The Sun

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

The Sun

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:11 am

(The sun controls the earth's global electrical circuit)
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf007/sf007p13.htm
Data collected from electrosondes (balloons measuring atmospheric electrical currents) over the Antarctic ice caps infer that solar flares stimulate large surges in the flow of electrical charge from the upper atmosphere to the earth's surface. Because this unidirectional flow of fair-weather electricity must ultimately be balanced by thunderstorms somewhere on the planet, it follows that the frequency and severity of terrestrial thunderstorms are dictated, at least on the average, by solar activity. Formerly, global circuit theory had it that the thunderstorms themselves were the driving force behind the fairweather current flow. Now it seems that the sun calls the tune and that thunderstorms do not arise at random.

(Anonymous; "Solar Activity and Terrestrial Thunderstorms," New Scientist, 81:256, 1979.)
It seems that even as early as 1979 people had suggested that the sun plays a far larger role in terrestrial processes than we had heretofore imagined.

Is this view supported by the recent re-discovery of Birkeland currents?

(NASA Spacecraft Make New Discoveries About Northern Lights)
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/themi ... ights.html
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/themi ... multi.html

(Spring is Aurora Season)
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008 ... spring.htm

IE, we know that the sun transacts electrically with the Earth. To what degree is the sun responsible (via sunspots, solar flares, CMEs, etc.) for the level of thunderstorm activity and to what degree does it contribute electrically to global weather (in addition to more simple radiative heating)?

~Michael Gmirkin
Last edited by nick c on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread title changed / posts merged
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Re: The Sun Calls the Tune?

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:36 am

Another similar article:

(What Heats The Earth)
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf054/sf054g14.htm
The currently popular model of the earth has its heat generated by the radioactive decay of uranium and other elements. Some of these decay reactions produce helium -- so-called radiogenic helium. But, as the following excerpt asserts, the amount of helium actually detected is way out of line with the measured heat flow.
"The present rate of mantle heat loss, however, is out of equilibrium with the rate of helium loss -- too large by about a factor of 20. Either radiogenic helium is accumulated in the mantle while heat escapes or current models for the bulk chemistry of Earth are in error and much of the terrestrial heat loss is nonradiogenic."
(Oxburgh, E. Ronald and O'Nions, R. Keith; "Helium Loss, Tectonics and the Terrestrial Heat Budget," Science, 237: 1583, 1987.)

Comment. Such data encourage the thought that a portion of the earth's heat may be generated electrically -- we live on a colossal, spherical, electrical hotplate! Who said science was dull?
One wonders if they read thunderbolts.info TPODs?

(Earth: A Self-repairing Capacitor)
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004/ ... acitor.htm

(Seeing Circuits [1])
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/ ... rcuits.htm

They must... ;)

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

seasmith

Sunspots- Solar Dynamics Observatory

Unread post by seasmith » Tue May 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Sunspots sketched by Richard Carrington on Sept. 1, 1959. Copyright: Royal Astronomical Society: more.

On that morning, he was capturing the likeness of an enormous group of sunspots. Suddenly, before his eyes, two brilliant beads of blinding white light appeared over the sunspots, intensified rapidly, and became kidney-shaped.
....when telegraphers disconnected the batteries powering the lines, aurora-induced electric currents in the wires still allowed messages to be transmitted.
..."Energetic particles leave a record in nitrates in ice cores,"
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008 ... ist1066595

~

seasmith

Total Eclipse of Sun

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:43 pm

On Friday, August 1st, millions of people in Greenland, Siberia, Mongolia and China—especially China—are going to witness a total eclipse of the sun.

http://shadowandsubstance.com/

[img]http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/ ... .jpg[/img]

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008 ... ist1066595

~

donebull

Unread post by donebull » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:06 am

It's a materialistic belief that the Sun generates Earth weather.
The actual observation is that the Sun's flares are reflecting
Earth weather - however counter-intuitive that may seem.
I would say that the atmosphere of the Earth is generating
the influence and local gravity itself.

These are my observations only. I can not defend them
to the bitter end in science jargon or logical reasoning
based on todays consensus science beliefs. I think my
intuitive sense is so different that they require an entirely
different set of concepts to make any sense of them.
I would like very much for anyone to generate an electrical
model idea on the back of an envelope to see where it
might go.

James Conway

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:31 am

Its all interconnected. The entire universe is in relationship.
There is no single control mechanism.
The earth is nothing without the sun, the sun nothing without its neighbours, them nothing without the galactic arm, it nothing without the spiral vortex galaxy we reside it, that is related to the local group, which makes filimentary connections to more local groups, etc.
;)
Charge seperation is continuous and universal and felt as tension, infact its called electric tension. Tension is continual, compression members discontinuous, ie stars and planets. Its a tensegrity system. Also a quantum system and its quantum harmonic resonace and entanglement is clear if you feel intuitive enough.
8-)
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Strangely enough, I just ran across this article in Sky and Telescope (among others):

(The Sun Shakes the Earth)
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/communit ... 12202.html
During the 1960s solar physicists realized that the Sun throbs constantly as pressure waves — literally sounds — echo and resonate throughout the solar interior. There are millions of different resonances inside the Sun, the "loudest" of which cluster around one dominant frequency of 0.003 hertz, that is, one vibration every 5 minutes.

[...]

What's interesting, and only now coming to light, is how pervasively the Sun's vibrations make their presence known on Earth. When five researchers, led by statistician David Thomson (Queen's University, Ontario), started looking into the cause of some recent satellite failures, they turned up vibrations matching the Sun's in a host of settings they hadn't expected: the magnetosphere, ionosphere, cellular-phone systems, transoceanic cables, and even Earth itself.

The last of these seems the most remarkable. About a decade ago geophysicists realized that faint resonant "hums" are constantly present in seismic records. There's no consensus on what might be causing them, though excitation by ocean waves has been considered most likely. However, as the team reports in May's Proceedings of the IEEE, a solar source is a better all-around fit. By all indications, they conclude, the Sun is inducing vibrations in our magnetosphere and, in turn, quite literally shaking Earth itself.
Which leads to this article:

(Moving to the rhythm of the Sun)
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMJJYUL05F_index_0.html
Scientists from the Ulysses mission have proven that sounds generated deep inside the Sun cause the Earth to shake and vibrate in sympathy. They have found that Earth’s magnetic field, atmosphere and terrestrial systems, all take part in this cosmic sing-along.

[...]

According to Thomson, data from Ulysses provided an important clue as to how these sounds generated deep inside the Sun reach the Earth.

The same techniques applied to the terrestrial data sets were first used on measurements of energetic particle fluxes and interplanetary magnetic fields recorded on board Ulysses.

Surprisingly, rather than being random in nature, the fluctuations in the data were made up of many discrete frequencies or tones, similar to the terrestrial data.

[...]

Some of these so-called solar oscillations had been observed optically using instruments on SOHO, and by dedicated networks of telescopes on the Earth. They are caused by pressure waves in the Sun, and are referred to as p-modes. The deeper sounds associated with the Sun’s gravity waves (g-modes) are far more elusive.

[...]

They examined a wide range of data sets covering natural phenomena and technological systems in fields as diverse as telecommunications and seismology and continued to find new evidence of discrete tones with characteristics of solar oscillations in what was previously considered background “noise”. This added to the puzzle posed by the Ulysses findings.

Thomson believes that the key to the problem is magnetism. He suggests that the g-mode vibrations are picked up by the magnetic field at the Sun’s surface. Part of this magnetic field is then carried away from Sun into interplanetary space by solar wind, where it can be detected by space probes like Ulysses.

The magnetic field of the solar wind in turn interacts with the Earth’s magnetic field and causes it to vibrate in sympathy, retaining the characteristic g-mode signals. The motions of the geomagnetic field then couple into the solid Earth to produce small, but easily detectable, responses as Earth, with many of its technological systems, moves to the rhythm of the Sun.
Interesting stuff...

~Michael Gmirkin

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Not strange at all, its exactly what I said.
;) :D :geek:
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:02 am

Did you know the suns resonate frequency is a harmonic of the earths and of brain waves?
This might awaken some internal understanding of a universe that is connected electrically as tension in a continual form and also has harmonic fundamental relaionships from every place at once via quantum harmonic resonance and quantum entanglement. This tensegrity system I just mentioned functions as a tuned coupled harmonic oscillator. Something a tensegrity system does naturally.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 235#p11235
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:40 am

This harmonic resonance is revealed in Kepler's 3rd law of planetary motion, and in Bode's Rule, which traces out the semi-major axes of the planetary orbs as harmonics on a musical instrument, even to the point of predicting the boundary of the solar system as being at the aphelion distance of Pluto, yet to be confirmed. In addition, this pattern beats with the geometry of circumscribed hexagons and squares, and is an exponential fractal. I don't think the sun calls the tune, but we all dance to it!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 pm

A very interesting thread. It reminded me of this from 'The Dream of Scipio' by Cicero:
I was dumbfounded for quite a while before I managed to inquire, "What sound do I hear, so magnificent, so sweet, which fills my ears?"

"That is the music of the spheres," he answered. "The spheres create this music by their own motion as they move. The intervals between the spheres, though they differ in length, are all measured according to a fixed scheme of proportions; this arrangement of proportions produces a harmony of high and low notes. Did you believe that these motions could take place in silence? Rather, nature has ordained that these spheres give forth music, the highest spheres singing high sounds, the lowest singing deep and low sounds. The spheres containing the uppermost stars are the regions where the motions are fastest, and so they give off high sounds; the Moon, on the other hand, lies beneath the others and moves very slowly, and so gives off the lowest note. The ninth sphere, the earth, since it does not move at all, is motionless and silent. But the other eight spheres produce seven notes, each corresponding to one of the notes on the scale. You may wonder why they don't give off eight sounds; this is because two of the spheres move at identical speeds. So the spheres give off seven notes, the number fundamental to all existing things. Some people have imitated these musical effects with their instruments and their voices, giving themselves the possibility of returning to this place. Others have the same chance as well if they devote themselves to heavenly activities while living on earth. You should realize that human ears are constantly filled with this music, but they have made themselves completely deaf to it. No other human sense is as weak as this. A similar thing occurs where the Nile rushes down from a mountain to Catadupa; the noise is so loud that the people living nearby have become completely deaf. That's why this great music of the spheres, created by the whole universe, can't be heard by humans. It is similar to looking into the sun, which is so bright it will blind you entirely."
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/ROME/SCIPIO.HTM
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:17 pm

webolife wrote:This harmonic resonance is revealed in Kepler's 3rd law of planetary motion, and in Bode's Rule, which traces out the semi-major axes of the planetary orbs as harmonics on a musical instrument, even to the point of predicting the boundary of the solar system as being at the aphelion distance of Pluto, yet to be confirmed. In addition, this pattern beats with the geometry of circumscribed hexagons and squares, and is an exponential fractal. I don't think the sun calls the tune, but we all dance to it!
The book of Coincidence is amazing, exactly what you said.
http://www.halexandria.org/dward116.htm
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

edcrater

Unread post by edcrater » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 am

Since the current comes in at the poles and goes out at the equator into the heliospheric current sheet, I wonder whether the equatorial belt thunderstorms are caused by the current flow. [[i.e. instead of by the incoming high heat playing on the equatorial ocean, as conventional science would have it.]]

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:11 am

If you look at any planet with an atmosphere, you will see the equatorial belt turbulence and cyclones. Could it be the solar input from heat? Bullflakes!
Electric current, I bet! :idea: :idea: :idea:

sercet

NEW THEORY FOR CALCULATING SUNSPOT CYCLES

Unread post by sercet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Here you will find a new theory with which you can calculate sunspot cycles.
It was developed by a Belgium scientist.

I can not attach the excell file because it does not accept an xls extension.

Just email me and I will send you the excel file.
Email: buscame77@yahoo.com
Subject: Excel File

Summary of the model.

It explains:

1) Long and short sunspot cycles

2) Very low sunspot activity.

3) Why there is a difference between the sunspot numbers South and North of the equator (slightly different speed Southern and Northern polar field)

4) Why there is very low sunspot activity South or North of the equator, while there is sunspot activity in the opposite place!

5) Outburst of magnetic field activity are seen on the theoretical model. Even in declining and low sunspot activity!

HERE WITH THE RIGHT EXPLANATION
1) Open the excell file
2) Chart 3 is an example of an end result
3) Click on sheet 1
4) Change A5
5) The end formula will be changed immediately
6) Change A6
7) Put the mouse on row I number 1
8) Pull it lower
9) Push F11
10) The new chart will appear!

How to enlarge it?
1) Put the mouse on the last number from row C (now 486)
2) Pull it lower with the black dot on the right
3) Do the same with row F and I
4) Repeat 7 till 10

A Theoretical Calculation of the Sunspot Cycle

With the help of a simple integral, a theoretical sunspot cycle of eleven years can be imitated (copied) as follows:
The polar magnetic field of the sun rotates (theoretically) in about 37.2 days; the equatorial field in 25.75 days (the average of the last 75 years: see Long Term Variations of the Torsional Oscillations of the Sun, Solar Physics 170: 373/388, 1997, by Dirk K. Callebaut). At a certain moment, the equatorial field takes over from the polar field. Therefore we can only investigate the relationship between the field of the sun and an independent observer by measuring only each take-over movement. Through this we always compare only two variants: the converging positions of the fields in relation to the shifted point of observation. In fact we are doing nothing more than calculating the winding process of the magnetic field of the sun. At this moment we can calculate the numbers of the fields together with the converging position:

360 / 25.75 = 13.9805825 degrees
360 / 37.19 = 9.6800215 degrees
The difference is: 13.9805825 – 9.6800215 = 4.30055848 degrees
The polar field is taken over by the equatorial field after the following number of days:
360 / 4.30055848 = 83.710058 days = 1 bit

The number of circles traveled by the equatorial field is:
83.710058 / 25.75 = 3.25087545

The number of circles traveled by the polar field is:
83.710058 / 37.19 = 2.25087545
0.25087545 circle forms a bit and will be used as a basic unit in the calculation

First point:
0.25087545 x 360 = degrees
= 91,3 degrees
= A

Put this in relation with an observer who travels the length of the mean of the polar and equatorial field in one day.
Total length equator field = 4.370.880 km
Mean of Polar field = between 700.000 km and 900.000 km = 800.000 km
4.370.880 + 800.000 = 5.170.880 km

mean =2.585.440 km

=> This is about equal with the speed of an object that travels 360 days around the sun in one year (plus/ minus)

=> To be corrected when we know the circumference of the polar field more excactly

Comparisson speed earth

Speed earth = 29,77 km sec
29,77 x sidereal day = 2.565.000 km/day

Conclusion

Point B goes in plus minus 360 days around the sun
in this case = 83, 7 days = 83,7 degrees because days is same as degrees
= B
A - B = end formula

When you calculate and subtract both graphics, the result will be the difference between the magnetic field of the sun and an independent observer. Filling in the previous numbers in the Excel file this results in a sunspot cycle of 54.5 bits. 54.5 x 83.710058 days = 4,562.2 days = 12.49 years.

Note:
The changes of speed of both the equatorial and polar fields were not taken into account.

Sunspot cycle of 9 years

We change the hypothetical speed of the polar field into 37.16 days:
360 / 37.16 = 9.68783638 degrees
Difference = 4.292746117 degrees
360 / 4.292746117 = 83.86240187 days = 1 bit
83.86240187 / 25.75 = 3.2567923
0.2567923 circle = 1 bit

When you put these numbers in the Excel file the result is a sunspot cycle of 42 bits.
42 x 83.86240187 = 3,522.2 days = 9.64 years.

Important conclusions:

1) Only a small change in the speed of the polar or equatorial field can result in a considerable prolongation or deceleration of the sunspot cycle.

2) From a mathematical point of view there has to exist a very close correlation between the equatorial and polar field.

3) The sunspot cycle together with the polar reversal of the magnetic field of the sun lasts longer when the polar field rotates somewhat slower. A difference of only (!) 0.0807 percent causes the cycle to rise from 9.64 to 12.49 years!

Third example: the cycle of 11 years

Speed of the polar field: 37.176 days
360 / 37.176 = 9.683666882 degrees
Difference: 4.296915618 degrees
360 / 4.296915618 = 83.7810262 days = 1 bit
83.7810262 / 25.75 = 3.25363208 circle
0.25363208 circle = 1 bit

When you put these data in the Excel file, the result is a sunspot cycle of 48.0 bits.
48.0 x 83.7810 = 4,021.5 days = 11.01 years.

Very low sunspot activity

Equator field: 25.75
Polar field: 37.291

Very long cycle
=> ALMOST ZERO SUNSPOT ACTIVITY!

To be studied:
Speed equator field: 25.75
When you slow down the speed of the polar field further to 37.4075, the length of the sunspot cycle DECREASES again to 11 years!

Question:
Is this a possible explanation for the change of the magnetic field every 11 years?

1) Cycle of 11 years based on a speed of 25.75 days (equator field) and 37.176 days (polar field)
2) Cycle of 11 years based on a speed of 25.75 days (equator field) and 37.4075 days (polar field)

=> First cycle + and other - ?