[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - Lightning

Lightning

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Recovered: Of Lightning, Plasma Torus(es), & the Sun

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 am Post subject: Of Lightning, Plasma Torus(es), & the Sun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, as promised, I've decided to promote this to a topic in its own right from a conversation over on the Martian Spiders on Earth thread.

I've decided to make this first post a summary post, and then go into specifics.

Long story short, I've noticed a pattern which I think will inevitably lead to some level of illumination about the sun, planets, moons, Earth, and their relation to certain electrical features/effects.

Specifically, I'd reference Birkeland's terella experiments as a guide to understanding the planets and moons in their electrical environment.

More specifically, I'd note that in the experiments above a good majority of the objects developed a plasma torus around their equators.

It has now been shown that Earth has such a torus. I suspect that a number of planets (including Venus which is massively scarred around its equatorial plane) also have or had such a torus. Even the sun demonstrates this features in its solar flare cycle.

I'll go into more detail shortly. Just wanted to get this post up and going, first.

Cheers,
~Michael

Last edited by mgmirkin on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

OP "mgmirkin"
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. Maitri Upanishad
bboyer

Re: Of Lightning, Plasma Torus(es), & the Sun

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:51 pm

There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. Maitri Upanishad
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget the Valles Marineris scar on Mars. As mentioned on Holoscience, it appears as though a rotating torus has swiped the planet.

OP "pln2bz"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 pm Post subject: The sun.

I don't yet have images available from the sun to back up the notions above. Having trouble tracking down the specific images I've seen in the past. Will post them ad I run across them. Meanwhile, if anyone happens to know of images/animations/videos of the sun in time-lapse showing progression of the solar flares over the solar cycle, I'd love to see it. Seems most of the sites like doing day-by-day shots, but for some reason time-lapse videos over the course of a month or a year seem to be lacking??

But I know I've seen image/video archives somewhere. Just can't recall where. ;o]

~Michael

OP "mgmirkin"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:13 pm Post subject:

mgmirken :

What's really interesting is not just the equatorial banding, but that the local concentration of lightning centers roughly over each landmass; that is to say, each landmass that falls under that equatorial band has its lightning distribution centered on the center of that land mass.

Are there any more maps of that nature but with finer granularity over, say, the US?

OP "Pfhoenix"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:58 pm

bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:20 pm Post subject:

When I turn off the lights and leave on the ionizer from my experiment the wires glow with plasma ,and you can see what looks like flashes directly under the wires.It has a lightning/aurorae look to it.But its not like fillaments per say more like an wide field/curtain of plasma.It always depends on how much dust is present on the wires.not sure the exact correlation. But I do see what looks exactly like the dots on the orbs above.
Electric Universe And Plasma Cosmology Is Pregnant With Promise For Understanding Our Collective Past, Current Internal and External Present, and Bestows New Hope On a More Exellent Way Forward In Our Unified Individuation!

OP "Plasmatic MnemoHistory"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:00 pm

bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:08 pm Post subject:

I have a pair of night vision goggles,so ill try to see if the camera will "see" through them. I ve wondered if I left it on would I see any erosion as well.Ill clean the grid and put fresh talc and see.But it really looks like a heat lightning storm. Also when you view the surface the plasma is touching it appears to glow as well.
Electric Universe And Plasma Cosmology Is Pregnant With Promise For Understanding Our Collective Past, Current Internal and External Present, and Bestows New Hope On a More Exellent Way Forward In Our Unified Individuation!

OP "Plasmatic MnemoHistory"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:02 pm

bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:02 pm Post subject:

Getting back to the topic of the thread, I've actually been meaning to make an animated GIF movie or something out of the monthly lightning data from LIS / OTD...

Maybe I'll see if I can make that happen some day soon. Have to get the creaky gears in my head moving again and see if I can recall how to make animated GIF's...

~Michael

OP "mgmirkin"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:37 pm Post subject:

Two things, this is a very good thread.

I'm sure I remember seeing the movie you mentioned regarding the movement of sunspots from upper regions towards the equator. It was a long time ago and I couldn't find anything on the net. But I know that i've seen it.

In relation to the plasma bands i'm wondering *if* this is the section of Earth's equator that may extend directly into the plasma torus that encircles the globe i.e. the plasmasphere? If you go to the and look at the plasma that encircles the Earth seems to do so primarily at it's equator and looks to form a disk corotaing with the earth to some degree.

The torus is perhaps not a sphere per se because it is plasma that is trapped within an sort of figure eight pattern (with earth at center) by the Earth's magnetic field lines. I'm wondering *if*, like the rings of Saturn, this torus; with increasing density as one approaches the equator - at some point becomes relatively 'flat', but still hundereds of miles wide. But that, upon intersecting with the Earth at the equator the bands could possibly be the upper and lower planes of the plasma torus's equatorial intersection?

It is very interesting that it has four points of highest density which correspond to areas that expeirience high lightning activity. It is so wanting of an EU explanation.

Second thing related to the Sun.

The Birkeland material you cited says:
"If the globe has a smooth surface and is not magnetised, the disruptive discharges (white patches) come rapidly one after another, and are distributed more or less uniformly all over the globe (see a). On the other hand, if the globe is magnetised, even very slightly, the patches from which the disruptive discharges issue, arrange themselves then in two zones parallel with the magnetic equator of the globe; and the more powerfully the globe is magnetised, the nearer do they come to the equator (see b, c, d)"

The difference between magnetized and not magnetized in the terella experiment was whether or not current was applied to the metallic sphere.

When related to the Sun and the known movement of Sun spots from upper and lower lattitudes towards it's equator, just like the "cathode discharges" or white patches on the Birkeland terella, then it seems the corresponding inference would be the results of either an increase in the Sun's maganetization or an increase in it's "discharge tension". Which would imply an increase in current or electrical stress? Here are comparitive photos of the .

When you mentioned that movie, and having seen it myself, it brought Birkeland's terella experiment to life in relation to the Sun's solar cycles.

I do wonder if the plasma bands are stationary? Considering the dynamics i'd tend to think not.

Just musing.

OP "Solar"
bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:09 pm

bboyer

Unread postby bboyer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:18 pm Post subject:

Ask and ye' shall receive...

Glad I listed off several satellites. Decided to google them all... Found the above in short order. Now, does it have what I'm looking for? I dunno. ;o] But I remember the gallery from a link off Mozina's site...
bboyer

Next

Return to Electric Universe - Planetary Science