Electric Volcanoes

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Re: Bright light over Llaima Volcano, Chile

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

rduke wrote:Notice the cloud ring?

Hadn't seen t hose before, but they do seem rather interesting, now that you mention it. :) Wonder what causes those? ;)

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 pm

I swear I see a circular 'footprint' matching, and just to the right of, that cloud ring in the brighter area near the center of the auroral sheet! :shock:

Kind of reminds me of the electric 'footprint' of Io on Jupiter's polar ring.
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

solrey

Unread post by solrey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:41 pm

I also see a zig-zag pattern extending to the right of the circular cloud. Reminds me of a...lightning bolt.

I think there is a lot of good stuff to be gleaned from that image.
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

First, with regard to the donut shaped objects in the NASA photos and videos...
rduke wrote:Well these "objects" are fairly large...
To me it is a plasma event...
Yes, these images fit the description of plasmoids.
A plasmoid is a coherent structure of plasma and magnetic fields. Plasmoids have been proposed to explain natural phenomena such as ball lightning,[2] magnetic bubbles in the magnetosphere,[3] and objects in cometary tails,[4] in the solar wind,[5][6] in the solar atmosphere,[7] and in the heliospheric current sheet. Plasmoids produced in the laboratory include field-reversed configurations, spheromaks, and the dense plasma focus

http://www.plasma-universe.com/index.php/Plasmoid
and from the same link, Bostick is quoted:
Winston H. Bostick wrote:The plasma is emitted not as an amorphous blob, but in the form of a torus. We shall take the liberty of calling this toroidal structure a plasmoid, a word which means plasma-magnetic entity. The word plasmoid will be employed as a generic term for all plasma-magnetic entities.
highlight added
Bostick's original article:
[url2=http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-b ... 22c9c11925]What laboratory-produced plasma structures can contribute to the understanding of cosmic structures both large and small[/url2]

And second, with regard to the original post, showing the bright light over the volcano...I don't know? Probably need more info, like the circumstances of the photo.
1) Did the photographer (and maybe others) see the lights over the volcano and then grab a camera and photograph it?
or
2) Was the light first discovered in the photo? i.e...was a photo of the volcano taken and then after the fact the light was noticed in the image?
if #1 then we can rule out rear view mirror (and such) reflections or lens flare, if #2 then reflections or lens flare seems likely
3) Did people on the other side of the volcano see the light?
4) Hoax, intentional deception by the photographer?
5) Is there any accompanying eyewitness description of the appearance or behavior of the lights? did they move, blink, glow, fade, etc?

nick c

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:52 pm

solrey wrote:I swear I see a circular 'footprint' matching, and just to the right of, that cloud ring in the brighter area near the center of the auroral sheet! :shock:

Kind of reminds me of the electric 'footprint' of Io on Jupiter's polar ring.

Wow I see that as well .. reminds me of the same exact thing!!

Very cool...

--------

Thank you very much NickC!

I just watched a video regarding these space phenomena - They tried to paint it as Aliens... I of course rolled my eyes and wanted to discuss my initial gut feelings here with some of the smartest people in the world.

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:57 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
rduke wrote:Notice the cloud ring?

Hadn't seen t hose before, but they do seem rather interesting, now that you mention it. :) Wonder what causes those? ;)

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin

ALIENS using Black Hole Guns...

Troof is out there!! :ugeek:

:D

Sandra Rodriguez

Unread post by Sandra Rodriguez » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 pm

[color=#004080]Formations of similar shape as those you have mentioned appear in Planetophysical Function Of Vacuum Domains, Alexey Dmitriev’s essay (together with Dyatlov and Tetenov). Part 2, Picture 1. http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/planetary/pfvd.html

They explain a VD as “a local modification where the electrodynamics and the gravidynamics are coupled; whereas outside VD there is no such coupling at all”.

“Vacuum domains in the model possess a set of specific features which include penetration through any kind of matter, where the VD's introduce the electric, magnetic, gravitational, spin fields and the distributed angular momentum. Inside the VDs penetrating gravispin waves (gravitons) are transformed into the electromagnetic waves (photons).”

“To all the Earth shells from magnetosphere to mantle the VDs bring electric circuits and discharges, magnetic variations and pulses, mechanical stresses and changes in the velocity and intensity of chemical reactions in atmosphere, heliosphere and lithosphere: all these phenomena being unexplainable by classic theories. “

“VDs are localized in lithosphere in the conductive and elastic media, where they may produce pulsed heat release (such as contact heat explosions forming kimberlite pipes) and produce enormous torsion stress affecting the nature of tectonophysical processes and the seismic regime of the Earth.”

“VDs are identified with manifold natural self-luminous objects of different kinds, such as ball lightnings, plasmoids, poltergeist, tornadoes, ‘angels’, ‘small comets or atmospheric holes’, ionosphere and atmospheric explosions, lithosphere explosion tubes, ‘sprites’, the glows connected with the earthquakes and the volcanic eruptions. “[/color]

Attachments
Largescale NSLF above the Katun' mountain ridge.
Largescale NSLF above the Katun' mountain ridge.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Sorry to disappoint the rampant electric discharge theorists in previous posts, but that photo of the alleged "cloud ring" shown with the beautiful auroral display in the background is a famous old space photo of the Manacougan Crater in Ontario.
Much can be learned from the photo, yes, but I'm afraid most of your recent speculations miss the obvious reality mark.
Of course there is much to be seen in this pic regarding the plasmic nature of the aurora borealis. I especially love the spiraling stream below the center of this display.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Not disappointed in that picture being Manicouagan --

I was actually looking for a picture of the Southern Hemisphere aurora with another ring in it, that I recall as well.. I jumped the gun on the pic .. my fault..

Thanks for correcting it..

Although I would like to witness some of this "reality" you are talking about.

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:09 am

John Silver wrote:Actually, the photo is exposed from inside the car and it is the flash reflected in the window.
Typical for many "UFO" photos.
In which case, why would someone try to photo it?
If it's the flash of the camera, there would have been nothing visible to want to photograph in the first place - ergo it cannot be.
The light had to be there before the shot was taken.
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 am

webolife wrote:Sorry to disappoint the rampant electric discharge theorists in previous posts, but that photo of the alleged "cloud ring" shown with the beautiful auroral display in the background is a famous old space photo of the Manacougan Crater in Ontario.
hi web,
My post on plasmoids was not made in reference to the alleged "cloud ring" and aurora photo, but rather to the NASA space tether experiment and the donut shaped objects that appeared on the linked video.

And speaking of the donut shaped objects in the NASA space tether images, there is (possibly) another more mundane explanation which should be the first considered and ruled out. The objects could be "out of focus" particles close to the camera lens. I don't know if NASA was using a catadioptric system on the camera or if this is the explanation.
Finally, their most salient characteristic is the annular shape of defocused areas of the image, giving a doughnut-shaped 'iris blur'or bokeh, caused by the shape of the entrance pupil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catadioptric
highlight added

[url2=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Catad ... lights.jpg]Out of focus image in a catadioptric system[/url2]
A catadioptric camera system uses a combination of mirrors and lenses, but of note is that it has a central obstruction (secondary mirror) which gives a donut appearance to an out of focus object.
A regular camera lens, using only lenses, will give an out of focus image as a solid circle or hexagon.
If the donut moved behind the sharply focused tether, it could be more difficult to explain. Unless the sharply focused tether was close to the camera and the donut represented an out of focus object farther away and beyond the [url2=http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... -field.htm]depth of field [/url2]of the camera lens.
Is this another possibile explanation for the NASA tether images? Do they use catadioptric optical systems?

nick c

saturnine

Unread post by saturnine » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:17 pm

neilwilkes wrote:
John Silver wrote:Actually, the photo is exposed from inside the car and it is the flash reflected in the window.
Typical for many "UFO" photos.
In which case, why would someone try to photo it?
If it's the flash of the camera, there would have been nothing visible to want to photograph in the first place - ergo it cannot be.
The light had to be there before the shot was taken.
It looks more like he was taking a picture of the volcano and surrounding landscape.

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:19 pm

That reminds me- I've been following the work of a company (the name escapes me and I don't have a link to their website on this computer) that has been experimenting with open air fusion. They create a torus of plasma and fire it via focused magnetic fields. Their idea is to fire two torus at each other, and in some fashion the annihilation generates power (there is a reactor and fuel, however this is not a 'contained' nor sustained reaction,and it occurs at one atmosphere of pressure).

Anyway, this idea spawned from this one gentleman's research into naturally occurring, self-contained plasma phenomena called 'ball lightning. I bring this up due to how the gentleman, using a very high speed camera, determined via a lab experiment that the effect known as ball lightning is actually a plasma torus spinning like a topand maintaining it's integrity via it's particular charge and the magnetic field it was self-generating at one atmosphere of pressure. Apparently ball lightning only appears to be a ball due to it's high rotational speed.

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not involved with the research in any way and cannot vouch for it's veracity. I bring this up solely for the thought: "Could the video artifacts seen in some of these images be due to the cameras in question not being able to discern a spinning torus of plasma any better than the naked human eye?

Something to think about, perhaps.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Hey, found the link I was looking for:

[url2=http://www.electronpowersystems.com/Ima ... lained.pdf]Ball Lightning Explained as a Stable Plasma Toroid[/url2]

Good stuff.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Good point Nick. Another possibility is the nature of the light field surrounding the out-of-focus objects,
independent of the pupil shape. I have observed a curiosity over most of my life that out-of-focus light sources [eg bright reflection "disks"] are characterized by a steady pattern of light and dark spots that differs from source to source, not dependent on my on retina, pupil or lens. The poor technology used in filming that "debris" is not helpful to us here, I think.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.