Are the planets growing?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Florian

Re: A German video about the expanding earth may show EU effect

Unread post by Florian » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am

Komorikid wrote: One of the sticking point of the Expanding Earth theory according to its opponents is it doesn't explain why the earth just started to expand 250 mil years ago (the expansion of the sea floor can be tracked back in geologic time sequence to around 250 mil years ago). Why was the Earth not expanding in the billions of years before that. This could never be explained successfully. The best Carey could come up with is "it expanded very very slowly unto it just began to grow exponentially".
But orthodoxy has always assumed billions of years of slow geological change.
Hi,

I've been extensively working on the planetary growth theory for a couple of years by now. I can tell you that geological data prove that Earth as been growing during most of its life, i.e., during 4.5 billions years. It is possible that Earth has been growing episodically, though.
There is a PhD thesis dealing with this question here: http://tinyurl.com/kklg6y

You might also read a very recent discussion I had on the theory a few weeks ago at a geoscience blog to get more clues: http://tinyurl.com/ca9to3

Note that I'm new to this forum. From time to time, I'm looking for a possible source of energy to feed Earth's growth (and others planets/moons growth as well).
I must admit that the "electrical universe" seems to be the most promising track to follow.
--
Florian
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer.

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Florian:

Welcome aboard :)

I have studied Expanding Earth theory, too, not as in-depth as you have, I'm sure, but I actually researched it before studying Plasma Cosmology. Infact, I came upon Plasma Cosmology during a similar search for a "mechanism" to explain Earth's apparent expansion.

Florian states:
" From time to time, I'm looking for a possible source of energy to feed Earth's growth (and others planets/moons growth as well). I must admit that the "electrical universe" seems to be the most promising track to follow."
The piece of information that grabbed my attention and provided a solid lead, if not a full explanation, in my opinion, was this October 30, 2008, Science@NASA Headline News release: "Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth":
"During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page."
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/30oct_ftes.htm

Since that time, further research into Plasma Cosmology has only convinced me further that Plasma Cosmology is the key to Expanding Earth theory. It seems almost certain the Earth recieves a large amount of matter via electromagnetic processes, and while some is undoubtedly radiated back into space, as electrons and ions, it also seems likely that substantial amounts of matter are retained in the Earth's crust and shallow mantle (possibly the core as well, but that is a more difficult issue to pin down).

Florian, please read the following Thunderbolts.info forum thread (my comments start a little way into the thread) where I discuss and provide links to Dr. Anthony Peratt's work and other supporting citations, which I am convinced provides further evidence that electromagnetically charged matter conveyed from the Sun to the Earth by Birkeland currents orders of magnitude stronger than today provided not just the matter, but also the energy necessary for an expanding Earth (see link below):

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=4&t=1835

Where I stated:
"Actually, this idea that the Earth has an electromagnetic energy storage capacity (and discharge capacity) leads to all kinds of corollary manifestations, from more active volcanic activity and increased earthquakes, to increased formation of metalic ores (economic minerals) and increased formation of abiotic oil and even can lead to an expanding Earth.
Further:
"If a plasmoid cage existed around the Earth, it is also likely that a "plasmoid axis", the twisted braids, would exist inside the Earth where electrons and ions would come together for recombination and energy release.

This process would have focussed tremendous amouts of matter into the Earth from the Sun. In fact, the matter and energy to expand the Earth and energize the crustal volcanic activity of the Earth would be readily available. In turn, stimulating hydrogen and carbon formation (hydrocarbon formation) as well as supplying hydrogen ions that would become hydrogen atoms in the presence of free electrons."
Maybe, I am over confident in my assertions, but that is what discussion and dialogue is for and I welcome the opportunity to have other interested parties critique my ideas.

Florian, I would be most appreciative if you would review the material offered in the other thread and comment on it.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Anaconda,
It seems almost certain the Earth recieves a large amount of matter via electromagnetic processes, and while some is undoubtedly radiated back into space, as electrons and ions, it also seems likely that substantial amounts of matter are retained in the Earth's crust and shallow mantle (possibly the core as well, but that is a more difficult issue to pin down).
It seems to me, that matter raining down on the Earth, is not going to account for the details of the hypothesized expansion. I say this because it seems self evident that the matter would accumulate on the surface, burying the pre existing surface. Yet the demonstrations of the expansion of the globe and seperation of the continents show the continents moving apart on the surface in a manner that is analagous to the expanding surface of an inflating balloon. This would require the expansion, if it is caused by the accretion of matter, to come from the interior of the Earth, and I cannot figure out how that could happen. I don't know how matter could accrete at the core. Carey hypothesized some sort of matter creation in the core of the Earth, I find that unappealing.

Is the conservation of angular momentum a possibile avenue of investigation? If the rotation slowed down could there be expansion of the globe as an adjustment? This would not require any mass accretion. After all, in the EU knowledge of the composition, density, etc of the interiors of planets (and other celestial bodies) is not known with a great degree of certainty.
Just some food for thought.

nick c

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi nick c:

I appreciate your response, it is food for thought :)
nick c states:
"It seems to me, that matter raining down on the Earth, is not going to account for the details of the hypothesized expansion. I say this because it seems self evident that the matter would accumulate on the surface, burying the pre existing surface."
The additional matter is constituted primarily of energenic electrons and hydrogen ions (one protron) along with lesser amounts of heavier positive ions, these charged particles have the ability to penetrate into the crust of the Earth. Using Dr. Anthony Peratt's work as outlined on the other thread (Could the earth be warming up from the inside?) this would be part of a larger dynamic, the plasmoid, plasma cage. This dynamic would act as a energetic conduit for the charged particles.

The question you raise is a reasonable objection, but there is evidence that both electrons and ions have the ability to penetrate the crust. There seems little question that electrons can and do penetrate the Earth's surface and enter the interior crust and then follow electrically conductive conduits further into the depths of the Earth (lightning).

So, the outstanding issue remains the ability of the positive ions to penetrate the crust.

A possible analogy is the ability of cosmic rays (energetic ions) to penetrate the Earth's crust into the interior. Scientific observation & measurement has detected and recorded cosmic rays:
"Almost 90% of all the incoming cosmic ray particles are protons, about 9% are helium nuclei (alpha particles) and about 1% are electrons."

(See Wikipedia entry below.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ray

Cosmic rays have been detected underground:
"Cosmic-rays detected half a mile underground in a disused U.S. iron-mine can be used to detect major weather events occurring 20 miles up in the Earth’s upper atmosphere, a new study has revealed."
(see ScienceDaily link below)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 091228.htm

The difference between cosmic rays and charged particles from the Sun would seem to be only their origin of emission (cosmic rays from interstellar space), but not their atomic structure and potentially not their energetic nature.

An associate made this comment:
"Cosmic rays are charged particles in motion. Engineers call that electricity. Hence "Electricty Detected Inside the Earth".
It should be remembered that electrons and positive ions do not "just float down from above like dust on a shelf" to the surface of the Earth, but rather are individual ions and electrons that are part of a dynamic and energetic flow of electric current (Peratt's plasmoid, plasma cage. Electric current is known to flow within the Earth's crust through molten rock and minerals, but even through solid rocks and crystals, all metalic minerals have a crystal lattice that will support electron transport and apparently ion transport, as well.

There is additional support that ions can flow into the Earth's crust:

A scientific paper on positive electron holes (p-holes) (Warning PDF file) "Rocks That Crackle and Sparkle and Glow:
Strange Pre-Earthquake Phenomena"

http://www.scientificexploration.org/jo ... freund.pdf

And a paper on accumulation of matter and growth in the Earth (warning PDF file) "An Integrated Alternative Conceptual Framework to Heat Engine Earth, Plate Tectonics, and Elastic Rebound"

http://www.scientificexploration.org/jo ... tassos.pdf

An interesting phenomenon is known as the Plasma Fountain per Wikipedia:
"Plasma Fountain is in the North Pole of the Earth. This figure depicts the oxygen, helium, and hydrogen ions that gush into space from regions near the Earth's poles. The faint yellow gas shown above the north pole represents gas lost from Earth into space; the green gas is the aurora borealis-or plasma energy pouring back into the atmosphere."
(See Wikipedia link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_fountain

Also, available is a schematic (see link below):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... untain.gif

What is the significance of the the Plasma Fountain?

Well, if plasma can be emitted by the Earth then I see no logical reason why the Earth can't also absorb plasma into the interior.

As I stated in the other thread:
"A recurrent plasmoid cage and the twisted braids inside the cage are known to form. If a plasmoid cage existed around the Earth, it is also likely that a "plasmoid axis", the twisted braids, would exist inside the Earth where electrons and ions would come together for recombination and energy release."
These "twisted braids" would act as a conductive and forcing conduit for the electrons and ions flowing from the Sun to the Earth. The magnetic fields around the twisted Birkeland currents acting as guiding conduits within the Earths crust (think telluric currents).

Please review schematic of plasmoid:

http://www.holoscience.com/news/img/Gal ... asmoid.jpg
nick c states:
"in the EU knowledge of the composition, density, etc of the interiors of planets (and other celestial bodies) is not known with a great degree of certainty."
I agree, there is not near as much certainty about interior composition of planets as geologists and astrophysicists contend.
nick c states:
"Is the conservation of angular momentum a possibile avenue of investigation?"
Yes, it's a possibility.

Another possible avenue that has nothing to do with Plasma Cosmology is that when certain minerals react with each other to form new compounds, the compounds take up more volume than the original reactants.

I hope I have been able to address your concerns.

I realize that the "official" line from some people in the Electric Universe community is that Expanding Earth theory is invalid. I've read their arguments. I did not find them compelling (principally a line of TPOD articles where the best scientific evidence supporting Expanding Earth theory was never raised or addressed).

It's seems that there is an area of overlapping evidence, namely "cracks" that each camp claims as their own for each of their respective theories.

Electric Universe claims the "cracks" or cosmic scars as evidence of EDM (Electric Discharge Maching) and Expanding Earth theory claims these same 'cracks" as evidence of expansion joints.

This conflict is regrettable because I find the two theories complimentary, not in conflict.

I see the world as I find the scientific evidence and it is provided to me and draw my own independent conclusions accordingly: I don't see the world as one or another "camp" would dictate.

If possible cooperation and collaberation are the best possible avenue for advancing scientific knowledge.

nick, I appreciate your raising questions as it makes me think and marshall the scientific evidence supporting my position. And just perhaps it might persuade open-minded folks to investigate the evidence on their own and draw similar conclusions :)

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Anaconda wrote: Welcome aboard :)
Thanx. Sorry for the late answer, but I had to digest some stuff ;)
Anaconda wrote: I have studied Expanding Earth theory, too, not as in-depth as you have, I'm sure, but I actually researched it before studying Plasma Cosmology. Infact, I came upon Plasma Cosmology during a similar search for a "mechanism" to explain Earth's apparent expansion.
A sidenote. Earth is not he not the sole planet/moon to "grow". Most planets and moons are experiencing a very significant growth. It might be more obvious for some moons. Google some images of Ganymede, Miranda, Ariel, Europa, Enceladus for good examples.

Anaconda wrote: The piece of information that grabbed my attention and provided a solid lead, if not a full explanation, in my opinion, was this October 30, 2008, Science@NASA Headline News release: "Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth"
"During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page."
Yes, I read that paper as well.

I wonder if that would be enough, though. Because the amount of matter required to sustain the current growth is amazing. For example, assuming as a first order approximation, that the current growth of Earth's surface translates mostly into oceanic expansion, we can calculate using the paleomagnetic isochrons (see my google earth files there: http://nachon.free.fr/GE/Welcome.html) that the current surface growth rate is about 3 km2 per year, on average during the last millions years. That represents a radius growth about 2 cm/year on average. At this point, I must stress that it does not mean that Earth is growing by 2 cm each year, as it is simply an average over millions years. Some period might be more active than others, plus the growth is clearly asymmetric... Anyway, assuming a constant density (about 5.5), a 2-cm growth corresponds roughly to 1.8 millions metric tons of matter per second (!): 4/3*pi*(64000000.2^3-64000000^3)*5.5/1000/(365.35*24*3600)=1.8x10E6 ton/s
I remind you that the total mass of Earth is about 6x10E21 metric tons.

Maybe, I am over confident in my assertions, but that is what discussion and dialogue is for and I welcome the opportunity to have other interested parties critique my ideas.
Here, we dramatically miss some quantitative studies. For example, how much energy/matter can be transported by Birkeland currents from the Sun to Earth?
--
Florian
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer.

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi Nick,
nick c wrote:It seems to me, that matter raining down on the Earth, is not going to account for the details of the hypothesized expansion. I say this because it seems self evident that the matter would accumulate on the surface, burying the pre existing surface. Yet the demonstrations of the expansion of the globe and seperation of the continents show the continents moving apart on the surface in a manner that is analagous to the expanding surface of an inflating balloon. This would require the expansion, if it is caused by the accretion of matter, to come from the interior of the Earth, and I cannot figure out how that could happen. I don't know how matter could accrete at the core. Carey hypothesized some sort of matter creation in the core of the Earth, I find that unappealing.
We must rely on observations. Geological observations tell us that the whole tectonics can be explained by the redistribution of mass from deep below toward the surface (one way convection, or surfaceward advection if you prefer). It implies that the accumulation of matter must happen somewhere inside Earth, eventually in the external liquid core.

Is the conservation of angular momentum a possible avenue of investigation?
No, it can't be. Simply because any calculations of the palaerotation rate of Earth (e.g. based on tidalites) depends on the assumption that the orbital period of Earth remained constant over geological ages (8766 hours). But that assumption must be rejected, because we can't assume that the matter accumulating in Earth has zero momentum, and we cannot assume either that the mass of the Sun remained constant over geological ages.
--
Florian

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Anaconda wrote: Another possible avenue that has nothing to do with Plasma Cosmology is that when certain minerals react with each other to form new compounds, the compounds take up more volume than the original reactants.
Anaconda, there is a simple argument suggesting that the growth in volume likely results from a growth in mass.

We can estimate that Earth's radius was about 60% of current radius or 4000 km, at the end of the jurassic, about 150 millions years ago. If mass remained constant (6E24 kg), then the surface gravity was 6E24*G/4000000^2=25 m/s2 at that time.
There is no way that gigantic sauropods could sustain such a large surface gravity. On the contrary, biomechanics suggest that a lesser surface gravity would be benefical.

I agree with the remaining part of your message: the two theories look compatible.
--
Florian

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 am

Florian wrote:There is no way that gigantic sauropods could sustain such a large surface gravity. On the contrary, biomechanics suggest that a lesser surface gravity would be benefical.
I would be very interested where I could find the information about that, could you provide links perhaps?
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:39 am

StefanR wrote: I would be very interested where I could find the information about that, could you provide links perhaps?
Here is a review about dinosaur biomechanics written by Alexander:

http://nachon.free.fr/2006-Alexander-Re ... hanics.pdf

Problems related to large size bodies are discussed.
--
Florian

Anaconda

Unread post by Anaconda » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Florian:

I appreciate your digesting and getting back to me.

You make a good case that there isn't enough matter coming to the Earth from the Sun via electrical Birkeland currents and the solar wind to account for the apparent expansion of the Earth, but you comment,
"the two theories look compatible."
Would you care to expand on that idea?

I'm actually pretty conservative when it comes to my science, I have a tough time buying into "something from nothing" arguments (one reason among many why I reject the so-called "big bang", and so-called "black holes" never facinated me).

If you don't have an addition of matter from somewhere, you are left with, "matter can be created".

I'll always be sceptical of that idea unless you provide solid scientific evidence to the contrary.

(By the way, there are so many lines of scientfic evidence and reasoning for an expanding Earth that it constitutes an overwhelming body of evidence in my opinion.)

Florian, I agree with the implication of your link on dinosaur mechanics: The Earth had a smaller diameter with less matter, so gravity was less, thus dinosaurs could act with rapidity.

Those who are members of this forum and believe, "all the ocean basins are a product of electrical discharge machining (EDM), how would any sizable life-forms live through that? And why is it that the continents fit together like a hand-in-glove on a smaller diameter Earth?

Anyway, while the evidence for an expanding Earth is substantial, resorting to matter created from ether or some other such mechanism leaves me sceptical and reasonably so in my opinion.

My mechanism doesn't rely on creating "something from nothing", but actually has an explanable chain of causation.

Florian, and others, I suspect that the electrons and ions coming to the Earth from the Sun is much greater than currently thought and during periods of intense auroral activity, magnitude inceases in energy and matter coming from the Sun to the Earth is far larger than that.

That this electrical matter and energy only gradually gets expressed in terms of an increase in the amount of neutral matter and an expanded Earth would not be too surprising (although, I acknowledge, it would seem like a lot of mattter to account for the observed expansion).

I know there a number of members of this forum who do subscribe to ether or do subscribe to processes that seemingly produce matter from not an all too apparent source (this forum's members are in no way monolithic in their subscriptions and convictions to various scientific ideas).

Florian, I would like to hear what your best ideas are in terms of the "mechanism" for Earth expansion, whatever those ideas imight be
Last edited by Anaconda on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:06 pm

* There's nothing of interest in Alexander's review, is there? I skimmed through it a bit and only found conventional dogma. Ted Holden has stuff at http://bearfabrique.org that gets down to reality. Try http://www.bearfabrique.org/Catastrophi ... anims.html especially. Also http://www.bearfabrique.org/Catastrophi ... opods.html . Dinosaurs lived in attenuated gravity on Earth.

moses

Unread post by moses » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Those who are members of this forum and believe, "all the ocean basins are a product of electrical discharge machining (EDM), how would any sizable life-forms live through that? And why is it that the continents fit together like a hand-in-glove on a smaller diameter Earth?
Anaconda

Consider the Atlantic Ocean. A Birkeland current travelling N-S and
twisting as such currents do, would produce about the same width
channel in a S shape. And this is why the west coast of Africa fits
into the East coast of the Americas. Because the Birkeland current
went only over the oceans, some creatures on perhaps the higher
ground on the continents could have survived the incoming rocks/mud.
Mo

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Here is a drive-by post. I'm in the middle of a movie marathon. ABC had the mini series _Impact_ the past two Sundays, so that made me pull out all my disaster movies.

I've got the Ted Holden book, _Dinosaurs, Gravity, and Changing Scientific Paradigms_. It is still in print and available from Amazon. The book expands on the links Lloyd gave.

Then _Terra non Firma Earth_, by Dr. James Maxlow, is best bought direct from his website. Maxlow has taken the expanding Earth back to where the physical data gets murky and the planet was smaller than the Moon.

http://www.jamesmaxlow.com/main/

He also has the complete YouTube video series on his Expanding Earth lecture given at the NEXUS 2005 conference conference where Thornhill also spoke.

Then check the James Maxlow Video Clips at the Growing Earth Consortium.

When you look at what makes the Earth grow, don't think in terms of creating "matter from nothing". Think of it as just one more example of the transmutation that is happening all around us, all the time.

I think that the expansion is probably driven by the transmutation of existing matter--from the aether on up--all powered by the electricity flowing in from the outside. Realize that neutrinos = aether, and the electricity pouring in from space starts building protons from there.

The Earth is a hollow geode where most of the transmuted matter is generated in the hollow core. The Earth is probably filled with liquid hydrogen, which is why Earth has atmosphere and is wet. The Moon's core is probably low in hydrogen which is why it is dry. Venus is still hot and glowing from expanding during the Saturn Event. Which is why it's my opinion that the Saturn Event is impossible to explain without GET as an active component, but that's just me and my whacky ideas.

The material in the crust is constantly undergoing transmutation, building more complex compounds and larger atoms. The way most ore bearing rocks, and things like gas and oil fields, are found in nature can only be explained by transmutation.

- Gold and silver ore has too many diverse associated isotopes and compounds to have formed by any other process.

- Helium coming out of gas wells is impossible unless it was newly made in the crust.

Check out the discussion in the older threads for more info about transmutation.

Recovered: Transmutation on Stars, Planets etc

Mummified Dinosaurs / electric fossilization...?

Keep in mind that:

Electricity drives the transmutation which drives the growth.

But that of course is just me having fun with the concepts.

BTW: I'm still looking for cover art.

I spotted _Biogeography in a Changing World_ at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Biogeography-Chan ... 433&sr=1-4

The cover art is awesome for Growing/Expanding Earth but I don't think the book has anything to do with GET.

Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074254 ... _itm_img_1

I love the cover art of this book and am still trying to track it down.

Now I'm off to watch _Perfect Storm_, then _The Day After Tomorrow_, zoooooommmm.

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Anaconda wrote: You make a good case that there isn't enough matter coming to the Earth from the Sun via electrical Birkeland currents and the solar wind to account for the apparent expansion of the Earth
Actually, I really don't know if there is enough matter/energy coming in via Birkeland currents. We would need a quantification over long period of time to figure it out. That's the point.
Anaconda wrote:I'm actually pretty conservative when it comes to my science, I have a tough time buying into "something from nothing" arguments (one reason among many why I reject the so-called "big bang", and so-called "black holes" never facinated me).
Well, you don't have to buy into something in Science. We follow a model that we know is not perfect. As long as the model manage to explain a lot of stuff and there are no other models doing better, that's alright regardless of the existence of refuting examples. In that sense, Karl Popper is wrong.
Anaconda wrote:Those who are members of this forum and believe, "all the ocean basins are a product of electrical discharge machining (EDM), how would any sizable life-forms live through that? And why is it that the continents fit together like a hand-in-glove on a smaller diameter Earth?
They do not exactly fit, especially around the pacific, because the continent margins have been active and reshaped.
Anaconda wrote: Anyway, while the evidence for an expanding Earth is substantial, resorting to matter created from ether or some other such mechanism leaves me sceptical and reasonably so in my opinion.
This is a big epistemological mistake to believe that a mechanism is required. And considering the lack of clues, the most reasonable attitude is to recognize that we simply don't know how it works. Multiple lines of evidence allows us to conclude that it does happen, that matter is accumulating somehow inside earth, and other planets/moons. But that's it. The rest is pure speculation.
--
Florian

Florian

Unread post by Florian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:04 pm

moses wrote: Consider the Atlantic Ocean. A Birkeland current travelling N-S and
twisting as such currents do, would produce about the same width
channel in a S shape. And this is why the west coast of Africa fits
into the East coast of the Americas. Because the Birkeland current
went only over the oceans, some creatures on perhaps the higher
ground on the continents could have survived the incoming rocks/mud.
Mo
The Atlantic ocean forms by seafloor spreading, this is largely demonstrated by paleomagnetic data and many other line of evidence. What you propose is a step back 50 years ago.
--
Florian