Climate Change

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Solar

Re: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent ...

Unread post by Solar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:49 pm

So called "global warming" is a purposefully induced man made psychosis. Only 52 people produced the faulty computer model and now a whopping 650 dissent against it. It's about time.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:49 pm

Solar wrote:It's about time.
It's about $$. *Wink* j/k

~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Re: The world has never seen such freezing heat

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Speaking of such "freezing heat," Portland is finally out of the grip of snow that's bogged it down for the last 2 weeks. At least one or two days of which were the coldest on record, and this is certainly the most snowfall I've seen and the longest lasting in the Portland area since I was a kid and even then I don't recall it ever lasting this long. Usually it just rains and rains, maybe snows a teeny tiny bit and then melts. But we got probably a foot of snow or more over the last 2 weeks. Maybe not all at once, it melted a bit and then snowed some more. But, man... I've been snowed in a couple weeks now. Finally got out over the weekend. Sucked not having internet at the new house yet. :x

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

Tzunamii

Unread post by Tzunamii » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:59 am

Happy New Year, and Welcome out of your little ice age :D
I live in Philly, & so far, everyone around us has been slammed with harsh winter weather, but "we've' escaped with rain.
I'm waiting on the other shoe.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:28 am

MGmirkin wrote:
Solar wrote:It's about time.
It's about $$. *Wink* j/k

~Michael
Is that you MGmirkin!?!? Nice to see you.

And yes you're correct when it boils down to it.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Irish Environment minister Sammy Wilson: I still think man-made climate change is a con

Belfast Telegraph
December 31, 2008

Spending billions on trying to reduce carbon emissions is one giant con that is depriving third world countries of vital funds to tackle famine, HIV and other diseases, Sammy Wilson said.

The DUP minister has been heavily criticised by environmentalists for claiming that ongoing climatic shifts are down to nature and not mankind.

But while acknowledging his views on global warming may not be popular, the East Antrim MP said he was not prepared to be bullied by eco fundamentalists.

“I’ll not be stopped saying what I believe needs to be said about climate change,” he said.

most of the people who shout about climate change have not read one article about it

“I think in 20 years’ time we will look back at this whole climate change debate and ask ourselves how on earth were we ever conned into spending the billions of pounds which are going into this without any kind of rigorous examination of the background, the science, the implications of it all. Because there is now a degree of hysteria about it, fairly unformed hysteria I’ve got to say as well.
http://www.infowars.com/?p=6897
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Solar wrote:Is that you MGmirkin? Nice to see you.
I'm merely a figment of your active imagination! ;)

~Michael (Err, your imagination...)

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Cosmic rays detected deep underground reveal secrets of the upper atmosphere
Cosmic-rays detected half a mile underground in a disused U.S. iron-mine can be used to detect major weather events occurring 20 miles up in the Earth’s upper atmosphere, a new study has revealed.
Published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters and led by scientists from the UK’s National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
These events can have a significant effect on the severity of winters we experience, and also on the amount of ozone over the poles - being able to identify them and understand their frequency ...
Working in collaboration with a major U.S.-led particle physics experiment called MINOS (managed by the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory), the scientists analysed a four-year record of cosmic-ray data ...
What did surprise the scientists, however, were the intermittent and sudden increases observed in the levels of muons during the winter months. These jumps in the data occurred over just a few days. On investigation, they found these changes coincided with very sudden increases in the temperature of the stratosphere (by up to 40 deg C in places!).
http://www.ncas.ac.uk/index.php?option= ... Itemid=249

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:17 pm

:idea:
I'm a sceptic now, says ex-NASA climate boss

The Register, Jan. 28, 2009
Dr John Theon, the retired scientist formerly in charge of key NASA climate programs who supervised James Hansen -- the activist-scientist who helped give the manmade global warming hypothesis centre prominent media attention -- has come out as a skeptic about man-made global warming.

"My own belief concerning anthropogenic climate change is that the models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit," he said. "Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it.

"They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy."
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/28 ... ate_theon/

Steve Smith

Unread post by Steve Smith » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 am

Henrik Svensmark is the man when it comes to offering an alternative view of how climate on Earth is intimately connected to the galaxy.

http://thecloudmystery.com/Clip.html

Henrik Svensmark

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:01 pm

"Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it.

"They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy."
Precisely... Couldn't have said it better myself. Wait, that *IS* what I said over on Now Public. Well, same line of reasoning anyway. Need transparency and redundancy in science. Falsification and re-testing of models is a cornerstone of science. To subvert independent review / replication is to subvert science, in general. My opinion, stated a bit more firmly than usual.

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin

Faraday Cage

Unread post by Faraday Cage » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Former astronaut speaks out on global warming

Smart man.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/natio ... ion=recent

"SANTA FE, N.M. - Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt, who walked on the moon and once served New Mexico in the U.S. Senate, doesn’t believe that humans are causing global warming.

"I don’t think the human effect is significant compared to the natural effect," said Schmitt, who is among 70 skeptics scheduled to speak next month at the International Conference on Climate Change in New York"

FS3

Magnetic Activity of Sun best correlation to temperature!

Unread post by FS3 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Most of the world´s politicians have gone beserk! The minds of some world leaders have become firmly shut to anything but the fantasies of the scaremongers of "Global Warming". Now, read this article from The Telegraph:
...Nothing has more acutely demonstrated this than the reliance of the IPCC on computer models to predict what is going to happen to global temperatures over the next 100 years. On these predictions, that temperatures are likely to rise by up to 5.3C, all their other predictions and recommendations depend, yet nearly 10 years into the 21st century it is already painfully clear that the computer forecasts are going hopelessly astray. Far from rising with CO2, as the models are programmed to predict they should, the satellite-measured temperature curve has flattened out and then dropped. If the present trend were to continue, the world in 2100 would not in fact be hotter but 1.1C cooler than the 1979-1998 average.

Yet it is on this fundamental inability of the computer models to predict what has already happened that all else hangs. For two days in New York we heard distinguished experts, such as Professor Syun-Ichi Akasofu, former director of the International Arctic Research Center, Dr Willie Soon of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and Professor Paul Reiter of the Pasteur Institute, authoritatively (and often wittily) tear apart one piece of the scare orthodoxy after another.

Sea levels are not shooting up but only continuing their modest 3mm a year rise over the past 200 years. The vast Antarctic ice-sheet is not melting, except in one tiny corner, the Antarctic Peninsula. Tropical hurricane activity, far from increasing, is at its lowest level for 30 years. The best correlation for temperature fluctuations is not CO2 but the magnetic activity of the sun. (For an admirable summary of proceedings by the Australian paleoclimatologist Professor Bob Carter, Google "Heartland" and "Quadrant")...
How nice, how convinient that at least there is some logical thinking left on this planet...

FS3

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:24 pm

I believe that the Arctic ice is thinning due to soot falling onto the
ice and absorbing sunlight which melts the ice. Same with a lot
of glaciers. The Antarctic is a lot less affected because there is
a lot less pollution in the southern hemisphere. However this ratio
is changing rapidly. If the ice goes then this will heat the Earth.
So the key issue is not atmospheric CO2 nor is it electricity as
Solar or galactic input, the key issue is pollution.

Please read the following articles on soot and the arctic:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 200309.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 191911.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 135517.htm

Mo