REVELATION

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

madgreen

REVELATION

Unread post by madgreen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Revelation
Having studied many Ancient Texts and cross referencing them with the latest Revelations from The Electric Universe I say with a certain degree of Profundity that I have now concluded Who or What God is.
God is a:
Generator Or Dynamo

Plasmatic

Re: REVELATION

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:54 pm

We need to be careful with such a subject. This forum is based in science . Please refrain from religious topics. Thanks!
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:16 pm

One thing I learned from the thunderbolts team is the role of the archetype and how it figures in myth and legends. I seem to have come across several approaches to history with this method since I read the electric universe. They had a great one on the History Channel about the bible and UFO technology the other day. They did show that the archetype of how advanced information comes from "gods" who came to earth in all legends and myths and cultures. Begs the question how much you can learn with the archetype model as you apply it to history to understand what they were talking about since they all had the same archetype.

This has been a useful way for me to reinvestigate historical information for more then the electric universe and I thank the thunderbolt team for showing me how this is a important way to relate to history and why myths and legends are not just stories. Serendipity seems to have come into play after that first lesson. I have had probably three other archetype paradigms shown to me since then and its quite powerful in its presentation. So I can see how this would in and of itself shake up your world view and your view of history and religion, science, astronomy etc. The archetype is a powerful way to learn about the past and to decode the myth and legends into real facts. It has changed my view of many things in three months or finally answered long sought for answers between two possiblities of how to interpert these world myths and legends. Since the word or concept of god is a universal archetype its something to think about. Its a powerful tool that opens up many cans of worms if you use it properly. I guess what I am trying to say is if the thunderbolt team can do such a convincing job with their archetype view of history, that the same model and approach can and will change your view of God/god as quickly as the thunderbolt team changed your view of the universe. The most prevelent archetypes are able to be broken down into major themes about previous major earth changes which the thunderbolt team used so effectivly and watchers (angels/et) or gods who came down and gave us our scientific knowledge. The way they worked through world religious belief and archetypes and et/ufo was just amazing...truly a charoits of the gods revisited with the logic of the thunderbolt team that leaves you hard pressed to find it incorrect. If I can find a link to that History channel show I will post it. I would love to have someone tear it apart if they could. I do not think they can. Anymore then you can discount the work of the thunderbolts team.

Yeah, this is it. Watch this and tell me what you think. I would rather keep this about archetypes and how revelation of history might be reapproached with the archetype methodology. They make some good points and if you consider the fact that even three totally seperate cultures like the mayen, jewish (book of enoch) and Vedic Sanskrit are just three examples of myths that all say the same thing about how information on technology and science (metalurgy, complex math, planetary orbits, etc) was given from gods from above us who came down to us, Kinda makes you wonder, how much of that is myth since the archetypes are the same over vast distances and cultures. Just how did they learn these things? Why are the myths all the same? Watch part two and they state that every culture has the same archetype. Even just contrasting this approach to another I watched on Exodus in 3 D on the History Channel gives you a good idea of how archetypes are important in the quest to understand history. The Exodus in 3D was a great show and did some amazing deductive reasoning to explain Exodus and various events in Exodus as natural events. Having the two shows to mull over and the thunderbolts approach still fresh and vivid in my mind, I think the Bible/UFO archetype approach may well be the better model dispite the conclusions drawn between the two shows and their methodology. In the end the lesson to be learned is when any archetype shows up world wide it needs to be examined in the context of todays knowledge and not left as myths and legends that have no basis in fact. Thats throwing out the baby with the bath water as they say. I believe the Archetype is the revelation that revels more then concentrating on any one single myth. If you concentrate on the archetype that lives in every myth, it possible that there you will find fact and truth just like the thunderbolts team. I cannot prove it but it stands to reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQKUAnbqJ3c
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Ok ,,lets start here.... Define "Archetype" as explictly as you can. What is it and how does one recognize one??
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:19 pm

I took the basic definiton as found even in wikipedia, explained by jung and as used by the thunderbolts team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archetype
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1316220374

This was the approach presented in the bible/ufo archetype History Channel show and its powerful because it exposed world common archetypes which in and of itself is something impossible to be coincidence. This leaves you with some ovbious conclusions to be drawn in a technological advanced world that could explain archetype supernatural myths and archetype supernatural legends as archetype supertechnological in regard to gods and us being taught by them. Its a simple and profoundly powerful approach and the ability to dismiss all the archetypes as chance and coincidence are more absurd then the conclusions reached.

The key to understanding the myths is the archetype. This is something I have learned from the thunderbolts work and its equally applicable to other archetypes then the ones they pointed out. This journey of the archetypes is a powerful tool. At the level of the archetype everything is exposed and unified, its the forensic approach. Just like plasma science can explain the archetypes of world myth and pictographs of the sky, black projects and or ET can explain many things. Once you start the journey you find that the electic universe leads to technology of propulsion that the aether provides. Its impossible to seperate the relationships to these archetypes and technology we now use and understand in public and in military secrets and how they relate to myth, legends and history and how it has shaped religion and world view and our view of the universe. I am sure its no secret I believe in ET.

I really have no more unanswered questions about anything. I pesonally credit the thunderbolts project for paving the way for me to finish my journey of what the universe is and how it functions. The Archetype was one tool that solved other essential questions. UFO and ET and the charoits of the gods archetype have come back more profound then ever and I find it a more comprhensible reality then God doing supernatural things.

The journey to find a full and complete electric theory has led us to back to the aether and so the journey is complete. I am a very happy person to have had the veil lifted by the revelation of the thunderbolts projects. The archetype methodology and the electric universe concept were the two last pieces of the puzzle for me and my 46 years of study. Everything now fits and fits perfect. I no longer believe in dark matter, dark energy, gravity as a primary field. I have seen the light and its clear that the disconnect that modern cosmology hands us can be a weight that never lets you get your head above water. Having its weight lifted from my shoulders I can now see Tesla, Maxwell, Birkeland as masters of aether. Einstein and GR now are dead ducks to me.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Here is the Exodus Decoded which you can compare to the other show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBBvvDl25F4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQKUAnbqJ3c
The main difference is that they do not take into account the archetype involved. So they come to a natural conclusion for all the events of plagues, red sea parting, etc while leaving out God talking to Moses in person. This is like doing math without all the numbers as far as I can see. I mean where does all the communication with God and Moses fit in? They leave that out....was he delusional but all the events like plagues did happen>?

Thunderbolts archetype approach applied in the same manner to the basic story of exodus leaves us with different conclusions because it takes the archetype and examines it world wide and does not look at each myth in isolation but rather examines the common archetype and therefore concludes that it is not myth.

The archetype methodology is a process that leaves us with a totally different view then exodus being number one pure fantasy, or number two natural events or number three supernatural intervention...it could be supertechnological and that cannot be discounted especially when modern ufo archetypes matches the archetype of historical myths that state revelation from gods brought modern science to man as it appears worldwide in myths and legends. Thats a simple yet accurate use of the archetype methodology which uses common world myth and pictographs to examine this particular archetype just like the thunderbolt team did with the ancient sky.

We know we can achieve much more then we have. With the technology that the ET and the industrial/military complex seem to demonstrate today, we could certainly sumize that we have had revelation from somebody or something in the past as all myths and legends agree with which becomes the archetype of god as explained in the History Channel bible/ufo show. The Archetypes methodology and current ufo "stories" would support this theory in spades...

I think I just hit 21 and the archetype is the blackjack king.

I would like to hear what Dave Talbot has to say on this. I am sure he can walk circles around most people on this journey.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

madgreen

Unread post by madgreen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:39 pm

The Electric Universe’ affirmed what I’d always suspected. Prior to all else, that is “Big Bangs” or any physical creation, there was and will continue to be electricity. I believe that without it there could be no physical existence. I also believe that pure thought is electricity and does not need the human body to exist but only to express itself within a certain restricted paradigm. If I am correct it could partially explain why clinically dead humans have experienced verifiable OBE’s. “God “as I expressed the term is meant to be first and foremost ‘scientific’. True science surely is all encompassing in its study of man and his environment/existence within the universe, unlike most ‘religion’ that tends in the main to be to be exclusive.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 am

JL , having studied Jung alot longer that E.U. I can tell you that it is NOT the same thing as what Dave is referring to. Jung considered the Archetypes to be internal mental phenomenon. Or as Dave put it in MYTHSCAPES a "metaphor for a phsychological process" Dave makes the distinction clear inTHUNDERBOLTS OF THE GODS pg 89.:

"It is vital that the reader keep in mind , however ,that by "archtype"we do not mean the unconscious structures of thought to which Jung refered, but an original pattern of conscious human experience to which numerous unconscious ideas and tendencies may indeed trace."

Jungle lord wrote:
This leaves you with some ovbious conclusions to be drawn in a technological advanced world that could explain archetype supernatural myths and archetype supernatural legends as archetype supertechnological in regard to gods and us being taught by them. Its a simple and profoundly powerful approach and the ability to dismiss all the archetypes as chance and coincidence are more absurd then the conclusions reached.

Lets be clear the "gods" in the literature of Talbott , Cardona , and Cochrane are "Planets and aspects of planets" Dave points out :

"the ancient interpretations are imaginative: humans projected wide ranging personalities and mythic qualities onto objects and formations in space . In its skepticism about the patterns of human memory , the modern world forgot the disticion between natural event and human interpretation, then tossed out the entire body of evidence."

The method for dicovering these "Archetypes" is the Comparative Method. But one must realize that the origins of these patterns were objective referents in an ancient sky , "not part of our familiar world today"
Last edited by bboyer on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed quote bracket
Ayn Rand
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 am

Yes your right about the jung thingy reference I posted. That was a mistake on my part and makes it look like I am mixed up about the archetype view written about by talbot. I was just tried and really have never studied jung or his work. It was a quick word connection based on a goggle search with no investigation as to its view vs the work of talbot. Point taken and credit given where credit is due.

Now I also understand the view of the "gods" in thunderbolts work and thats also correct as they are planets. I still say that the bible ufo show did what Talbot did except with contact with gods. If you watch the show please tell me where they deviate from the Talbot methodology. I believe they did not, and they certainly did not take the jung approach. I have to say until some like yourself or mr talbot clears the air I have to believe that the work on the history channel show echos the work of talbot, albeit towards contact with gods.

The archetype is a powerful tool. If used the same as Mr Talbot with contact myth and legend, like I believe the history channel show did, it leaves us with a biased conclusion just like the view of Mr Talbot and planets, gods and myth. Its hard to say Talbot is wrong and if the History Channel did as good and thorough a job then its hard to say they are wrong since the methodology is the same.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:19 am

Junglelord wrote:
I still say that the bible ufo show did what Talbot did except with contact with gods. If you watch the show please tell me where they deviate from the Talbot methodology.
First off, let me say that I think that the study of the UFO phenomenon is a valid area of inquiry. There is much to be learned.
That being said, I don't see how there is anyway one can reconcile a "Chariot of the Gods" type scenario with anything pertaining to Thunderbolts, catastrophism, or Velikovskian type interpretation of the source of universal human archetypes.
Actually imho, to say that the archetypes were created by a UFO or alien visitation in ancient times is an alternative explanation to the catastrophist premise, and as such would diminish and/or preclude the interpretations of the various catastrophic models of mytho-history. This is because, the "Chariot of the Gods" or similar scenario is consistent with uniformitarianism in that it does not require any geological or astronomical forces that are not in action today. That is, it is an alternate way to interpret the exact same evidence that catastrophists say the ancients viewed in the sky. Few mainstream scientists today would deny the possibility that there are other and more advanced space faring civilizations in the universe, the debate is over whether or not they have actually visited Earth. There is no basic paradigm change required by a theory of alien visitation.
The key points to remember concerning catastrophic interpretations of the universal archetypes:
---there was fantastic imagery in the sky, seen around the world by all cultures, these were in the form of planetary bodies in close proximity to the Earth accompanied by a phantasmagoria of plasma effects and electrical discharges.
---the Earth was engulfed in deadly earthshocks, enormous tidal waves, super hurricane force winds, thunderbolts of mind boggling proportions carved, gouged, and reformed the land, mountains were overturned, boulders fell from the sky, etc etc
---the survival of the human race was in doubt, numerous human civilizations were destroyed. We as a species, came close to extinction.
we are the descendents of survivors who were the descendents of survivors to paraphrase Velikovsky
---the memory of this horror was supressed (amnesia,) causing human cultures to institutionalize the suppressed memories -to create stories (myth) with fantastic imagery, reenact through religious ritualization, human sacrifice and scapegoatism, war, kingship, etc.
---the archetypes (for example: the celestial dragon, long haired goddess, hero, original king, etc.) are not only integrated into the old stories told to us by our ancestors but also appear in our modern stories and influence our actions today, whether it takes the form of a symbolic star painted on a nuclear bomber, or a fanatical suicide bomber yelling "praise Allah," a movie about GODzilla destroying Tokyo, or a fundamentalist preacher joyously screaming of the impending apocalypse etc, etc...these are horrible suppressed memories resurfacing in bizarre forms.
The archetypes (as applied to catastrophism) are key to understanding the terror of the unstable order of the Solar System that our ancestors faced in the not so distant past. Furthermore, the sooner that modern man accepts the truth of his catastrophic past, the sooner we can take advantage of the present period of stability in the Solar System to implement the technologies available to us to insure the survival of the species both on this and other worlds.

Nick
Last edited by nick c on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indalo

Unread post by Indalo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 am

Hello JungleLord, I watched the UFOs in the Bible part 1 and I have a few comments. It seems to me you were already convinced of the existence of UFOs before viewing this, and so everything fell into place for you.

I like to think I have a pretty flexible mind and I'm open to being persuaded of the existence of 'superior' beings from unidentified planets, but I still have too many doubts to be as predisposed as yourself, to be able to enjoy the notion that the Bible can be explained in terms of alien visitors. For a start, there's the serious lack of archeological evidence to back up much of the Bible itself. Then, there is the insurmountable (for me) problem of the chronology of the writings: written hundreds of years AFTER the death of Jesus, whereas, in comparison, the Koran was being written as revealed to Muhhamed, although it too was not fully assembled until I believe a couple of hundred years after his death.

I feel the events described in the Bible have been pieced together, assembled from many different accounts and yet conforming to existing (at the time of writing) predominant popular belief and customs. The Bible, as pieced together by subsequent believers, is an amalgam of the different myths shared by those who previously worshipped anything but an invisible god and to this day Roman Catholic Christianity depends heavily on powerful symbols which date back to the days of the Egyptian Pharoes, and can be explained by the Electric Universe, Saturnian/Mythology theories. So, when stories in the Bible keep referring to the burning chariots of the gods, I am not convinced it is anything other than a reinterpretation of the pre-historical beliefs that the planets (and their spectacular exchange of electricity and plasma) were animated all powerful beings. (Have you come across this ?http://www.saturniancosmology.org/tab.php he points out how the major monotheistic religions all arose within the space of a hundred years, arguing that this coincided with the 'advent' of subjective consciousness: food for thought.)

I am personally convinced the only way to enlightenment is through the practice of mysticism: the 'instruments' vary from individual to individual, meditation being one of the most common. I feel many of the inexplicable accounts of apparent 'abduction' in the Bible and other Holy texts, are referencing individual moments of transcendance- moments which may not always be pleasurable experiences (Muhammad was terrified of his visions, as were, I think, the other prophets) but can not necessarily be explained in physical terms.

My major problem with the existence of UFO's is how they seem to be predominantly interested in the North American continent. I have a feeling you don't subscribe to the usual practice of American Exceptionalism, so I don't think you'll try to tell me that they visit more often there because of the superior technology/intellect or what have you! I mean, how come so many UFO's are spotted by Americans, or am I mistaken in this impression? The other problem is simply human being's distinctly low level of intellectual/spiritual evolution, which means we seem to be a singularly stupid bunch for any supposedly superior beings to be interested in at all. Unless of course, we are the cosmic equivalent of the laborotory white mouse ......

I was flicking through a recent copy of National geographic where there is a thought provoking article about the way animals think (or not, depending on your definition.) There was a dog who knew the names of several individuals, for example, we know the extraordinary complexity and depth of an elephant's social set up and the fact that they mourn is evidence to me that we have for centuries consistently misunderstood our fellow creatures here on earth, to a truly alarming extent. Sheep can remember faces, and for a lot longer than you or I. And I had a feeling sheep were so stupid, they would have died out long ago were it not for man's intervention! So what I'm trying to say is: given our own species severe defficiencies when it comes to simply sharing a planet with other livign species, what chance would any alien species have of succesfully interacting with us? Surely, they have sussed us, and that's why they're (as yet) not walking among us.

And since I recently discovered this, I'd like to share it with you: this is the account of Dr. Jill Bolt Taylor, a neuroanatomist who experienced an extraordinary out of body type awareness while going through a severe left hemisphere brain stroke. She experiences the same sense of 'oneness' and floating spiritual awareness all humanity has striven for, with and without religions, and with or without the help of alien technology! http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:52 pm

I think we are not connecting. The archetype we have here is contact with gods which is a commonality in world myth and legend. That is the way myth and legend worldwide tell us how we got scientific knowledge. That a god or gods came down in a chariot and gave it to us. That is not the same imagery at all as the thunderbolts team and I never tried to imply that it was, if that was what you thought I meant.

What I learned about common archetypes from dave talbot, is that the archetype of common things worldwide is more then myth...is it not a good methodology for contact if that fits the myths?

That is the only archetype we are dealing with in this view of myth and legend. It is a common archetype story about how our society learned what it knows and how it got so advanced so quickly. I am hard pressed to explain planetary knowledge, binary star knowledge, metalurgy, advanced geometry that seems to just explode on the scene across the world with primitive people. I do not believe in supernatural intervention.

As far as this becoming a bible lesson or debate then that again is not the point or purpose....however I do not see the bible being excused on archeology, rather it is consistent in proving it as a historical record. I again ask the question.

Can the methodology of the archetype not be applied to worldwide contact myths about scientific knowledge and it being given by gods?

I try to not be biased, I admit I do have a possible bias and thats why I am asking the members to check my links. Did they treat the model of the archetype properly and if so does it not give a possible explanation for how the contact with the gods is a common story in all primitive societies? This contact with gods is how we learned science.

Here is an example from the book of enoch which is a basic theme world wide.
"It discusses the teaching of humans by the fallen angels chiefly Azâzêl:

"And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures."

The feathered-serpent became the god of the Maya; Quetzalcoatl. He was a great teacher, bringer of knowledge and light; he came from the stars and he returned to the stars. The Aztec had the exact same legend with their god Kukukan. Thousands of years earlier, the Incas had their savior with the god Viracocha. Compared the story of enoch to these other world myths that give the same archetype formula its weird how much they are the same dispite time and space between them. Basicly god came down and educated man.

Thanks for taking the time to teach me and to listen to the History Channel link. I just want to be sure that the show is being critical of the archetype methodology properly. If so then its a better way to concider the evidence of common themes which appear worldwide, then to dismiss them as fiction or fantasy. All I can say is that after years of serious study the world wide UFO phenomenon is not limited to any country. If you read the world myths on how we got smart, they all say gods came down and gave it to us, taught us, helped us. Since that is a fact that is common in myth then is it not a archetype by definition (talbot methodology). If that is a basic guideline to the methodology then the god contact myth seems to fit the bill. It has nothing to do with the direction or the work of Talbot, except that if it is a valid way to dechiper the past, then it would still be a valid method with any archetype of history....not just the sky and world shaking events of earth or sky changes.

I see the work of Talbot to be a true revelation about knowledge, myth and history. I do not see it limited to his personal line of investigation, but rather as a powerful template for all historical archetypes. Correct me if I am wrong. Again lets not get too deep in the Exodus story but rather the archetype of contact world wide and god given knowledge worldwide. I am more interested in how the myans and other cultures seem to have explosions of learning and the myths all say gods came down and taught. So is that therefore not a contact story?

it would seem to me that the Talbot methodology is being adheared to when we investigate myths and contact and knowledge. This would seem to leap out at you if you check it out, just like the electric sky leaps out at you when you investigate it. The strenght of the argument is powerful because its as prevelent as the electric sky archetype which seems to permeate all myths. Again the two redundent archetypes seems to be electric sky changes and contact for teaching during examination of the world legends/myths comparisons. If we can take a leap of faith that the solar systems arrangement has changed from Talbots work, is it any less a leap to imagine that we were taught by gods if thats what they all tell us?
Last edited by junglelord on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Although I really would have liked to post in reply to another thread, I had to drop my two cents here before this train moves to far.

First of all, I really sense the NEED of the Myth-section building up to hights that this is discussed in this forum. I understand
that before opening such a Myth-section a lot of things have to be considered, but waiting too long with that will put constraints
on the discussion here. I also understand that the initiating post did not pertain to true religion or UFO stuff, and I thought it a fun tongue in cheeck comment by madgreen ;) .

Second, there arose the discussion of Archetype and what Jung or Talbott done with such an concept. I will not go into discussion about that in this forum as it for me pertains to the Myth-section and not here. Why? Because it is a concept used by Talbott in relation to what he is investigating in myth and such. Although I see a danger in using concepts loosely, for instance in what realtion does Archetype stand to Idea or Form or Hypostases or Essence or Potentiality or Paradigm or Manifold ? Semantics? Probably, but that is what you get when studying linguistic sources. All the more reason to place that discussion in about Archetypes in the still to come (?) Myth-section. But that is just my humble opinion.

Thirdly, the phenomenon of UFO was brought up. Although maybe controversial for some, I personally see no problem in having a discussion about that. Purely from the fact that in certain cases there was the influence of electromagnetic interferences with subjects or surroundings or even the displaying of EM-effects. So for me the subject of the phenomenon on this forum in one thread seems no problem to me.

As Junglelord came with the links to some youtubes of some History Channel shows I will try to give a reply to that.
First of all, and don't be offended now but to study the UFO-phenomenon by History Channel shows is definitely not the why to get your information about this. I truly hope this is not the only source you are using for this. Both shows did particulary not a good job in handling this. I will not go into biblical commentary but these are really slick made "documentaries" but shoddy and very very selective in there choice of information. Sure there are inroads in those old texts and yes for me there is some connection to the UFO-phenomenon. But if you would like to watch closer to both shows, they are not for
explaining an aspect of the UFO-phenomenon but they are trying to make you focus on validating the bible or some other scriptures. They even shoot in there own foot by making a connection to that Santorini-catastrophe and ten plagues. If it was
the volcano then what did Mozes do? I think you must see these both two shows in the light of the evangelical creationism that is in vogue, just as Intelligent Design, in certain circles. Also these both two shows are full of propoganda techniques that are subtle and vile.

Indalo
already made some inroads in to questioning some of the validity of using and/or making conclusions from religious texts. I do certainly not agree with all he says in his first two paragraphes but it is a beginning.
Further on he writes:
My major problem with the existence of UFO's is how they seem to be predominantly interested in the North American continent. I have a feeling you don't subscribe to the usual practice of American Exceptionalism, so I don't think you'll try to tell me that they visit more often there because of the superior technology/intellect or what have you! I mean, how come so many UFO's are spotted by Americans, or am I mistaken in this impression?
You are most definitely mistaken in that impression. This is a worldwide phenomenon. It is the problem a lot Americans have trouble with in my opinion, Amero-centrism. Which is a consequence of schooling, media and national security . If you are really interested in this phenomenon one should also try to see further than just the American Grey Mythology.
In a way this centrism is also prevailent in trying to hard to focus on judeo-christian sources in religious-UFO connectivity "research". It's not about the phenomenon but making it into propaganda for nationalistic or religious issues.

To at least bring some compensating info I'll post some links later on.
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm

I want to thank you for taking the time to try to help me to understand the work of Talbot and the methodology properly and for taking the time to break down the history channel shows. I look forward to the myth section to learn more about the Talbot approach of the archetype. That is my main interest currently and wonder if I can or someone else already has used the methodology properly without bias as it pertains to contact.

Maybe you could view this one link about contact in americas and tell me what you think of it and the archetype methodology.

Viracocha / Kukulkan / Quetzalcoatl are one of the many enigmas of our Earth's history.

Mesoamerican legends in general all seem to feature the same God despite the fact that each Mesoamerican culture had its “own” lore about the creation of humanity. There exists a common element in all of them - Viracocha/Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl- this deity is either directly involved in the actual process of creation or acts as humanity's protector and advocate. Some of the stories vary both slightly and significantly, but maintain for the most part a common theme as described above.

Many similarities and parallels exist between Mesoamerican and Indian (India), Sumerian and Egyptian mythology as well as having many elements comparable with stories in the Bible.

The Incas, Maya and Aztecs had cultures that were thriving and quite advanced in many ways. The calendars, and art of these peoples were at least equal if not superior in quality to European standards and to that of ancient Egypt.

The deity known as Viracocha / Kukulkan / Quetzalcoatl was said to be responsible for giving these crafts to the, Incas, Mayas and Aztecs.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~theseeker/Viracocha.htm

I eagerly await the new and proper place for a archetype thread.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Didn't think I'd re-enter the EU on this thread...Let's get a designated mythology thread going and transfer all these posts to that?
Revelation is an interesting word... I have a saying: Knowledge comes through study; truth comes through revelation.
I believe that most pursuits of knowledge, and ALL of its interpretation, are built upon a foundation of belief, a faith base. Discourse with opposing or alternate viewpoints is the best way to reduce the effects of bias in drawing our conclusions, but that fundamental bias can hardly be minimized, and certainly not excluded. This perhaps sets my view of science apart from many of the posts I read here, but even the assumptions of naturalism and materialism set up and limit the scope and depth of our knowledge, likewise our conclusions. Want to understand what a person is really trying to say? Find out what he/she believes! Then you can gleen some [or deeper] understanding from the science being presented. I get quite a lot of insight into catastrophism and field unification this way from creationist researchers, and Intelligent Design adherents. Science modernists run scared when they hear words like "supernatural" used in the context of science, but why, really? Does valid scientific pursuit really require that only random material processes be involved in the operation of nature? Pure science of course is self-limiting in its ability to hypothesize/observe/draw conclusions only from material, repeatable experience; but does that mandate other operations not so accessible to the pure scientist be ruled out of the universe?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.