NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Images Apollo

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Images Apollo

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:08 am

Thought I would make a thread for the LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter)
NASA made a Press Release for the images of the Lunar Modules, to prove they went to the moon.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/m ... sites.html

Here is Earth rise and Earth set from the Japanese mission SELENE (Kaguya) which has made the most detailed Lunar Maps.
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/04/14 ... om-kaguya/
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

StevenJay

Re: NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Images Apollo

Unread post by StevenJay » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 am

junglelord wrote:NASA made a Press Release for the images of the Lunar Modules, to prove they went to the moon.
Hmm - I'm guessing that little white specks, like lights in the night sky, probably aren't the sort of "proof" most folks are looking for these days. :(

I used to be among those who thought the whole thing was a hoax. And I based most of my opinion on the infamous post-mission press conference. Based on info that has come to light since then, though, I've re-evaluated their odd behavior and no longer feel that they were lying about actually going there but, instead, their nervous and subdued demeanor suggests that they saw, very clearly, that we are not the only inhabitants of this stellar neighborhood; paradigm-shattering information for sure. And we can't have that, now, can we?

Collins has since excused that behavior by stating that they were all of a test pilot mind-set, and that's just how they talk and behave during a mission (never mind the excited remarks made by either Armstrong or Aldrin that went something like: We're not alone here, and Look at the size of those suckers - they're HUGE! before Houston censored the transmition).

But a press conference isn't a life-threatening flight mission, it's a social setting with microphones and cameras. Additionally, Collins' excuse doesn't explain their very obvious body language. I don't buy the well, they were just shy and nervous explanation either. These guys had already been in the world spotlight for months.

I'm convinced that they have been forbidden from revealing the greatest story in human history.

I thought the Earthrise clip from Kaguya, on the other hand, was very profound. I kept hearing Kubrick's "2001" theme playing as I watched. :)
It's all about perception.

keeha

Unread post by keeha » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:00 pm

6-8 pixels of 'proof'. 8-)
I'm convinced that they have been forbidden from revealing the greatest story in human history.
I expect that would be from glowing plasma effects from the voltage difference between the earth and moon.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 pm

* It seems they were quite happy when they returned from the moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxb896-9b0
* It was only after spending a long time in quarantine that they lost their excitement, when they finally got out. So I think it's doubtful that their latter expressions related to their moon exploration, or supposed hoax, but more likely to the boredom of their quarantine. They may not have been able to get enough sleep too.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Thanks for posting that link, JL! I'd looked to see if Kaguya had imaged those landing sites a while back, but at that time apparently she hadn't.

As for the topic of artifacts of alien civilizations on the moon- I have always believed that there was more going on up there than just "dust and craters". Alien artifacts were as valid a supposition as anything else, when there wasn't anything else that seemed plausible.
Now that I'm aware that plasma effects are causing light shows on the moon, and we have layers of dust the size of the Great Lakes being suspended a meter above the surface... it made me rethink the liklihood of alien activity of any kind :|

Mind you- I don't believe that every witnessed event on Earth is explainable with known physics (or manifestations thereof), but... if I were a galactic explorer, bent on investigating various solar systems, and I came across a jewel of a planet like Earth... I certainly wouldn't stop and dink around on our barren moon while I had this gorgeous, resource-rich planet circling down below it.

Even if they didn't find Earth condusive to their biology and were just studying/cataloguing/whatnot Earth for pure giggles- they're in a craft capable of interstellar travel- why not just sit in orbit and get a better view?

Doesn't make sense to me, making moonbases or whatever. Just my opinion, tho. I will say that some of those comments they recorded from the moonwalkers were very, very enigmatic however... ;)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for posting that link, JL! I'd looked to see if Kaguya had imaged those landing sites a while back, but at that time apparently she hadn't.

Well she actually did, she did the entire moon.
The evidence she showed was just the blast rays from Apollo 15
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/07/16 ... te-images/
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

bdw000

Unread post by bdw000 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:47 am

I do not claim to know either way if "they" went to the moon.

But photos of currently empty craft do NOT "prove" that people were in them when they landed on the moon. They could EASILY have been unmanned when they set down.

Also, photos from today to NOT "prove" WHEN those craft landed: could just as easily have been yesterday as 1969.

Again, I make no claims. I am just pointing out the huge logical fallacy in even suggesting that these photos even come close to proving anything at all about the 1969 mission.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 am

Please let's move discussion back in the direction of scientific, rather than speculative. People are welcome to air their views on aliens, hoaxes and conspiracies down on the NIAMI board, but NOT here.
Board summary wrote:Electric Universe - Planetary Science
Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster