Electric rain, snow, hail ....

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

webolife

Re: Sky Pillars

Unread post by webolife » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 pm

I don't buy volantis and abguy's description. It is wishful at best.
First of all, let me remark that all atmospheric ice crystal formation is electrical in nature, so I'm not discounting an essential electrical connection. Water is an electrically polarized molecule, and this is fundamental to the hexagonal organization of ice crystals. However these crystals in the photos are slowly falling and spinning, evidenced by the mixture of the spectral rays from each crystal to form a white "pillar". In other atmospheric halo phenomena the shape of the crystal disks, and resulting different orientation as the crystals fall, allows a full spectrum of colors to be displayed. If the crystals were not spinning, which is a result of their falling/tumbling throgh the air, the pillars would show up as a spectral array, blue colors closer to the direct angle/line of sight, and red colors further away, or at a greater angle of reflection. The optics of most atmospheric halos are well understood, so this is not really a controversial subject, although fascinating.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Steve Smith

Re: Sky Pillars

Unread post by Steve Smith » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 am

I agree with Web.

This is an image of a light pillar from car headlights in blowing winds. There would be no way for the electrical alignments to maintain their orientation in the chaotic environment of wind. Rather, the randomly spinning crystals act to diffuse the light according to their crystalline matrix. Some refract light at 22 degrees, some at other angles.

http://www.ursa.fi/~riikonen/Rovaniemi/images/0400.jpg

Here again is an image of a light pillar forming in blowing "diamond dust" ice crystals.

http://www.ursa.fi/blogit/media/blogs/h ... re-105.jpg

SS

Lloyd

Re: Red rain?

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 am

This article has some better images: http://marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence ... ganism.htm

mharratsc

Re: Red rain?

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 pm

From the Wikia article:

"Both samples (from rainwater and from trees) produced the same kind of algae, indicating that the spores seen in the rainwater could most probably have come from local sources."

So unless the spores shot into space, climbed on a comet or meteor and came back again...
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

MihaPuc

Hailstones

Unread post by MihaPuc » Tue May 26, 2009 2:37 am

On 26th of may we had another hailstorm and here's a picture taken by someone:
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2009/05 ... a_show.jpg

It's difficult to imagine how hailstones of such size and shape could be formed by pure thermodynamic processes in a cloud. Another interesting feature besides size and shape is the hailstones are made of smaller (half inch) grains frozen together.

Does anyone have a viable electric explanation? I was thinking of Z-pinch with a small enough current density so that the ice doesn't melt and evaporate.

Miha Puc

MattEU

Re: Hailstones

Unread post by MattEU » Thu May 28, 2009 11:26 am

From what I have managed to find on the subject I think the EM forces in the clouds reduces the local temperature, thats why you can get hail storms when it does not appear to be that cold. Of course it may be colder up there but you can still get rain before and afterwards.

Never thought in detail about the actual physical process of how they are formed. The ones in the photo seem to have some resemblence to "concretions". If everything is scalable...

It is interesting that they were made of large lumps of ice, it would suggest they were "stuck" or pinched together.

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am

Interesting that the bottom 2 hailstones are torus like in shape.

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 am

Can you remember or find out the conditions before, during and after the creations of these torus hailstones? Any EU activity as in lightning, thunderstorms etc?

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Sun May 31, 2009 9:14 pm

The equitorial ridges sort of resemble the equitorial ridge on Iapetus. See Thunderbolts Archives for April 18, 2005. :!:

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Osmosis wrote:The equitorial ridges sort of resemble the equitorial ridge on Iapetus. See Thunderbolts Archives for April 18, 2005.
[url2=http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/ ... apetus.htm]Equatorial Ridge of Iapetus[/url2]

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm

"... they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword." -- Joshua 10:11
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 pm

* Velikovsky argued that the biblical hailstones mentioned in Joshua were actually meteorites.
* Hailstones do resemble concretions or geodes. Some look like the outer view; some look like the inner view of crystals.
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Lloyd wrote:* Velikovsky argued that the biblical hailstones mentioned in Joshua were actually meteorites.
Who was the idiot that argued against him?

"...the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died..." -- Joshua, 10:11

"Behold, I will send a blast on him..." -- II Kings 19:7

"...and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit." -- Revelation 9:1-2
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

MihaPuc

Unread post by MihaPuc » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 am

MattEU wrote:Can you remember or find out the conditions before, during and after the creations of these torus hailstones? Any EU activity as in lightning, thunderstorms etc?
It was larger then average thunderstorm with lightning but nothing special. Where I live the hailstones were the size of a chestnut. The picture is not mine and the stones of that size fell about 10 km from where I live.

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 am

We had a hailstorm a week ago, when I was trying to get on the road for an all-day drive.

The hailstones I saw (and picked up) were torus-like. Odd. I don't remember ever seeing them shaped like that before--except for the photo earlier in this thread.

The storm that made them was not particularly large, but it got extraordinarily dark. It was not even the windiest straight-line storm I've ever seen.

The stone we carried around for a while was torus-shaped and about the size of a chestnut, but while I was watching radar on TV and listening to reports from storm chasers, one said that a softball-size hailstone broke the windshield of his truck just as he was going on the air with the TV station.

Many windows were broken in cars and buildings during that storm, even though it wasn't very large or long-lasting. There was a report of a hailstone breaking through a double-pane window with a screen.