed of pi divided by 2 times the speed of light.

pi/2 x c = 291,000 miles/sec

yes, thats faster then light.

Magnetic induction and AC travel at c.

According to Dollard, Tesla proved that there are four kinds of wireless transmission.

Pure Magnetic Induction
Pure Electrostatic Impulse
EM Transverse Radiation
Magnetic-Dielectric Oscillating (longitudinal) via the aether.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yKW9FS ... re=related

This means, if its correct, and I believe it is, that wireless energy transmission is a very complex set of four fundamentally different possibilites and combinations and permeatations thereof. Since space is wireless transmission we must observe these new concepts when we speak of Radio Telescope observations of magnetic fields. In space it would be possible that Tesla is correct and the common mode of transmission is Magnetic-Dielectric. If you set up a AC receiver, you will see that the one energy easily converts to the other, as Tesla discovered. So using a AC sensor, does not mean it was transmitted that way!

I will let that sink in, so you get the mental picture.

Tesla Patents demonstrate a 2nd order tuning that occurs via the Impulse Magnifying Transmitter from Pure Electrostatic Impulse and AC Transverse Waves combined, this 2nd order tuning creates the Magnetic-Dielectric Oscillating Longitudinal Wave, the real Scalar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZWrjcr ... re=related

According to Dollard, when you interrupt a high frequency, high voltage, electrostatic charge, (back in the day of spark gap electronic experiments) and as any person (like the forums own Dave from Australia knows) that interruptions are explosive events to a circuits hardware. Where does this huge impulse come from?
Its in the Aether which is the Magnetic-Dielectric field.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/73155/Eric-Do ... s-19861991
Last edited by junglelord on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

I searched around for a radio wavelength image of this pair on the NRAO web site, but none was listed in their search utility. I e-mailed Dave Finley, their PR guy, and he graciously responded that it was in today's issue of Nature. At nature.com, the lead-in to the article was there, and for $32 one could see the rest, including the imagery (not the artists's impression above). As I don't have a subscription, does anybody reading the forum have a subscription and if so, could we see the radio filaments? Thanks.
Jim

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

@Scotty,
Where did the number 900,000 in Tesla's paper come from?

Jim

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:58 pm

(Stars Spin Huge Magnetic Loop)
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/A ... 00113.html

Consider this paper with respect to the observations above:

(An electrically powered binary star?)
adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002MNRAS.331..221W
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//ful ... 2.000.html

What do you think? Is it a [very rough] match indicative of further inquiry? While it takes its starting point from the "standard model," it provides a point for astronomers to ponder...
Astronomers have detected a giant magnetic loop sweeping out from a pair of binary stars in the Milky Way. See: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/Algol-magnetic-loop-100113.html
Astronomers have detected a giant magnetic loop sweeping out from a pair of binary stars in the Milky Way. See: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/Algol-magnetic-loop-100113.html
100113-algol-01.jpg (4.55 KiB) Viewed 15162 times
vs.
Figure 1. A schematic illustration of a unipolar inductor consisting of a magnetic and non-magnetic white dwarf pair in a close binary orbit. See: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002MNRAS.331..221W
Figure 1. A schematic illustration of a unipolar inductor consisting of a magnetic and non-magnetic white dwarf pair in a close binary orbit. See: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002MNRAS.331..221W
Keeping in mind the EU explanation might be "slightly different"...

(Stellar "Evolution" in the Electric Universe)
http://www.electric-cosmos.org/hrdiagr.htm

See the sections on "White and Blue Stars" and "Fissioning" for the likely EU explanation of this system. AKA, Algol A & C may be the largest fissioning products of a parent body, with the largest collecting surfaces, both being Blue-White main sequence stars, with Algol B being a smaller body collecting less current and thus only a red-orange dwarf star.

See below for the characteristics of the stars according to observation(s):

(Algol - Star System)
http://conservapedia.com/Algol#Star_System

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Conservapedia? Wow; first I've heard of them. Nonetheless, science is science and they have some mainstream vetted facts that may be okay - I don't know. We have to be discerning enough to ignore the irrelevant stuff and not brush off a potentially useful source just because its "tone" may seem off-putting to some readers. A good start might be to not read "About Conservapedia", although it's nothing that you can't make up your mind about, or just put away in a different drawer in your head.

The article from Harvard was really good, and the implications for this being a complete circuit powered electrically by external driving currents is pretty unusual in consensus literature. It looks plausible at first read; I need to go through it again with a little more time on my hands. Good finds, as usual, Michael.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

jjohnson wrote:Conservapedia? Wow; first I've heard of them. Nonetheless, science is science and they have some mainstream vetted facts that may be okay - I don't know. We have to be discerning enough to ignore the irrelevant stuff and not brush off a potentially useful source just because its "tone" may seem off-putting to some readers. A good start might be to not read "About Conservapedia", although it's nothing that you can't make up your mind about, or just put away in a different drawer in your head.

The article from Harvard was really good, and the implications for this being a complete circuit powered electrically by external driving currents is pretty unusual in consensus literature. It looks plausible at first read; I need to go through it again with a little more time on my hands. Good finds, as usual, Michael.
Generally agreed. The only reason I referenced it was that it does seem to have references and a decent enough outline of the stellar types of Algol system. Was one of the few I found a couple days ago when I first read the new results and wanted to know what kind of stars they were.

Otherwise I probably wouldn't be reading that particular site. As you say, it seems to have certain aims and such that I'd otherwise disagree with. If nothing else, the main thing seems to be their link to the paper describing some observation of the system and debatably showing what kind of stars mainstream models believe to comprise the system. Sometimes you take a reference where you can get one. Just happened to be on Conservapedia more so than Wikipedia. Still would recommend cross-referencing other reliable sites just to be sure.

That quibble aside, what do you think?

Cheers,
~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

jjohnson wrote:The article from Harvard was really good, and the implications for this being a complete circuit powered electrically by external driving currents is pretty unusual in consensus literature. It looks plausible at first read; I need to go through it again with a little more time on my hands. Good finds, as usual, Michael.
Well, they seems to be more of the mind that it's an internal circuit based upon a magnetic body circling a non-magnetic body and inductively generating currents. As opposed to what we'd call an "external" current powering the whole system from without. AKA, they say the effect is generated by and confined to the two hypothetical bodies, not much external to the system, I don't think? I'll have to re-read it a bit more closely too.

Cheers,
~MG

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 am

Sometimes I use Solstation to find some extra info about stars and such. Here is a bit from there that relates to Algol too:

http://www.solstation.com/stars2/algol3.htm
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 am

The latest Tpod, on the subject of Algol's magnetic loops:
[url2=http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/ ... gorgon.htm]The Gorgons Head[/url2]
According to a recent press release from the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO), a looping coronal prominence has been detected as it arcs outward from the poles of the less massive beta star toward the larger member of the pair. There is nothing particularly unusual about coronal loops, as indicated by the picture of our parent star at the top of the page, but this is the first time that a prominence has been observed anywhere other than the Sun.

There are repeated mentions of the "magnetic field", "magnetic loops", and "magnetic features" in the NRAO announcement. Noticeably absent is any reference to the electric currents that must be generating those magnetic phenomena. Magnetism cannot exist without electricity.
The surface of the Sun generates coronal arches and multiple loop structures that rise up from its surface and penetrate the chromosphere. The chromosphere is a plasma sheath, or double layer region of the Sun, where most of its electrical energy is contained. When the current flowing into the Sun's plasma sheath increases beyond a critical threshold it can trigger a sudden release of that energy, causing solar flares and enormous prominence eruptions.

As Electric Universe advocate Don Scott has repeatedly pointed-out, powerful looping electric currents generate secondary toroidal magnetic fields that surround the loop. When the current grows too strong, the plasma double layer is destroyed. That event interrupts the current flow and the stored electromagnetic energy is blasted into space as a solar flare.
The "giant magnetic loop" that stretches between stars in the Algol system is a scaled up version of the same phenomena observed in our solar system.

Nick

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 am

My interpretation is that this system is in a large Birkeland current like any star or star system is, and this is where the energy comes from to power the three stars. That a secondary circuit has been set up shouldn't be too abnormal where you have these moving masses in the electromagnetic field. And yes, large flares with X ray radiation are found from this system, indicating some overloading. Flares act a lot like temporary circuit breakers to relieve stress, in my analogy world, but the impressed primary current may be continuing to build up excess charge which gets stored in the complex of double layers. Hence its periodic collapse and release history.

The EU idea that binaries are also release mechanisms - fissioning into two mases increases surface area for shedding - increases the plausibility that this system was overstressed at some point and is still doing what it has to to relieve itself, at least until the primary current density decreases enough.

By "external driving currents", to clarify, I was referring to the article's reference as to what mechanism was heating the star up, in addition to the usual reference to internal fusion processes (for political correctness? I wonder...). To me, that oblique reference might have referred to the energy flow (current) from the other star, or (my version or interpretation) it comes from the external galactic current the system is in.

The animation in the link shows all three stars maintaining their radial orbital alignment so that the three stars always have a straight line through their centers. That's not good orbital mechanics, and even with a charge interpretation added in, á là Miles Mathis, I'm not sure that is a sustainable picture. It's like a rigid disk with all the masses on one radial from the star! -but it has pretty colors... :?

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 pm

jjohnson wrote:By "external driving currents", to clarify, I was referring to the article's reference as to what mechanism was heating the star up, in addition to the usual reference to internal fusion processes (for political correctness? I wonder...). To me, that oblique reference might have referred to the energy flow (current) from the other star, or (my version or interpretation) it comes from the external galactic current the system is in.
Fair enough. :)