Philosophy of electric universe

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Holoverse

Philosophy of electric universe

Unread post by Holoverse » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:01 pm

Hey all,

Just would like to get your thoughts...
I am posing the philosophical implications of the electric universe...

Its known that in deep meditation your brain produces predominant theta waves at around 7hz. Could the feeling of oneness and unity with all, stem from your brain synching up to the larger electromagnetic field of the earth, the schumann resonance, at 7.8hz?? (Which has now increased to around 11hz for some apparent reason. (any thoughts?))

And could the electric universe also explain levitations by mystics and nuns, somehow? Like all your cells resonate and lock with the larger field and travel down/up a 'filament'??

Also...in regards to mysticism....within spiritual circles/new age/religous circles it has long been speculated/prophesized that a shift of the ages is coming or a shift in consciousness, 2012 blah blah etc etc....or to Bible literalists, the "Kingdom of Heaven" on earth.
Now...Skepticism aside......
Maybe consider this...

Your brains waking state operates at 14hz-17hz.
And the schumann resonance was 7hz up until the 1980's.
So to reach 'god/transcendence/oneness/enlightenment etc, you just had to reduce your brain waves to that level through meditation.
And you could possibly have a religous/spiritual experience of oneness, and the cosmic serpent of kundalini energy
(obviously electric in nature,not metaphysical)
(which perhaps is just bio-plasma interactions between your cells and the magnetosphere?? Spontaneous human combustion most often occurs in meditative states, or when someone is napping. (theta)

Now....the Shift of the Ages/Consciousness/Kingdom of Heaven on earth. etc..,
Just might happen.....in an electric universe.
Remember how the schuman resonance is now 11hz instead of 7.
Well lets speculate that it continues increasing to around 15 or 16hz.
Would we not be constantly feeling 'god/oneness' as we walk around in our waking states??
Constantly, and blissfully in coherent phase lock with our planet, and always aware of the unity of all things.
Non-dualness.
We would effectively be resonating with the earth, in 'harmony'. (no pun intended), while we are awake, instead of having to reach deep meditation to get there. Thoughts?

This might also explain why more and more people are complaining about tiredness, and suffering from lethargy and depression.
Because the resonance is no longer in lock with their sleep oscillation of 7hz
And its been proven that dreaming/REM sleep is a needed function of the body. Perhaps because you're operating at the schumann resonance and 'recharging your battery' per se. Your cells are getting energized and repaired by the currents of the earth.

And I know you're gonna love this..lol....but there could be a scientific explanation, based on the electric universe, for the christian rapture or other cultural prophecies of mass disappearances?? (and no its not your souls being stolen to heaven, or switching dimensions.:O....its easily explainable)
When and if the schumann resonance reaches our waking state oscillation, we will have an amplified flow of electromagnetism through us, interacting viscously with our bodies bio-plasma. causing 'chaos' in some people, which may be too much to handle and millions of humans will spontaneously combust? Others will adapt? Any thoughts??
And, In an electric universe, would spontaneous human combustion be considered a bodily 'discharge' between you and the planet?

Sorry for such a long post, but I just needed to get that out.

PS the ark of the covenant was electrical in nature. Perhaps ARC of the covenant? Between 'god' (plasma/electricity in the sky) and us. (somehow storing that electricity) Thoughts...

Plasmatic

Re: Philosophy of electric universe

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:52 am

Hi Holoverse,

O.K. I see a few things to consider. I have no problem with the postulation [with some supporting evidence heretofore] of the resonant electrodynamics of the body with our enviornment , and the proposed psychological evects thereof. I have had many many experiences , that would make a person with a different philisophical structure swear all kinds of ACAUSUAL nonsense. All of these could be seen to fit into the resonance dynamics we are discussing.

Heres the thing ,the greatest bane I think that man has dealt with is the fault of reification and , the tendancy to affirm the consequent. Man has said , "these things are happenning therefore..yoga/kundalini is a literal....2012 is a valid time of...spiritual shifts are gonna literaly...a real kingdom is coming on....the theological interpretation leading to the concept of a parousia/rapture is correct...etc.etc."

O.k ,I see this as the perfect example of ,precisly the balance of what the Thunderbolts team have publicly presented. The Mythological exegesis presented by Talbott , Cardona ,cochrane,and Vanderslujis. ALL of the themes you mentioned as a POSSIBLE event that arised from theological or otherwise Mystical/philisophical reification [or in some cases even mis interpretation of those faulty interpretations]of actual historical events that can be laid out in the COMPARATIVE METHOD in a way that is stunning in its predictive power as to mythical themes.

The mythology forum is opening in a short while . When it does you will see the reason for withdrawing the reified affirmations above mentioned. Now I dont wish to discourage you from persuing the resonance themes and seeking a valid CAUSUAL electrodynamic explanation , that doesnt involve affirming the consequent , or reify mythical themes with clear planetary and plasmatic origins.

Any Philosophy of Science must consider the need to reflect the causual nature of our existence and concept formation process. words like spiritual , mystical, supernatural ,etc. are attempt to apply acuasual concepts to causual realities.Which of course is where the mis-integration lies. Holy war ,and the class societies / rite of Kingship cultures where born in this fashion.

So in short theres no reason to look for these events in the sense that the events where born in a false context physcologically. One of great fear and misunderstanding. With the loss of the objective referents of the "age of gods and wonders" in the sky and in the minds of man , we have been stuck in a circle of false ideas and resorted to the only method of dealing with others in the absence of reason,FAITH and FORCE.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:26 pm

English, man... English!

Can someone perhaps define reification, and affirming the consequent, for us lowly mortals (who perhaps aren't familiar with the various formalisms of philosophy / logic)? :wink:

IE, what are they, and why might or might not they be a "bad thing," per se?

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes sir here you go :

"Affirming the Consequent In valid logic structure when we say that if A is true then B is true, we must prove A to be true in order to conclude that B is true. Affirming the consequent is to falsely conclude that A is true upon finding that B is true"

"Reification The attempt to make a purely abstract idea or concept into a real-world extant entity."

Wich goes well with :

"Ultra-Symbolism Confusing the symbol with the reality for which it stands."

All of these can be found at Mikamars Hypocricy section:

http://www.mikamar.biz/hypocrisy.htm
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:46 am

Holoverse wrote:Hey all,

<snip> ... the schumann resonance, at 7.8hz?? (Which has now increased to around 11hz for some apparent reason. (any thoughts?))
Do you have a scientific reference or source for this statement?

See this paper (pdf format) Anomalous effect in Schumann resonance phenomena observed in Japan, possibly associated with the Chi-chi earthquake in Taiwan M. Hayakawa1, K. Ohta2, A. P. Nickolaenko1,3, and Y. Ando1, posted in this thread Recovered: New info on Sprites which indicates there are harmonics of the Schumann Resonanance at higher frequencies than the fundamental mode f1 (7.8 Hz), mentioning for example, mode f4 (26 Hz). You are implying that the fundamental mode itself has increased to a higher level, where it sounds like in reality it is only a reference to one of the established higher harmonics.
<snip> .... Spontaneous human combustion most often occurs in meditative states, or when someone is napping. (theta)
<snip>
A perhaps healthy dose of skepticism advised, I think. Spontaneous human combustion. Though it appears that anecdotal evidence does show an electrical connection at least in some reported/witnessed phenomenal instances.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:55 am

MGmirkin wrote:English, man... English!

Can someone perhaps define reification, and affirming the consequent, for us lowly mortals (who perhaps aren't familiar with the various formalisms of philosophy / logic)? :wink:

IE, what are they, and why might or might not they be a "bad thing," per se?

~Michael Gmirkin
We should probably revive that topic you posted on the old board about logical arguments, the one wherein numerous, common fallacies were listed. Matter of fact, I'll start a new one under the Resources section.

EDIT: Done. Logic, Argument, & Logical Fallacies
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:48 pm

Holoverse:
Hello :)
Putting the issue of reification aside, it seems to me (and correct me if I am off base here) that you are presenting a possible means by which (the Earth's) electromagnetic fields can affect human thought processes in both an individual and collective sense. Perhaps, somewhat analogous to (the brain acting in the manner of) a radio receiver, ie tuned into certain frequencies which are perceived as thoughts. That is, thoughts being the brains' interpretation of "signals" received from external sources, in the form of, solar wind/electric currents, cosmic rays, x-rays, etc, etc. With the Earth's magnetic field (and/or atmosphere, plasmasphere, electric currents within the planet, etc) acting as a filter. Changes in this filter and/or changes in the incoming "signals" result in changes in human perceptions, especially in terms of philosophical/metaphysical understanding.
A theory of an external source for the stimulation of the brain's thoughts, if that is your reasoning, is interesting. It would seem that there could be some tests for such a theory?
[As an aside, I seem to remember reading (in an issue of Kronos?) a short summary of a 1931 psychology article by (pre-"World's In Collision") Dr. Velikovsky, which perhaps, has some relevance to this subject. I think the link below is to that article, I am not sure because I don't speak German, and as far as I know it has never been translated to English. My understanding is that he theorizes that thoughts have a physical existence. In my opinion, that means that an electromagnetic wave, otherwise invisible to the 5 senses, is perceived as a thought. So, one frequency of an em wave may be interpreted as a color- red, for example, another frequency is interpreted as a concept or idea.]
http://www.varchive.org/tpp/energetik.htm
Maybe it has some relevance? Anyone know more about this?

A few questions:
the schumann resonance, at 7.8hz?? (Which has now increased to around 11hz for some apparent reason. (any thoughts?))

As Arc-us asked, what is the basis for this assertion?
and the same for:
And the schumann resonance was 7hz up until the 1980's.
Is this real?
If so, what caused or is causing this change in the Shumann resonance?
And last,
I don't quite understand, what is the connection to the rapture, myths, and prophecies in general?
My personal opinion is that most prophesies of "the end of the world" are the submerged memories of the catastrophic terrors of our past, reemerged, and projected into the future.
Well I guess we are back to the subject of reification again. Our ancestors when confronted with extraordinary and extinction threatening natural phenomena, reified the experience. For instance, they assigned human character and motivations to planets (including Earth) interacting with touching plasmaspheres and resulting plasma discharges.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathetic_fallacy
The pathetic fallacy or anthropomorphic fallacy is the description of inanimate natural objects in a manner that endows them with human feelings, thoughts and sensations. It is when the author expresses the character's feelings through his/her surroundings. The pathetic fallacy is a special case of the fallacy of reification.

Spontaneous human combustion?
Arc-us wrote:
A perhaps healthy dose of skepticism advised
Yes, that is a good idea. 8-)
Spontaneous human combustion most often occurs in meditative states, or when someone is napping.
I was just going to take my afternoon power nap, if you never see a post from me again, you know what happened :!:
Nick

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:42 pm

nick c wrote:
Spontaneous human combustion most often occurs in meditative states, or when someone is napping.
I was just going to take my afternoon power nap, if you never see a post from me again, you know what happened :!:
Nick
3firedevil.gif
3firedevil.gif (14.12 KiB) Viewed 15680 times
:lol:

moses

Unread post by moses » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:51 pm

The schumann resonance is a fascinating subject. I did some googling to
find the latest stuff :
Warning - may be a bit deep for most.
http://soundhealing.tribe.net/thread/28 ... e36e996f2c
http://educate-yourself.org/mc/mctotalc ... ul02.shtml
Mo

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:30 am

The Schumann resonance is not increasing in frequency, and in fact already has multiple higher frequency spectral lines at the frequencies predicted by basic quantum physics. The fundamental frequency of 7.8 Hz being determined by the size of the Earth, the speed of light, and nothing else, with the higher frequency spectral lines in addition being determined by the size of Plank's constant....

None of which are changing.

The amplitude (i.e. intensity) of the Schumann resonance is, however, not constant, and appears to be extremely dependent upon tropical (and hence global) temperature. Indeed preliminary results seem to indicate that a mere one degree increase in temperature seems to be correlated with a doubling of the Schumann resonance.
Found that somewhere. Pretty much satisfies the question of a changing fundamental frequency mode of the Schumann Resonance. Looks like the named "entity" or concept, "Schumann Frequency" and its multiples, is a selected mainstream calculated value based on the speed of light and the radius (?) of the Earth. So unless the mainstream values for the speed of light (in vacuum, I assume) or size of the Earth is changing then the fundamental Schumann frequency is not changing. This is not to open the debate about the expanding Earth, just to show the mainstream derivation of the numbers. The frequencies themselves are observed or detected directly by measuring instruments (e.g. Construction And Deployment Of An ULF Receiver For The Study Of Schumann Resonance In Iowa). But, apparently, the set of frequencies selected out as significant ("Schumann Frequency/Resonance) are the ones based on the calculation of the fundamental and its multiples (harmonics). Unless I've misunderstood something.

As noted, the amplitude of the fundamental and corresponding harmonics is another matter and therein enters influences such as the sun, interplanetary conditions via the "solar wind," telluric currents, HAARP, etc. and whatever.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:33 am

From http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geology-1359 ... onance.htm
Topic: Geology

Expert: Dr Thomas Bell
Date: 12/14/2006
Subject: Schumann Resonance

Question
Dear Dr Bell,
I have been reading up on schumann resonance. My information comes mostly from the Internet. There are some websites which claim that while this naturally occurring wave in the earth's electromagnetic field has maintained an average frequency of 7.5 Hz, it has been steadily increasing over the past few decades. Is this true? If it is, what does it imply and how will it impact the biosphere?
I would be grateful for any information that you could provide me with to shed light on this issue.
Thanking You.

Amit Balani.

Answer
Amit,

Measurements of Schumann Rsonance (SR)have only been made for the last few decades. If there is a cyclic fluctuation in the frequency that is longer than a few decades, we cannot see it yet. There seems to be general agreement among earth scientists that SR is influenced by global temperature and solar activity.

If there is an impact on the biosphere, no scientists seem to have detected it.

Probably the most authoritative source of information on the web can be found here:

http://www.iihr.uiowa.edu/projects/schumann/Index.html
See also Variation of the Schumann resonance frequency Y. P. Maltsev Polar Geophysical Institute, Apatity, Russia

http://www.oa.uj.edu.pl/konferencje/200 ... zczady.pdf
Stability of the Schumann Resonance

The Schumann resonance frequency observed at this observatory does not exhibit any unusual change or drift since the start of observations by the BDSN* in 1995.

Figures 1 and 2 below, which show the daily averages of the first Earth-ionosphere cavity resonance frequency measured at the PKD station in Parkfield and at the Arrival Heights station in Artarctica, exhibit a typical natural variability < 0.3 Hz. This variability results from the solar short wave radiation, which ionises the atmosphere at 90-100 km height. (Figures by Dr. Martin Fullekrug.)

http://www.ncedc.org/ncedc/em.intro.html

*BDSN = Berkeley Digital Seismic Network

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:22 am

Arc-us, if I may 'quote' MGmirkin:

The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:43 am

StefanR wrote:Arc-us, if I may 'quote' MGmirkin:
Well, I think so, too ... maybe. ;)

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Perhaps this should be under the "Human Question" forum?
I'll take a little stab at this here [at the risk of being stabbed back]... first, I don't think the c-rate has much to do with it, unless someone wants to try to convince me that c is the speed of thought. There is however,IMHO, a distinct harmonic relationship between the creative human spirit, call it "thought", and the creative spirit of the universe, whom I think of as God. If one denies this as "acausal", I think you run the risk of acausality yourself. This is faith vs. faith, not faith and force vs. reason and science. Intelligent design is demonstrable scientifically, and cannot be attributed to planetary or plasmatic causes. I love the power of the electrical explanation for physical universal phenomena, but there is much more to the universe, and this forum, than can be explained by laws of plasma. "Thought": I don't care how much you want to tell me about the electrochemical interactions along neurons, chemical exchanges at synapses, bit storage capacity of the cerebral cortex, and finely tuned hormonal feedback mechanisms. You are describing for me a supersophisticated biological nanocomputer programmed to respond to internal and external stimuli both physical and nonphysical, far in advance of any machine within the capacity of human inventiveness. And looking at our beautiful EU, we see geometry that is inherent in sytems, not created by them.
As for the earth's resonance, SR as you will, everything in the EU rings with harmonious geometry at every scale. Temperature is an effect of vector density at [planetary or particle] surfaces; this vector density a direct result of the body's interaction with its [local] system field. So if temperature changes, it must be due to a [local] system change, governing and governed by the geometry of the field and changes occurring [plasmatic, gravitational, or electron-ic] at the centroid of the system. So solar flux and terrestrial temperature variations must directly impact the resonance of the earth [earth's surface]. I would suggest the relationship between degrees (C) and resonance is a great field for further research. I rather doubt but would be amazed at the exact correlation of a single degree change corresponding to a doubling of resonance, but doubling resonances is a theme in the solar system and galactic fields, so I would not be surprised at the finding of some doubling resonance relationship. Exiting now at the speed of thought...
:lol:
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm

I call it the speed of love....
:D
a little something I got from a Rush song lyrics by Neil Peart the drummer for Rush.
The Speed Of Love
Love is born with lightning bolts
Electro-magnetic force
Burning skin and fireworks
A storm on a raging course

Like a force of nature,
Love can fade with the stars at dawn
Sometimes it takes all your strength
Just to keep holding on
At the speed of love
A radiance that travels
At the speed of love
My heart goes out to you

Love is born with solar flares
From two magnetic poles
It moves towards a higher plane
Where two halves make two wholes

Like a force of nature,
Love shines in many forms
One night we are bathed in light
One day carried away in the storms
At the speed of love
Nothing changes faster
Than the speed of love
My heart goes out to you

We don't have to talk
We don't even have to touch
I can feel your prescence
In the silence that we share
Got to keep moving
At the speed of love
Nothing changes faster
Than the speed of love
Got to keep on shining
At the speed of love
Nothing changes faster
Than the speed of love
My heart goes out to you

listen to the audio youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utF0sE_fgB4
Nothing travels faster then the speed of love.
;)
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord