Rogue Planets - Nemesis, Planet X, Tyche ....

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mnemeth1

Rogue Planets - Nemesis, Planet X, Tyche ....

Unread post by mnemeth1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:18 am

I made this video to highlight a weird object I found along the plane of the solar system using WWT.

It looks like a brown dwarf to me, but I'm not sure.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpH3FqdZdw
Last edited by nick c on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread title changed to accomodate mergerd posts

mnemeth1

Re: Planet X - Brown Dwarf?

Unread post by mnemeth1 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:51 pm

never mind, it was actually CW Leonis - very interesting object.

Supposedly a giant red star with a "carbon" cloud around it.

They detected a large amount of water in its atmosphere - condusive to life?

I remember one of the plasma cosmlogists talking about how a planet orbiting inside a giant reds plasma cocoon would be the perfect place for life to form.

seasmith

NASA shades of Tiamat (Sitchin)

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:44 pm

"The name of the planet is Theia," says Mike Kaiser, STEREO project scientist at the Goddard Space Flight Center.
The "Theia hypothesis" is a brainchild of Princeton theorists Edward Belbruno and Richard Gott. It starts with the popular Great Impact theory of the Moon's origin.
It's a good theory, but it leaves one awkward question unanswered: Where did the enormous protoplanet come from?
Belbruno and Gott believe it came from a Sun-Earth Lagrange point.
Sun-Earth Lagrange points. The STEREO probes are about to pass through L4 and L5. Solar observatories often park themselves at L1 while deep space observatories prefer L2.

nick c
Site Admin

Re: NASA shades of Tiamat (Sitchin)

Unread post by nick c » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm

hello seasmith,
Do you have a link for that?
It starts with the popular Great Impact theory of the Moon's origin.
Seems to me, that they are not off to a very good start :?:

nick c

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:05 pm

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:52 pm

You know, guys... I cannot fathom how you can maintain your composure when you read articles like this.

All of the plasma physicists & engineers, showing scientifically how this stuff can and probably did happen- by contrast to dubious after fantastic after ludicrous theory gets funding for research.

I've only been following EU articles for a couple of months and they're already starting to make me grit my teeth >.<

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:50 pm

~
mharratsc,

Lo siento, my friend, but did i miss a consensus conclusion as to the origin of our moon
on this forum ?
But seriously, how did it get there?

Cheers,
s

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Well as I said- I'm new here, so I'm not the wisest head on the topic.

However, differential in potentials between massive bodies should equalize at contact of the plasma sheaths. Long range attraction initially but then short range repulsion will kick in, presumably kicking up a helluva lot of material but essentially preventing collision. After charges all but equalize, then orbital distances will be achieved. This part I'm a little fuzzy on, but I *think* it will be determined by mass. If it's anything like the rings of Saturn sorting themselves out into their particular rings of like particles.

Most likely the moon, just like the planets, were expelled by a larger gas giant when electrical input to the planet caused it to fission and thence expel a portion of its matter to create a greater surface area to handle the current it was accepting. That's a poor rendition of Wal Thornhill's explanation, I'll confess.

I will not play The Hypocrite, however, and say that no other theory could possibly be correct, nor that the Electric Sun/EU/Catastrophist models of planetary/lunar creation are proven beyondthe shadow of a doubt...

... but what irks me is that even though plasma physics lends great credence to the proposals of the EU theorists NASA continues to turn a blind eye to them even in the face of confirmatory discoveries!!

It's all well and good to test theories, but test ALL of them! And for cryin out loud start with the more logical ones!

That was the point I was trying to make.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

tholden

Search on for Nemesis

Unread post by tholden » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 am

This could conceivably turn out to be real...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... omets.html

FR discussion:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... page=40#40
A major clue to Nemesis's existence is a mysterious dwarf planet called Sedna that was spotted on an elongated 12,000-year-long orbit around the sun.

Mike Brown, who discovered Sedna in 2003, said: "Sedna is a very odd object – it shouldn't be there! It never comes anywhere close to any of the giant planets or the sun. It's way, way out there on this incredibly eccentric orbit.

The only way to get on an eccentric orbit is to have some giant body kick you – so what is out there?"

StevenJay

Re: Search on for Nemesis

Unread post by StevenJay » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 am

More speculation based in a failed gravity-centric model. It's what those monkeys do best. So, what's the point?
It's all about perception.

jjohnson

Re: Search on for Nemesis

Unread post by jjohnson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 am

Concentrate on the phrase, "the only way to get...".
It's their way or the highway. As the poster showing an arrogant-appearing lion cub opined, "It's my opinion and it's very true!" "As everyone knows..." is an often fatal precedent, and usually irrelevant to the ensuing point, if any.

Pluto and Charon, much closer than Sedna, are also in an eccentric orbit, and it departs from the plane of the ecliptic by quite a bit, as well. What the heck "bumped" them into that orbit? Doesn't the gravity Model claim that "somehow" the gas cloud condensation flattens out into a nice disk shape and that just about all that stuff is supposed to be guided into the plane of the ecliptic? How does Neptune's tilted pole alignment jibe with this mumbo jumbo. Gravity torque that, too? If one looks, there are more exceptions than regularities. But then, "the exceptions prove the rule", so by that kind of logic, the Gravity Model is well-"proved" indeed! If dogma is repeated enough times in enough places, leveraged by so many sourcess on the internet, people will start thinking that it's "true", and the questioning reflex of natural skeptics is banked low.
:D

Aristarchus

Giant Stealth Planet

Unread post by Aristarchus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm

It always interests me when I read cosmology news stories in the mainstream media, and it becomes apparent what they leave out - more than what they're trying to prove. In this story from space.com

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/s ... 11201.html

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

The entire story uses this Giant Stealth Planet as a means of manipulating for the purposes of matching assumptions that are preexistent, and this pertains to comets being pushed into a solar orbit from the outer Oort Cloud. Although, I read that it doesn't explain comets from the flatter, inner donut-shaped Oort Cloud. Notice that the hypothesis in the paper is directed towards a retrofit of an already set of beliefs. As I've stated before, the observations of comets with the current technology available allows an a posteriori possibility that brings the empirical back into the picture over the purely theoretical - and this, I believe, bodes well for both plasma cosmology and the EU model.

Friedrich Nietzsche described that one aspect of "herd mentality" was the reliance among some in a populace towards having the media delineate opinions and thoughts for them - and this was a sign of "subservience" and weakness. I am becoming more inclined to understanding that the following news story represent purposely timed exposures in an effort to formulate groupthink as a defense against the incoming evidence that is, in reality, identifying a crisis in cosmology.

Now, read carefully the language being used in the article with my emphasis added, and it appears to me to demonstrate the presumptuousness of this current inquiry - also, be aware that the Oort Cloud has never been directly observed.
To avoid confusion with the Nemesis model, astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette dub their conjectured object "Tyche" — the good sister of the goddess Nemesis in Greek mythology, and a name proposed by scientists working on NASA's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) space telescope.
The researchers noted that most comets that fly into the inner solar system seem to come from the outer region of the Oort cloud. Their calculations suggest the gravitational influence of a planet one to four times the mass of Jupiter in this area might be responsible.

Two centuries of observations have indicated an anomaly that suggests the existence of Tyche, Matese said. "The probability that it could be caused by a statistical fluke has remained very small," he added.

The pull of Tyche might also explain why the dwarf planet Sedna has such an unusually elongated orbit, the researchers added.

If Tyche existed, it would probably be very cold, roughly minus 100 degrees F (-73 degrees C), they said, which could explain why it has escaped detection for so long — its coldness means that it would not radiate any heat scientists could easily spot, and its distance from any star means it would not reflect much light.

"Most planetary scientists would not be surprised if the largest undiscovered companion was Neptune-sized or smaller, but a Jupiter-mass object would be a surprise," Matese told SPACE.com. "If the conjecture is indeed true, the important implications would relate to how it got there — touching on the early solar environment — and how it might have affected the subsequent distributions of comets and, to a lesser extent, the known planets."
The fact of Tyche's existence is questionable, since the pattern seen in the outer Oort cloud is not seen in the inner Oort.

"Conventional wisdom says that the patterns should tend to correlate, and they don't," Matese said.

If the WISE team was lucky, it caught evidence for the Tyche solar companion twice before the space observatory's original mission ended in October. That could be enough to corroborate the object's existence within a few months as researchers analyze WISE's data.
An object is cut off from its name, habits, associations. Detached, it becomes only the thing, in and of itself. When this disintegration into pure existence is at last achieved, the object is free to become endlessly anything. ~ Jim Morrison

Jarvamundo

Re: Giant Stealth Planet

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:45 pm

The fact of Tyche's existence is questionable, since the pattern seen in the outer Oort cloud is not seen in the inner Oort.
We can see the Oort cloud now? :shock:

hahah what drivel, it's bizarre how this gets to print.

Aveo9

Re: Giant Stealth Planet

Unread post by Aveo9 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:15 am

So let me get this straight ... this "Tycho" has been invented to explain the Oort Cloud, which was invented so that cosmologists wouldn't have to challenge their 5 billion year old solar system model in light of new evidence? The model which itself is based on a whole catalogue of assumptions which in turn came about from the 19th century philosophies of Kant and Marx?

Actually there is an interesting drop-off in the Kuiper belt at 50 AU, which some astronomers have suggested could be caused by the gravitational influence of a distant planet, and searches have been done with no results. I know 50 AU is a lot closer than the Oort Cloud is supposed to be, but you never know, if they dedicate some funding towards finding Tyche, it might just be what we need to discover a planet outside the Kuiper belt. Now that'd be really exciting!
"If opposite poles attracted each other, they would be together in the middle of a magnet instead of at its ends"
-- Walter Russell

zour

[Article] A search for planet Tyche?

Unread post by zour » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I am surprised that the mainstream science is actually looking after this planet:
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Can_W ... d_999.html

Has this hypothesis a place in the Electric Universe?

The article lists an interview. I found this Q&A interesting:
Q: Why is the hypothesized object dubbed "Tyche," and why choose a Greek name when the names of other planets derive from Roman mythology?

A: In the 1980s, a different companion to the sun was hypothesized. That object, named for the Greek goddess "Nemesis," was proposed to explain periodic mass extinctions on the Earth.
This reminds me of the electrical discharge events on a planetary scale.
Could such a gigantic lightning have caused a mass extinction on planet Earth?