Deprivation

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

flyingcloud

Deprivation

Unread post by flyingcloud » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:14 am

Having been inspired by Lloyd's dream programming, vision quest, I searched this site for deprivation practices and the resulting psychological/physiological impact thereof. Didn't find nothing. So I figured I throw it out there for anyone interested in adding some input and links regarding the following practices and their implications within the human consciousness.

sensory deprivation - I've spent quite some time underground deep within caves spelunking an such and have acheived an elimination of sight and sound, meditating for hours on end where time stops and various fun things happen.

sleep deprivation - being a shift worker this comes easy on the graveyard shift and have found an easy link to the subconscious dream-like realm that can coexist with the semiconscious mind, more fun stuff there

fasting - this is the toughest for me cause I love to eat, but rumors abound of spiritual enlightenment gained from fasting rituals all over the world and through out time. (I did find several threads that mention fasting within this site)