Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Re: Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:01 pm

popster1 wrote:Ain't that the truth, and it's not just the EU that gets panned. Wikipedia should be called "The encyclopedia of Popular Science."
Actually, my understanding is that, rightly or wrongly (I favor the latter), Joshua Schroeder AKA ScienceApologist has been lobbying to get Wikipedia policy changed to make Wikipedia a "mainstream" encyclopedia. (Don't have a cite on that, at the moment, but it was passed along as a sidenote in a comment by a colleague interested in the WP debates.) The intent, I'm (relatively) sure, is to ensure that nothing "controversial" gets any coverage at all (despite any apparent notability of the subject) and he can willy-nilly try to get rid of articles he disagrees with. Maybe that's overstating it slightly. But, I wouldn't put it past him, based upon the dealings we've had with him.

Of course that would undermine the open spirit of Wikipedia entirely, instituting a personal agenda to maintain the status quo and dominion over what is and isn't discussed or part of the public "ideaspace." Who decides what is/isn't "mainstream," and what is / isn't "verboten," him?

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Schroeder's latest attempt at bastardising Wikipedia to suit himself is here.

For a better understanind of how he and others feel about it, wander down the
talk (discussion) page of same. He is known to try any number of means to subvert "Neutral Point of View" (NPOV), one of Wikipedia's core policies (and a cornerstone to it's success) to suit his own world view.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 am

Perhaps, like the Oroboros, the Troll will grab and consume his tail, until he disappears :D :D :D

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 am

This of course is a completely inappropriate comment on my part about ScienceApologist and his plans to purify Wikipedia, and his plan to save it from the vile evil of fringers everywhere. (Say, I just noticed that "vile" and "evil" share the same four letters, and they are both four letter words, neat. Hey, "neat" is a four letter word too, cool. Huh oh, "cool" is also a four letter word, along with "four" and "word", whoa! Wait , "whoa" is a... Somebody "stop" me before I... )

SA is the new Grand Inquisitor for the Church of Science. Notice something interesting that may explain ScienceApologist passion for purging "fringe" concepts:
Question of Jewish descent

Like many Spaniards, Torquemada appears to have had Jewish ancestry: the contemporary historian Hernando del Pulgar, writing of Torquemada's uncle Juan de Torquemada, said that his ancestor Alvar Fernández de Torquemada had married a first-generation Jewish converso (convert). Del Pulgar was a converso himself. Also, according to biographer Thomas Hope's book, Torquemada, Torquemada's grandmother was a converso.
Torquemada may have become the Grand Inquisitor to prove that he was "purer than pure" a true and devout believer. SA may have a dark "fringe" past, i.e., be a lapsed hard core "fringer", or have a parent heavy into "fringe science", and is thus trying to prove to someone that he is "purer than pure" a devout believer in the Church of Science.

Just my two cents at seeing where SA may be coming from. I of course have no verifiable documentation or posted comments that may implicate SA as being ex-fringe, so I am of course talking out my considerable rear end; and if by some strange chance I have accidentally hit too close to the mark on some deeply personal trauma on his part, I of course do apologize.

And as I said at the beginning, this comment is probably completely inappropriate, but I couldn't help myself from pointing it out. It's a failing on my part, I know, and I have to work on it.

bdw000

Unread post by bdw000 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

allynh wrote: "vile" and "evil"
I think that's all you need right there to explain it :)

maxtruth

Unread post by maxtruth » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 am

after seeing this link in the post I had to mention this...

(Taiwan satellite notes ionosphere change before earthquake.)
http://digg.com/general_sciences/Taiwan ... earthquake

has anyone read up on HAARP and it's work on the ionosphere... could be fodder for a conspiracy theory... the idea just jumped out at me when I read it... the ramifications would be scary though...

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 am

Are you talking about using HAARP disturbing the ionosphere, which would then produce earthquakes?
How about reposting that link. And this time put the URL markers around it. Si?

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Post from new member "jorich" moved to the Cymatics thread here http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 511#p24511
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 am

G'day

Thank you for the links.

Great work

Start on these in a few days.

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Just when I thought it was safe to come out and play

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 am

reka wrote:I would assume that PLASMA must be some form of water.
From whence this rather odd and faulty assumption?

A little bit of light reading should correct it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_%28physics%29
http://plasmadictionary.llnl.gov/terms. ... age=detail
Wikipedia wrote:In physics and chemistry, plasma is a partially ionized gas, in which a certain proportion of electrons are free rather than being bound to an atom or molecule. The ability of the positive and negative charges to move somewhat independently makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields. Plasma therefore has properties quite unlike those of solids, liquids, or gases and is considered to be a distinct state of matter.
Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

james weninger

Unread post by james weninger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:13 pm

On level 3:The Solar Domain, under the heading [Hypothetical] Electric Stars, you may consider the peer reviewed papers "Buried in The Coronal Graveyard" and "On The Global Electrostatic Charge of Stars". "Buried in the Coronal Graveyard" suggests that red giant stars may have greater magnetic fields than standard theory predicts,and that the effects of those magnetic fields may be hidden from us as well (the X-ray emission usually associated with magnetic fields is what is buried in the "coronal graveyard"). "On The Global Electrostatic Charge of Stars" states that astronomers have known since the 1920's that stars are charged, but then promptly forgot that fact in the theories they developed over the years. Thanks for this wonderful list;this thread is great.

james weninger

Unread post by james weninger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Also, in Section 4: the Galactic Domain, under Filamentary + Helical Structures you may want to add the updated images of the Double Helix Nebula from http://www.physicalsciences.ucla.edu/re ... ehelix.asp The new images give an even better idea of what is going on (and why the mainstream is wrong again)

james weninger

Unread post by james weninger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 pm

One more, and I'll stop giving Michael more work. In section 3: The Solar Domain, under Anomalous Data, "A Mystery Solved", can we put an alternative solution to the one proposed by Wal Thornhill? While he is a genius, he is wrong here. Scientists have correctly here realized that the "anomalous spacecraft accelerations" and "Orbital Energy Change" problems are related. Wal Thornhill's explanation does'nt cover why the accelerations and orbital energy changes have the directional dependence that they do. NASA/JPL will see he is wrong here. May do the cause more damage than good. The truth is that if the sun is traveling in a helical or toroidal path due to E-M , the sun has an acceleration towards the axis of that helix. Wal would see why the accelerations and orbital energy changes are asymetric with respect to Earth's spin axis, if he gave it some thought about how a spinning, charged Earth would line up as it traveled through a magnetic field. In the anomalous acceleration problem, we are measuring the acceleration of the sun towards the helical axis. In the orbital energy change problem,we are measuring the velocity of our solar system around the helix. Sounds complex,but if Wal thinks about it, he will see this is a simple solution.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:53 am

G'day

I'm still reading and trying to understand the logic of the Electric Universe and plasma Cosmology.

Fantastic work

abaraba

Unread post by abaraba » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm

I like this one:
http://www.physorg.com/news110191847.html

-"When exposed to a high-voltage electric field, water in two beakers climbs out of the beakers and crosses empty space to meet, forming the water bridge. The liquid bridge, hovering in space, appears to the human eye to defy gravity."