Earth - tectonics and geology

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

seasmith

Re: The end of the lines for Geology?

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:48 pm

~
mattEU wrote:
Could some of the geology actually be caused by the Earth discharging and not from a direct heavenly strike?
Matt,

Some nice descriptions and examples of Negative vs Positive discharge paths can be found at the sites of the folks who make the LED-lit acrylic figures. ( I have actually obtained a couple of them and they are pretty trippy)

http://www.store.tubeclock.com/index.ph ... enberg-faq
http://205.243.100.155/frames/lichtenbergs.html

s

MattEU

natural Negative Lichtenberg figures?

Unread post by MattEU » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Image Image
First image is possible "Negative Lichtenberg" pattern found on Grey rock near some Cart Ruts and the next image is similar pattern found on "Sophie"
The negative lichtenberg figure is something I think i have found on the special "Grey Rock" in Malta and only on the Grey Rock (so far).

This pattern appears on what i think are electrobleme rocks such as these lines and on Grey Rock near Cart Ruts.

The pattern is also found on SnakePlissken, here are a couple of images of the pattern seen along the line, image 1 and image 2

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Lloyd - thanks for the link, a lot to digest :)

MGmirkin - the "Grey Rock" I have called them is slightly misleading I realise, this unique grey is a covering or plating on these special rocks but is only a few mm thick. Underneath the grey layer it appears to be "normal" limestone. Grey Rocks don't appear to be like a Dike of different material.

I think it is a plating because this image looks like one part has been plated but then again it may have been transformed or the material inside has been transformed and extruded out.

The lines seem to melt into the ground or have been formed of the ground around it being drawn up (similar to Lichtenberg mountains?). Of course anything else could have happened to them...

I have thought about digging under the lines but there are a couple of spots where you can see into them. The mineral inside looks fairly normal white limestone. It does have "large" crystals for a limestone though.
I am also waiting until, somehow, I can get what I dig up analysed to see if/how different it is.

With the idea that these lines may not be something that happened ages ago, that they might still be "discharging" slowly or part of some sort of active exchange mechanism (the covering appears to show no signs of being eroded or breaking down) I am trying to find a way to take electrical measurements.

There is an interesting geological puzzle involving Malta that might be related to these and other lines. The islands are formed of 5 layers of limestone. The first and the last layers are identical in chemical composition AND fossils...

These Grey Rock lines are found at Pembroke, which is on the Eastern end of the Great Fault line that divides the island of Malta. This escarpment rises sharply out of the ground. Along the Great Fault line there are sections of the "oldest" limestone "exposed" as they say.

Along the fault line escarpment you can also find some larger lines that also look like discharge lines. At the other end is a stunning sandstone syncline.

ancientd

Unread post by ancientd » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm not sure where this thought fits but re discharging other than betweena celestial body or between clouds etc I often wondered about the connective discharge between volcanoes that was noticed when the last eruption in Rabaul New guinea occurred. Apparently observed were these two volcanoes throwing lightning bolts across the bay to each other. I believe this was a matter of some kilometers. But obviously they were within the earth and of different potentials. What was happening here and how do we explain this with EU theory ?

MattEU

Tavurvur and Vulcan cones - Rabaul caldera

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 am

1994 Eruption - Global Volcanism Network Bulletin

Tavurvur is an stratovolcano and Vulcan is a pumice cone in Papua New Guinea, sub vents of the Rabaul caldera.
New eruptions began on 19 September 1994...Following the pattern of the last two eruptive episodes (1878 and 1937-43), there were almost simultaneous outbursts on opposite sides of the caldera as the intra-caldera cones Tavurvur and Vulcan began erupting at 0605 and 0717, respectively.
The 2 cones start erupting together during each eruption event but both are different types of volcanos.
For most of the time in the preceeding few months, seismicity gave little or no warning of the coming eruptions. The normal (high-frequency) seismicity on the caldera ring-fault was at a low level. Some low-frequency events were recorded, but their origin and significance are not yet known.
Telluric Currents or the Piezoelectric effect?
Continuous explosions generated a Plinian eruption column that attained a height of about 20 km. The sounds of this activity were of dull thudding, quite a contrast to the sharp, loud reports of electrical discharges around the eruption column."

One person was killed by lightning.
:o
The eruptions were immediately preceded by 27 hours of vigorous and fluctuating seismicity, which was initiated by two caldera earthquakes... These earthquakes were located in the E part of the caldera seismic zone, near Tavurvur, at a depth of 1.2 km. ...Seismicity over the following four hours took place near Vulcan and showed a general decline....During the next
ten hours (0600-1600), earthquakes continued at a steady rate, still concentrated near Vulcan. From about 1600 on 18 September, seismicity increased and reached a peak at about 0200 on 19 September; at this time, earthquakes were felt every few minutes. Seismicity then showed a slow decrease. Earthquake epicentres were concentrated in the Vulcan area until about 0430, when the focus shifted to Tavurvur.
Piezoelectric effect...does the switching of the epicentres show a switch in the discharge point...that the Vulcan cone balanced itself out or some other electrical effect?

Rabaul Volcano 1937 eruption
Most of us stayed up to watch the satanic celebrations; the two volcanoes, on each side of the entrance, were throwing up a solid jet of red-hot dust and stones to a great height and the two columns appeared to meet somewhere over the town of Rabaul. The lightning was fantastic, some flashes bursting like bombs, others running horizontally, around the ascending columns, while forked lightning zig-zagged down to the surface of the sea.

During the eruption the roads were torn apart by cloudbursts and floods, as the drainage system had all been blocked.

The strangest thing we saw was a white mass coming over the edge of Vulcan's crater and tearing down the side in a parabolic curve like a Roman chariot in a cloud of dust. It met the sea in a cloud of hissing steam. Whether it was a sport of lave overflowing, or something else, I will never know, but there is still a deep groove down the mountainside today, with a small bay at the water's edge.
The 2 columns converge on each other, is this part of the circuit or discharge?

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:58 am

Matt,
The "larger crystal" limestone is probably the form referred to as dolomite... it forms when the lime mud is hardening under a higher heat condition.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Cheers, dolomite certainly is interesting, the high heat needed and the colour/mineral range, especially when iron is strangely found all over Malta in areas of suspect EU activity. I will have to get a geologist to have a look one day. This dolomite may be seen on other rocks around Malta and in this area, I will have another look.

A geologist type person suggested they could be silica fracture controlled alteration but I have not found a website that I can understand to follow that up. Does anyone know what it means or has a good site that explains it?

MattEU

Waffle Rock, USA and the Giants Causeway, Ireland

Unread post by MattEU » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:59 pm

If the rock line patterns found on Waffle Rock (previous post in this thread) are formed through or in an eletromagnetic field could we reproduce it in some form or see any examples on Earth?

This image was created using the same snowflake, mixing a few different snowflakes also gives an interesting pattern but may just be a nice doodle. Snowflakes are formed in an electrical field. You also get solid hexagonal snowflakes.

Could the Giants Causeway or the Devils Tower have been formed by a process similar to it or something totally different?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 pm

That pattern looks a lot like the pattern in the image I posted on the previous page of this thread.

michael.suede

Huge Chunk Of Beach Uplifts 20' For No Reason

Unread post by michael.suede » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Thought you all might find this interesting and good for some speculation.

I know many of us believe that a lot of the geologic formations we see are not a product of erosion or moving tectonic plates. This seems to provide proof of that.

http://www.homernews.com/stories/070809 ... _002.shtml

Like a giant fist punching through the earth, a 1,000-foot long section of the beach below Bluff Point rose up 20 feet from the tidelands sometime last Friday or late Thursday, pushing boulders up from the ocean bottom, cracking sandstone slabs and toppling rocks upside down...

"There was just beach before," said Ron Hess, who lives on Bluff Road above the new uplift. "Now there are tidal pools."

"You can see a rock circle," said Marilyn Hess. "All you used to see was one big rock, and now you can see this uplift of rock."

The fact they make direct references to circles and arcs in the formation leads me to believe this has an electrical origin.

ElecGeekMom

Re: Huge Chunk Of Beach Uplifts 20' For No Reason

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:31 am

Fascinating!

I wish they had an aerial before and after view of that uplift.

The article said people in the area thought it happened July 2 or 3. July 3 was when spaceweather.com logged the recent major sunspot. X-ray solar flares were at the A9 level on July 3, and the B7 level the next day.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm

* Must be somewhere around here, but I wouldn't suspect electrical forces at the surface:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... er,+Alaska&
sll=59.650915,-151.584133&sspn=0.040332,0.11673&ie=UTF8&ll=59.673288,-151.686559&spn=0.010618,0.029182&t=h&z=15

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Well this is a simple experiment that we laymen (and women!) can do:

Observation-

We have a huge uplift, 10 ft wide, 7 ft deep hole occuring right after a major sunspot;

Experiment-

We watch the news and see if we hear of any other similar activity around the globe, and attempt to see if it also correlates to any sunspot activity.

I suggest that we could attempt to check the interval between the occurence and the time of the sunspot, and see if any future occurences might have a similar interval time. This would help to stave off the 'coincidence' factor a bit.

How does that sound? :)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:06 am

That sounds good to me. :D

I have a question: Has anyone ever created a geode in a lab?

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:39 pm

I wonder if an electric arc furnace could be borrowed, to see if a geode could be constructed? ;)

One heck of an electric bill, I bet :!: :!: